Dentists are professionals who look after oral health and hygiene. You must regularly visit them. Young people are getting cautious about their smiles and face. A beautiful smile reflects the whole personality of a person. Are you interested in knowing more about the teeth and mouth? If yes, then dental sciences are the course for you. Let’s know more about Christian Dental College Ludhiana.
Table of Contents
- Christian Dental College Overview
- Christian Dental College Admissions
- Christian Dental College Courses
- Christian Dental College Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Christian Dental College Overview
The college was founded in the year 1992. The pioneers behind the institution are Dr. A V Chowdhary, Dr. J L Joshi along with Rev Charles Reynolds. Its objective was to give training to young dental professionals, who are willing to work for the poor and needy, as missionaries for charity. It comes under BFUHS Faridkot and the courses are approved by the Dental Council of India.
|Name||Christian Dental College|
|Address||Brown Road, Ludhiana 141008.|
|Affiliated to||BFUHS Faridkot|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Christian Dental College Ludhiana aims to contribute towards the healthcare needs of the students and the community. It also aims to provide comprehensive services to the community, society as well as people from the Christian community.
The vision of the institution is to provide training to medical aspirants, in the field of advancement in the knowledge in medicine as well as research to make contributions to the health of the society in the towns, villages as well as communities.
Why study at Christian Dental College Ludhiana?
Christian Dental College Ludhiana is among the best college for dental sciences in Punjab. Some of the benefits of attending college include:
- It is among the premier institutions for dental and oral healthcare services.
- The College has a team of highly qualified, trained, and experienced faculties.
- Course syllabus is up to date with the latest developments in the field.
- Students are nurtured, trained, and given the knowledge to become professional dental surgeons.
- Aspirants are trained in upgrading their skills through knowledge, by giving the best possible treatments.
Christian Dental College Admissions
The admission procedure for the courses offered at Christian Dental College Ludhiana is given below:
- Step 1: Visit the admissions link.
- Step 2: You are required to fill in the application form with your details.
- Step 3: Once you finish the above steps, upload the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Pay your fees for the application in the given link.
- Step 5: After completing the steps above, keep a copy for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
BDS is a 5-year undergraduate program. If you are looking for admission to the course, then you must fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed the 12th Standard from a recognized institution.
- He/she should have studied subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with the English language separately.
- The combined score of the above subjects must be 50% for the General Category and 40% for the reserved category.
- Minimum age at the time of admissions must be 17 years and the maximum age must be around 25 years.
- Students must be residents of Punjab.
- Must have written and qualified in the NEET examination.
Documents required for BDS
You must bring along with you these documents in original during the time of admission:
- Admit Card and Scorecard of NEET.
- HSC Certificate (Date of Birth Proof).
- Class 12th Mark sheet.
- Class 11th Mark sheet.
- 11th and 12th Regular Study Certificate.
- Certificate for Migration from the board.
- For Punjab students, study certificates of 11th and 12th Standard.
- Certificate of Character from the Principal.
- Certificate of Behaviour from the Principal.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (For SC/ST/OBC students).
- 4 stamp-size photos.
- College Declaration.
- Anti-ragging certificate.
- Hostel Rules Affidavit.
- Proof of Parent’s name (as per 12th Mark sheet).
- Gap Certificate after 12th Standard.
- Tripartite Service Agreement with the body, Church, and CMC Ludhiana.
Christian Candidates in the minority category need to give:
- Church Membership Certificate.
- Baptism Certificate.
- Commitment Letter from the Body or Church of Ludhiana, which is signed by the authorized authority.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
MDS is a postgraduate-level course for 3 years. You must fulfill the eligibility to get admission to MDS:
- Must have passed BDS Course from an approved college or institution.
- He/she should have registered with the State Dental Council.
- Should have completed 1 year of internship on or before 31st July in the year of getting admissions.
- Must be qualified in the NEET examination.
Documents required for MDS
Documents required at the time of admission to MDS are:
- Admit card and scorecard of NEET MDS.
- Year-wise mark sheets of BDS.
- BDS Degree Certificate, provided by the DCI.
- Certificate of Internship.
- 10th Standard Certificate (Proof of Birth).
- Identity Proof such as Aadhar, PAN Card, Driving Licence, etc.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate (if applicable).
Christian Dental College Courses
Christian Dental College Ludhiana offers graduate and post-graduate level courses, including Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Master of Dental Surgery (MDS).
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is a 5-year program for undergraduate-level students. It is a professional course that is approved by the Dental Council of India. It includes 4 years of classroom studies, which is followed by 1 year of internship. The students are taught about the diagnosis, examination, and analysis of oral diseases and their treatments.
In 1992, the intake for the course was 20 students. Later, in the year 1998, it increased to 40 students. The Institution got affiliated with Baba Farid Health Sciences University, Faridkot in the year 1999.
Master of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery is a PG program for 3 years duration. It gives an in-depth understanding of the development of teeth, oral diseases, and their treatments. The course gives further insights into a deeper understanding of dental problems. Specializations that are offered are:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Prosthodontics, Crown, and Bridge.
- Pedodontia and Preventive Surgery.
