Hello! We sincerely welcome you to our blog. If you have just finished your studies in biosciences, you might wonder what job openings there are in the field and what degree programmes and career paths are available. If a profession in dentistry intrigues you, we have compiled the most trustworthy information on JSS Dental College and Hospital Mysore for you. Read the article carefully to learn about the many procedures you need to go through to enrol in a suitable course at the college.
Table of Contents
- JSS Dental College Mysore Overview
- Admissions at JSS Dental College
- Courses Offered & Departments
- Dental Programs Fees Structure
- Career and Placements
- Rankings and Recognitions
- JSS Dental College Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
JSS Dental College Mysore Overview
|Name||JSS Dental College and Hospital|
|Affiliated to||JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSSAHER), Mysuru|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India and the Government of India.|
|Hostel||Available for both boys and girls|
With the goal of improving the nation’s healthcare, JSS Dental College is committed to being a hub for excellence in dental education and a global leader in the field of dental sciences, including hospital practice. The Dental College was founded in 1986–1987 and currently offers BDS and MDS programmes in nine speciality areas as well as postgraduate diploma programmes in five specialities. The college has made its mark among the Top BDS Colleges in Karnataka.
- To be a leader in dental science education and training, and to foster professionals who are appreciated for their excellence and commitment to patient care.
- To provide top-notch dental education and create outstanding oral health care professionals
- To support research that has advanced understanding and innovation in dental sciences.
- To deliver all-encompassing dental healthcare that improves society’s well-being with a focus on marginalized populations.
- To encourage lifelong learning so that practitioners can stay up with the development of dental sciences.
Why Choose JSS Dental College?
Initiatives in CSR
- The treatment of low-income patients is being expanded by JSS Dental College and Hospital as part of its social effort, thanks to donations from former students and philanthropists.
- For the institution and its member colleges, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of JSS has been establishing quality and monitoring performance indicators.
- All seven of the NAAC’s seven criteria have undergone an intentional, consistent, and dramatic shift, thanks to the IQAC.
- Through its regular meetings, the IQAC keeps track of, evaluates, and makes recommendations to the University on the advancement of its constituent departments’ established action plans.
Ragging Prevention Cell
- In compliance with the 2009 UGC Regulations aimed at reducing the scourge of ragging in higher education institutions, the Anti-Ragging Committee at JSS AHER, Mysore, was hereby formed.
- If any student is found guilty, the anti-ragging committee is quite harsh and would punish them severely.
- The training and placement unit at JSS Dental College has made it easier to find new and promising people resources for the BioSciences sector.
- About 75% of the students choose to join the training and placement programme, and they are appropriately employed in prestigious pharmaceutical, Ayurvedic, biotech, and hospitals all throughout the nation.
Admissions at JSS Dental College
- The official website of the university to which the college is connected will provide the admission form for the course. (This is for both All Indian Management students and NRI Students)
- Students must submit an online application for admission along with any supporting documentation that is uploaded as a PDF file.
- The college’s official website will host the merit list.
- The chosen pupils will get calls for counselling and documentation verification.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Master of Dental Surgery|
Documents Required For BDS Course
|All India Management Students||NRI Students|
Documents Required For MDS Course
|All India Management Students||NRI Students|
- Students are required to submit all the documents during the admission process in the scanned PDF File format. Also, the need to bring 3 photocopy sets of each document during the document verification at the college.
- The Bond is available online on the official website and the fee is Rs. 200/-
JSS Dental College Cut-off
- The cut-off of the college solely depends upon the merit list of the particular year.
- Qualification and Scores of NEET UG/PG are also mandatory for Admissions.
- Special provisions for Reserved Category are provided in relation to the merit list.
Courses Offered & Departments
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery equips a medical aspirant to be able to detect, diagnose, and curate treatment plans for patients. The course plan requires an academic commitment of five years. The first four years are dedicated to classroom learning covering theoretical and practical knowledge of the discipline. Post this, another academic year is solely dedicated to the mandatory internship programme that lasts around the year.
