Hazaribagh Dental College managed by the Srinivas Group is one of the Top Dentistry Colleges in India. The college gives access to resources that are undoubtedly enabling the students to reach their full potential. It offers outstanding services in dental education.
Want to know more about the college? Read the whole article for admissions, courses, fees, placements, and rankings of this college!
Table of Contents
- Hazaribagh Dental College Overview
- Hazaribagh Dental College Admission
- Hazaribagh Dental College Courses
- Hazaribagh Dental College Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Hazaribagh Dental College Rankings
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Hazaribagh Dental College Overview
The beautiful setting of Hazaribagh city is home to the Hazaribagh Dental College. Vinoba Bhave University is affiliated with the college, which was founded in 2007. The Dental Council of India, New Delhi, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, have both recognized it as the top dental college in the state of Jharkhand. HCDSH is also accredited by NAAC.
|Name||Hazaribagh Dental College|
|Address||NH33, Demotand, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand-825301.|
|Affiliated to||Vinoba Bhave University|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India & Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
Situated off of NH 33, the college has great road, train, and air access to the adjacent towns of Koderma, Ranchi, Gaya, etc.
- To become a preeminent academic institution that would improve dental and oral healthcare insurance knowledge.
- Offer a learning environment where students can develop, grow, and acquire skills to deliver the finest service to society with unwavering moral principles, a social sense of morality, and integrity.
- To develop into a cutting-edge center for moral dentistry practice.
- To advance R&D, innovation, and best dental practices, as well as to engage with universities, businesses, non-profits, and hospitals on a national and worldwide level in dentistry.
- To help students grow in self-assurance, inspire talent, promote innovative and optimistic thinking, foster innovation, and improve their competency so they can better serve society.
Why choose Hazaribagh Dental College?
- Trained Faculty Base.
- Avant-Grade Classroom.
- Extensive Library.
- State-of-the-Art Diagnostics.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography.
- Vast Inflow of Patients.
- Modern Facilities.
Hazaribagh Dental College Admission
Hazaribagh Dental College offers admissions in BDS and MDS with various specializations. The admissions to this college are purely based on NEET Examinations and Counseling. Read further to learn more about the admission process and eligibility criteria for the courses offered at HCDSH College.
The intake capacity of the courses offered at Hazaribagh Dental College is as follows:
|Course Name||Intake Capacity|
|MDS (including 6 specializations)||13|
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Hazaribagh Dental College.
- Step 2: Fill out the enquiry form for your course on the college website.
- Step 3: After reviewing your enquiry form, the college will contact you via email or phone.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
- The candidates should have passed the 10+2 exam or an equivalent exam from a recognized Board, Council, or University.
- Should have passed the English test as well as received at least 50% of the possible points in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined.
- OBC candidates must obtain a minimum of 45%, while SC/ST candidates must obtain a minimum of 40%.
- At the time of admission, the applicant must be at least 17 years old.
- The candidate must pass the current year’s NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test).
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
- A candidate must be registered with the State Dental Council and hold a recognized BDS degree from an Indian institution or institute.
- The candidate should have finished the required one-year rotational internship by March 31 of the current year in a dental college that has been approved or recognized.
- The candidate must pass the current year’s NEET.
- For admissions to post-graduate programs offered during a specific academic year, candidates must achieve the NEET minimum percentiles listed below, broken down by category.
|Person with lower limb locomotor impairment.||45%|
Documents Required for Both the Courses
- 10+2 Marks Card.
- NEET Admit & Score Card.
- BDS Degree (For MDS Candidates only).
- BDS All Semester Marks Cards (For MDS Candidates only).
- BDS Registration (For MDS Candidates only).
- Birth Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate (For MDS Candidates only).
- Permanent Registration Certificate (For MDS Candidates only).
- Identity Proof.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For Out-of-State Candidates).
- Caste Certificate.
- Category Certificate.
- Recent Colour Passport.
Hazaribagh Dental College Courses
Hazaribagh Dental College works to provide students with dental education that is of the highest caliber while also assuring their overall development. They also acknowledge the need of offering a supportive and stimulating learning environment through the use of innovative learning methodologies, including the most recent breakthroughs in dentistry.
With the right acknowledgment, the college offers BDS and MDS with various specializations to its dental students. Let’s know more about these courses!
