Welcome to the detailed and unique post about engineering admission in India. In this article, I will provide you with details regarding engineering admission, the engineering admission process, fee structure in engineering colleges, etc.
We are one of the best engineering admission consultants in Bangalore for the past 14 years.
Engineering is one of the most opted courses by students in India after the 12th. This trend is following for the past few years due to the job opportunities for engineers in different fields.
In India, engineering is one of the courses with the maximum number of student intakes.
Thousands of students are willing to join engineering courses due to the availability of different branches and job opportunities. Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate degree that includes both theoretical and practical sessions.
Table of Contents
- Everything About Engineering Course
- List of Entrance Exams for Taking Engineering Admission
- Eligibility for taking Engineering Admission
- Admission Procedure for Engineering
- Engineering Management Quota Fee Structure
- Documents needed for taking Engineering Admission
- Branches of Engineering Available in India
- Benefits of taking Engineering Admission
- How to Choose an Engineering College for Admission?
- Job Placements and Recruiters:
- Experienced and Best Faculties
- Engineering College Infrastructure and Equipment
- Affordable Fees to take Engineering Admission
- Exposure to Academic Related Extra-Curricular Activities
- Scholarships for Deserving Students
- Hostel and Food Qualify of The College
- The College Location and Climate
- Recommended Colleges For Engineering Admission
- Features of CareerMudhra Admission Consultancy
- Benefits If You Take Admission Through Us
- Frequently Asked Questions About Admission to Engineering College
- Conclusion: The End
Everything About Engineering Course
Do you know what Engineering means?
Engineering is a word that originated from the Latin word Ingenium. Ingenium means cleverness and ingeniare means to create.
As I told engineering is one of the courses which is developing with time. Engineering courses are available as diploma, UG, and PG courses.
But, here we will be talking about the undergraduate course, that is, B.Tech. B. Tech is a 4-year full-time undergraduate course that gives you an engineering degree.
The duration of the course also depends on the country, university, and course structure you select. There are integrated engineering courses for 5 years too.
Jobs and Scope after completing engineering
Before joining engineering, every candidate will be thinking, about where I will work after engineering and what is the future of engineering.
You can join top companies for a job or you can go for higher studies (like M.Tech) after engineering. There are many candidates who also opt for MBA after engineering. There are many distance educations for higher studies, which you can do parallel with your job.
And regarding jobs, you can work in various fields depending on your specialization. What I found interesting about engineering is that we can diver to any field if we want to in the future.
Jobs are available for engineers in the private and government sectors. There are a lot of companies that are looking for fresh and enthusiastic candidates for their companies in India.
Some of the best recruiters in the engineering field are:
These are just the top recruiters and there are a lot of companies who are ready to take people in.
Salary You Can Expect After Engineering
In the engineering sector, salary depends on the efficiency and experience of the candidate. Starting salary in a decent company will be around Rs.22,000 to Rs.35,000 per month.
After you gain some experience, you can easily earn somewhere around Rs.6 lac to Rs.12 lac per annum in good companies.
For a few branches, there is a great demand in some western countries who will pay you at least 3 times more than the salary in India.
List of Entrance Exams for Taking Engineering Admission
These are the entrance exams you can apply for if you want to get engineering admission through merit seat:
- KEAM – Kerala.
- JEE Main.
- JEE Advanced.
- CG PET.
- BITSAT – BITS.
- AP EAMCET – Andhra Pradesh.
- TS EAMCET – Telangana State.
- Assam CEE – Assam.
There are also a few exams conducted by private universities, through which you can take engineering admission to the specified university.
Eligibility for taking Engineering Admission
To get admission to any of the engineering colleges in India, the candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with 55% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths from a recognized board.
- The marks percentage differs from colleges and universities.
- Will be eligible for merit seat, if cleared the entrance exam.
Admission Procedure for Engineering
Admission to any engineering college is based on the marks scored in the 12th standard or the respective entrance exam. Most of the engineering colleges in India, admit students based on their 10+2 marks.
Engineering admissions in Tamilnadu are also the same. I get a lot of queries regarding this. That is the reason I mentioned TN separately.
Few engineering colleges only take admission through entrance exams and personal interviews. These kinds of engineering colleges will be taking the score of:
In these colleges, engineering admissions will be based purely on the entrance score and personal interview. You can also get admission in engineering colleges on the basis of 12th marks.
Engineering Management Quota Fee Structure
There are a lot of engineering colleges in India and I can list the complete fee structure here. But, I will give an idea of how much it will cost for doing engineering in the management quota.
