Hello Readers! Picking the right course and career is not an easy task. Our entire life totally depends on it. I understand how crucial it is to choose the University and college which is the best for you. I visited a dental college a while back with a friend. And I was amused by seeing the infrastructure. So I am here today, to introduce you to one of the best dental colleges, Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala (AADC).
This college is situated in Thodupuzha, the largest town in the Idukki district which is well known for its natural beauty. This place has been the primary location for many South Indian movies. Hence, the name ”Hollywood of Kerala”. The campus is in the middle of hills and streams. In other words, the green ambient and the beautiful climate are just perfect for students to boost their excellence.
Table of Contents
- Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Overview
- Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Admission
- Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Courses Offered
- Fees Structure in Al-Azhar Dental College
- Career Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Overview
Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala (AADC) was established in the year 2007 under the Noorul Islam Trust. With the experience of 19 years in the education field, the Al-Azhar institutions have 42 education programmes. Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala is the glory among 12 other educational institutions under Al-Azhar Hub. This College is set across 55 acres of land along with other sister institutions.
The college has been constantly bringing necessary changes to give its young dental aspirants a high-quality education system. With the advancement in education theoretical and practical aspects, And the immense encouragement for the staff and students to stand by their values, the Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala can be said as one of the Best Dental Colleges in India.
|Name||Al-Azhar Dental College (AADC)|
|Address||Al-Azhar Campus, Perumpillichira,Thodupuzha, Kerala, 685581|
|Affiliated to||Kerala University of Health Science (KUHS) and MG University|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
To become a nationally recognised premier educational institution for their quality in Learning, Teaching, Researching and for keeping up the humanitarian principles.
- To groom each student to achieve their best in academic as well as social & personal success by giving them immense support to be good professionals And encouraging them to act on their beliefs.
- To achieve excellence in academics by giving the students the best experience through proper academic and clinical approaches.
- To become an understanding human being with social commitment, utmost compassion and empathy.
- To equip their students to adapt to the use of modern dental technologies and treatments, And give them practice through continuous dental education programmes.
- Last but not least, to spread awareness among the public about Oral health care and hygiene focusing on the ideology ‘Oral Health for Overall Health’.
Why choose Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala?
Supporting the academic needs of students with the best faculty, materials and state of art facilities is the main goal of Al-Azhar Dental College. Each and every faculty member in this college has excellent academic achievements and the best clinical & diagnostic track record. They always conduct Special Smart classes and group discussions. This makes teaching and learning even more advanced.
Moreover, the weak students are clubbed with smart students. This provides them with extra care which develops their ethical and moral values at such a young age. In other words, the students at Al-Azhar Dental College are not just prepared for the examinations. But also to improve their humanity and personality for the fast-paced real world.
Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Admission
Make sure you read all the details provided below very carefully:
- The guidelines by the Kerala University of Health Sciences are followed for admission to the BDS course.
For Online Process:
- The application form is available on the college website. The candidates can go to the website and submit the form after registering themselves.
- The printout of the application must be submitted, in person or by mail.
- You should submit all the documents required along with the form.
- Check the section below for the list of documents.
- As a registration fee, a draft of Rs.1,000 should be taken in favour of Al-Azhar Dental College.
For Offline Process:
- You can directly go to the college office and fill in the application form.
- In the office you should pay an application registration fee of Rs.1,000.
- Make sure to collect the receipt when you submit the form.
Once the application is completed:
- The college will publish the merit list considering the eligibility criteria.
- The students who are on the merit list should attend the counselling.
- KEAM will organise counselling. All selected candidates must attend all the counselling.
- Based on the ranks you have achieved, there will be different levels of counselling.
- Once the document verification is completed during the counselling.
- Once the seats are confirmed, You have to pay the first fee instalment.
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years old.
- Marks the candidate achieved play an important role in getting admission.
- You should pass the 12th (10+2) board exams successfully from any recognized Higher/Senior secondary educational board.
- The candidate must attend and qualify for the NEET-UG examination.
- In the NEET-UG examination, the candidate should score a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must have secured above 50% in the subjects biology, physics, chemistry, and English separately.
- For the reserved category, the candidates must obtain above 40% marks for the same.
- For locomotory disability, the candidate should score above 45% marks.
- Candidates who have a PG diploma in science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English are eligible.
- Also, Candidates with a B.Sc degree in any two of Physics, Chemistry, Botony/Zoology can apply for BDS at Al-Azhar Dental College.
- Mandatory counselling is conducted by UPDGM. The candidate should attend all the rounds.
- Marks sheet of SSLC/ 10th standard.
- Marks sheet of 12th standard.