The course duration of BDS and MDS at Hazaribagh Dental College is as follows:
|MDS (including 6 specializations)||3 years|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
According to the standards established by DCI and Vinoba Bhave University, the college offers the recognized Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree. To guarantee that it continues to be consistent in accomplishing its own vision and mission, Hazaribagh Dental College regularly reviews its curriculum and innovates and improves education.
The process of learning is participatory at HCDSH, which makes it more captivating and exciting. The education that the students receive at the college exposes them to a wide range of practical experiences, which is beneficial in giving them the experience to interact with patients as well as necessary as part of the curriculum.
The following goals have been set for the BDS curriculum’s design:
- To create outstanding dental professionals in dentistry.
- To help students build their leadership skills and influence their careers.
Master of Dental Surgery
HCDSH has an affiliation with Vinoba Bhave University in Hazaribag for its M.D.S. program which has been operating for almost 24 years and is the top university in the State of Jharkhand.
The following specialties are provided with the MDS Course:
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry.
- Conservative & Endodontics.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
Prosthodontics focuses just on prosthetic rehabilitation of absent oral and craniofacial components (acquired or inherent loss) using artificial, socially, and personally acceptable biocompatible alternatives.
Modern diagnostic tools including a Cephalostat, an Orthopantomography, and photographic equipment are available in the orthodontics department. A hydrosolder, biostar, spot welders, light curing equipment, trimmers, vibrators, and other complex tools are also available.
Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
Pediatric dentistry is a branch of dentistry that concentrates on the dental health and particular requirements of young individuals, including newborns, kids, and teenagers as well as kids who require special medical attention.
Conservative & Endodontics
With the use of modern restorative materials and endodontics, this postgraduate training department focuses on the treatment of diseased teeth. Preclinical students can get a “feel” for treatment processes in the department’s fully functional pre-clinical laboratory, which is outfitted with the most recent equipment and phantom heads.
Periodontics and implantology are subspecialties of periodontology. While implantology deals with the meticulous structural replacement of teeth that have already been lost, periodontics works with the research and preservation of the periodontium.
Oral Medicine and Radiology
The specialization of oral medicine and radiology focuses on the identification and treatment of disorders of the neck and head. It is a special area of dentistry that integrates both Craniofacial Radiology and Oral Medicine.
Hazaribagh Dental College Fees
Everything is fine, but what is the fee structure? This is the constant question that we receive when will talk to someone about a college or the courses it provides. You can’t deny the fact that it is a relevant question. So, what will be Hazaribagh Dental College fee structure? Let’s find out!
The fee structure for BDS and MDS at Hazaribagh Dental College is as follows:
|Course Name||Fees Per Annum|
|MDS (including 6 specializations)||INR 9,00,000/-|
Fees must be paid by check payable to the college’s name or by online transfer. You can also choose to pay through DD/RTGS but all payments must be made in full.
Placements & Scope
Patients from all of Hazaribagh’s surrounding locations visit Hazaribagh Dental College frequently in search of the greatest treatment alternatives. The primary goal of the dental college is to offer courses with a focus on oral disease prevention that is health-oriented. This large patient population aids in the development of a clinical resource for learning and interns to use in real-world patient teaching. Let’s check out more about dental opportunities and placements!
What is a Career in Dentistry?
- The mouth is thought of as the body’s “mirror” of dental health, that is closely tied to a person’s overall health and well-being.
- The demand for qualified experts in this industry is always growing due to rising oral health awareness, an increase in the desire for cosmetic dental care, and technological advancements in the provision of dental care.
- Dentistry has been the field of choice for ambitious professionals of tomorrow since it offers a fulfilling, profitable, and job.
- In India, which has the most dental institutions in the world (290), the market for dental supplies and equipment is predicted to reach US$ 38 million yearly, a growth of 25–30%.
- The Indian healthcare sector, which comprises medical and dental devices and equipment, is now ranked in the top ten markets worldwide and is thought to be worth around US$ 1.4 billion annually.