The tuition fee will be an average of Rs.1 lac per annum in a good engineering college. Hostel and mess fees will be from Rs.75,000 to Rs.1 lac depending on the college. There will be an extra fee for a library, material, etc of around Rs.10,000 per year.
You can also read my detailed post about admission through management quota in engineering colleges.
Management quota fees in engineering Bangalore might be different from that of Chennai. For the exact fee details, you can contact our career support team on the below number. Even the procedures of B.Tech admission in Bangalore will be different from other places like Delhi.
Documents needed for taking Engineering Admission
I would advise you to keep these documents ready with you before taking admission to any engineering college. This will make the procedures easy.
- 10th marks card.
- 12th marks card.
- 12th pass certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Conduct certificate.
- Entrance scorecard, if applicable.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Income certificate, if applicable.
- Aadhar Card copy.
- Passport size photos – 6 nos.
Branches of Engineering Available in India
The major engineering branches available in Indian engineering colleges are listed below. Please know about these courses before joining.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Chemical engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Plastic Engineering.
- Information technology.
- Computer science engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electronics Engineering.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication.
- Electronics and Electrical.
- Electrical engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Marine Engineering.
- Biochemical engineering.
- Biomedical Engineering.
- Metallurgical Engineering.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Biomechanical Engineering.
- nanotechnology engineering.
- Automobile Engineering.
- Mechatronics Engineering.
- Robotics Engineering.
- Microelectronic Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Agricultural and Food Engineering.
- Ceramic Engineering.
- Industrial and Production Engineering.
- Genetic engineering.
- Petrochemical Engineering.
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering.
- Textile Engineering.
- Biomolecular Engineering.
- Corrosion Engineering.
- Mining Engineering.
- Bioelectronics Engineering.
These are the branches of engineering available in India. Few of the departments are available only in selected colleges.
Note: Before taking admission, please know about the course branch very well.
Benefits of taking Engineering Admission
There are a lot of benefits if you take engineering admission. It will also improve many of your skills and management techniques. I will be listing here the major benefits you will see if you join engineering.
- Wide job opportunity: In the engineering sector, there are a lot of small and big companies that can offer great jobs. This gives you the ease of finding jobs after your course. Joining the best companies gives you a bright and safe future head.
- Communication skills: Participation in CDE programs, paper presentations, and exposure to students from different parts of the country will give you great improvement in communication. Good command of English will give you great opportunities.
- Time Management: You will surely improve your time management skills, as you will be having deadlines for your projects and other related parts.
- Projects: You will have great exposure to projects in different sectors and also might get a chance to get into research centers which will give you a better experience.
- Will stay updated: You will stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in your sector which will stay as a habit in your future. This will give you great importance when you get placed in top engineering companies in India.
- Life experience: You will be dealing with different kinds of people and you will get experience in dealing with your social life. This will provide you an idea of selecting positive people over negative people. This will give you a great life experience.
- Decision-making: You will improve your decision-making skills to a great extent. It will surely develop and make a great change in spot decision-making skills.
How to Choose an Engineering College for Admission?
Now that you have got an idea about an engineering course, its scope, salary, and benefits, I would like to tell you how to select an engineering college for admission.
It is not easy to select an engineering college. There are hundreds of colleges in India, and I had made a checklist for choosing your future college.
Job Placements and Recruiters:
The college must have good placement records. Never go for fake advertisements which say 100% job placement. It is not about the placement percentage, it is about what package the candidate has been placed in.
There are a lot of engineering colleges in India that place students in different companies with a monthly salary of less than Rs.20,000. I had even seen people working in place companies for 3 months as a trainee without a salary and later getting fired.
And after all these, the colleges promote themselves as 100% placement college. Choose colleges wisely!
Experienced and Best Faculties
Without a good teacher, a student can never learn anything completely. Inquire about the faculties in the college and especially about the department which you need great care for. The top engineering colleges in India will be having great teachers.
If you have any contacts within the college to inquire about the same.
Engineering College Infrastructure and Equipment
Infrastructure doesn’t mean how big the college is or how many acres the college is built. The college must have basic necessities to learn. The college must have a good library, hostel, mess, laboratory, etc. It would be really good if the college has a research center.
Affordable Fees to take Engineering Admission
The college must only charge affordable tuition fees and extra fees. I know colleges that charge huge tuition and extra fees. And there are some colleges which have very low tuition fees, but very high charges for the hostel, food, laboratory, examination, materials, etc.
