|Apply for Admission 2023-24|
KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Science is commonly known as KLE Dental College Bangalore (KLEDC). The college was started in the year 1992 – 1993. It is one of the private dental institutions in Bangalore. Their main motto is to provide good dental health and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
This college is a reputed private institute. The College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore, and approved by the Dental Council of India.
The courses offered by the college are BDS and MDS. Hostel facilities are available. The category of college comes under Dental Colleges in Bangalore.
This article gives you a brief idea about KLE Society’s Dental College, admission procedure, eligibility criteria, facility, fee structure, etc.
This college has an excellent reputation and infrastructure.
The distance from Bangalore International Airport to KLE Society’s dental college is around 32.6km (46 min).
The distance from Bangalore Kempegowda Bus Stand to KLE Society’s Dental College is around 32.6km (44min).
Table of Contents
- MDS Available in KLE Dental College Bangalore
- Faculty and Staff
- KLE Dental College Admission procedure for NEET
- Eligibility criteria for NEET.
- What are the documents required
- Something More about KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences Bangalore
- Departments in KLE Dental College Bangalore
- Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Department of Periodontics
- Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in KLE Dental College Bangalore
- Department of Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge
- Wrapping Up
|Affiliation||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Aided by||Private institution|
The college provides both BDS and MDS courses. The Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) is a five-year course including a one-year rotary internship. Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) is a three-year course.
MDS Available in KLE Dental College Bangalore
|COURSE OFFERED BY THE COLLEGE||DEPARTMENTS||NO. OF SEATS|
|MDS||ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY||2|
|MDS||ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY||3|
|MDS||CONSERVATIVE DENTISTRY AND ENDODONTICS||2|
|MDS||PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY||3|
Faculty and Staff
KLE Society’s dental college has good faculty and all modern equipment.
KLE Dental College Admission procedure for NEET
- To get admission to the KLE Society, a Dental College candidate must pass or qualify for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).
- NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- NEET is National level undergraduate exam.
- The mode of the exam is offline examinations. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. There will be around 200 multiple-choice questions.
- NEET entrance exam is conducted mainly in MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BNYS, BSMS, Nursing, and other paramedical courses.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education conducts the NEET exam.
- The application form will be available online, and the exam will be conducted offline.
- The syllabus for the NEET exam includes physics, chemistry, biology, and maths.
- The candidate must have a minimum qualifying percentage for the NEET exam to qualify for further admission procedures.
- Candidates who belong to OBS/SC/ST must obtain marks equivalent to at least the 40th percentile to qualify for the All India Quota.
- The candidate who belongs to the unreserved category must score marks at least 50th.
Eligibility criteria for NEET.
- The eligibility criteria for NEET is that candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or must have completed that age on or before the 31st of December of the year.
For students from other states, COMEDK is the entrance test. For students, domicile in Karnataka state KCET.
- For international students/ NRI/international students, you can go through the college website.
This helps students from all over to seek admission to KLE Society’s Dental College.
What are the documents required
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents at the time of counseling.
- BDS ( approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore Approved by Government of Karnataka, Government of India)
- Admit card.
- Class 10th certificate.
- Class 12th certificate.
- Rank card or score card.
- 10 passport-size photos.
- ID proof (passport/ driving license/ PAN card/ Adhar card).
- Provisional allotment letter.
- Cast certificate.
- PwD certificate.
The following documents are required for MDS counseling.
- MDS ( approved by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Bangalore, Approved by Government of Karnataka Government of India)
- NEET admit card.
- NEET scorecard.
- Permanent or provisional certificate (qualifying exam certificate) BDS degree certificate approved by the Dental Council of India.
- Marks sheet of 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd
- 10th standard certificate.
- Internship completion certificate.
- SC/ST/OBC certificate.
- Physically handicapped medical certificate if any.
Something More about KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences Bangalore
- Its main motto is to promote high-standard dental education.
- To implement a high-standard dental curriculum for BDS and MDS.
- To create a good learning environment.
- Training of undergraduates with good clinical and theoretical knowledge for molding them to be good dentists.
- To promote the overall development of the students.
- Also, to create awareness about oral health, oral hygiene, and sustainable program.
Departments in KLE Dental College Bangalore
A brief description of each department is given below.
