In search of quality dentistry, dental doctors from across the country visit the state-of-the-art DA Pandu Memorial RV Dental College and Hospital in Bangalore for treatments that are beyond comparison. It provides wide dental services including General dentists, Cosmetic dentists & Braces professionals as well as Implantologist, etc.
RV Dental College Bangalore was named in honour of its founder, Dr D.A. Pandu, an eminent and great master in Indian Orthodontics, who has retired from his position as the Dean of the College after 35 years of service to the patients of India and abroad.
Table of Contents
- RV Dental College Bangalore Overview
- RV Dental College Bangalore Admissions
- RV Dental College Bangalore Departments
- RV Dental College Bangalore Fee
- RV Dental College Placement
- RV Dental College Bangalore Facilities
- RV Dental College Contact Details
RV Dental College Bangalore Overview
The college has a state-of-the-art infrastructure and fully equipped labs to engage in research activities, impart quality dental education to students and transfer knowledge to the normal people who need it. The college has all the necessary ambience, facilities, and patient facilities on the campus including a spacious cafeteria, shopping arcade, and Facility of ATM at the hospital premises.
This college is one of the only colleges in India that imparts BDS, MDS, certificate courses as well as Doctoral programs. I have hardly come across a dental college that has such an elaborate scheme of programs with such inspiring faculty and infrastructure to back it.
|Name||D. A. Pandu Memorial RV Dental College|
|Address||CA-37, 24th Main Rd, ITI Layout, 1st Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078|
|Principal||Dr. Asha R Iyengar|
|Affiliated To||Bangalore University|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
Their team has expert doctors from all over India with demonstrated skills in their respective specialties including dentists and dental surgeons. The well-known Dr. Sanjay Kumar, a member of the Faculty of Dental Surgery, National Board of Examinations (NBEO) is the Head of the Department.
Dr. Renuka Prakash, Obstetrician, and Gynaecologist with a long experience in Ortho Body Care and Aesthetic Soft Tissue Procedures is the Assistant Dean. All their doctors work under the guidance of Dr. Mohit Srivastava, Professor, and Head, of Dept. of Dentistry, and Dr. Arun Kumar Sawahalli, Professor and Head, of Dept. of Prosthodontics & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Why Choose RV Dental College Bangalore?
D.A. Pandu Memorial RV Dental College is one of the best colleges in Bangalore that provides courses such as BDS, MDS, and B.Sc in dental sciences to promote oral health care and provide professional training to enable the students to meet global standards in terms of quality, knowledge, and skills for providing dental care services to society. Definitely, this college is the first choice among the Top-ranked BDS Colleges in Karnataka.
The college has various facilities available which include:
- Excellent library with a huge collection of books on dental science, dentistry, and allied subjects.
- Hostels for boys & girls with 24/7 internet connectivity throughout the college premises and hostel campuses.
- No tolerance for ragging practices policies practiced by the institution in and around the campus ensures the safety of their students.
- A good sports complex for indoor games like table tennis, badminton, carom, etc.
RV Dental College Bangalore Admissions
RV Dental College Admission Test (RV) is conducted to select the candidates for admission into the dental course. Candidates are admitted based on their scores obtained from the entrance examination conducted by the R.V. Dental College Admission Committee and vacancies that exist in each of the dental subspecialties under the programs.
|Courses Offered||No. of students Intake|
|Oral Surgery (MDS)||2|
|Oral Medicine (MDS)||3|
|Conservative Dentistry (MDS)||5|
|Oral Pathology & Microbiology (MDS)||3|
|Public Health Dentistry (MDS)||2|
|Prosthodontics (PG Diploma course)||1|
|Orthodontics (PG Diploma course)||1|
|Conservative Dentistry (PG Diploma course)||1|
|Implantology (Certificate course)||2|
|Aesthetic Dentistry (Certificate course)||2|
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
- Must have passed the Pre-University Board of Karnataka’s two-year Pre-University Examination.
- Also to qualify with English, Physics, Chemistry, as well as Biology as optional courses.
