Hi everyone, and welcome back again! It’s always good to see you here. Students are confused and lost when it comes to short-listing the Top Dental Colleges in the Country to attend. We are providing you with all the needed information regarding dental colleges in India. This will help you to analyze and make a rational choice while opting for the best dental college in the country! DY Patil Dental School Pune imparts the best dental education to students and helps them progress academically, physically, and mentally.
They are trained to take up jobs after the graduate course and provide dental health care for the needy. This blog post provides you with a comprehensive overview of the courses, admissions processes, campus life, amenities, fee structure, etc., that the college has to offer.
Table of Contents
- DY Patil Dental School Pune Overview
- DY Patil Dental School Pune Admission
- DY Patil Dental School Pune Courses Offered
- DY Patil Dental School Pune Fees Structure
- Placement And Scope
- Awards and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
DY Patil Dental School Pune Overview
DY Patil Dental School Pune is a part of the DY Patil Group of educational institutions. Affiliated to the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, the college is recognized by the Dental Council of India.
The college offers both Bachelor of Dental sciences (BDS) and Master of Dental Sciences (MDS) courses to students aiming to pursue dentistry. The faculty at the college are pioneers in their fields and help in shaping the students into dental health professionals.
|Name||DY Patil Dental School|
|Address||Dr. DY Patil Dental School, Dr. D Y Patil Knowledge City, Charoli Budruk, via Lohegaon, Pune 412 105.|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences|
|Recognized by||Dental Council of India|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Provided for both boys and girls|
To educate the current generation on oral hygiene and impart skills in advanced procedures. The college also aims to orient students in scientific research in dental sciences to contribute to human welfare.
The vision of the college is to pioneer dental education, research, and patient care at regional as well as global levels.
Why Choose DY Patil Dental School Pune?
- Scientific Committee
The college has a scientific committee that organizes events annually. Students actively take part in these events.
- Extra Curricular Activities
Students participate in activities such as National Service Scheme (NSS), annual cultural events, and sports events, making life on campus holistic.
The college has an outstanding infrastructure with laboratories, an auditorium, and lecture halls. The sports ground is huge and maintained well for students’ physical activities.
- Safety of Students
The college is always under surveillance by an anti-ragging committee. The committee is constituted to prevent any ragging activities on the college premises. Apart from this, there is 24/7 CCTV surveillance to secure the safety of the students.
DY Patil Dental School Pune Admission
|Bachelor Of Dental Surgery (BDS)||100|
|Master Of Dental Surgery (MDS)||08|
Departments offering Specializations for MDS
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||03|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics||03|
- Candidates who wish to enroll in the BDS program at DY Patil Dental School must take the NEET examination during the academic year in which they choose to enroll in the institution.
- After the merit scorecard is released, the students are required to fill out an online preference form to be considered for admission into the college.
- All the required documentation of the candidate will be verified during the counselling process and the eligible candidates are offered seats.
BDS Eligibility Criteria
- One of the primary DY Patil Dental School Pune Cut-off Criteria is that the applicant must pass their 12th grade with Science as a subject from a college recognized by the board.
- The applicant who hopes to enroll in college must qualify for the NEET examination.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- NEET Admit Card.
- Nationality Certificate and Age Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- 10th Grade Passing Certificate.
- 10th Grade Mark Sheet.
- 12th Grade Passing Certificate.
- 12th Grade Mark Sheet.
- Certificate of Migration.
- NEET Marks Statement.
- Caste Certificate.
- Validity Certificate.
- Non-creamy Layer Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Gap Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Bank Pass Book for reserved category (Samaj Kalyan Samiti & EBC).
- 10 Passport-size photos.
MDS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from an accredited university or board.
- They must also pass the NEET-PG examination with a merit score.
Documents Required For MDS Admission
- Nationality certificate.
- Date of birth certificate.
- SSC passing certificate.
- BDS marks card (all four years).
- BDS degree certificate.
- Provisional certificate, if applicable.
- State Council Registration certificate.
- SC/ST certificate, if applicable.
- Caste validity certificate, if applicable.
- Gap-year certificate, if applicable.
- Migration certificate, if applicable.
- Transfer certificate.
- Fitness certificate.
- Aadhar card.
- 10 recent passport-sized photographs.
DY Patil Dental School Pune Courses Offered
|BDS||4 years + 1-year rotatory internship = 5 years|
The BDS course is the only Dental Council of India recognized course which is pursued by students who aspire to become dentists. It is a 4-year long course with a 1-year rotatory internship.
The MDS is a postgraduate course pursued by BDS graduates for 3 years. They learn various surgical skills and gain clinical experience during the course. Here are the departments that offer MDS specialization for students.
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
The department is involved in providing restoring dental care. Students learn procedures such as bleaching and Laminates in this department.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
In this department, students are taught about corrective procedures to deal with malpositioned teeth and jaws.
- Paediatric Dentistry
This department is concerned with child oral health care. Students are made to learn the procedures involved in child dental treatments. Restorative procedures and oral cleaning procedures are taught to students.
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics|
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics|
DY Patil Dental School Pune Fees Structure
The fee structure of the dental college plays a huge role in students’ enrollment into a college. However, the fees need not always be a barrier to getting a quality education from the college of your dreams. Because premier institutes such as the DY Patil Dental School in Pune provide students access to various payment options from its partner bank.
While at the same time, it enables others to get academic or need-based scholarships based on their DY Patil Dental School Pune fees for the year 2021-2022 as given below:
|Course||Fees Structure (Per Year)|
BDS fee structure for reserved categories
|Category||Fees (Per Year)|
The students should also pay DY Patil Dental College Pune Hostel fees which they can enquire about by calling the college authorities. You can ask them about financial assistance programs and scholarship opportunities. Feel free to contact us, we’ll guide you the best we can!