There are a total of 14 departments in the college
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology
Oral medicine and radiology is a branch of dentistry that deals with diagnosing and treating patients with diseases in the paraoral and oral structures. The departments are equipped with the latest technical equipment and thus giving it the status of one of the Top-ranked BDS Colleges in Bangalore.
They have a qualified faculty or specialist who can treat patients with medical conditions that will affect the dental treatment, such as carcinoma, certain infectious diseases, diabetic Mellitus, cardiovascular issues, etc.
They have a well-equipped Oral Radiology department to examine the jaw, teeth, oral structures, para-oral structures, head, and neck regions. The images are taken to interpret and diagnose the diseases which affect all the structures mentioned above, such as the jaw, teeth, etc.
The central vision and objective of the department are to diagnose clinically and radiographically, to do treatment planning, and radiographical manage the diseases.
The department is mainly exposed to cases such as odontogenic diseases, nonodontogenic diseases, temporomandibular disorders, cysts and tumors, salivary gland disorders, conditions, and fractures of orofacial pain.
The Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology in KLE Society’s Dental College is on the front line to diagnose precancerous and cancer conditions.
The department has started a Ph.D. program in Oral Medicine and Radiology.
There are many research programs conducted by the college, such as evaluating the external structure or the morphology of the soft palate.
- Patterns of the infraorbital canals.
- Study of remineralization of the enamel through CPP ACP.
- Association of the oral mucosal lesion with Hb1A1c level in a patient with Diabetic Mellitus.
- TNM staging of Oral Cancer
- Detection of HPV in oral leukoplakia
- Detection of incidences and patterns of calcification of the styloid process
- Radiation safety measures.
The ongoing research projects include:
- Salivary Biomarkers in Tobacco Induced mucosal lesions.
- Effects of tube current on CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography)
- Observation of oral premalignant and malignant lesions
- ONCOGRID it’s a mobile health approach for the prevention and diagnosis of oral cancer in rural areas.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery mainly deals with treating diseases, injuries, deformities, and management involving the mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw.
KLE Society’s Dental College also has a post-graduation course in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. It’s a three-year course.
They have tie-up with various National Organizations and highly qualified staff in India.
Its main Vision and Motto is to provide excellent teaching facilities for undergraduate and postgraduate students. To provide high-quality care for the patient with output.
To facilitate researches
Also, training the undergraduate in the field and surgery and the postgraduate students provide additional knowledge and ability to pursue oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The oral and maxillofacial surgery department provides different treatments such as minor surgeries, impaction, pathology, trauma, temporomandibular disorders, cleft lip and palate, dental implant, and facial aesthetic surgeries.
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics mainly deals with the prevention of caries, and restoration of the diseased tooth; this can be done either by restoration, root canal treatment, aesthetic dentistry, etc.
They also have microsurgery, RVG, bleaching unit, dental laboratory, well-equipped dental chair, and surgical operating microscope.
Sterilization and cross-contamination are essential in the field of dentistry; they follow proper protocol. The postgraduate degree provides advanced education such as clinical and research components. Their main vision is to provide dental health care services to the people and provide the best dental skills and knowledge to the students.
The various treatment done by the Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics include
Root canal treatment, endodontic treatment, aesthetic treatment, retreatments such as Root canal treatment, regenerative Endodontics, and endodontic microsurgery. Aesthetic and traumatic dental injuries.
Postgraduate students learned to do many special cases such as microscopic Endodontics, vital tooth bleaching, ceramic veneer, internal resorption management, and revascularization.
There are around 23 national and 13 international publications done by the college.
The research done is in Microscopic Dentistry, Nanotechnology, Advanced Endodontics, Dental caries, Regenerative Dentistry, Adhesive dentistry, etc.
Department of Periodontics
The Department of Periodontics mainly deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of the diseases surrounding and supporting the teeth and the structures.
There is a wide range of treatments done in different cases. The latest technology used in periodontal regenerative technology to maintain the health, and the aesthetic of the periodontal structure.
Their main motto is to provide the latest advances in dentistry. Provide strong education to the students in Periodontology.
They also conduct various programs such as oral health, screening, and oral hygiene day program; some treatments are done free on behalf of this program, such as scaling.
They also conduct CDE programs, workshops, certified training courses, conferences, etc.
What is the treatment provided by the college?
