Pharmaceutical industry deals with the manufacturing of drugs and medicines, for the diseases caused by viruses, bacteria and pathogens. The development of the drugs goes simultaneously, with the treatment of diseases. It is among the essential sectors worldwide. Pharmacy course is a popular course for medical aspirants. Courses in pharmacy deals with development of drugs, clinical trials and looking after the patients. The best pharmacy colleges in Bangalore offer pharmacy courses, one of them is Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Overview
- Admission Requirements
- Courses Offered
- Dayanand Sagar Pharmacy College Fees
- Placements & Career Scope
- Rankings & Achievements
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Overview
Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore was established in the year 1991.The institution comes under the Dayananda Sagar University. It is a private college, which is committed to making learned, skilled and highly competitive professionals for the healthcare industry.
|Dayanand Sagar College of Pharmacy
|Dayanand Sagar University, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CD Sagar Building, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy layout, Bangalore 560078
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
|Pharmacy Council of India/ AICTE
|Both Boys and Girls
The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. The courses offered are approved by the Pharmacy Council of India. It offers undergraduate (B. Pharm, Pharm. D) and postgraduate (M. Pharm) across various specialisations as well as Doctoral programs.
It is located at Dayanand Sagar University, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, CD Sagar Building, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore 560078.
The Dean of the college is Dr. V. Murugan. The faculty are involved very actively in various research activities, organising seminars, conferences and workshops and also helping the students to get exposure to the recent developments in the relevant fields.
Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore provides excellent infrastructure facilities and highly qualified faculty members. There are modernised laboratories, a machine room and a well maintained medicinal garden.
The salient features of Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore are:
- The College of Pharmaceutical Sciences offers graduate and post graduate programs which are approved by the AICTE and the Pharmacy Council of India.
- State-of-art infrastructural facilities with a study environment with experienced faculties and modernised equipment.
- Research on subjects such as Pharmacology, Chemistry of natural products as well as the Study of Synthetic Drugs in its pure form, formulation, drugs delivery and the practice of pharmacy.
- During the vacations, all the students are encouraged to work at Pharmaceutical Industries and also practice community pharmacy.
- M. Pharm helps the students by providing a platform to work in Discovery of Drugs and development, Clinical Trials, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Registration of the Products, Marketing and Research and Academics.
- The Pharmacy Department of Dayanand Sagar College of Pharmacy is attached to the Sagar Hospitals, Bangalore.
Admissions to the courses offered at the college are done through DSAT 2022. The details about the examination are mentioned on the website of the college. The procedure for applying to the courses are:
Step 1: Register yourself by clicking on the “Admissions” tab at the college website.
Step 2: Verify your phone number.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with your correct information.
Step 4: Once you have filled the form, download the completed application for future reference.
Step 5: You are required to pay the application fees.
Step 6: Upload your documents for identification and verification of your identity.
Eligibility for UG (B Pharm and Pharm D)
Pharm is an undergraduate course for 4 years.
- Candidates must have passed 12th Standard with Physics, Chemistry, English with Maths or Biotechnology or Computer Science or Biology as the optional subject.
- Must have obtained a minimum of 40% as the aggregate score.
- For getting lateral entry, Diploma in Pharmacy is needed from an institution which is recognised by the Pharmacy Council of India.
Pharm. D course is for a duration of 6 years.
- Must have passed 12th Standard with Physics, Chemistry and English language with Maths or Biology as the optional subjects
- Must have completed D. Pharm or any other examination which is equivalent and also recognized by the Pharmacy Council of India.
Eligibility for M Pharm
M Pharm or Master in Pharmacy is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. The eligibility criteria for M. Pharm admissions are:
- Candidates should have passed B. Pharm from any institution which is recognised by the Pharmacy Council of India.
- The minimum aggregate marks must be 50%.
Documents Required for UG
The documents required for admissions to the UG courses (D. Pharm, B. Pharm and Pharm. D) are:
- PUC/12th Mark sheets.
- Date of Birth/ 10th Certificate/ SSLC Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate (For Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Eligibility Certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Passport size photos-3.
Documents Required for PG
Documents required for admissions to M. Pharm are:
- Year wise Mark Sheets of B. Pharm.
- Letter of Practical Training.
- B. Pharm Degree Certificate (If not available, then Provisional Certificate).
- Certificate for Date of Birth Proof.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Council Registration Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate to be obtained from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Passport size Photos-4.
Important Admission Dates for Karnataka CET 2022
|Application Form Opening Date
|18 April 2022
|Application Date Closing Date
|5 May 2022
|Last date for paying the application fees
|6 May 2022
|Re-start of the application forms
|11 June 2022 -13 June 2022
|Editing of the Applications
|21 May 2022-24 May 2022
|Submission of the special category certificates
|2 June 2022-8 June 2022
|Admit Card Issuing Date
|2 June 2022
|KCET 2022 Examination Dates
|16,17 and 18 June 2022
Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore offers courses for the undergraduate and the postgraduate levels. The courses offered are:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm).
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D).
- Master in Pharmacy (M. Pharm).
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm)
B Pharm is a 4 years long bachelor’s program which aims to impart knowledge and provide information on subjects like pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmaceuticals, and pharmacology etc. The students learn about the basic aspects of synthesis, formulating and analysing of herbal medicinal agents, pharmacological screening, standardization and the screening of drugs.
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D)
Pharm D or Doctor of Pharmacy is a course for 6 years duration that can be pursued after completing the 12th Standard with the purpose of meeting the expectations and needs of the patients and the health community worldwide.
