Engineering is the designing, testing and building the machines, structures and processes using mathematics and science. While researchers think about doing research, engineers find solutions to real-life problems. Studying engineering can make a rewarding career. Karnataka is the educational hub of the best engineering colleges in the country. In my article, I will share information about APS College of Engineering Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- APS College of Engineering Bangalore Overview
- APS College of Engineering Bangalore Admission
- APS College of Engineering Courses Offered
- APS College of Engineering Bangalore Fee Structure
- APS College of Engineering Placements
- Ranking and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
APS College of Engineering Bangalore Overview
Acharya Pathasala Education Trust runs the APS College of Engineering Bangalore. It is a self-financing private institution established in the year 1997. The philanthropist behind the institution is Prof. Ananthachar, who registered APSET in 1935.
APSET runs 11 educational institutions starting from preschool to doctoral degrees in the fields of Arts, Science, and Commerce. The Institution comes under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi, and is also approved by AICTE, New Delhi. APSET is a NAAC Accredited, and NBA Ranked College.
|APS College of Engineering
|Somanahalli, Kanakapura Road NH 209, Bangalore 560116 Karnataka.
|Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
|AICTE, New Delhi
- To train, develop as well as inspire aspiring technocrats, in order to help them become leaders in the field of engineering.
- To impart the values of excellence in all the upcoming pursuits in the future.
- To provide excellent infrastructure and ambience in the institution.
- To impart quality education with ethical values.
- To develop world class professionals to take up the challenges of advances in technology.
- Develop the attitude for research and development activities.
- Nurture the development of future engineers and technologists.
Why Study at APS College of Engineering Bangalore?
APS College of Engineering Bangalore is a well-known technical institution in the engineering field. It is located in the IT and Technology Hub of the country. Some of the reasons to pursue a course in the college are:
- Green landscaped campus with best infrastructure facilities.
- Well-defined teaching-learning process for holistic development of the students.
- Pupil-centered mentoring and learning.
- Well-qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculty members.
- The college organizes various activities such as seminars, conferences, and industrial facilities.
- Excellent Placement Packages are offered to engineering graduates during the on-campus recruitment drive.
APS College of Engineering Bangalore Admission
The admission Process for the course offerings in APSCE is mentioned below:
- Step 1: You must go to the Admissions Section of the college.
- Step 2: An application form will appear. You are required to fill up with your personal details.
- Step 3: Once you have completed the form, you must pay the application fees with the online payment link.
- Step 4: Admissions to the courses take place on merit and on the basis of KCET, COMEDK, and Management Quota. Lateral Entry of Diploma Students takes place through Diploma CET.
- Step 5: Keep a printout of the completed application form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for B.E.
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or 12th Class from a recognized board.
- He/She should have studied Physics, Maths, and Chemistry as the major subjects in the 12th Class.
- Must have secured 50% aggregate marks in the board examination.
Documents Required for B.E.
The documents required during the time of admission to the B.E. course are:
|Number of copies
|Original Marksheets of 10th and 12th
|Migration Certificate (For Non Karnataka Students)
|Passport Size Photos
|CET or COMEDK Allotment Letter
|Income and Caste Certificate (For CET students)
|Undertaking form in Rs 100 bond paper by both student and parent or guardian signed by the notary
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
The eligibility Criteria for getting admission to the Master of Technology (M.Tech) course are:
- He/She must have passed B.E or B. Tech Degree or any equivalent examination from a UGC or AICTE-approved institution.
- Aspirants must possess a valid GATE score.
- He/ She should have scored 50% for General and 45% for SC/ST Students.
Documents Required for M.Tech
You need to bring the following documents for M. Tech admissions:
- B.E/B.Tech Degree Passing Certificate.
- Year Wise Mark Sheet of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Identification Proof.
- Category Certificate.
- Recent photos.
APS College of Engineering Courses Offered
APS College of Engineering Bangalore offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and postgraduate-level Master of Technology(M. Tech) courses in various specializations.
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
|Master of Technology (M. Tech)
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
B.E is a course for a duration of 4 years. The program covers both theoretical as well as practical aspects of the engineering stream. Various specializations offered by the college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
B.E (Computer Science and Engineering) is a UG Program in the engineering stream. It takes 4 years to complete the course. The Department was started in 1997. It offers graduate and postgraduate degrees in the field. The annual intake for B.E. is 60 students per year. The main objective of the program is to impart quality education in the IT sector.
- CSE in AI & ML
B.E (CSE in AI & ML) is a UG Program for a duration of 4 years. The program covers 8 semesters. AI and ML are the most advanced technologies available to mankind. It is designed to make the students technically sound in advanced learning systems, which are based on machine learning.
- CSE in Cyber Security
B.E (CSE in Cyber Security) is an undergraduate course in the engineering domain for a period of 4 years. The course covers 8 semesters. It is designed to address the increasing need for security professionals in both the public and private sectors. An industry-integrated course formulated to bridge the gap between the industry and academia in order to create an employable workforce that is ready to face challenges in the cyber security domain.
- Information Science and Engineering
B.E (Information Science and Engineering) is a bachelor’s degree in engineering for a time period of 4 years. The Department was established in 2000, and 60 students are taken annually. The program aims to impart a practical approach to learning and a blend of managerial skills to the students.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department began in 1997. It is currently running the UG Program with an annual intake of 60 students. The Course comes under VTU, Belagavi, and AICTE, New Delhi. Students are given exposure to academics, prescribed curriculum as well as well-equipped laboratories.