The treatment provided by the college include scaling and root planing, management of mobile teeth, management of sensitive teeth, dental implant treatment, electrosurgery, treatment of gums, local drug delivery, management of pigmented gums, laser therapy, regenerative periodontal therapy, grafting therapy for esthetic, etc.
The department’s various special cases include root coverage procedures, smile make-over procedures, laser gingival depigmentation, laser treatment for excision of mucocele, ridge augmentation and placement of an implant, and management of end period lesions.
Researchers are mainly done in the field of dental implants, photodynamic therapy, HMT ( host modulation therapy), laser-assisted periodontal flap surgery, and platelet concentration in periodontal regeneration treatment.
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry mainly deals with the dental health of children. It primarily deals with the dentition of children—the dental health and treatment of children, infants, and adolescents.
The department posting starts from the third year for undergraduates. Post-graduation in Pedodontics is also present.
Interns are also posted in the department and work with the supervision of staff and undertake the work.
Most of the time dental health of the children is neglected. So KLE Society’s Dental college used to conduct many dental health checkup camps free of cost to make them aware of dental health, and also certain simple restorations are done from the camp itself. Those cases that need root canal treatments are referred to the college.
Department also does much research such as the Oral Health Coalition, and Prenatal Network of Maternal and Oral Health Professionals. The prevalence of Early Childhood Caries in Preschool Children. The effect of the various appliance on swallowing pattern, Prenatal, and Post Natal oral Health Literacy status.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in KLE Dental College Bangalore
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics is a branch of dentistry that deals with the correction of the disproportion of the jaw and teeth in children and adults to improve their smile, aesthetics, and function.
The department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in KLE Society’s Dental college is headed by Dr. Sumithra, a Diploma of Indian Board Orthodontics.
The undergraduates are posted from the third year in the department, and the postgraduate seats are also there. They have separate undergraduate and postgraduate seminar halls and labs.
Talking about the research program. The department has around completed 40 research programs and 10 ongoing research programs. The research program mainly deals with minis crews, implants, bonding material, model analysis, etc.
The students at the conference also do many paper presentations.
At the national and international levels, there are around 80 publications.
Department of Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge
Department of Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge is a branch of dentistry that deals with replacing missing teeth and surrounding structures with artificial dentures.
Apart from this, there are removable partial dentures, complete dentures, Implant placement, and preparation of Crown and Bridge.
They also conduct many denture-free camps. In such camps, dentures are made and delivered in a short period of time.
Apart from this, other departments include the Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Department of Public Health Dentistry, department of Maxillofacial Pathology, Department of Pharmacology, Department of Physiology, Department of Anatomy, and Department of Health Dental Implantology.
I hope by reading this article, all your doubts will be cleared. I have done my best to collect all the information about KLE Society’s Dental College Bangalore. If you are a student searching for dental colleges in Bangalore, you can go to this college.
These are the information that I collected through my extensive research online and offline. As our office is located in Bangalore, we used to see the college every now and then and also know students who have passed out from KLE Dental College.
All the admissions to KLE Dental College, Bangalore will be done through counseling conducted by KEA or Karnataka Examination Authority.
If you need guidance for BDS admissions through NEET counseling you can contact me via call or Whatsapp.
Loved the content?
If you loved the information that we provided here, then please do share it with your friends and people in need. Also, show your support by comment your queries below as a comment and I will try my best to revert as soon as possible.
A student of KLE Dental College? ONE SMALL REQUEST
If you are a student of KLE Dental College, Bangalore then please drop down your views and reviews as comments and star ratings. This will help other students who are interested to join BDS or MDS in making their decision.
Few Recommended Colleges in Bangalore:
2 thoughts on “KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences Bangalore Admission, Fees, Reviews”
I am getting only 200 marks in neet 2021. Can I get a bds seat in self financing private college in govt quota in Tamilnadu Is it possible to get fee less than 12 lakhs
Welcome to our blog on KLE Society’s Institute of Dental Sciences Bangalore Admission, Fees , Reviews.
200 score in NEET is quite low marks to get admission in any of the govt quota seats. However , we always entertain our students to take a chance.
You can try for second option in karnataka , as the Fee structure in Pvt Dental Colleges ranges from approximately 3 lakhs per annum whuch will come in your budget.