Dental health is taking care of the teeth, mouth, and gums. A healthy mouth and smile reflect the complete health of an individual. The dentist is a healthcare professional who helps in taking care of our teeth and mouth. Would you like to become a dental surgeon? If yes, then I suggest you opt for dental sciences. The Top Dental Schools in India are located in Rajasthan. Now, let me share more information about Pacific Dental College, Rajasthan.
Table of Contents
- Pacific Dental College Rajasthan Overview
- Pacific Dental College Admission
- Pacific Dental College Courses
- Pacific Dental College Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Pacific Dental College Rajasthan Overview
The Institution was founded in the year 2000. It started from a small clinical area, office, and labs, to becoming a huge campus for education, research, and training. Dr. L K Mathur is the Dean of the College. Shri Bhola Ram Agarwal is the Chairman and Trustee of PAHER University and the Principal of the Institution is Dr. A Bhagavandas Rai.
|Name||Pacific Dental College|
|Address||Airport Road, Debari, Udaipur-313024 Rajasthan.|
|Affiliated to||PAHER University, Udaipur.|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India & Government of India.|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The vision of the college is to inculcate knowledge and intellect in the various streams. To develop a suitable atmosphere for students to learn, develop and contribute to society.
The mission of the institution is to build institutions for higher education in different disciplines to:
- Gain the most amount of knowledge, in the respective fields of interest.
- Improve their skills in research and development.
- Develop a holistic approach by incorporating the vision, interface, societal orientation, application as well as passions.
- Help to contribute to society.
Why study at Pacific Dental College Rajasthan?
Pacific Dental College Rajasthan is among the best dental colleges in the state of Rajasthan. You should study here because:
- The College Campus is spread over a 1.3 lakh square feet area. It provides excellent infrastructure facilities with administrative offices, departments, classrooms, and a library.
- Faculty members are knowledgeable, experienced, and trained to guide the students during the course duration.
- It organizes internships and placements for graduate and postgraduate students.
- There is a hostel facility provided within the campus.
Pacific Dental College Admission
The admission procedure to be followed for getting admission to Pacific Dental College Rajasthan is:
- Step 1: Go to the admissions section.
- Step 2: Fill up the application form with your details.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees at the link given.
- Step 5: Keep a copy with you for future reference.
Eligibility for BDS
To get admission to BDS, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Standard or 10 +2 from a recognized institution.
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English subjects.
- The aggregate score must be 50%.
- Minimum age must be 17 years as of December 31st, in the year of admissions.
- He/she must be NEET qualified.
Documents Required for BDS
You must bring these documents along with the application form for the admission process:
- Admit Card of NEET.
- NEET Scorecard.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- Identity Proof such as Aadhar, PAN, Driving Licence, etc.
- Certificate of Domicile.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- Passport-size photos.
Eligibility for MDS
MDS is a postgraduate level program for a period of 3 years. You must fulfill the eligibility for getting admission to MDS:
- Candidate should have completed BDS Degree from a recognized college or any institution which comes under DCI as well as registered with the State Dental Council.
- Must have finished 1 year of internship after the BDS course.
- You must be NEET qualified.
Documents required for MDS
Documents that are required during MDS Admissions are:
- Year-wise Mark sheets of BDS Degree.
- BDS Course Completion Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- 10th Class Marksheet (Proof of Birth).
- Identity Proof.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- NEET MDS Admit Card.
- NEET MDS Scorecard.
- Recent photos.
Pacific Dental College Courses
Pacific Dental College Rajasthan offers graduate, post-graduate and doctoral courses. The programs include BDS and MDS.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is also called BDS. This is a 5-year program that includes 4 years of academics followed by 1 year of internship. It’s primary objective is to train and develop students in the dental sciences field. The course structure is approved by the Dental Council of India.
Aspirants who have completed the 12th Standard with an aggregate score of 50% can pursue the program. The annual intake for the course is 100 students.
Course Subjects for BDS
BDS is the second most preferred course after MBBS. During the course time, students learn subjects like:
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology, and Oral Histology.
- Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology.
- Oral Pathology.
- General Surgery.
- General Medicine.
Master of Dental Surgery
MDS or Master of Dental Surgery is a postgraduate program for 3 years. Here, the students are given an in-depth understanding of dental problems. The DCI approves the course. The College offers 9 specializations which are:
- Oral Medicine, Diagnosis, and Maxillofacial Radiology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
- Paediatric Dentistry.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
- Public Health Dentistry.
Course Structure of MDS
MDS is a professional course that enhances knowledge and skills in the field of dental sciences. Subjects covered under the course are:
- Applied Basic Sciences.
- Human Anatomy.
- Conservative Dentistry.
- Dentistry Material.
Ph.D. in Dental Sciences
Ph D in Dental Sciences is a doctoral program for a duration of 3 years. It focuses on learning different kinds of treatments such as dental materials, oral histology, radiology, dental anatomy, community dentistry, surgical procedures, and so on.