Before taking engineering admission in any college, make it clear about the extra fees with the college or consultant.
Exposure to Academic Related Extra-Curricular Activities
Here I am not talking about sports and other activities. I mean the extra activities like paper presentations, CDE programs, etc. The college must be supporting all these, which will surely help improve your knowledge for the future.
Scholarships for Deserving Students
There are colleges that provide scholarships for students based on their performance on marks, sports, and other activities. There are few engineering colleges that even provide 100% of scholarships for students. But, if the students fail in any of the subjects after joining the college, the scholarship will be canceled.
Hostel and Food Qualify of The College
There are only a few colleges that provide quality and hygienic food to students. Even I won’t be able to predict the same. But I could refer colleges with excellent and hygienic hostel environments. In a few colleges the hostel fee might be higher than the tuition fees, so please do check with it.
The College Location and Climate
As I told you earlier, there are hundreds of engineering colleges in each state. So you have got great opportunities to choose a college. Then why choose a college which is located far away ay and unsafe place?
Choose engineering colleges that are easily accessible via road, rail, and air. Go for places that have good climatic conditions and also where your child will be able to improve their language and social skills.
Recommended Colleges For Engineering Admission
These are a few top engineering colleges in India which we are partnered with. You can select any one of the colleges for admission and let us know about the same. If you want to know more details about the college feel free to comment below.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- PES University, Bangalore.
- Sathyabhama University, Chennai.
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- BMS Engineering College, Bangalore.
- Hindustan University, Chennai.
- PSG Engineering College, Coimbatore.
- New Horizon Engineering College, Bangalore.
- CMR Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Panimalar College of Engineering, Chennai.
- St.Joseph College of Engineering, Chennai.
- JEPPIAAR Engineering College, Chennai.
- Saveetha University, Chennai.
- VELTECH, Chennai.
- Dhanalakshmi Srinivas Engineering College, Coimbatore.
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- MS Ramaiah Engineering College, Bangalore.
- RVS Engineering College, Coimbatore.
- Park Engineering College, Coimbatore.
- CMS College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Shreedevi Engineering College, Mangalore.
- MIET, Mangalore.
- Sahyadri Engineering College, Mangalore.
- AJ Institute of Engineering, Mangalore.
- NITTE, Mangalore.
- AMET, Chennai.
- International Maritime Academy, Chennai.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.
- SVS College of Engineering, Coimbatore.
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur.
- Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore.
- MC College of Engineering.
- BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore.
There are many other excellent engineering colleges in India. These are just for giving you an idea of some good private engineering colleges.
Features of CareerMudhra Admission Consultancy
Now that, we had given you almost all the details regarding engineering admission, we would like to tell you about our engineering admission consultancy service. The major features of CareerMudhra are listed below.
- Experience: We are having an experience of 13 years in college admission consultancy in various fields. We are having an expert team for engineering admissions.
- College Tour: We can provide you college tour in Bangalore and Chennai. We will take you directly to colleges that you can afford and show you the complete campus. You can visit the college and take admission on the spot if you are interested.
- Selection of College: Our team will help you select the perfect engineering college for you with your mark and budget. We will also provide you with complete information about the college, department, etc.
- Advance Booking Seat: If you want to secure your engineering seat, then we can help you book your seats before it gets filled.
- Loan Support: If you are in need of an educational loan for your studies, we will provide you with loan papers and supporting documents from the college and university.
- Easy and secure payment: You can make all the fee payments directly to the college and you never have to pay anything in our office. This is the main reason we have gained the trust of our clients over the past 13 years.
- Installment: You can pay your fees in installments every semester or every year depending on the college.
- No Donation: We also deal with colleges that never charge any donations. We are partnered with hundreds of colleges that provide engineering admission with a fee starting from Rs.50,000 per year.
- Zero Service Charge: We don’t charge any service charge from the candidates. Most of the colleges pay us for referring students to their colleges. So, we never used to charge anything extra from the students.
- After Support: Even after taking admission to top engineering colleges in India, we will provide you complete support in case of anything. You can talk to our counselors for any kind of support.
- Support for Placement: We are partnered with a few HR consultancies in the country. In case, if you need any kind of support for getting a job then we could surely help you out.
Benefits If You Take Admission Through Us
We also provide attractive benefits to all the engineering aspirants who take admission through us. We were able to provide these benefits for the past 13 years to all our candidates.
- Scholarship facility: We provide scholarship facilities to deserving students with our partnered institutes. We provide scholarships based on marks and also sports quota. Only a few engineering colleges provide scholarships. There are colleges that even provide 100% scholarships.