Master of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery is a three-year course that requires the BDS graduate to choose a preferred line of speciality. This accounts for a detailed and concerted effort in understanding the depths of every treatment plan specific to the chosen speciality and a further nuanced understanding of theory. The course also enables a student of dental sciences to develop critical thinking skills to avail of further research opportunities.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
Dental Courses Intake
|Course||DCI Approved Intake||Seat for All India General Merit|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||100||85|
|Master of Dental Surgery||34||–|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||15|
|Master of Dental Surgery||–|
About the Departments
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||The area of dentistry known as oral medicine is focused on providing medically complicated patients with oral health care, including the diagnosis and treatment of medical problems that impact the oral and maxillofacial region.|
|Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||The department aims to teach undergraduates about the pathophysiology of illness processes and how they affect a child’s physical and psychological growth and development. It enables undergraduates to identify, treat, and prevent pediatric dental disorders in an effective and efficient manner.|
|Oral and Maxillo-Facial Surgery||The department is home to 11 renowned surgeons and an anaesthetist who have, on average, worked there for more than 12 years. There is a very active post-graduate teaching programme that offers practical instruction and hands-on experience.|
|Conservative Dentistry||The Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics was established in 1985 at the JSS Dental College campus. Under Mysore University, undergraduate programmes began in 1985. Now, the courses are available through JSS Deemed University.|
|Public Health Dentistry||The goal of the Department of Public Health Dentistry at JSS Dental College and Hospital is to provide Mysore residents and residents of nearby regions with access to basic dental care services.|
|Periodontology||The field of dentistry known as periodontology focuses on the preservation of the health, function, and aesthetics of the tissues and structures that support and surround teeth and their replacements as well as the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses that affect these tissues.|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||For patients with clinical conditions linked to missing or underdeveloped teeth, the department of prosthodontics and crown and bridge offers diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and maintenance of oral function. It focuses on reconstructive, cosmetic, and implant dentistry.|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||Orthodontics is the area of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, prevention, detection, and treatment of occlusal anomalies and other abnormalities of the dentofacial region.|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||Dentistry’s speciality in oral pathology and microbiology focuses on the normal histology and architecture of oral and para-oral tissues.|
Dental Programs Fees Structure
BDS Course Fee Structure
|Quota||Tuition Fee Per Year||1st Year Fee|
|All India Management||Rs. 4,50,000||Rs. 68,000|
( Rs. 9,00,000)
MDS Course Fee Structure
|Course||All India Management Tuition Fee + Other Fee Per Year||NRI Candidates Tuition Fee + Other Fee Per Year|
|Oral and Maxillofacial surgery||Rs. 9,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||Rs. 12,00,000 + Rs. 55,000|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||Rs. 4,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
|Periodontology||Rs. 6,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
| Orthodontics and Dentofacial
|Rs. 9,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||Rs. 14,00,000 + Rs. 55,000|
|Paediatric and Preventive
|Rs. 8,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
|Conservative and Endodontics||Rs. 9,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||Rs. 14,00,000 + Rs. 55,000|
| Prosthodontics and Crown &
|Rs. 6,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
|Public Health Dentistry||Rs. 4,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
|Oral Pathology and Microbiology||Rs. 4,00,000 + Rs. 55,000||–|
Hostel Fee Structure
|For MDS Students||For BDS Students|
|Girls||Rs. 1,48,875/-||Rs. 1,47,000/|
|Boys||Rs. 1,74,530/-||Rs. 1,71,600/-|
Loans and scholarships
We understand that a technical degree such as BDS and MDS programme degrees can be a little on the dear side of things. However, this should not discourage you from pursuing your dream education. All you need is an excellent loan plan that requires you to pay a nominal interest rate. Furthermore, you can always consult the college administration and ensure if they provide any scholarships for minority students or students coming from financially backward classes.
Career and Placements
The Placement and Training Team at JSS Dental College and Hospital is independent. To provide students with the best training possible, the college frequently invites numerous dental science experts.
The college placement cell’s major goal is to shape students’ minds to become standout applicants and to provide them with substantial and conceptualized professional abilities to help them realize their ideal career path.
Campus Placement Procedure
Step 1: Enrollment of students which includes registration and orientation for students.
Step 2: 30 hours of soft skill training are available to registered students.
Step 3: The college drive which means the beginning of campus placement.
Campus Placement Policy
- Students will be urged to take aptitude tests or advised to make a plan for their future, including whether they want to pursue further study or find employment, before the start of the academic year.
- The Training and Placement Office must receive the T&PC registration form willingness from the student before they may make an application to a specific business or organisation. The registration form submission deadline must be strictly observed. These pupils are required to show up for the interviews.
- One student, one job policy is decided to follow until a minimum of 70/80% (depending on the discipline) of the students in a given branch/discipline find employment. The desk of the Placement and Training Cell will inform the enrolled students of the possibilities to guarantee one employment at the first instance.
- If a student accepts a job offer and later changes their mind, they must notify the employer in question through the Training and Placement Office right away and provide a letter of justification within 24 hours of the outcome.
