Welcome to another detailed post about MDS admission; today I will be giving you the complete information about MDS admission in Delhi.
If you want to take MDS admission in private dental colleges in Delhi, then you must qualify for the NEET-MDS entrance exam. I used to get a lot of calls from students who were not qualified in NEET and wanted to take admission to MDS.
If you have missed the qualification marks by a few numbers, then I would advise you to wait till the last moment of counseling. Till now, I had seen that the cut-off marks have been reduced when the seats are left vacant. 😀
Don’t lose hope!
Important: There are no private dental colleges in Delhi, and the admission procedure I will be telling will be about private dental colleges in Delhi NCR, which comes in Uttar Pradesh. 😀
Table of Contents
- MDS Fee Structure in Colleges in Delhi NCR
- Few Colleges in Delhi NCR for MDS Admission
- Eligibility for Taking MDS Admission in Delhi
- MDS Admission and Counseling Procedure in Delhi NCR
- Why is it better to take MDS admission in Delhi NCR?
- How to Choose the Best Dental College for MDS Admission in Delhi?
MDS Fee Structure in Colleges in Delhi NCR
I will be writing about the fee structure first, as all the students want to know about this first. I will explain eligibility, admission procedures, etc in the next sub-heading.
I know a few colleges in this area that are good and many colleges that are not up to the mark. Here I will be telling you about the fee structure of good colleges only.
MDS Tuition fees in Delhi
These are the approximate fee structure for MDS colleges in Delhi NCR. I will list the fee structure department-wise below:
- MDS in Endodontics fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Orthodontics fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Surgery fees – Rs.5.75 – Rs.8 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Prosthodontics fees – Rs.4 – Rs.6 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Pedodontics fees – Rs.4 – Rs.5 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Periodontics fees – Rs.3.5 – Rs.4 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Medicine and Radiology – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Oral Pathology – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
- MDS in Community – Rs.2 – Rs.3 Lakhs/year.
These are the approximate tuition fee range for MDS admission in Delhi. If interested, you can also go through my detailed post about MDS course fees in Bangalore and the general fee structure for MDS in India.
MDS Hostel Fees in Delhi
The hostel and mess fees of each college differ a lot, as colleges have many options and facilities. Still, I will give approximate hostel fees for dental colleges in Delhi NCR.
- Non-AC Hostel and Mess – Starting from Rs.75,000/year.
- AC Hostel and Mess – Starting from Rs.1.25 Lakh/year.
These fees also include mess charges. I have also seen a few colleges that charge around Rs.1.50 Lakhs/year for AC Hostels. 😛
MDS Admission Material Charges
If you are a student who had done your BDS from colleges in South India, then you might know most colleges charge material fees that will range from Rs.80,000 to Rs.1 lakh/year, depending on the colleges.
But, dental colleges in Delhi NCR don’t charge anything as material fees from MDS students. But it depends on how much materials you use. It will be limited in these colleges.
You can buy your own material when you need anything extra, which will cost you depending on many factors like the no. of patients, your head of the department or guide, etc.
But still, it is worth what you pay!
Few Colleges in Delhi NCR for MDS Admission
These are the few known dental colleges in Delhi NCR that provide MDS courses. You can check out each college separately and know more about it.
- IDST Dental College.
- ITS Dental College, Greater Noida.
- ITS Dental College, Ghaziabad.
- Indraprastha Dental College.
- Kalka Dental College, Meerut.
- Subarti Dental College, Meerut.
- DJ Dental College.
Eligibility for Taking MDS Admission in Delhi
In this section, I will explain to you the eligibility criteria for taking MDS admission in Delhi.
- The candidate must qualify for the NEET-MDS entrance exam.
- The candidate must complete his/her internship before March 31st.
- The candidate must attend the complete counseling procedure conducted by UPDGME.
- If you want to join any college affiliated with a deemed university, then you must attend the counseling conducted by MCC.
