Hello everyone! I want to welcome all of you to my posts about the top dental colleges in Mangalore. I realize it is essential for you to decide on your career. It must not be easy choosing a course, so I am here to help you out. I will connect you to the best career guidance experts who can get you into your preferred college. In this post, I will be sharing information on Srinivas Dental College Mangalore.
Table of Contents
- Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Overview
- Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Admissions
- Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Courses
- Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Facilities
- Program Fee Structure
- Placements at Srinivas Dental College
- Rankings and Awards
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Overview
This college offers an excellent dental program that will prepare you for a successful career in dentistry. The school’s faculty is highly experienced, qualified, and committed to providing their students with the best possible learning experience. They offer state-of-the-art facilities, including equipment and laboratories.
In addition, it gives its students a world-class education. It prepares them for speciality dentist roles like oral maxillofacial surgeon (OMFS), periodontist, orthodontic specialist, etc.
|Name||Srinivas Dental College Mangalore|
|College Type||Private college|
|Affiliations||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore (Karnataka)|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Full-time and offline|
|Hostel||Both Boys & Girls|
Vision: “Transforming Society Through Education by establishing academic institutions in dynamic equilibrium with their social, ecological, and economic environments, striving for excellence in education, research, and technical service to the nation.”
Mission: “To offer students knowledge-based technical education and train them as a competent professional workforce with ethical principles to meet the demands of society and industry by applying cutting-edge education, including technological innovation.”
Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore was established under the A. Shama Rao Foundation in 1909 by the late A. Shama Rao.
The Srinivas Institute of Dental Science is among the most prestigious institutions under the Shama Rao Foundation Education Trust. It opened in 2012-2013 with UG courses in dentistry with an annual intake of 100 students. The Founder’s President, Shri Raghavendra Rao, guided the establishment, intending to transform society through education by setting up academic institutions in dynamic equilibrium.
It is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore (Karnataka). It is certified by the Dental Council of India (DCI), New Delhi, and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The campus spans over 5 acres of land area.
Srinivas Dental College and Hospital provides a 5-year BDS program recognized by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore and approved by the Dental Council of India.
Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Admissions
Students who have qualified for the NEET examination and attended the Karnataka Education Authority (KEA) counselling for seat allocation are eligible for admission. Because the institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (RGUHS), the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) handles admissions.
Students who wish to apply for merit seats under the government (Karnataka domicile holders), private, NRI, or other quotas undergo KEA counselling. Students must complete the counselling processes to enrol in their selected universities’ BDS and MDS programs.
Students seeking All India 15% Quota seats can apply for Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) services to enter BDS and MDS programs at their selected universities.
A BDS student must pass the NEET-UG test and enrol in KEA once the applications are open. Students must complete the entire KEA counselling process to obtain seats based on their NEET-UG ranking in the desired quota.
For the candidates seeking admission to the Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, the criteria for BDS are as follows:
- Round of KEA counselling and the Mop-up Round, which may include:
- Online registration
- Document verification
- Choice entry
- Mock allotment
- Qualified 12th examination with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
- Must be at least 17 years as of 31 December of the admission year
- Must obtain qualifying marks in the NEET-UG exam
Some of the documents UG candidates will require for the application process are as listed below:
- The final printout of the online registration form
- Birth certificate
- UG NEET admission ticket and UG NEET score card
- Any valid identity card (driving license/ voter ID/ passport/ PAN/ Aadhar card)
- SSLC/ 10th board examination marks card
- Second PUC/ 12th board examination marks card
- Second PUC/12th-grade study certificate issued by the concerned college with a seal signature of the principal
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- PwD/ SC/ ST certificates as required
For MDS, a student must pass the NEET-MDS exam and enrol for KEA once the applications are open. Students must complete the KEA counselling process to obtain seats according to their ranking in NEET MDS in the preferred quota.
For the candidates seeking admission to the Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, the criteria for MDS are as follows:
- You must have completed BDS from a University recognized by the DCI.
- It is also mandatory for the candidate to qualify NEET-MDS exam.
- This also requires the same rounds of KEA counselling with the same process for online registration.
Some of the documents you will have to provide during the application process are as follows:
- Print the KEA PGET-2020 registration form duly filled
- A photo identity and address proof document (PAN card/ driving license/ voter ID/ passport/ Aadhar card/ ration card)
- NEET PG admit card and score card issued by NBE for medical and dental courses
- SSLC or 10th standard marks card
- Second PUC or 12th standard marks card
- MBBS/ BDS marks card for all semesters
- Qualifying degree certificate
- Provisional degree certificate (only for those who completed MBBS/ BDS in 2019)
- Certificate of internship completion
- Certification from the head of the institution certifying that the medical/ dental college from which the candidate has passed the MBBS/ BDS examination is recognised by MCI/ DCI.
