Here’s all the information that you need to familiarize yourself with the best dental institutions in India. It gives me a tremendous amount of joy to know that you appreciate my blogs and are sharing them with your web of family and friends. With admission processes beginning in most colleges, I understand that now is the period to decide which course and the university will be best for you. We have a team of professional guides that will assist you at every step of the admissions process. Now, let’s quickly go through a little bit about Gian Sagar Dental College (GSD College & Hospital).
Table of Contents
- Gian Sagar Dental College Overview
- Admissions at Gian Sagar Dental College
- Course And Departments
- Gian Sagar Dental College Fee Structure
- Career Opportunities & Scope
- Ranking & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Gian Sagar Dental College Overview
An organization founded in 2007, the institution is dedicated to providing the best possible dental education so that graduates may treat any dental condition with utmost precision and accuracy irrespective of a rural or urban setting. The college is affiliated with the Baba Farid University of Health Science and approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC). Furthermore, the institution aspires to produce dental graduates of exceptional quality and to foster a spirit of devotion.
|Name||GS Medical College & Hospital|
|Address||Ram Nagar Village, Rajpura, Patiala|
|Principal||Dr Kamaljit Singh|
|Affiliated To||Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS), Faridkot|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
- The institution features first-class teaching personnel, a fantastic research environment, library centres, and a commitment to producing dental graduates of exceptional performance and cultivating a spirit of dedication. The college is equipped with modern facilities to provide first-rate education in all fields of Dental Sciences.
- GS Dental College and Hospital provides tremendous support to students in terms of counselling, healthcare, and other technical issues. The college provides a balanced ratio of well-trained and highly educated faculty members and they are equipped with modern technology.
- The college has a good number of non-technical staff to make sure that the students have the perfect ambience of self-learning as the faculty at the college is responsible for contributing to the standards of medical education in the institute.
Vision: The vision of GS Dental College and Hospital is to make sure that they offer the best health care services with competent professionals through adopting ethical practices with high-end technology to make sure that patient care with a human touch at the best possible rate.
Mission: The mission of GS Dental College and Hospital is to achieve the highest rate of satisfaction from students and patients by practising a student/patient-centric approach to become the most preferred institute of healthcare service providers.
Why Choose Gian Sagar Dental College?
This facility has grown in prominence for delivering the best oral health care in Karnataka. Some of the outstanding amenities that distinguish this college are
A Safe Space For Students
Since its inception, GS Dental College and Hospital is known to maintain its unfiltered reputation as one of the safest spaces for students to interact and exchange. Having a non-teaching staff, being student-friendly to having security personnel employed throughout the hostel premises make GS Dental College and Hospital a one-of-a-kind institute in India.
To provide education that is complementary to global standards, the institution harbours a large library with books based on the field of medicine and dentistry. At any given moment, pupils and faculty members can sit in the library since the library is well furnished and air-conditioned. The college has laboratories and dental clinics where students may put their theoretical knowledge into practice.
To deter ragging, there is a separate housing facility for BDS first-year students. To further the idea of a safe space, “Say No To Ragging” signs are put in all conspicuous sections of the campus. An anti-ragging meeting is held for students to raise awareness that ragging other pupils are punitive and illegal.
Field-specific Awareness Camps
The organization raises awareness about dentistry by holding Dental Screening camps in and around Faridkot and nearby villages, schools, companies, old age homes, and hospitals in collaboration with students. The college provides free dentures to senior citizens of the country as part of the Government of Punjab’s Danta Bhagya Yojana.
GS Dental College and Hospital offers several facilities to their students such as an auditorium, hostel, blood bank, dental hospital, OPD, laboratory, cafeteria, sports, and computer labs, to name a few.
Admissions at Gian Sagar Dental College
On 12 acres of land near Faridkot, the institution has facilities as per the prerequisites set by the Dental Council of India, New Delhi norms. The college is affiliated with Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) and is approved by the Dental Council of India in New Delhi.
- Candidates must have a valid NEET rank.
- Candidates are asked to get an Eligibility Certificate from RGUHS in Bengaluru.
|Courses Offered||Duration||Total Number of Seats Available|
|BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)||5 years of the classroom program and a one-year program of compulsory rotating internship||100|
Provisional Distribution of Seats
|Category||Govt Quota||Management Quota|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||12||13|
|Backward Class (BC)||2||2|
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in the PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology combined) stream. For other categories, the minimum requirements along the lines of the same criterion are:
- OBC/SC/ST – 40%
- PWD – 45%
- The candidate must have passed English as a mandatory subject.
- The candidate must be 17 years old at the time of admission.
- Students who belong to ST/SC/OBC category are required to obtain marks that are equivalent to at least the 40th percentile that should be considered for the AIQ and state counselling process.
- Admissions to GS Dental College and Hospital for the BDS program are entirely dependent on the NEET score. To be eligible for admission, students must score the examination cut-off.
- Students must qualify for the entrance examination and the interviews conducted by the college.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to filling out the application form for GS Dental College:
- Log on to the official website of Gian Sagar Dental College to start the registration process.
