The anxiety that students go through while choosing the right college for their careers is not unfounded as it holds the potential to shape their futures. So, it is instrumental to have the correct idea about everything and to research the educational institute of your choice before making any hasty judgment. But not to worry, I have made the work easier for you as today we go on into detail about one of the best dental colleges in Punjab, Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot (DI Dental College).
Table of Contents
- Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot Overview
- Admission at Dasmesh Dental College
- Courses and Departments
- Dasmesh Dental College Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Awards
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot Overview
Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot has been around since the year 1992 providing exceptional facilities for research and sciences in dental learning. Located in Talwandi Road of Faridkot, DI Dental College has managed to secure itself among the top-ranked colleges in Northern India. The college offers two programmes, namely, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Dental surgery with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment at its disposal.
|Name of the College||Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences, Faridkot|
|Address||Talwandi Road, Faridkot|
|Principal||Dr SPS Sodhi|
|Hostel facilities||Girls and Boys|
|Recognized By||Government of India, Dental Council of India|
|Affiliation||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot|
Valued for its intense visionary capabilities, this institute aims to have a world-class system with the help of excellence in academics, professional ethics, quality management, and incredible innovations. They also wish to enhance any possibilities of future development.
With painless procedures and the comfort of their patients as their main motto, their mission is to provide excellent dental healthcare by their professionals so that the patients are made to acknowledge their situation and learn to take the right path for their dental healthcare. Prioritizing the patient’s dental health is of utmost importance.
Why Study at Dasmesh Dental College?
Before choosing any educational institute for your higher studies, it is of utmost importance to know what their facilities can provide for you and to elaborate on how it’s beneficial for your career. So let us look at some of the reasons why Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot might be the college you’ve been looking for.
Multidisciplinary Teaching Approach
This institute is highly favourable in terms of multidisciplinary teaching for their students so that they can mould each professional with an overarching knowledge of their practice so that they can give their patients only excellence. They keep their approach and teaching culture updated as per requirements.
Keeps Up With Latest Trends
In an attempt to make a promising future available for their students, DI College keeps up with the latest technologies available in the course of dentistry and also keeps an eye on new trends in genetic and molecular oral disease.
With multiple biometric systems and updated books on various subjects, the Dasmesh Dental College library is one of the best out there. They also provide you with e-library facilities that facilitate online learning for the students. Not only that, but they also provide library learning lessons for students on their website. They also have a staff reading section with additional racks and journal sections. Also, equipment like scanners, photocopy machines and laminators are readily available for use.
Women’s Safety Facilities
They have an active grievance cell primarily doted towards the safety of women on their campus where the committee members take great care and caution towards such matters.
Green Campus Initiative
The institution is very high on environmental friendliness as it vows a green campus. They have adopted a lot of green practices that include landscaping with trees and plants, a plastic-free campus, pedestrian-friendly roads, restricted entry of vehicles, and the least use of the paper office.
Their patient care facilities are top-notch as they organize special seminars on this aspect. They have specialized labs, a general hospital with an ICU facility, Major OT, Minor OT, laser and electrocautery, autoclaves and centralized sterilizing units, X-Rays, and human anatomy dissection hall.
They even have advanced dental equipment that includes bleaching and microabrasion equipment, injectable thermal plasticized gutta percha, and much more.
Admission at Dasmesh Dental College
After learning of the great opportunities provided by the institution, you must be tempted to learn more about the admission procedure for its various courses. So, let us delve into the admission process of Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot without further ado.
The seats for the BDS and MDS courses of this institute are filled by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot through their centralized counselling system which is used for admissions. This is based on the notification furnished by the Punjab Government which is subject to change as it is revised and updated at various times.
- For admission to the BDS program, candidates must clear their NEET entrance exams for undergraduate programs.
- For admission to the MDS program, candidates must clear their NEET entrance exams for postgraduate programs.
A step-by-step account of the NEET registration process is given below
- Fill in the required registration details on the website
- Pay the registration fee. Note that the registration fee will vary according to reservation policies.
