We’re glad you’re back on our blog series on management colleges. We recognize the hard work of students to choose the top management or business college to pursue their desired courses. So, we are publishing this blog series on management colleges to assist such students in finding their ideal match among the hundreds of management colleges in the nation. Let’s learn more about City College Jayanagar Bangalore in the content we have today. Keep reading to the end of the article for more information about the college for students.
Table of Contents
- City College Jayanagar Bangalore Overview
- City College Jayanagar Bangalore Admission
- City College Jayanagar Bangalore Courses Offered
- City College Jayanagar Bangalore Fee Structure
- Placement and Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
City College Jayanagar Bangalore Overview
City College Jayanagar was founded by Dr. KR Paramahamsa in the year 2001. The college is located at the heart of Bangalore and is connected with both public and private transport. The college is self-financed and possesses its own state-of-the-art infrastructure. Its modern amenities include a campus-wide Wi-Fi facility that provides students access to high-quality study materials such as e-books, journals, and other online resources. These educational resources can be utilized by students to enhance their professional skills.
The institution provides placement opportunities to students and other facilities to make students’ lives comfortable on campus. The institution strives hard to fulfill its commitment to impart high-quality education in subject matters such as Commerce, Computer Applications, Science, and Management Studies.
|Name||City College Jayanagar Bangalore|
|Address||No. 27/2, 33rd Cross, 2nd Main Rd, 7th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560082.|
|Affiliated to||Bengaluru University|
The vision of the institution is to give students excellent educational opportunities in an outstanding academic environment
The college works towards its mission to become the educational destination for quality education. The college aims to make its students, competent leaders, confident professionals, and responsible individuals who can cater to global standards.
Why Choose City College Jayanagar Bangalore?
- Committed and Experienced Faculty
The college has a highly qualified team of teachers and professors who have years of experience. The teachers give each student their attention and ensure their growth in every way possible. They follow a mentor system in order to provide every student with personalized feedback.
- 100% Placement Assistance
The college boasts a flawless placement record with a multitude of top-tier companies, both domestic and international, recruiting from its campus. Furthermore, the college’s placement cell motivates students to enhance not only their academic abilities but also their overall development, thereby increasing their chances of securing better employment opportunities.
- Friendly Administrative Staff
A college runs seamlessly when the administrative operations run smoothly, too. The administration consists of competent and friendly professionals who help students with any kind of issues that they might face during their stay on campus.
- Visionary Management
The management team of the college is visionaries and has the drive to revolutionize the education system of India. They all believe in giving only the best to the students. The college’s Vice-Chairperson, Mrs. K. Geetha Paramahamsa, has said, “We are all intrinsically bound to offer the best educational experience to all our students and create an ambiance of goodwill amongst all our student fraternity,” showcasing their dedication towards being the top educationists in the country.
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities
To help students become budding business owners, the college provides entrepreneurship opportunities that help build a strong entrepreneurial spirit within students. Workshops, seminars, programs, and internships are held to foster this spirit.
- Flexible Teaching Methodologies
The college believes in using innovative teaching methods in order to educate the students of the college. With audio-visual equipment and individualized focus on each student, they create a stimulating learning environment for them. Their pedagogy encourages students to think outside the box and learn through real-life scenarios.
- Strategic And International Tie-ups
Another reason to choose City College Jayanagar is its tie-ups with many corporate, associates, collaborators, and partners. These tie-ups help the college to keep pace with ever-changing industry requirements. The college has signed 32 Memorandums of Understanding to help students develop industry-specific skills. The college has also tied up with Rome Business School.
- Focus on Student Welfare
The college ensures the safety and well-being of students through its welfare committees and cells. The college has an anti-ragging cell, a women’s cell, sexual harassment cell, and a grievance cell.
City College Jayanagar Bangalore Admission
- Candidates who are eligible have to fill out an application form and upload the documents.
- Candidates have to attend an online test and a personal interview as a part of the selection process.
- During the admission process, consideration will be given to the marks obtained by candidates in their previous academic years.