- Pass other examinations conducted by Boards/Councils/Intermediate Education established by State Governments/ Central governments.
- Pass the Intermediate examination in Science of an Indian University/Board/Council.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- Rank Card of NEET.
- Marksheet of Class 10th and 12th.
- ST/SCs documents and income certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate with Identification Mark.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Date of Birth Certificate (If the Date of Birth is not mentioned in the 10th scorecard).
- Certificate of Migration (Not applicable for P.U.C Board students).
- 4 passport-size photos and 2 stamp-size photographs.
- Photocopy of Parents/Guardian’s PAN card.
- Passport Size photo of Father and Mother (one each).
Documents Required for MDS Admission
- MBBS certificate.
- Medical Registration Certificate (MRC).
- Sponsorship certificate from the State Government (if applicable).
- Birth certificate.
- A minimum of 10 passport-size photographs.
- Internship Completion Certificate (ICC).
- NEET scores card.
RV dental college cut-off
The official website misses out on information concerning the cut-off score for any of the programs that it harbors currently. We understand that such information is vital in the decision-making process of choosing the right college for yourself. This is where we come in with our expertise to provide you with factual information. We employ expert teams that will conduct due research on the information you need and deliver it to you promptly. Reach out to us to know more.
RV Dental College Bangalore Departments
Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the health of the oral and para-oral structures. It is concerned with medical principles about the mouth, as well as research in the biological, pathological, and clinical worlds.
- Oral Medicine is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the oro-facial tissues, as well as the oral symptoms of systemic diseases. It also covers the treatment of behavioral disorders as well as the oral and dental care of medically impaired individuals.
- One of the key academic highlights of this department is that it allows its students to find a space to conduct thorough research on varied interests. From researching the effects of oral mucosal lesions by the use of biomarkers, diseases associated with salivary glands, and disorders associated with mandibles through the use of imaging technologies, this department provides students with several avenues to work with.
- In addition to the above, the department allows exposure to its students with a lot of practical opportunities because of its assorted list of treatments. Fifteen different kinds of treatment are provided by the department where students will intern in a rotatory manner. Some of the most common treatments done here are cephalogram, digital radiograph, incisional biopsy, intra-oral periapical radiograph, and much more.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The skilled university staff employees are effective as well as passionate in academia, with articles published in many national and international journals, and are always supportive of both undergraduate and postgraduate students during their training period.
- The Division is constantly involved in numerous clinical research projects on a national scale, providing students with the necessary exposure and active participation.
- The Dept’s structure is substantially developed, with well-equipped consultation areas, a patient lounge, equipment, a sterilization room, a recovery room, a minor venue, archiving capabilities, and internet and communication capabilities.
- For both clinical therapy and education initiatives, cutting-edge equipment such as the LASER is accessible. A distinct part of implantology, which is also a certificate course, has been effectively changed over the decades.
- Some of the key research interests enabled by the department are regeneration biology, in-depth study of facial trauma & its causes, and study of management techniques to cure facial injuries of soft and hard tissues, understanding of the genetics of cancer in the oral cavity, emulating corrective techniques to various deformities of the lips, the palate, and craniofacial surgery.
- It is a part of all the teaching programs available in the college. From MDS, BDS, and certificate programs, it is a department that employs five specialty clinic services and has special areas reserved for teaching and non-teaching staff, labs, clinics for both undergraduate and postgraduate students, pre-clinical labs, and much more.
- Areas of research interest enabled by the department are implants, survey work, and dental materials. The types of treatment that students have the exposure to emulate are implant-supported crowns, removable partial dentures, splints & stents, relining & rebasing dowel crowns, and much more.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology is a field that combines basic science and clinical dentistry. Oral Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, and Embryology (part of a one-year undergraduate degree).
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology are the academic areas covered by this department (part of II & III years of undergraduate course).
- Students are exposed to gaining practical knowledge in the comparative study of the normal and diseased oral cavity. This indirectly furthers their knowledge of head and neck diseases that will aid in their journey as successful medical practitioners.