- Download the registration slip.
- Pay the security fee for the colleges and wait for at least 2-3 business days for a payment updates.
- Fill the option for DIRDS during the choice-filling process and remember to lock your choice.
- After the declaration of results, go to the DIRDS website for further updates on the admission procedure. For more information regarding this, contact us.
You have to get yourself registered for Punjab NEET counselling through their website for the state counselling system. For that, you have to log in to the portal, make the choice and pay the required amount for Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot.
After the results are declared, a merit list will be declared by the selection committee for admissions stating the cut-off scores for various courses. Candidates have to qualify for the minimum eligibility percentile in the NEET entrance exam to further go through the selection process.
- For identification of the date of birth, you require your 10th certificate.
- Qualification mark sheet of 11th and 12th standard.
- 12th certificate for regular students by the Principal of the school.
- Migration certificate (Not required for state board students).
- Character certificate.
- Gap year affidavit (if applicable).
- Reservation category certificate.
- In the case of an NRI candidate, an eligibility certificate.
- Declaration by the students and guardians.
- Affidavit of undertaking by students and parents prescribed under DCI/MCI.
- Punjab state domicile certificate for proof of residence.
- Provisional admission slip provided by Central Admission Committee.
- Passport-size photo.
- Previous medical record(if any) or undertaking by student and parent about non-concealment.
- Undertaking by the student for not being disqualified by any Board or University.
- AIPGDEE/ PMET Admit card or result card.
Note that all the above-mentioned documents must be furnished in original along with photocopies.
Courses and Departments
|Name of Course||Number of Seats||Duration|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||100||5 years|
|Master of Dental Surgery||18||3 years|
UG & PG Courses
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery– The Bachelor’s course in Dental surgery has 100 seats available for candidates to join based on their entrance and counselling process. It is recognized by DCI and the examinations are governed by the same along with BFUHS. The program includes lectures and seminars in dental and medical subjects along with preclinical labs, hospital wards, clinics, etc. Along with this, one year of rotatory internship is mandatory.
- Master of Dental Surgery- This course has 7 departments under it listed below. The courses and examinations of this programme are guided by BFUHS and DCI. They have a total of 18 seats including all the departments that they offer to students. To get the degree, you require to go through 3 years of learning under this programme.
MDS Specialties & Intake
|Name of Departments||Seats|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||2|
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||3|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||2|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||2|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||3|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||3|
The dental courses are distributed among the twenty departments that the Dasmesh Group of Institute has. However, the departments that specifically cater to the core courses of the BDS and MDS programmes are as follows.
Departments at Dasmesh Dental College
|Paediatric Dentistry||The Department of Pediatric Dentistry mainly caters to the dental healthcare of infants to adolescents.
It includes assessment of oral healthcare, preventative dental care, restoration of teeth, root canal therapy, care for dental injuries, management of gum diseases, and many more.
|Periodontology||The department of Periodontology was a recognized course in 2011 with an impressive infrastructure, patient care, and research endeavours.
This department has both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. It is facilitated with major equipment like Diode Laser, ultrasonic lasers, dental implant surgery kit, centrifuge machine, etc.
|Orthodontics||The Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics was a recent addition in 2000 as compared to others with its master’s program starting in 2012.
This branch primarily deals with the growth and development of dentition and the related structures from birth to dental maturity. The department also handles cases of cleft lip and palate, Invisalign, myofunctional appliances, and Fixed Appliance Therapy.