- Civil Engineering
B.E (Civil Engineering) is an undergraduate course in the engineering field for a duration of 4 years. The complete course is spread over 8 semesters. Number of students taken for the course is 60. The Department aims to develop knowledge and analyze various civil engineering structures, manage large infrastructure projects and also use their technical skills to solve complex problems.
- Mechanical Engineering
This Department was established in 2010. B.E(Mechanical Engineering) is a UG program that takes 4 years to complete. It spreads over 8 semesters. Number of students taken per year is 60. The program aims to build knowledge in basic engineering, with special emphasis on mechanical engineering.
Master of Technology (M. Tech)
- Computer Science and Engineering (M.Tech in CSE)
M. Tech in CSE is a PG-level course for a time period of 2 years. The program covers 4 semesters. The annual intake per year is 20 students. The course aims to impart technical education in the field of computer science and engineering.
APS College of Engineering Bangalore Fee Structure
The fees structure for the B.E Programs under the management quota offered at APS College of Engineering Bangalore is mentioned below:
|Computer Science and Engineering(CSE)
|INR 1.50 LPA
|CSE in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
|INR 1.50 LPA
|CSE in Cyber Security
|INR 1.50 LPA
|Information Science and Engineering
|INR 1.20 LPA
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
Hostel Fees are charged separately for both boys and girls. The annual hostel fee for the year is INR 72,000. It includes the food charges. APSCE ensures that the students are made to have a homely environment while staying away from their homes. Health and well-being is the most important priority for the college.
APS College of Engineering Placements
Training and Placement Cell
Training and Placement Cell at APSCE is in constant touch with the industries and provides job opportunities. The Placement team nurtures and develops industry relationships and welcomes new companies for recruitment.
Apart from campus recruitment, the placement cell provides opportunities to students for:
- Summer Internship.
- Industrial Training Programs and apprenticeship.
- Campus Recruitment Training.
- Aptitude Training and Assessment Test.
- Interview Preparation.
- Inviting companies for campus placements.
- Mock GD/PI Sessions.
- Higher Studies Guidance.
- Foreign Language Training.
Every year APS College of Engineering Bangalore organizes campus recruitment drives. Companies visit the college and conduct aptitude tests, group discussions, and personal interview to shortlist the best candidates.
Students get lucrative job offers across various industries. Some of the top recruiters coming to campus are:
|6 d Technologies
Ranking and Affiliations
APS College of Engineering Bangalore Ranking is among the top engineering colleges in Karnataka. The College comes under VTU, Belagavi. AICTE, New Delhi, recognizes courses. The College is NAAC “B” and NBA Accredited.
It has a good ranking because of its updated course structure, state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, experienced and qualified faculty members, and placements. During the time of placement, students get handsome salary packages.
On Campus Facilities Offered
APS College of Engineering Bangalore Campus is located on the Kanakapura Main Road in Somanahalli. The Institution is ideally placed in the city of Bangalore.
The City is known for its diverse culture, young crowd, and industries. An ideal place with an immense number of job opportunities for engineering graduates.
The College is a safe place for both girls and boys. Students are made to feel a homely atmosphere in spite of being away from home. Facilities Offered by the College are:
APSCE gives a lot of importance to the personality development of engineering aspirants. Rotaract Club extends its selfless service to the community. Rotaractors, volunteers, and partners help to strengthen society and the community.
Leo Club members are devoted members who realize the best qualities in the organization. It aims to build leadership qualities in the youth.
Cultural Activities are an integral part of college life at APS College of Engineering Bangalore. Students are given opportunities to take part in the cultural festivals organized by the college.
This activity helps the engineers to explore new activities, which helps to boost self-confidence. They are encouraged to take part in inter-collegiate events.
Apart from the facilities mentioned above, the other facilities provided to students are:
- Hostel Accommodation.
- Medical Facility and Counselling.
Liking my work on this article? Why don’t you look at my article on Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore?
College Contact Details
- Address: Kanakapura Main Road, Somanahalli, Bangalore 560082 Karnataka.
- Distance from Kempegowda International Airport: 66.8 km.
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 31.6 km.
- Distance from the nearest metro station: Vajarahalli Metro Station 13.4 km.
Want to know more? You can drop a message or call us. I assure you I will get back soon. Our experienced counseling will help you at every step of the admission procedure. Best of Luck with a bright future!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. APS College of Engineering Bangalore comes under which University?
APS College of Engineering Bangalore comes under VTU, Belagavi.
2. What kind of recognition does APSCE acquire?
Yes, APSCE is NAAC and NBA Accredited Institution.
3. What are the courses offered by the APS College of Engineering Bangalore?
APS College of Engineering Bangalore offers undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and post graduate level Master of Technology (M.Tech).
4. How much time does it take to finish a B.E Course?
It takes 4 years to finish a B.E Course.
5. When was the APSCE College established?
APSCE college was established in 1997.
6. Which are the entrance examinations accepted by APS College of Engineering Bangalore?
The entrance examinations accepted by APS College of Engineering Bangalore are KCET, AIEEE, KMAT and PGCET.
7. What is the highest package offered by APSCE?
The highest package offered by APSCE is INR 10 LPA.
8. Who are the top recruiters coming to campus for recruitment?
Top recruiters coming to campus for recruitment are Bosch, Hitachi, Dell, TCS, Amazon and Wipro.
A Small Ask
If you find the information about the college relevant and useful, please like and share it with your friends and family. Please write a review about the college. Let us know what you like and dislike about the institution. Write your opinions in the comment box below. You can bring about a change in an engineer’s life.