- Ranklist / Admit card of NEET UG.
- NEET – UG Scorecard.
- Aadhar Card / Any Identity proof.
- Conduct a certificate from the previous institution the candidate attended.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate (Only for out-of-state candidates).
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Documents for special reservation (If any).
- Community certificate, if needed.
Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala Courses Offered
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Bachelor Of Dental Surgery can be said as one of the most wanted courses in the medical industry after MBBS. BDS is the undergraduate program you should pursue If you wish to build up your career in dental surgery and training. It is the only UG program recognized and approved in India in the field of oral healthcare.
The duration of this undergraduate course is five years. The entire course is divided into two parts. The first part is the four-year theory education and the second part is the compulsory rotatory internship. Once the exams are passed, the students are scheduled to attend internships in every department for a particular period. The curriculum for BDS is organized by DCI (Dental Council of India).
Departments in Al-Azhar Dental College:
- Oral Pathology.
- Oral medicine and Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
Fees Structure in Al-Azhar Dental College
Tuition Fees For BDS
The annual tuition fees for the course are divided into yearly settlements. Apart from the course fee, there are a few add-ons. A mandatory caution fee is refundable.
Other fee includes the hostel fee, Canteen fee, material fee and the University exam fee. The materials may or may not be provided by the college. If the college is providing the materials, you just have to pay for them Or purchase them yourself. To know about the correct amount of fees, contact the college directly using the email or contact number I have provided below.
Career Opportunities And Scope
Al-Azhar Dental College keeps up its education standards up to date. The college develops a very active learning environment in research activities and scientific aspects. Constant innovation of their system is considered very important as this will groom their students to achieve their best knowledge and skills and get ready for the modern world.
Dentistry is one of the growing fields in today’s society not only for oral health but also for its importance in the cosmetic Industry. Hence it opens the door to a large number of job opportunities. So, finding a career is not even a question as the college has a special placement cell. It helps their students in every possible way to pursue their dream job.
Some of the job opportunities :
- Dental Assistant.
- Lecturers in Dental Colleges.
- Private practitioners.
- Dental lab technician.
- Oral Pathologist.
- Jobs in Dental product manufacturing companies.
- Dental Surgeon.
- Jobs in Pharmaceutical companies.
- Dental Hygienist.
- Government jobs.
Ranking And Recognitions
- Salma P . P : Entered the Limca Book of Records for making the biggest portrait of Mahatma Gandhi using dental waste.
- Twincy Joesph: 2nd Rank in the examination conducted by KUHS in 2012.
- Betsy George: 4th Rank in the final BDS examination conducted by MG University.
- Shika Varkey : First Rank in the examination conducted by MG university in the year 2013.
- Nadira k. Rahman: 2nd rank in the final exam conducted by MG University in the year 2013.
Al-Azhar Dental College makes sure to help its students in boosting their creativity and productivity not only in academics but also in extracurricular activities. Helping their students to excel in all fields is considered important by the faculties.
Apart from the rank holders, More than 25 trophies have been awarded to Al-Azhar Dental College in Arts, Sports and Dental Conferences. A few of them are:
- Rolling Trophy in the overall championship, Dentfest 2011.
- 1st Prize in Debate, Interdentz’11.
- 1st Prize in Debate, Interdentz’12.
- Cultural Carnival, 6 Trophy.
- Overall Runnerup , Interdentz’12.
- First runner-up in Badminton and Basketball (Women), B-Zone Intercollegiate 2016-2017.
Al-Azhar Dental College has special care for the students who stay in the hostel. Since Providing a home-like atmosphere is very important. The college makes sure the students are comfortable and they have every facility they need, as they are living far from their homes. There are different hostels for boys and girls. Both of them are within the campus. All the rooms in the hostels are fully furnished. Facilities to make calls and TV facility is available in both hostels. Uninterrupted power supply, Generators, Unlimited WiFi etc are well maintained here.
The food is prepared separately for the hostel. And It is served in a very hygienic mess. There are small kiosks and portable water purifiers from place to place. Full-time ambulance service is available in case there is any emergency. The dispensary will be functioning in the evenings. Most importantly, 24×7 Security is sure without fail. Also, the gymnasium hall, Indoor and Outdoor game areas and ATMs are within the campus.
The library is stocked with many study materials. Textbooks, Journals, Old question papers from several universities across the country etc are available here. Which will make it easier for the students and the faculties to make notes and prepare for university exams. The library can accommodate above 200 students at the same time.
Apart from the hardcopies, there are several E-Books and E-Journals available. Several computers are installed in the library with unlimited Wi-Fi. Thus offering the students more options to improve their learning experience outside the classroom. Also, Scanners, Photocopy machines, and Stationery facilities are available here.