Placement And Scope
Higher degrees are available for students who desire to pursue further education such as Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) and Ph.D. Those who are inclined toward research and are brilliant when it comes to analytical skills can opt for a Ph.D. Those who want to shift their career path can pursue degrees such as MBA or Masters in Public Health Science.
There are also career opportunities available for BDS graduates that will offer decent remuneration. So, one can choose from the following list of career choices after pursuing a BDS course:
- Research Associate.
- Set up a Clinical practice.
- Government Dental doctor.
- Dental Cosmetic Surgeon.
- Blogging on Dental Health and Remedies.
- Forensic Dental Associate.
- Dental Health Insurance Agent.
- Teaching Faculty.
Many choose DY Patil Dental School Pune for pursuing dental sciences courses, as the college is known for its infrastructure, experienced teaching faculty, and non-academic programs it offers. Students get exposure to the clinical treatment of patients and are trained as professional dental healthcare providers.
Events by the Scientific Community, NSS activities, and cultural events are organized on campus which gives students a holistic approach to life. They are imparted with authentic knowledge through practical sessions making them well-versed in equipment handling. All this makes students confident about taking up professional roles in the future.
BDS Graduates can apply for jobs at companies such as Manipal hospitals, Smile Care Dental Clinic, Apollo, Fortis, and Manipal hospitals. Securing a job in these companies is both financially and professionally rewarding.
Awards and Achievements
The achievements and awards of the faculty and students speak much about the college’s academic and non-academic excellence. Many students of the college have participated in various competitions and have achieved awards. Here is a short list of such recent achievements.
- Dr. Deepak Nagpal, HOD of the Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology has achieved FAIMER Fellowship.
- Dr. Anagha Shete was awarded 1st prize in the Scientific Paper Presentation organized at the National Conference.
- Dr. Rucha Diwakar Gore, Asst. Professor of Oral Pathology and Microbiology laboratory was awarded the Young Researcher Award 2021.
- Abhijeet of 3rd year has won the Best Poster Award at the event of 57th Maharashtra State Dental Conference, 2018.
- Parag Mahale, a 3rd BDS student has won the Best Poster Award at the event of the 57th Maharashtra State Dental Conference.
Campus facilities are also criteria for students to get admitted into a college. Here are a few facilities offered by DY Patil Dental School Pune:
Students often visit the Central Library on campus to refer to multiple standard books and research journals. The volume of books in the library help students improve their knowledge and understanding of dental subjects. The library offers seating arrangements and a peaceful environment for students to study for long hours.
Most of the academic events and cultural events take place in the Auditorium. The facilities at the auditorium are decent enough to organize events such as symposia, seminars, and guest lectures. It is a huge hall and can accommodate up to 200 members at once.
DY Patil Dental School has state of art sports infrastructure for students to participate in sports activities that will help them develop physically and bring mental stability. The campus features a swimming pool for races, Tennis and badminton courts, and basketball and football grounds. The students practice these sports daily and win the competition on behalf of the college.
The students participate in refreshment activities in the cafeteria. The outlet provides eatables as well as drinks for faculty, students, hostellers, and other staff. The Eat Right food court on the campus offers healthy and hygienic food for students at significantly lower prices.
A cafeteria is also a place that sees most of the social interaction among students from different states and cultures. It facilitates building strong social bonds among students irrespective of backgrounds and cultures.
The college has a hostel facility where students live in harmony. They discuss new ideas and share their thoughts with individuals who could give them direction. A hostel is a place where students develop a sense of individuality and identity. Also, cultural inclusivity is developed in Hostel as well as students learn how to collaborate to achieve common goals.
The college has wifi facilities offered to the students and faculty while on campus to access online resources and prepare presentations.
The college also has a medical facility to attend to medical emergencies on campus.
College Contact Details
- Address: Dr. D Y Patil Dental School, Dr. D Y Patil Knowledge City, Charoli Budruk, via Lohegaon, Pune 412 105.
- Email Id: email@example.com.
The country is now home to hundreds of dental colleges and students find it difficult to choose the best dental college for themselves. They cannot decide fast, delaying the process and missing out on admission seats in the desired college. By taking expert advice who are well aware of what a college offers, students can make rational choices when deciding on dental colleges. We have experts who provide you with all the reliable information to help you join the best college. So, if you want to fasten your admission process, reach out to our experts without any delay.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are the hostels at DY Patil Dental School Pune?
The hotels are well-maintained by the hotel staff with a 24/7 surveillance system.
2. Does the college offer an MDS course?
No, the DY Patil Dental School Pune does not offer a Postgraduate Course.
3. Does the College have an Anti-Ragging Committee?
Yes, there is an Anti-Ragging Committee in place to check any ragging activities on campus.
4. Do students participate in Sports Activities on campus?
Yes, there are courts and swimming pools for students to participate in a variety of sports activities such as badminton, basketball, football, etc.,
5. Is the College Safe ?
The College Security is ensured by a 24/7 surveillance system and students find the campus Safe and Secure.
6. Is NEET admit card required for verification during the counseling process?
Yes, the NEET admit card is a mandatory document to be submitted by the student.
7. Are the laboratories on the campus well-equipped?
The laboratories have advanced infrastructure and equipment to deal with dental surgeries and procedures.
8. What is life like at DY Patil Dental school?
With regular academic and non-academic activities, students find themselves busy during college life.
Note to readers:
It would be helpful for the online community if you provide more information concerning the admission process, campus, and courses in the comment sections. It would enrich the prevailing information, as well as help students make rational choices based on true inputs.
Please provide any additional information regarding the application and admissions process, the campus, or the courses in the comments so that it can help the applicants to get a better perspective of joining the college.