|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
Welcome back to CareerMudhra.com! I hope you all are doing well and having a good time! Today in this post, I will be giving you in-depth information about SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences in Karnataka.
As you saw in my previous posts, I have been discussing various Naturopathy colleges in Bangalore to give you an overview and detailed information so that you can choose wisely and better.
Being the first college of Naturopathy established in India, it has gained a great reputation for the time being. The college was established in the year 1989 by the SDM Educational Society in Ujire. Every year the college takes up to 120 students for the course of BNYS.
With the ever-changing health care system, the SDM College of Naturopathy aims at providing quality education about Ayurveda and yogic sciences to its students.
Let’s move on further and learn everything about the colleges making our choices clearer and wider.
Table of Contents
- Ownership type : Private.
- No. Of Faculties: 300.
- Campus area: – 65 acres.
- Founded Year: 1989.
- Approved by: AYUSH.
- University: RGUHS.
- No. Of students: 1500.
The SDM college provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and P.hD courses in the field of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences.
- Bachelors of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)—
It is an undergraduate program that aims at providing the students with all the skills that will help them at delivering Naturopathy and Yoga health services efficiently.
Duration of the course—Five and a half years (which includes four and a half year of academics and one year of compulsory rotatory internship)
In this, the students are motivated to provide a promotive, curative, and rehabilitative medicinal cure and therapies.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D)- Naturopathy —-
It is a postgraduate program that aims at providing the students with an understanding of the specified course in order to provide quality care to the patients identifying the root cause and curing them clinically.
There are two courses available under this category.
- MD in Clinical Yoga–
It is a three-year course that gives you an insight into the knowledge of Yogic sciences and the various ways in which you can practice it in order to accentuate the life of the being.
- MD in Nutrition and Dietetics—
This is a three years postgraduate program which offers you all the diet and nutrition-related knowledge in the field of Naturopathy and Yogic sciences.
- Doctoral Courses (P.hD) in Naturopathy and Yoga
Eligibility stands for the minimum criteria that are required for a candidate to take up the admission procedure.
It is very important for you to go through all the details of the eligibility criteria in order to understand the minimum norms for the admission process.
Minimum eligibility criteria for admission in Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science:
- The candidate must qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam. But, this year due to COVID-19 pandemic and issues, NEET is not mandatory for joining BNYS colleges.
- Candidate must have completed 17 years of age by 31 December of the commencing academic year.
- For the candidate seeking admission, they should have passed 10+2/PUC/PDC examination from a recognized university or equivalent to that from a recognized educational board.
- The candidate must have passed with a minimum passing aggregate of 45% including subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the qualifying examination.
Minimum eligibility criteria for admission to MD in Naturopathy and yogic sciences:
- The candidate must have passed its undergraduate course of BNYS with a minimum aggregate of 50% from a recognized university.
- They should be registered.
- The candidate must have completed its one-year rotatory internship.
The college has a vast campus spreading in acres of land. The college is constructed by keeping modern architecture in mind.
At the campus, you will find a student-friendly atmosphere that will accentuate your whole experience.
The college aims and strives to provide the best to its students. Every area has been properly designed and equipped to make you comfortable and learn better.
I would like to highlight a few of the facilities that you will find on the campus:
There are separate hostels for girls and boys just adjacent to the campus the men’s block named as Pathanjali Hostel and women’s named Prakruthi Hostel. There will be proper security for the safety of the students along with a warden in charge. The rooms are spacious for a comfortable stay with the students. The hoStel also has a recreation area, prayer hall, study hall, etc.
The Library is open to all the students and operates on all the working days. The students can read books, lend them from the library. The library has a vast collection of yoga books and medical sciences thus helping the students to learn better.
YOGA AND ACTIVITIES
There are proper well-constructed places for yoga classes and practices. Various naturopathic activities are there too.
The classes are well equipped and well ventilated to provide a good space and environment for learning properly. The college has a well-furnished auditorium for various events and programs.
CULTURAL AND EXTRACURRICULAR
The college organizes various events, seminars, conferences for the better learning and performance of the students. It helps in boosting the enthusiasm of the students and learn in n environment filled with the rich culture of its country.
The college, not only focuses on the career but also on the physical growth of students by arranging time to time tournament matches and games for the student. There is a well-constructed sports complex that facilitates both indoor and outdoor games for the students.
BANK & ATM
There is a 24 hour ATM facility of Vijaya Bank available at the campus for you. It provides you with the best services by easy and safe transactions.
The college has its own Naturopathy Hospital with approx 500 beds which is well equipped making it comfortable for the patients and provides the students with all its amenities.
For admission to the Sri Dharamasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences make sure you read the below-mentioned details correctly and carefully.
Always keep these few points in mind at the time of applying for admission:
- The candidate must register for counseling conducted by KEA or Karnataka Examination Authority.
- Attend all the counseling procedures.
- If you are not able to secure a seat even after the MOP-UP round in the counseling, then you can opt for management seats directly.
You can directly contact us for admission too. We’ll guide you through the process and help you with admission throughout. We will make sure to keep you updated about all the listings and upcoming processes.
DOCUMENTS & PROCESS
The Application form for admission in the college will be available online on the college website itself and you can download it from there.
I will guide you through the whole process step by step:
- Visit the website of the college
- Now click on the link directing towards the application form.
- You can now register yourself entering your email id and phone number.
- Now all the details related to your application process and admission will be sent to your email id which you have registered.
- After this fill in all the details carefully.
- Cross-check all the required fields.
- Cross-check all the spelling errors if any and correct it.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Upload them.
- Then you will be redirected to the payment gateway.
- Complete the payment process.
- Submit your form.
- You will receive the confirmation mail on your email id.
For the rest of the pending procedure, the college will contact you and let you know.
In case of any queries regarding the application form fill up you can contact us for the detailed process.
Documents play a very important role in all the official proceedings. Keep your documents verified attested and ready before going to college for admission. They play a very major role in your identification and always have to be kept updated.
NOTE: Always keep 4-5 photocopies of your documents attested and ready in hand for a hassle-free process.
I have below listed the documents that are necessary:
- 10th scorecard.
- 12th scorecard.
- 10th passing certificate.
- 12th passing certificate.
- Date of Birth certificate.
- 10 Latest passport-size photographs.
- 10 stamp size photographs.
- A Conduct Certificate from the Head of Institution last attended.
- Transfer Certificate (TC).
- Migration Certificate for the students of another state.
- Aadhar card.
- SC/ST certificate if applicable.
- Physical fitness medical certificate.
- Undergraduate Certificate for those applying for the postgraduate course.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Marks card of all the 4 years of the undergraduate course.
- Registration Certificate if applying for the postgraduate course.
SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences CONTACT DETAILS
- Address: Ujire, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka-574240.
- College Website: https://sdmbnys.in.
- Contact: +91 8256 236188.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that you would have gone through all the sections of SDM College of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences by now and read all the details carefully. Details play a very important role in helping you get to know about the college thoroughly and efficiently.
Here in this post, I have tried my best to provide you with all the details of the college with all the facilities and curriculum details. It is one of the most known colleges of Naturopathy in Karnataka located in the Ujire district.
Please go through the post and analyze the colleges accordingly and choose the college according to your choice and requirement.
I have gathered all this information through an extensive online and offline research. Adding to it, I have also visited the college personally in order to communicate with the students and learn about their experiences.
For any further query, you can directly contact us on the contact number or post your query in the thread attached below. I’ll try to get back to your query as soon as possible.