|Oral medicine & Radiology||This department often deals with chronic cases which might lead to physical and psychological implications in the life of a person. The course involves patient care, research, and teaching regarding the diagnosis and management of non-surgical diseases.|
|Oral Pathology||This department deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases related to oral and maxillofacial regions. It strives to be the best in the arenas of oral pathology and microbiology.|
|Prosthodontics||If you are looking for an artificial replacement for teeth and the various designs that go into it, this is the department you are looking for. With the best clinical and lab facilities, it is one of the best departments of the institute.|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||It has a speciality in advanced surgical sciences and is one of the top picks among students. With very well-equipped operation theatres and knowledgeable faculty, this department works hard to produce competent dental professionals for the future.|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||100s of patients in the OPD for the treatment of pulp diseases, and this is the department which skillfully handles each patient with utmost care. With amazing infrastructure, great lab facilities and top-grade equipment, this institute offer the best in this department.|
|Public Health Dentistry||Prevention and control of dental diseases are done best by the public health Dentistry department. The institute offers this department as a way to give access to quality healthcare to the masses.|
Dasmesh Dental College Fees
|Name of Course||Academic Fees (in INR)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Government Quota- 1,65,000
Management Quota- 2,20,000
|Master of Dental Surgery||1,80,000|
As per the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot that the college is affiliated with, the following are the credentials that the students must be mindful of regarding Dasmesh Dental College fees.
- Apart from the tuition fee that is given above, there are extra charges to be incurred through eligibility fees, registration fees, additional expenses for administration purposes, exam fees, and so on.
- The fees are subject to change as the college continuously updates on the latest technology there is in the field of dentistry
- During internships, you only have to pay hostel fees and Rs. 50,000 in miscellaneous charges.
It is understandable that even if you are very much passionate about Dentistry, it might not be an affordable option for you since the college fee for private colleges in the country is very high and it tends to get expensive for many students. You might want to check out student loans and various scholarship schemes that help people from economically backward classes and other minorities to achieve their dreams through such measures.
Placements & Career Opportunities
Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot is one of the best dental schools in northern India with amazing facilities, phenomenal teaching staff, and many more career opportunities that help each student reach their academic potential and live it to the fullest. Given that it is a well-reputed college and is a top-ranked college in Punjab, it provides great placement opportunities for students.
After completing your bachelor’s degree, you have to go through a year of compulsory internship in a reputed hospital from anywhere in the country.
- Job Opportunities Following A BDS Degree
The average salary that is offered to the students can range anything is between Rs 30,000 to Rs 50,000. If the student has any specialization in any course, this amount goes up to 1 lakhs. The scope for a sustainable career after graduating from DI Dental College increases in foreign countries due to which many of the students think it in their best interest to move across the globe.
- Private Clinics
After securing your degree in dental surgery you can kick start your own dental clinic, establish your career as a dentist in foreign countries and even get government jobs such as a dental surgeon for the army dental corp and so on.
- Top Recruiters
Some of the top recruiters in the country for BDS include – Apollo Hospitals, Star Dental Centre, Aspen Dental Services, Pacific Dental Services, DentalClinic and many more.
If you have any further inquiries regarding the placement cell and want to connect with any alumni of this college, do not hesitate to contact me for more information collected specifically for your help.
Rankings and Awards
A ranking and award list can make or break a college and determine whether it retains a good position in terms of education. Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot is proud to announce the list of all the high-ranking faculty and students who have faired well in their departments and had been lauded with national and state-level accolades.
- The Principal of the college who is also the HOD of the department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery has won 3 state-level awards and 1 national award as the Best Dean and the most promising Dean of the year among others in 2017.
- In the same year, Dr Ramandeep Singh Punia, Associate Professor Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology won the state-level award for distinguished service award by the Rotary Club, Faridkot.
- Most recently in 2021, Dr Vaishali Gandi, Assistant Professor, Department of Anatomy, won the National Young Anatomist Award.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The infrastructure of this college is exceptional and so are the hostel facilities which can be vouched for by students. The hostel also has Wi-Fi facilities for ease of collecting information for the students. There are also regular visits from medical professionals to check up on the health of the inhabitants of the hostel.
The college has separate wings for various departments with their laboratories for study. They also have lecture halls and seminar halls separately apart from museums, central library, and central store. They also have their own Medical Hospital Building where departments of basic sciences like Microbiology, Pharmacology, Human anatomy, etc operate.
They have separate living blocks for boys and girls in their residential hostels. The hostels in themselves are very cozy and comfortable with furnished rooms. Students can share their rooms with others depending upon their choice and affordability. If you want to install ac in your room, that facility is available at extra cost.