- Once a student is chosen for an on-campus interview, he also goes to any off-campus interviews; but, if he is chosen for both, he is obligated to accept an on-campus offer only.
- Students chosen through campus interviews will join the organisation within the allotted time frame after completing all formalities (such as a medical exam) requested by the employer.
On the campus of JSS Dental College, more than 170 reputable recruiters are ready to assist with the hiring process. Here are some of the best recruiters:
- Fortis Hospital.
Rankings and Recognitions
- According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2021 (NIRF), published by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, JSS Dental College, and Hospital Mysore is rated 12th among dental colleges in India.
- JSS Dental College and Hospital is ranked fourth among private dental colleges in the nation according to the Outlook ICare Ranking.
- JSS Dental College and Hospital is ranked eighth among private dental colleges in the nation according to the Week Magazine Ranking.
- ISO Certification Institutions with ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
JSS Dental College Facilities
- The luxury college dorms for boys and girls provide large, comfortable rooms with all the latest facilities, clean kitchens with wholesome cuisine, and portable RO water sources for drinking.
- There is a separate pantry and laundry room. It is recommended that students who want to remain in these hostels submit their applications using the official forms.
- The boarding house has a lot of reading rooms and indoor and outdoor recreational facilities. Students’ safety is continuously monitored and vigilance is maintained by CCTV cameras as well as 24-hour security guards (Male & Female for different dormitories).
- For graduate students and people who live off campus, the college has different housing options with excellent lodging and dining options.
- The seven libraries at JSS Dental College, which are dedicated to learning and provide a top-notch academic environment, are learning centres with a focus on excellence in service, and they encourage students to engage in inquiry outside of the classroom.
- Additionally offered is the capability of a digital library.
- Free Internet access is also available for students.
Sports Ground and Gym
- The college offers a variety of amenities, including ample room for practising sports like volleyball, basketball, throwball, tennikoit, ball badminton, cricket, football, and kabaddi outdoors, as well as table tennis, chess, carrom, shuttle badminton indoors, and a multi-station gym hall.
- On campus, there is a permanent multipurpose sports field that meets national standards.
- Restaurants and canteens are strategically placed to benefit both students and their parents.
- Most JSS Dental College reviews mention the fact that the food is brilliantly cooked in RO water for the better health of students.
- To assist with necessary financial activities, the campus offers a bank branch and an ATM.
- Each department of Dental Science has a separate laboratory.
- All laboratories are outfitted with both the necessary major and little dental equipment.
Regardless of how rigorously you research universities or think through your degree options, it never feels like enough, and the added stress of your hectic schedule only makes it seem worse. It is recommended to turn to experts for behavioural therapy in such a circumstance. They’ll act on your behalf. This is the kind of service we provide here, coupled with extensive information about dental schools. As a result, read our blog for additional information and consider including us in your vacation by contacting us immediately for more information. Furthermore, you can get in direct contact with the college management by calling.
College Contact Details
Address: JSS Dental College & Hospital, Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka.
- Contact Number: 08212 548349, 2548350.
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses are offered at the JSS Dental College and Hospital in Mysore?
The courses offered by the college are BDS, MDS, and Diploma in Dental Science.
2. Does JSS Dental College offer accommodations for students staying in hostels?
Yes, the college provides hostel facilities for boys and girls.
3. How is the JSS Dental College, Mysore, campus doing?
The campus of the college is well-maintained and secured. All the facilities like banks, mess, and hostels are available within the campus area only.
4. What is the hostel fee structure at JSS Dental College?
The hostel fee structure for girls is between Rs. 1,40,000/- to Rs. 1,50,000/- and for boys, the fee structure is between Rs. 1,70,000/- to 1,80,000/-
5. Do students receive scholarships from JSS Dental College in Mysore?
Students can apply for scholarships under numerous categories through a specific student scholarship portal on the college's official website.
6. Do JSS Dental College provides job opportunities to its students?
7. What is the fee structure of the BDS Course in JSS Dental College, Mysore?
The fee structure for BDS Course is Rs. 5,18,000/- for All India Management Students and Rs. 9,68,000/- for NRI Students per year.
8. How many BDS Seats are available in JSS Dental College, Mysore?
As approved by the Dental Council of India the college has 100 seats for BDS Students.
If you wish to check out another dental college, you can click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Sincere Request to Our Readers:
We assume that every one of you must have come across information about institutions that was incongruous when you were submitting an application for a prestigious dentistry college degree. You must admit how challenging and unpleasant it is. Therefore, we cordially welcome you to visit our comments section and offer a truthful assessment of JSS Dental College Mysore. We’re certain that all of the passionate kids will like it!