According to NIRF Document, Hazaribagh Dental College Placement Status is as follows:
- For UG Courses
|Academic Year||Students Placed in that Year|
- For PG Courses
|Academic Year||Students placed in that Year|
- Average Salary
|Course Name||Avg Salary of Graduates|
|BDS||INR 1.6L per annum|
|MDS||INR 4L per annum|
Hazaribagh Dental College Rankings
Hazaribagh Dental College has received recognition at the national and state levels as a result of the ongoing efforts of the students and teachers to attain academic achievement. Undergraduate students took home a total of four best paper awards. Following tradition, the college’s post-graduate students have taken home a total of 8 best paper prizes and a poster award from different national conventions and conferences. Let’s know more about the achievements of the students in detail!
Awards & Achievements
- Undergraduate Students
|Student Name||Awards (Year)|
|Subhangi Kumari||Highest Score in Oral Medicine & Radiology by IAOMR (2016)|
|Vatsala Srivastava & Chiranjeevi Koirala||Awarded for Best Paper at National BDS Students Convention, Patna (2017)|
|Swati Kumari & Adish Kumar||Awarded Consolation Prize at National BDS Students Convention, Patna (2017)|
- Postgraduate Students
|Student Name||Awards (Year)|
|Dr. Navnit Kumar||First Prize in Paper Presentation at National PG Convention by IAOMR, New Delhi (2016)|
|Dr. Sughanda Verma||First Prize in Paper Presentation at IAOMR National Conference, New Delhi (2017)|
|Dr. Babita Rawat||First Prize in Paper Presentation at IAOMR National Conference, Udaipur (2018)|
|Dr. Monalisa Ghosh||First Prize in Paper Presentation at National PG Convention by IAOMR, AP (2018)|
|Dr. Priyanka Sonali||First Prize in Paper Presentation at National PG Convention by IAOMR, Bengaluru (2019)|
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The college boasts state-of-the-art audio acoustics for clear hearing down to the last benches and cutting-edge classrooms with LCD projectors. It features a sizable library with print and online materials, archives of numerous renowned national and international publications, and a dedicated study space for students.
The campus of the college is large and lushly green, with many trees and plants, as well as well-planned and exquisitely designed buildings organized into various blocks and wings. All the conveniences required for a high standard of living are available on the college campus.
Fully equipped classrooms with a slide projector and overhead projector (OHD) installed as teaching aids. Each classroom has good lighting and ventilation. Modern, air-conditioned lecture halls that can accommodate didactic teaching needs. The lecture halls have fully enclosed, well-lit, soundproof, and carpeted from floor to ceiling. The lecture hall contains a computer system, LCD projector, overhead projector (OHP), and cutting-edge acoustics.
Any institution’s heart is its library. It has a drafters room, photocopying, bookbinding, and microfilm processing. Students have access to a library where they can read a variety of literature from many departments.
Boys and females have their own hostels. There are roughly 150 rooms in each hostel. While dormitories are set up for triple sharing, rooms are set up for twin sharing. The bathrooms and toilets are located in every room.
The college boasts a first-rate cafeteria facility that includes a modern kitchen, a welcoming catering staff, and a comfortable setting. Both the needs of the workers and the students are met by this canteen. Veg and Non-Veg meals of excellent quality and flavor are prepared and served in hygienic settings.
College Contact Details
- Address: NH33, Demotand, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand-825301.
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are aware of the anxiety parents and students experience while trying to find a good institution. We are here to ease your burden because it is by no means a simple undertaking. In order to assist you, we will keep looking at various dental institutions. In the meantime, feel free to check out our other blogs and contact us if you have any questions. All of your worries will be heard, and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the HCDSH college private or government?
HCDSH is a private college.
2. How many courses are offered at the college?
The college offers BDS and MDS courses with various specializations.
3. How to get admission to the college for BDS?
You can place an enquiry for BDS on the Hazaribagh Dental College official website and the college will revert back to you accordingly.
4. What is Hazaribagh Dental College MDS fee structure?
The college fee structure for MDS is INR 9,00,000/- for all specializations.
5. What is the average salary for BDS in this college?
According to the NIRF document, the average salary for BDS will be INR 1.6L per annum.
6. Is internship included in the BDS curriculum of the college?
Yes, a one-year internship is included in the BDS curriculum.
7. What is Hazaribagh Dental College contact number?
The college's contact number is 06546233409.
8. Are hostel facilities available in HCDSH?
Yes, hostel facilities are available for both boys and girls in HCDSH.
A Small Request
Please share your opinions and experiences if you attended Hazaribagh Dental College in the comment section below. Your suggestions will be beneficial to our aspiring dental professionals.