Students who have completed their Master’s Degree can go for the doctoral program. After finishing the program, employment opportunities are available in Clinics, Health Centres, Hospitals, Research Centres, etc.
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
Diploma in Dental Mechanics is a 2-year diploma course in the field of dentistry. You can go for the program after the 12th Standard. Admissions take place on the basis of merit, which is followed by counseling.
The course covers topics like full dentures, partial dentures, dental technology, etc. Once you finish the diploma, you will get a job as a dental mechanic in dental hospitals, dental clinics, etc.
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
Diploma in Dental Hygienist is a 2-year diploma course, for aspirants who are looking to become dental hygienists. It mainly focuses on oral health, hygiene, dental radiography, periodontal treatments, restoration, and extraction of teeth.
The admissions to the program happen on merit basis as well as on the entrance examination scores. After completing the course, you can get jobs as Dental Assistant, Radiation Therapist, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapist, and so on.
Pacific Dental College Fees
The fees structure for the various courses offered at Pacific Dental College Rajasthan is:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||INR 3 LPA|
|Master of Dental Surgery||INR 3 LPA|
- In MDS, the fees for different specializations vary and you have to also pay the hostel fees.
Hostel fees which are charged by the college are:
|Hostel fees including mess charges||INR 1 LPA|
The College offers scholarships to merit students in Public Health Dentistry, Oral Pathology, and Oral Medicine Radiology.
Placements & Scope
The placement cell at the Pacific Dental College Rajasthan looks after the internships and final placements. The placement coordinator and the Student Committee members organize workshops, training programs, guest lectures, and conferences. Mock interviews and group discussions help boost their self-confidence and develop their personality.
What to do after BDS?
Today’s young medical aspirants often find difficulty in trying to make a career in dentistry. The job industry has become very dynamic with multiple openings in various sectors. Some of the jobs are traditional whereas others are not directly linked to dentistry. Few students also take up further studies to gain more knowledge. Here are some options for you:
- Master in Dental Surgery.
- Master in Public Health.
- Master in Business Administration.
- Open your clinic.
- Become a lecturer in a Medical College.
- Government Jobs as Dentist.
- Research and Development.
- Dental Consulting.
- Medical Transcription.
- Writing Dental Blogs.
Rankings & Recognitions
Pacific Dental College Rajasthan is a well-known dental college in Rajasthan. The College comes under PAHER University, Udaipur. Courses are recognized by the Dental Council of India as well as by the Government of India. It ranks well because of its updated syllabus, experienced faculties, infrastructure, and placements. Achievements of the college are:
- The College organized a CDE lecture on the topic of hands-on Ceramic Refregerium.
- National Seminar called Samajanya the Orosystemic Harmony was organized on the campus.
- An awareness workshop about the importance of oral hygiene was organized on campus.
- A cricket tournament Pacific Cup 2017 was held from 27 Jan 2017 to 31st Jan 2017.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located on NH 76, going towards Chittorgarh, in a place called Debari. Its lush, green, and landscaped campus finds itself on the foothills of the Aravalli Hills. The view is mesmerizing for the students and visitors. The campus welcomes students from different parts of the country. Facilities available within the campus are:
The Campus has separate blocks for hostels. Warden is in charge of taking care of the requirements and needs of the students. The rooms are very spacious and airy. It provides a conducive environment for staying and studying. Indoor games and recreation is provided in the hostels.
The Mess Facility at Pacific Dental College Rajasthan is attached to the respective hostels. It has a large dining area that can accommodate around 150 people. Food is prepared in modernized and well-equipped kitchens by experienced chefs. The health and nutrition of the students are always kept in mind while preparing the menus.
Ragging is strictly prohibited on campus. The Principal and Anti-Ragging committee members ensure that the rules and regulations are followed within the campus premises.
The College arranges for transport facility, to bring the students on time. Buses pick up and drop them off from points around the city. FeesTransport fees charged at a nominal cost to the students.
College Contact Details
- Address: Pacific Dental College & Hospital, Debari, Rajasthan 313024.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 096729 17861.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is the fees for the BDS program?
The fee for the BDS Program is INR 3 LPA.
2. Which courses are offered by the college?
The College offers a Bachelor of Dental Surgery and a Master of Dental Surgery.
3. When was the institution established?
The institution was established in the year 2000.
4. Where is the college located?
The college is located at Debari in Rajasthan.
5. How much time is needed to finish BDS Course?
The time needed to finish BDS Course is 5 years.
6. How many specializations are offered in MDS?
There are 9 specializations offered in MDS.
7. Can I take up further studies after BDS?
Yes, you can take up further studies after BDS.
8. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Yes, the college has a hostel facility.
If you would want to read my in-depth post on another dental college and learn more relevant details, click the link below:
Take a moment
It feels good to know that you are going through our blogs regularly and finding the relevant information. Kindly like and share among your networks. Spare a few minutes of your time and write about your views about the institution. Your opinion can make someone’s future. Appreciate your help. Thanks for your time!