- Candidate assessment is based on both academic accomplishments and co-curricular activities.
- The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, high competency in aptitude, logical problem-solving abilities, and proficiency in numerical analysis.
- While work experience is an added advantage, it is not a mandatory criterion for seeking admission. However, candidates with relevant work experience are given extra consideration during the selection process.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA, B.Com, and BCA
- To be able to apply for undergraduate courses provided by the college the candidates must secure 70% marks in the 12th class examinations.
- There is a special quota provided for students who excel in certain fields such as music, theatre, sports, etc. The eligible percentage for SC/ST or students belonging to the PWD category is 50%.
Documents Required for BBA
- 10th class Mark sheet (Original).
- 12th class Mark sheet (Original).
- Study Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate (Original).
- Photographs Of passport size (3) and stamp size(2).
- Aadhar Card (2 Photo Copies).
If you’re looking for an alternative college offering various UG Courses, you might want to check my detailed article on East West College of Ma
Eligibility Criteria for MBA and M.Sc in Computer Science
- The criteria to join the postgraduate course at the college is to secure 50% marks in a Bachelor’s degree of 3 Years from any University.
- For the SC/ST or students belonging to the PWD category the qualifying percentage is 45%.
Documents Required For M.Com and MBA
- 10th class Mark sheet (Original).
- 12th class Mark sheet (Original).
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (Original).
- Score Card of PGCET/CMAT/MAT/CAT (Original).
- Study Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate (Original).
- Photographs Of passport size (3) and stamp size(2).
Unable to meet the Eligibility Criteria for this college? You can also check out my detailed article on the next preferred BBA college for you – Global Institute of Management Sciences Bangalore.
City College Jayanagar Bangalore Courses Offered
|BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)||3 Years|
|BBA In Aviation||3 Years|
|BBA in Digital Marketing||3 Years|
|Bachelor Of Computer Applications (BCA)||3 Years|
|BCA With Cloud Computing||3 Years|
|BCA With Data Science||3 Years|
|B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)||3 Years|
|B.Com with Chartered Accountant||3 Years|
|B.Com Logistics||3 Years|
|B.Com Insurance||3 Years|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||2 Years|
|M.Sc in Computer Science||2 Years|
- Bachelor Of Business Administration (BBA)
The program is designed for students who aspire to learn about management. The pursuers of the course gain knowledge and skills in management and are recruited for managerial positions at various companies.
- BBA In Aviation
The students who take up this course will learn about travel, tourism, aviation, etc. They gain practical skills during the course work which helps them to get employed in the aviation sector.
- BBA in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is a booming field in the corporate sector. Students who desire to get a strong foundation in digital marketing can get themselves enrolled in this course. Topics such as SEO/SEM, social and web analytics, etc., are taught during the coursework.
- Bachelor Of Computer Applications (BCA)
This course helps students to get trained in subjects related to computer sciences. Students can gain knowledge about the designs, algorithms, and software during the course. Students who complete the course can get employed in Information Technology.
- BCA With Cloud Computing
The students who take up this course will learn about hosting services on the internet. This is an emerging field with high demand. Students undergo both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- BCA With Data Science
AI, Big Data, and IoT are emerging trends with huge demand in coming years. Students can learn about such topics in this course. They understand and learn about data science tools and statistical concepts.
- Bachelor Of Commerce (B.Com)
Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Commercial Law, Taxation, Business Environment, Economics, and similar topics are taught to students in this course. Students who also want to pursue higher studies such as CA/CS/MBA can take up this course.
- B.Com with Chartered Accountants
Students gain knowledge in accounting, taxation, and the process involved in them. Those who want to become Chartered accountants can also pursue this course.
- B.Com Logistics
Logistics is related to supply chain management and related issues. Students who complete this course can be recruited by companies in different departments such as the distribution, administrative, manufacturing, and retail sectors.