You will have 24 hours of electricity in the hostel with power backups along with hot water in the winters that is powered by solar energy. There is a central mess system for your meal where you get served steaming hot and fresh food. Student representatives are in charge of the menu for the daily mess.
Each floor has its water cooling system and water purifier. Students can approach the warden for room service if sick. Proper dining chairs and tables are provided in the mess. The students also enjoy a special meal every once in a while during special occasions and fasting days along with examination days.
The cafeteria joint is a crowd pleaser as the students would hang out most of their time. They have really good seating facilities to handle student demands and outdoor seating is also made available on the terrace or the green lawns of the cafeteria.
Proper tools are used to maintain hygienic conduct and storage in the cafe. They also provide catering service during picnics or parties if notified. Even though food from outside is not allowed, one can fulfil their appetite from the delicious meals served in the cafeteria.
Being a student, taking care of your physical or mental health tends to fall below the list of priorities one needs to attend to. With no facilities and time available for students, they suffer a great deal while being away from home. The gymnasium that is available in the college comes to the rescue in hard times as students can take care of their health without searching further ahead right on their campus.
The unisex gym has all the facilities that are required by the students to have a healthy relationship with their bodies and minds. They have all the basic fitness tools that one might need as well as cardiovascular and weight training programs. There is also a gym instructor appointed to look after the students and assist them in their process.
- Among all the facilities provided by the college, there are still more in hand. Their auditorium – Capt (Dr) Puran Singh Auditorium is world-class state-of-the-art.
- They provided counselling services to the students to boost their confidence, guide them towards self-development and help them further through career counselling.
- They have MOUs with Universities internationally where students enjoy educational programs from overseas.
- They are supremely adequate for any kind of disaster management and are equipped with the needed requirements.
- There is also a very detailed and essential firefighting layout available to the management.
- The institute has proper facilities to evacuate everyone safely and speedily in case of any emergency.
- They also have a very good security system that is vigilant in its safety prospects.
It is like a rite of passage for students to go through a rush of emotional turmoil and academic pressure on top of the board examinations that they might have been preparing hard for. Choosing the right career path has severe implications and it is something that we all want to get right in the first go.
We understand such issues very deeply and are catered especially towards the needs of the students as we help them research for the best option available to them. Let us handle your stress and make everything a little bit easier for you. So, do reach out if you want us to be a part of your academic journey across any Top Dental Colleges in India.
College Contact Details
Address: MQJC+FC2, Talwandi Road, Faridkot, Punjab 151203.
- Phone: 01639-250257, 01639-255291.
- Email: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many seats are there for the BDS program at the Dasmesh Institute of research and Dental Sciences?
For the Bachelor of Dental Surgery program in DIRDS, the seat intake is 100 across departments including reservation seats.
2. What are the placement packages like in DIRDS?
DI Dental College offers really good placement packages that range from 30000 to 50000. It increases to up to 1 lac after specialization in any course.
3. Is there any anti-ragging policy in DIRDS?
Yes, the institution is strictly against any ragging practices and requires students and parents to sign an undertaking each year specifying the same.
4. Is DI Dental College a good option for dental college?
DI Dental College is one of the best private institutes in the country for dentistry and is a well-reputed and top college in Punjab.
5. Does DI Dental College offer internship opportunities?
No, the Dasmesh Institute of Research & Dental Sciences doesn’t provide internship opportunities in their organisation.
6. Can the programmes be availed of by distant learning students?
No, these courses are full-time courses.
7. Which institution is the college affiliated with?
The college is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
8. Does the institute has hostel accommodations?
Yes, the hostel accommodations are being provided by the college that is separate for boys and girls.
If you are looking for other dental colleges, you can through my detailed posts on:
Show Your Love & Support:
Are you an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from Dasmesh Dental College Faridkot? If yes. Then, please do share your views and experiences about education and college campus life. This can significantly help budding dentistry aspirants in their future careers and educational endeavours.