KEA Counselling Process
- Login and Registration: Applicants can access Karnataka NEET counselling by clicking the link provided on the official page when it is announced. After selecting the ‘online counselling’ option, candidates must provide their NEET rank, roll number, and application form registration number.
- Choice filling Process: The Karnataka NEET counselling online selection form will appear on the screen. A list of colleges will be accessible, including the institution, college code, location, courses, and district name.
- Saving choices: After choosing, fill up the data and hit the save button. The website will send an OTP to the registered cellphone number, which the candidate must enter before clicking ‘Confirm’. After the Karnataka consultation, the options will be automatically closed.
Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Courses
The BDS course has a capacity of 100 students. The BDS course costs around 10 Lakhs for the first year under the private quota. The courses are spread over four years as follows:
|First Year||Human Anatomy, including Embryology and Histology|
|General Human Physiology and Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral History|
|Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|Second Year||General Pathology and Microbiology|
|General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics|
|Preclinical Conservative Dentistry|
|Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|Oral Pathology & Oral Microbiology|
|Third Year||General Medicine|
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|Fourth Year||Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology|
|Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge|
|Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics|
|Public Health Dentistry|
The MDS course costs ₹ 3.37L for the first year. The MDS courses each have different seat capacities and courses as follows:
Faculty at Srinivas Dental College Mangalore
This college has well-trained, highly educated faculty members equipped, and it also has non-technical professionals. They contribute to and maintain the institution’s medical education standards. All professors on campus follow these policies:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best scientific data available
- Reduce unsuitable variance in value-based approaches
- Provide rationale and practical thoughts about the course
- Increasing emphasis on ongoing education
- Encouraging the effective use of available resources
- Serving as the focal point for quality control, including auditing
- Identifying gaps in existing work and making recommendations for future study
Srinivas Dental College Mangalore Facilities
The college is connected to the general hospital Srinivas Hospital (A unit of Srinivas Institute Of Medical Sciences and Research Centre). Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences offers a range of facilities to help you get the most out of your dental education. These include state-of-art classrooms and laboratories and a full complement of equipment and amenities required for the dental practice.
In addition, the institute has established strong ties with various health care establishments in Bangalore. This gives you access to top-notch, affordable medical services. You can also use the vast network of hospitals and clinics throughout India for further consultation or treatment whenever needed. Some of the more critical facilities include:
- Computer Labs: This institute has dedicated computer labs that are available 24/7 so that you can get the most out of your training. The faculty members at Srinivas Dental College are highly experienced, knowledgeable in their field, and always willing to help out their wards.
- Library: The Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences Library provides access to many helpful resources to study dental hygiene. These resources include textbooks, journal articles, data sheets, and more. In addition, the library has multimedia materials for learning.
- Auditorium: The auditorium at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences is perfect for events requiring ample space. It can accommodate up to 1,000 people and features state-of-art audio and video equipment and a stage.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are available on a limited basis at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences. To be eligible, you must be an international student participating in the dental program and have no residence options nearby. In addition to the hostel, students can also avail themselves of shared kitchen facilities, laundry services, study spaces/ rooms with beds for up to four people, and free Wi-Fi access. Srinivas Dental College hostel fee is INR 36,000-42,000 for boys and INR 34,000-36,000 for girls. Hostel food fees are INR 2,500-3,000 per month.
- Centre for Community Medicine: The Centre for Community Medicine at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences is a unique program that offers residents the opportunity to pursue a career in community medicine. The program involves completing four years of undergraduate study and one year of postgraduate training, qualifying you as an MD (Doctor of Medicine). After completing this program, you can work as a doctor in rural areas or underserved communities throughout India.
- Sports: Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences has a rich sporting tradition. The institute’s students have regularly won medals in national and international sporting events, and many current dentists are lifelong sports enthusiasts.
- Cafeteria: Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences cafeteria offers a variety of healthy and delicious foods. You can find everything from macrobiotic pizzas to salads, pasta dishes, and desserts. In addition, the cafeteria has a wide selection of beverages, including soy or almond milk tea, green tea, iced coffee, and fruit juices.
- Laboratory: The laboratory at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences performs various biochemical and histopathological tests for dentistry, periodontology, oral biology, and microbiology.
- OPD: OPD is a dental visit used to diagnose and treat many health issues. Essentially, it’s an oral exam that includes checking for gum disease, tooth decay or cavities, X-rays of your teeth and gums to look for abnormalities, and an assessment of your oral health.
- Blood Bank: The Blood Bank at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences accepts blood donations from individuals and groups. You can make an appointment online to schedule a convenient time or contact them if you want more information about blood donation.