Faculties are an integral part of any institution. Each faculty member is a dental professional, highly experienced as well as knowledgeable. They are present within the campus during the course time. It is their tremendous experience in the field which helps the students to become dental surgeons. The principal of the college is Dr. Abi M Thomas. The esteemed group of faculty members are:
|Name of the faculty||Designation|
|Dr. Namita Singh||Professor|
|Dr. Rajesh Kumar||Reader|
|Dr. Ruchika Kundra||Lecturer|
|Dr. Nitasha Gandhi||Professor|
|Dr. George Koshy||Professor|
|Dr. Kapil Krishan Dua||Professor|
|Dr. Shekhar Kapoor||Reader|
|Dr. Rajan Jairath||Professor and many more|
The institution makes students learn subjects through practical hands-on learning experiences. There are separate departments that are well-equipped with dental equipment. Practical classes are taken by the faculties. Some of the departments are:
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology.
- Prosthodontics, Crown, and Bridge.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Christian Dental College Fees
The fees structure for the different courses offered at Christian Dental College Ludhiana are:
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||INR 2.2 LPA|
|Master of Dental Surgery||INR 2.6 LPA|
- Hostel Fees for BDS are Rs 50,000 per year. These charges include electricity and mess charges.
- Accommodation for PG Students is provided at Rs 30,000 per year. The fees comprise of mess facility and electricity charges.
- The hostel is allotted after getting approval from the Office of the Registrar.
- The cafeteria provides subsidized food. Hostilities can avail of this facility using the cards issued by the Department of Dietary.
Postgraduate trainees get scholarships or stipends every month. The stipend which they get is given below:
|1ST year||Rs 46,000|
|2nd year||Rs 46,000|
|3rd year||Rs 46,000|
Placements & Scope
The placement department at the Christian Dental College Ludhiana looks after the placements and internships for the students. The duration of the internships is around 6 months to 1 year. Students are given certificates after completing their internship.
It also organizes activities such as seminars, conferences, workshops, and mock interviews. Experts are called from various fields to give insights into current happenings in the field of dental sciences. Students get placements in top government and private hospitals, clinics, research institutions, and so on.
Skills Learned During Internships
Some of the skills that the students learn during their internships are:
- Communication Skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Listening ability.
- Adaptable to the work environment.
Rankings & Recognitions
The institution is ranked among the top dental colleges in Ludhiana. It comes under Baba Farid Health University, Faridkot. The programs are recognized by the DCI. It has a good ranking because of its course curriculum, faculties, infrastructure as well as placements. The placements are given in top private institutions.
- It was ranked 18th in the NIRF Rankings 2020.
- The College was ranked 12th and also secured 7th position in the rankings given by The Week Magazine.
- In the ranking given by Outlook Magazine, the college got an overall ranking of 8th position and got 5th position among the private colleges in Ludhiana.
- In the India Today Best Colleges, the college was ranked 10th in the overall ranking and also placed 2nd amongst the private colleges.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Christian Dental College Ludhiana is located on Brown Road in Ludhiana. The city finds itself near the banks of the Sutlej river. It is around 100 km from New Delhi to the capital of Chandigarh. The lush, green, and landscaped campus provides the best atmosphere to stay and study. Facilities within the campus are:
Accommodation is given to both girls and boys in separate buildings. It is managed by the Warden. The College ensures a safe and secure environment for the hostilities. The hostel Mess is attached to the hostel. Vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is prepared by experienced chefs in modern and well-equipped kitchens. Student Council members help the warden in managing the hostels.
The library is the academic center of the institution. It has a collection of books covering topics such as dental materials, dental hygiene, specializations in dentistry, and required materials for national and foreign entrance examinations, etc. It has got an internet facility, access to journals, and a collection of magazines, CDs, and reference materials.
Christian Dental College Ludhiana has facilities for sports like basketball, football, volleyball, cricket, badminton, table tennis, chess, carom, etc. Students are encouraged to participate in tournaments held by the University.
The Student Council is an elected body of students who look after the affairs of the college. It acts as a bond between the administration and the student body. Interns get selected for posts like President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, etc. The College motivates students to be a part of the events, which take place every year.
Every student undergoes a period of extreme worry and distraction around the time of the admission exams. We are aware of this, which is why we offer services made especially for students trying to choose the college that best suits their interests. We’ll simplify the application process so you don’t have to deal with the inconvenience. To explore how we can assist you in choosing the Best Dental Colleges in India, get in touch with us as soon as possible.
College Contact Details
- Address: Brown Rd, CMC Campus, Ludhiana, Punjab 141008.
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 0161 211 5391.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. The Institution comes under which University?
The Institution comes under BFUHS, Faridkot.
2. Which courses does the college have?
The college has Bachelor of Dental Surgery BDS and Master of Dental Surgery MDS courses.
3. What is the duration of the BDS course?
The duration of the BDS course is 5 years.
4. Are the programs recognised?
Yes, the programs are recognised by the Indian Dental Council.
5. Does the college provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation.
6. How much time does it take to complete the MDS course?
It takes 3 years to complete the MDS course.
7. What are the specializations offered in MDS?
The specializations offered in MDS are Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Prosthodontics, Crown and Bridge and Pedodontia, and Preventive Dentistry.
8. Where is the college located?
The College is located at Brown Road, Ludhiana 141008.
If you’re seeking alternative dental colleges, you can also read our in-depth article below:
Take a moment
It gives me immense pleasure to know that you are going through our posts regularly. I hope you are finding the information that you are looking for. I would request you to write your views about the college in the box below. Your opinion can help the forthcoming dental surgeons. Thanks for your valuable time!