The department covers the aspects of the patient care services such as participation in the ward round, adverse drug reaction reporting, drug interactions, patient counselling, drugs and information on poison, research and clinical intervention.
Master in Pharmacy (M Pharm)
M. Pharm is a postgraduate course for a duration of 2 years. The specialisations offered are:
Pharmaceutics studies the aspects of the delivery of drugs and helps to understand the aspects of drug formulation, disposing, delivery and also providing the clinical responses. It mainly involves designing, development and development of the drugs.
Pharmacology uses the information from various branches of science such as cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology as well as genetics to treat the diseases. It allows different perspectives to study the effects of drugs and also help in improving them.
Faculties play an important part in the life of the students. They play multiple roles as educationists, researchers and professionals from various backgrounds and areas of interest. The faculty members at Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore are:
- Dr. B. Wilson – Professor and HOD.
- Dr. Geetha KM – Professor and HOD.
- Dr. K. V. Ramanath – Professor and HOD.
- Dr. P. Sivakami Sundari – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Kalpana Divekar – Professor.
- Dr. J. Josephine Leno – Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Manjula D – Assistant Professor.
Dayanand Sagar Pharmacy College Fees
The fees structure for the various courses at Dayanand Sagar College of Pharmacy are:
|Fees Per Year
Payment Method Options: The payment of the college fees can be done in different ways like Demand Draft, Cheques, NEFT Transfer, Net Banking and Online Payments through UPI. You can opt for any of the fees payment methods as per your convenience.
Scholarships: Scholarships are given to those students who are meritorious in academics and to those who require financial assistance. It is given to boost their self-confidence and also encourage them to achieve in life.
Educational Loans: Educational loans facility can be availed from the banks which are having tie-up with the college. You can get easy installment facilities for the repayment of loans.
The hostel fees for the academic year is:
|Hostel Rent and Establishment (Fixed and Non-refundable)
|Mess Food Charges and Establishment (Fixed and Non-refundable)
|One time deposit (Refundable)
|Total Hostel Fees (Annual)
Placements & Career Scope
Centre for Innovation and Leadership was founded in the year 2006, in order to bridge the gap between academics and the corporate sector. The centre aims to impart training programs, in order to help students to become leaders and show high levels of performance in the organizations.
For bringing out the potential in the students, the centre with its team of academicians, coaches, mentors along with the corporates help to design the training programmes. It helps them in exploring the potential of the students. The training programmes are:
- Soft Skills.
- Resume Building.
- Pre Placement Training.
|Eli-Lilly India Ltd
|Pasteur India Ltd
Rankings & Achievements
Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore is ranked among the top colleges for pharmacy courses. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. The courses are approved by AICTE and the Pharmacy Council of India.
- Leading and Most Trusted College of the Year 2021.
- Best Emerging Group of Institutions by The Week magazine.
- Awarded A+++ category for the college.
- In IIRF 2022,the College was ranked 4th in the State and 4th Rank in the South Zone.
- 5 star rating for Teaching Excellence and Research Excellence given by KSURF.
Dayanand Sagar Group of Institutions is committed to providing global education to its students and to help them become leaders of tomorrow. It has over 5 campuses, which provide education to over 17,000 young students. Besides having excellent faculties, they have been provided with state of the art infrastructural facilities. The facilities are:
- Hostels: There is separate hostel accommodation provided for the boys and girls. The rooms are allotted to the students by the warden. Each room is fully furnished with the necessary amenities. Strict rules and regulations need to be followed in the hostel.
- Hostel Mess: Hostel Mess is compulsory for the students residing in the hostels. Students come to have their meals in the dining hall. The kitchen is well equipped, modernized and clean, where different varieties of food are prepared.
- Library: Library is a place that provides a good learning environment for the students. It has 1670 titles of books, 7928 volumes, 24 national and international journals, 14 Newspapers, 31 Magazines and 301 e-books. It has a reading room where the students and faculty members can read quietly.
- Conference Hall: Dayanand Sagar College of Pharmacy has a separate conference hall inside the college premises. It is modernised and well equipped with projectors, sliding screens, OHP etc. Seminars, workshops, guest lectures and cultural activities take place every year.
- Sports Activities: The institution believes that physical and mental well-being are important for the personality development of the students. Outdoor games facilities such as cricket ground, volleyball court, basketball court, badminton and lawn tennis court are present within campus. Yoga centres and gym facilities are provided in the hostels. Students are encouraged to participate in state and national level tournaments.
College Contact Details
Address: Shavige Malleshwara Hills, 95th Cross Rd, 1st Stage, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560078.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: 080-46461800.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which institution is Dayanand Sagar College of Pharmacy affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
2. What are the courses offered by the college?
The college offers undergraduate courses B. Pharm, Pharm D and postgraduate course M. Pharm.
3. Where is the college located?
The college is located at CD Sagar Building, Shavige Malleshwara Hills, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bangalore.
4. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by the Pharmacy Council of India and AICTE.
5. What is the eligibility criteria for M.Pharm?
You must have completed B. Pharm with 50% aggregate marks from any college or institution which is recognised by the Pharmacy Council of India.
6. Are placements provided for the students?
Yes, placements are provided for the students.
7. Are hostel fees charged separately from the college fees?
Yes, the hostel fees are charged separately from the college fees.
8. How much time does it take to finish the B. Pharm course?
It takes 4 years to finish the B. Pharm course.
You can also checkout the link below if you are looking for another pharmacy college:
Take a Moment:
You readers are the driving force of our blogs. If you are a student currently studying at Dayananda Sagar Pharmacy College Bangalore or a senior pass out, you can help your junior pharmacists by writing a review about the institution in the comment section below.