- B.Com Insurance
In this course, students will learn how to apply statistical and mathematical skills to analyze the finance and insurance sector.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
MBA courses are highly in demand among graduates who want to pursue higher education in management studies. Students develop a deep understanding of various functional areas related to management during this course. Students also gain research exposure in the form of seminars, workshops, conferences, attending development fairs and exhibitions, research survey paper presentations, and so on.
- M.Sc In Computer Science
Students who aspire to become software engineers can pursue this course. They learn how to develop and design software and acquire skills that are relevant to the present industry requirements.
The following value-added programs are available for each course studied at the college.
- MS Office.
- MS Excel.
- Digital marketing.
- Tally ERP.
- Data analytics.
- Six Sigma.
- Industrial visit.
- CSR activities.
- Lifestyle management.
- Outbound training.
- Management fest.
- Team building through sports.
- Job fairs.
Short-Term Certificate Courses
To fill the gap between the university curriculum and the industrial requirements the college offers short-term certificate courses, mentored by industry professionals, faculty, and industry experts. This helps students to add value to their resumes while applying for jobs.
The programs that are offered are
- Aptitude Test Training.
- Campus Recruitment Training.
- Data Analytics Using Python.
- Advanced Web Technology.
- Foreign Language Courses- French/Spanish/German/Italian.
- Digital Marketing Certified Courses.
- Tally With GST-Certified Course.
- Python Course.
- Productivity & Employability Skills Training.
- Training for NSE certification exams in Mutual Funds and DMAT.
- Certified Course in MS Excel and Advanced Excel.
- Certified Programme in GST.
- Sanskrit – Add On Course.
City College Jayanagar Bangalore Fee Structure
|BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration)||NA|
|BBA In Aviation||NA|
|BBA in Digital Marketing||NA|
|Bachelor Of Computer Applications (BCA)||NA|
|BCA With Cloud Computing||NA|
|BCA With Data Science||NA|
|B.Com (Bachelor Of Commerce)||NA|
|B.Com with Chartered Accountant||NA|
|MBA (Master Of Business Administration)||NA|
|M.Sc In Computer Science||NA|
City College Jayanagar’s fee structure includes the tuition fee and Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF). Students are bound to pay the fees during the process of admission. To help students who are meritorious but come from challenging backgrounds, the Paramahamsa Foundation Trust awards scholarships to 100 such students in order to help them in their academic pursuits.
|Course||Fee Waiver as per Marks scored|
|Any UG Course||75% fee waiver for scores over 85%|
|Any PG Course||100% fee waiver for scores over 95%|
Students who are facing financial difficulties and are unable to pay their full or partial tuition fees before the start of the academic semester may be eligible for the Tuition Fee Instalment Plan. This plan applies only to tuition fees and incurs a non-refundable administration fee of Rs. 10,000/- for PG admissions and Rs. 5000/- for PUC and UG admissions. To apply for the Instalment Plan, students must fill out specific Student Forms and, if approved by the management, are required to adhere to the Terms and Conditions outlined in the Instalment Plan Contract.
Placement and Scope
In terms of scope, the courses that come under management and commerce as well as computer applications offer worldwide exposure to some of the best companies of our time. You can become a project manager, branch manager, tax analyst, business analyst, data scientist, consultant, digital marketer, and so much more. The opportunities are endless.
To help guide students to find their dream job, the college has a placement cell. Year after year, many national and international companies from different fields like IT, ITES, Banking, Finance, Retail, E-commerce, Fintech, Real Estate, Automobile, Telecom, Electronics, and Entertainment have taken part in the college’s placement drives.
The cell offers 100% placement opportunities, industry interactions, internships, pre-placement talks, group discussions, mock tests, interviews, value-added courses, and career development programs.
Career Development Programs
The Career Development Program is for students who want to work in companies and meet potential employers. The program was made after studying what different companies need because each company wants different skills.
The program teaches students the skills they need and works with good training schools to help students stand out when applying for jobs and become more confident and improve their personalities.