The cafeteria on the campus provides delicious and healthy food for the faculties and the students. You get both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food here. The food is prepared and served in a very hygienic environment. Special foods are served On special occasions. All types of refreshments including tea, coffee, soft drinks, ice cream and snacks are available here.
Transportation is a major issue the students and faculties would face when they travel from distant areas. Al-Azhar has it covered. Every college in the Al-Azhar campus has its own set of buses for pick up and drop off from anywhere around thodupuzha.
Several ATMs are installed within the campus. This makes banking easier for students and faculties. The ATMs work 24×7.
There are different research laboratories and clinics. All of them are facilitated with the most modern pieces of equipment. These facilities make the students understand better about their course. Students are allowed to do Individual research programs. And thus improving their knowledge and skill.
The Al-Azhar educational institutions have formed a special committee in order to protect the students from any uncomfortable activities that will take place on the campus.
The committee shall:
- Keep their eyes and ears open to make sure no such incidents happen.
- Ragging includes social, cultural, psychological or social disturbances upon a student.
- Deal with any sort of ragging if one of such occurs. And brought it to the attention of the authority and punish the guilty.
College life is the best chapter in everyone’s life. The student union plays an important role in making the best out of it. A student union is a group of students and faculties nominated by other students. The union work as a team and be the voice of students. Al-Azhar Dental College has a very active student union. The union organizes various extracurricular activities. Certainly, the faculties are very supportive of the students and provide the best supervision. Various Sports, Fests, Cultural activities, and academic activities etc. The members make sure everyone participates in the events to show their creativity and talents.
Students will go through hectic stress due to academics and examinations Or due to personal reasons. So, the students might need strong mental support apart from their friends and family. In such cases, we have our in-house student counsellor. The students can get their help any time they want. They are just one call away.
Educational camps are often organized by Al-Azhar Dental College. This not only improves the skills and knowledge But also helps the students to improve their communication skills, Humanity and compassion. The camps are set up in public centres or any rural area. The main goal of these camps is to give the public instructions about Oral hygiene and other dental issues.
Al-Azhar Dental College Alumni Association
Staying connected for a long time after the course completion is not easy. Since everyone will be busy with their own life or somehow they will lose contact. That is why Al-Azhar Dental College decided to develop the Alumni Association. The AADCAA maintained a good relationship between the present and past students of the college.
College Contact Details
- Address: Al-Azhar Campus, Perumpillichira, Thodupuzha, Kerala, 685581.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The details below show the distance to the Al-Azhar Dental College Kerala, from different public transportation hubs. Check this and choose whichever mode of transportation is the best for you.
- Thodupuzha KSRTC Bus stand: 3.8 Km.
- Nellikkavu Railway Junction: 5 km.
- Aluva Railway Station: 45 Km.
- Cochin International Airport: 44 Km.
It is a very stressful job to find the most promising college among many other colleges. The details I have provided above are collected personally by visiting the college and talking to the students & faculties. And also by checking the college website. If you have any doubts regarding the course or college, feel free to comment below. Or you can contact us via email or Phone call. I am more than happy to help you regarding the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Al-Azhar Dental College located?
Al-Azhar Dental College is located in Thodupuzha, a town in the district of Idukki. The place is famous for its scenic beauty.
2. Are there any extracurricular activities in Al-Azhar Dental College?
Apart from academic excellence, Al-Azhar Dental College has always supported its students and faculties in showing their creativity and productivity. They always conduct extracurricular activities like Sports, Fests and Art programs .
3. How is campus life in Al-Azhar Dental College?
The Al-Azhar Dental College is in a lovely green area. Which helps their students to feel refreshed and be more productive.
4. Is NEET mandatory in Al-Azhar Dental College?
Yes, the candidate should qualify for the NEET-UG examination to get admission to Al-Azhar Dental College.
5. Is Al-Azhar Dental College a private or a government?
Al-Azhar Dental College is a private college.
6. What are the courses available in Al-Azhar Dental College?
Al-Azhar Dental College offers BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) as of now. Hopefully, they will start MDS soon.
7. Does Al-Azhar Dental College have an active alumni association?
Al-Azhar Dental College considers its alumni as its greatest blessing. The college has a very lively alumni association.
8. Does Al-Azhar Dental College has a placement cell?
Yes, Al-Azhar Dental College has an efficient placement cell.
To the readers
If this article was helpful, Please share this with your friends and family. Also if you are a current student or an Alum, we really would appreciate it if you can write your views about the college. It will help other young dental aspirants to decide what’s best for them.