Extracurricular Activities and Opportunities
There are many opportunities you can pursue at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences. Some of them include:
- The Student Entrepreneurship Program (SEP): This program encourages students to start and run their businesses. In addition, to support from faculty, participants receive access to business resources, such as software and funding opportunities.
- Study Abroad Opportunities: Students have the opportunity to study dental procedures in various locations around the world through our partnership with international schools. These programs typically last for 2 or 3 months and involve a lot of clinical work hours outside of class time.
- SIDD Foundation Scholarships: The SIDD Foundation provides scholarships that cover tuition, room and board, books/ materials, healthcare costs, and other living expenses related to studying abroad. Many deserving students qualify for these awards each year.
Some activities include debating, creative writing, dance, and Model United Nations. Students also have the opportunity to join the anime society or the photography group. Whatever interests you and makes you feel productive is a great way to spend your free time! So be sure to explore all of the opportunities at Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences and find something that captivates your imagination.
Program Fee Structure
Srinivas Institute for Dental Sciences Mangalore charges a nominal amount for its various dental services. The rates apply to domestic and international patients, and the institute offers flexible payment options that suit different budgets.
You can make payments through major credit cards or bank transfers. In addition to this, you can also opt for monthly instalments if you prefer. Srinivas Dental College BDS fees are as follows:
|Course||G Fees||P Fees||NRI Fees|
|BDS||₹ 1,41,196||₹ 9,94,406||₹ 42,12,450|
Srinivas Dental College Scholarship
If you’re looking for scholarships or financial aid to help pay for your dental education at the Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences, you have come to the right place.
The school offers a range of scholarships and grants that can help students pay for their tuition and fees. For undergraduate students, the school offers merit-based scholarships and need-based funding.
Placements at Srinivas Dental College
If you are interested in a dental career, then the Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences is the perfect place. This prestigious institution has consistently ranked among the best dental schools in the world and offers a wide range of degree programs that can lead to careers in dentistry.
There are several degree and certificate options at SIDS. The certificate program takes two years to complete and gives students an introductory understanding of oral health care procedures and evaluation techniques.
The undergraduate program lasts four years and prepares students for clinical practice by providing them with foundational knowledge about anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology, radiology/nuclear medicine studies and patient counselling skills.
And finally, doctoral-level programs last 5 or 6 years and prepare graduates to become supervisors or directors. SIDS also offers numerous Dual Degree Programs that allow students to combine coursework from one department with coursework from another study area, such as law or business administration.
Rankings and Awards
Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences has won several prestigious rankings and awards over the years, including
- The Times Group’s 2018 ‘Best Dentist’ Award & one of the Best BDS Colleges in Karnataka.
- The India Today Group’s ‘5 Best Dentists in India’ Awards for three consecutive years (2017-2018).
- In 2018, Srinivas Institute of Dental Sciences was ranked 29th in the world for dental schools by The QS World University Rankings.
- The same year, it was also ranked 10th in India by the 21 hottest managed entrepreneurship universities in India.
- The Sunday Times ranked it as one of India’s top dental colleges in 2016.
College Contact Details
Address: 2QCR+2VM, Srinivas Nagar, Mukka, Surathkal, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575021
- Email: +91-824-2425966.
- Phone: email@example.com.
If you’re impressed with this overview of Srinivas Dental College Mangalore and intend to pursue a degree in dentistry, get in touch with us. We’ll help you determine the best career route for yourself. Our goal is to help students select the right college and realize their goals.
The best part is that all of these services are free, so you have nothing to lose.
Let’s connect and chart a course for your future!
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is Srinivas Medical College Mangalore a selective college?
While the college is not strictly selective, it does have a high-demand-based admissions policy. This means that you need to score well in the entrance examinations if you want to be considered for admission.
2) Does Srinivas Medical College have a good campus life?
Yes, the Srinivas Medical College has a great campus life. There are plenty of things to do on and off-campus, and the students enjoy themselves while they're here.
3) How is the hostel at Srinivas Medical College?
Srinivas Medical College offers excellent hostel facilities. The hostel has rooms that are spacious and well-equipped with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay.
4) What labs does Srinivas Medical College have?
Srinivas Medical College has a variety of laboratories that offer testing and diagnostic services such as blood glucose, cholesterol, thyroid function tests, pregnancy tests, and urine analysis.
5) Is there an onsite hospital?
Yes, the general hospital and medical college are on the same campus.
You can also check the following links below:
One Small Ask:
Please share your review in the comment box below about your experiences at Srinivas Dental College Mangalore if you are a student pursuing a degree in dentistry or an alumnus of the college. This will hardly take a minute, but it’s definitely going to assist the BDS aspirants in their future.