- Education Kit: We provide our candidates with a free promotional education kit. This includes study material and a few stationaries which will be useful for your future studies.
- Free Laptop: We will provide a free laptop for students who are placed in a few institutes in a few departments.
- Referral Program: If you refer your friend or a relative or anyone you know to our consultancy service. We will provide you with a decent incentive or deduct it from your total fee structure. The incentives or discount depends on college to college.
There might be people out there who are still not interested in taking our service. That is never an issue. So, we would tell you how to choose an educational consultant who suits your needs.
- Experienced: I am not against any startup educational consultancy. I prefer experienced educational consultants because they will know about the college and course better. They will be experts in the admission procedures and also provide you with competitive fees.
- Permanent Office: Choose consultants who have a permanent office. Never judge a consultant based on their office. In the future, if you are facing any issues, you can confidently approach his office.
- Affordable Fee: Choose admission consultants who can provide you with admissions at a competitive fee structure. There are a lot of consultants who charge a very high service charge, so do inquire before joining any college.
- Educational Loan: 99% of consultants will provide you with loan papers and other documents from the college. So, if in case any consultant doesn’t provide you with these, never opt for them.
- Deals with good colleges: Take admissions through consultants who only deal with affiliated and government-approved colleges only. There are people, who promote colleges without knowing about the recognition and affiliations.
- Support: See whether the consultant can provide you with great after support and other support. For example, we provide placement and career support.
Frequently Asked Questions About Admission to Engineering College
Every candidate and parent will be having a lot of questions before joining any engineering college. Here I answered a few frequently asked questions. In case after reading these, if you have any queries, feel free to talk to our career experts.
1. Can I get admission to top engineering colleges without writing the entrance exam?
Yes, you can join engineering colleges in India without writing entrance exams. There are a lot of colleges that provide engineering admission on the basis of 12th marks.
2. What are the options for higher studies after completing B.Tech?
There are a lot of options after completing engineering. There are students who do M.Tech after B.Tech and also students who do MBA after B.Tech. You can call our customer care, who will explain to you about the same.
3. What is the recognition needed by an engineering college?
A reputed engineering college must have the following recognitions:
- Approved by the government of India.
- NAAC – depends on the college.
4. Can you guarantee us the placements?
No, we won’t guarantee you placements. We will recruit you to colleges with great placement records. Placement depends completely on the candidate’s efficiency, hard work, and skills. We can provide you with the reference of reputed HR consultancies who can help you for getting a job.
5. Can I get an educational loan for the Engineering course?
You can easily get an educational loan for studying engineering. You must contact the nearest bank and give an application. We will provide you with loan papers and documents which will surely speed up your loan procedures.
6. Which branch should I take in Engineering?
You can choose a branch of your choice. We can help you select the branch by knowing your marks, skills, and interest. We will explain to you the scope, employment area, and all the related details.
7. What is the difference between BE and B.Tech?
BE means Bachelor of Engineering and B.Tech means Bachelor of Technology. These courses are a little bit similar. After completing both courses you will be an engineer. The only difference is that B.Tech is completely practical based and B.E is a theory-based study.
8. How to get admission to an engineering college without an entrance exam?
You can easily get engineering admission to top private engineering colleges without entrance exams and donations. You can contact our counselor and tell him your marks and details. Our team will then revert back to you with the list of best engineering colleges for B.Tech with free structure and other details.
If you are interested, you can take an appointment and visit the college and provide your original documents and a part of the fee. We will do the balance procedure and provide you with the admission confirmation letter.
Conclusion: The End
Thanks for reading the complete article about admission to top engineering colleges in India. I think I had given enough information which you were looking for. I had tried my best to write the post in simple understandable language.
If you loved this article, then please do share it on social media and give a five-star rating. If you have got any questions in mind, then please do comment below or click the call button below.
This article might be useful if you were looking for information related to B.Tech fees in private colleges, colleges offering direct admission BTech, etc.
8 thoughts on “Engineering Admission 2023: The Ultimate Guide to BE/B.Tech”
searching for a good engineering college admission in CSE branch
Guidance needed for admission in B.Tech Computer Science in :
Need to consult advisor for B Tech admission
Welcome to our blog on Engineering Admission.
Kindly call or Email in the contact details provided.
Our B-Tech Counsellor will call you.
Are you looking for BE Mechatronics admission?
I need some information about selecting the branch in engineering… Being a girl can’t get into any branch right