Important: Without attending the centralized counseling, you won’t be eligible to take admission to any private or government dental college. I had seen many students ignoring and later suffering. 😀
MDS Admission and Counseling Procedure in Delhi NCR
Here, I will give you the major steps involved in the counseling conducted by UP NEET.
- Qualifying NEET-MDS exam.
- Registration: You must register for the counseling online and provide all your personal and academic details.
- Document Verification: You must then come to the verification center with all your original documents and also submit a demand draft of Rs.1 Lakh. The amount will be refunded to your account after the counseling or will be adjusted in your first-year fees.
- First Counseling: There will be online counseling in which you must choose the college of your choice and lock the choice. If you are not been allotted any seat in the first counseling, then you can attend the second counseling.
- Second Counseling: The procedure is the same as the first counseling. If you have not been allotted any seats then you can attend the MOP-UP round.
- MOP-UP Round: The vacant seats will be allotted in the MOP-UP round. For this, you must come directly to the counseling center and attend it.
These are the major steps involved in taking MDS admission in Delhi.
MDS 1st Counseling Counseling Schedule Delhi 2023
- Date of Online Registration – 17th – 23rd April 2023.
- Security Fee Payment – 23rd April Last Date.
- State Rank list – 24th April 2023.
- Online Choice Filling – 27th to 30th April 2023.
- Result Declaration – 1st or 2nd May 2023.
- The date for downloading the allotment letter – is from 4th to 9th May 2023.
Why is it better to take MDS admission in Delhi NCR?
I will share what I felt, and this is my personal experience. The major reasons are listed below.
- Fee Affordability: Comparing colleges in Bangalore, Tamil Nadu, etc., the fee structure is really affordable and is worth what you pay.
- Easy Procedures: I have dealt with all the counseling procedures in India and felt that UP’s counseling procedures are simple and fast.
- Patient Flow: The patient flow to most of the colleges is very good, and there are colleges where the patient exposure is worst.
- Colleges: There are many colleges to choose from.
- Connectivity: Colleges in Delhi NCR won’t be very far from Delhi International Airport.
How to Choose the Best Dental College for MDS Admission in Delhi?
There are around 8-10 dental colleges in Delhi that provide an MDS course. But all colleges don’t provide the best facilities and academics.
There is tight competition in the infrastructure and patient exposure in different colleges, and it is a bit tough to select the best one.
I would suggest you decide which department you would prefer for MDS admission in Delhi first. After you decide on the department, it would be easy to select a college.
In a few colleges, the Endo department will be good, and in other orthodontics, the department might be good. And I have the complete updated information about each department in a college.
This makes it easy to guide you through the complete procedure and help you secure an MDS seat in Delhi.
In this section, I will also list a few of the major things you must keep in mind while choosing a college for MDS admission in Delhi.
There is no use in joining any college that doesn’t have good patient exposure. To be frank, I won’t stick to the patient exposure, I would say the student-patient ratio must be good.
The number of patients available for each student must be the best.
HOD and Guide
The department must have a good HOD who must have the courage to give you different kinds of cases. I know many colleges where patient exposure is good, but the HOD doesn’t allow students to take up all the cases. This is seen mostly in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery departments.
The top colleges in many parts of the country charge a very high fee, especially colleges in the south. If you are ready to migrate toward North India, then you can surely get the best deal.
I always focus on the Return on Investment factor. I would suggest you make a plan where you can earn back whatever you have invested within 5 years after you complete your MDS course.
There are colleges that charge a hefty extra fee in the name of Material Fees, University fees, etc. Please do enquire about everything before joining any college.
I have been dealing with dental colleges in Delhi NCR for the past 4 years, and I have shared my experiences here. If you feel this post helped you, then please do share it with your friends and people in need.
If you want any personal guidance for taking MDS admission in Delhi NCR, then you can contact me on +91-9916927248 or comment on your queries below. I will try my best to revert back as soon as possible.