They have also joined hands with other companies, partners, and collaborators to adapt to the changes happening in the business and industry world. They have made 32 agreements with these groups. The tie-ups prepare students for professional courses, civil service examinations, common entrance tests, specialized certification programs, entrepreneurial endeavors, and more.
The college placement cell focuses on quality and quantity. The training programs provided to the students include soft skill training sessions, technology imparting modules, and personality development sessions.
Top recruiters that have visited the college are:
- Larsen and Toubro.
- Aditya Birla Capital.
- Miles Education.
- Muthoot Finance.
- Axis Bank.
- Dream Gains.
- Matrix Exports.
- Tek Systems.
Awards and Achievements
- The college has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- They are also affiliated with Bangalore University, adding to its string of accolades.
- The college is also ISO certified.
- The college has a 100% placement record and has recruiters coming from top-tier domestic and international companies.
Yoga Or Dance Studio
As accepted universally Yoga is considered to be the most efficient way to upgrade physically and mentally. The college is establishing a state of art Yoga and dance studio for the sake of students.
The college has an advanced indoor sports complex where students participate in games such as chess, Football, Carrom, and others. Students also participate in inter-college sports meets. They have events like CCL, an intercollegiate cricket tournament as well as Pride C, which is an interclass sports tournament.
With a subscription to 48 periodicals and a volume of 15,000 books, the college library caters to the intellectual needs of both staff and students. There is an e-learning center on the campus that has a collection of E-journals, E-books, and AVs. The college also has a National Digital Library membership
The college has a computer lab that is connected to Wi-Fi. Students undergo training in various courses with the help of e-learning modules, in this lab.
Elevate- Incubation Center
- Under its Entrepreneurship Development Program, the college runs a start-up incubation center called Elevate, where students who have a knack for business can conceptualize and develop business models with the guidance of industry experts.
To help students cope with the pressures of their academic, professional, and/or personal lives, the college has a counseling center that is open to students at all times. Training psychologists have been hired to assist students in need.
The college believes that a student’s life on campus should be enriched in every way. To do so, the college has various clubs such as Book Club, Arts Club, Photography Club, Nature Club, and Debate Club.
The college organizes various events on campus to keep the college happening and lively. Some of the events include Ethnic Week, Science Fest, Alumni Meet, Open Mic, Rangleela, Masquerade Ball, and Ninad, which is their annual intercollegiate fest.
- Address: City College, No. 27/2, 33rd Cross, 2nd Main Rd, 7th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560082.
- Distance from:
- Kempegowda International Airport: 39.5 km (1hr 15 min).
- Nearest railway station: KSR Bengaluru City Junction (6.9 km, 25 min).
- Nearest bus stop: SRS Bus Depot (1.4 km, 5 min).
Top management schools provide tough courses and promising career opportunities, therefore many students seek to enroll in these programs. Among the tens of thousands of colleges across the nation, it might be challenging to spot the right institution. So, we contribute to this process by disseminating reliable and accurate content about management and business colleges across the country. Check out our earlier blog series to ensure that you get into the college of your dreams.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a library at the college?
Yes, the college has a library which has a volume of 15000 books.
2. Is the college affiliated and approved?
Yes, the college is affiliated with Bangalore University. It is approved by AICTE and certified by ISO.
3. Does the college offer a postgraduate course?
Yes, students are offered postgraduate courses such as MBA and M.Sc in Computer Science.
4. Does the college have an anti-ragging policy in place?
Yes, the college adheres to an anti-ragging policy.
5. Does the college have a placement cell?
Yes, the college has a placement cell in place.
6. Does the college host cultural events?
Yes, the college conducts various cultural and sports activities for students.
7. What is the address of City College Jayanagar Bangalore?
The address of the college is No. 27/2, 33rd Cross, 2nd Main Rd, 7th Block, Jayanagar, Bengaluru.
8. Does the college have a hostel facility?
No, City College Jayanagar does not provide students with hostel facilities.
Note to readers:
We appreciate you visiting our blog! Your comment is vital to our readers if you are a City College Jayanagar Bangalore alumni. So do tell us more about the university.