Conservative and Endodontics
- The main objective that this dept is concerned with is the protection, diagnostic procedures, as well as treatment of the complications associated with dental caries and some ordinary tooth issues.
- This inevitably involves learning the techniques to resolve and correct the teeth malfunction to be able to fully function normally. Appearances of a normal structure are also kept in mind while ensuring minimum alterations to the original tooth structure as much as possible.
- The section specializes in the treatment of damaged teeth using advanced restorative materials as well as Endodontics.
- How this department will enrich student’s life is by bringing a balance between their basic knowledge of science and clinical dentistry. For a newbie to get hold of various treatment procedures, this department will cater to students from the preclinical level up to the level of complex research interests.
- This department is further aided by its personalized library. The department is proactive concerning the updates in the world of dentistry by making arrangements for conferences, workshops, CDE programs, and seminars.
Under the dynamic direction of Dr. Suchetha A, Professor, and Head of the Department, the Department of Periodontics strives for excellence and delivers comprehensive oral health care for patients while molding highly trained and motivated dental professionals.
Public Health Dentistry
- Its Institute of Public Health Dentistry at DAPM RV Dental College Bangalore shares the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samithi Trust’s (RSST) objective of delivering education with a social face.
- Recognizing the need, the administration has launched a series of projects aimed at reaching out to the underprivileged population on the social and rural periphery, as well as importing good ideas from all over the world and adapting them to the specific setting.
RV Dental College Bangalore Fee
|Category||Seats||Tuition fees/ year|
|Government Quota||21||INR 63,030|
As you can see, there is no correct information on the fee structure for MDS and Ph.D. programs on the website. If you need real-time information as well as a breakdown of the overall costs charged by the institute, please contact us since you can hire our personalized staff to discover answers to all of your inquiries on demand.
RV Dental College Placement
- So far, over 3000 undergraduate and graduate students have graduated successfully, many of whom have obtained top university rankings in a range of professions.
- In parallel to having great academic credentials, BDCH recognizes its co-curricular ability, allowing students to thrive in their chosen genre.
- Undergrads, as well as a graduate, are properly trained, and they can take advantage of peripheral postings in any respected hospital nationwide for more exposure.
- Postgraduates might provide courses to undergraduates to help them grasp the pedagogy (teaching methodology) for the subject matter. And there are opportunities for them in dental space-based equipment.
If you want more accurate and up-to-date information on Bapuji Dental College placements, please contact us. Then, anytime you need it, our expert staff can help you discover answers to all of your questions.
RV Dental College Bangalore Facilities
In recent years, the Department of Public Health Industry has established several collaborative projects and partnerships with international organizations such as WHO-KOBE, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo on various pertaining issues in the field of dental sciences. Eligible students work alongside the faculty members of RV Dental College and gain a world-class experience.
The institution harbors separate on-campus hostels for boys and girls. To ensure utmost security, resident wardens are allocated to each hostel to ensure the safety of the students. Students caught in illegal legal practices will be chucked out from the hostel facilities. The hostel mess provides residents with food at a reasonable cost.
Sports And Others
To ensure the holistic development of the students, the college administration conducts sports activities on campus. In addition to this, several cultural and sports competitions are conducted at regular intervals in any given academic year.
Student Support Systems
Apart from encouraging star students to take up additional training to further hone their skills, students lagging behind on their overall grades or attendance are taken special care of. Additionally, a mentor is assigned to every student for they to address any personal or professional issue with them. This way the gap between the student and administration is bridged.
RV Dental College Contact Details
Address: CA-37, 24th Main Rd, ITI Layout, 1st Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078.
- Phone: 080 2244 5754.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
You can also check the links below to go through my detailed posts on other dental colleges in Bangalore:
Just a Moment:
Please share your reviews in the comment section below about your experiences at RV Dental College Bangalore if you are an alumnus or a student pursuing a degree in dentistry from the college. This small aid of yours can help budding dental aspirants significantly in their future education and careers.