- During the time of the application, you must select the desired degree that you wish to pursue as required for admission into the courses for all the programs.
- Post this, you will have to register and fill in all the required details such as name, email, contact details, and city. Fill this information in the registration columns on the homepage of the website.
- Select the discipline and the program that interests you.
- Once the required information is filled in, it is mandatory for all candidates to complete their profile after logging in with the user ID and password sent through email and SMS.
- Once the registration is complete, the student receives a confirmation email and SMS for successful registration on their registered number and email address.
- Admission fees once paid are not refundable. In any case wherein the candidate wants to revoke their admission and leave the institution midway, he/she is liable to pay the entire fee for the course of study.
Documents Required for Admission
Here is the list of standard papers that are necessary for admission to the BDS program
- Punjab Residence Certificate.
- Receipt of Provisional Tuition Fees for the first year.
- Bank draft of other charges in the favour of the principal of the college.
- Allotment letter from BFUHS.
- PMET admit card.
- PMET result card/printout.
- Certificate of Class X and Class XII.
- Certificate showing detailed marks of Class X and Class XII.
- Matriculation certificate showing the date of birth of the candidate.
- Character certificate.
- Exemption Certificate, applicable as per 4D, in the case, studied outside of Punjab.
- Migration Certification, if you passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Board/University other than Punjab School Education Board.
- Affidavit of gap years in studies (if applicable).
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Surety Bank/Board Guarantee of balance fee. This needs to be submitted at the time of selection/admission.
- 10 unattested copies of passport-size photographs.
- Five unattested copies of stamp size photograph.
- Undertaking affidavit for ragging.
Course And Departments
Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS)
The courses concerning the BDS program are being facilitated by the following departments.
- The college faculty is famous for the degree of individual attention that each student is privileged to have.
- In line with the standards set by the DCI and the university strictures that the college is affiliated with, necessary infrastructure with extensive laboratory equipment facilities are provided to the students.
The course-curriculum standard is comparable to the Top BDS Schools in India. According to DCI standards, Gian Sagar Dental College has an elaborate scheme of course curriculum for their Undergraduate students that includes Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, ECE, Community Medicine, AETCOM, and Sports & Extracurricular Activities. Dental subjects may be covered in detail with special adherence to the DCI syllabus.
|Subject||Lecturer Hours||SGD/Practical Hours/Tutorial/
|Early Clinical Exposure (ECE)|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology, and Oral History||105||250||–||355|
|AETCOM, Ethics and Communication Module||–||26||8||34|
|Sports & Extra Curricular Activities||–||–||–||60|
Master of Dental Sciences (MDS)
To pursue a Master’s degree in dental sciences means that you need to choose a specialization subject. Post the three-year course, you will be a verified dentist to perform and practice dentistry anywhere in the country.
In addition, the following table also describes the MDS courses offered by Gian Sagar Dental College and Hospitals that are divided efficiently into the following departments:
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||
|Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge||
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||
|Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry||
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||
|Public Health Dentistry||
Gian Sagar Dental College Fee Structure
- The tuition fee to pursue a BDS or an MDS degree at GS Dental College is not fixed. At the time of admission, the tuition fee will be either intimated while you will be at the cashier’s desk or will be mentioned in the admission prospectus. Though the fee is not fixed, we are giving you an estimate of what you can expect.
- You can choose to pay the entire amount of fees in advance right before the start of the academic year.
- A minimum weekly fine of Rs. 500 will be added to the fee amount after the due date if the candidate fails to pay the fee on time. In exceptional circumstances, the management can remove your candidacy from attending classroom sessions as well as accessibility to hostel facilities due to non-payment of fees.
BDS Tuition Fee
|Quota/ Category||Tuition Fee (Annual)|
|NRI Quota||US $40,000|
|Special Management Quota||Rs.3,00,00|
Annual Fees structure
|Particulars||Govt. Quota (in INR)||NRI Seats (in INR/USD)||Management Quota (in INR)|
|Admission Fee||1000||Rs. 1000-00||1000|
|*BFUHS Registration Fee||2500||$ 500||5000|
|Internet Charges p.a||2000||Rs.2000-00||2000|
|Library Security (Refundable)||15000||Rs.15000-00||15000|
|University Charges of HSLIBNET||1500||Rs.1500-00||1500|
|Other University / Administrative Charges p.a||3500||Rs.3500-00||3500|
Additional charges for Hostellers
|Head||AC Room in General Hostel||General Room||NRI Hostel|
|Room Rent p.a.||20,000||15,000||24,000|
|Electricity Charges p.a.||Minimum
36,000 as advance
(6,000-00 for shared accommodation)
Rs.36000 as advance
|RO Water Charges p.a.||2,000||2,000-00||2,000|
|Mess Charges p.a.||36,000 + Service tax charges @ 12.36%||36000 + Service tax charges @ 12.36%||36000 + Service tax charges @ 12.36%|
|Hotel Security (Refundable)||30,000||25,000||50,000|
|Mess Furniture Security||Rs.2000-00||Rs.2000-00||Rs.2000-00|
*The above-mentioned fees are subject to change.
- AC fitting charges – Rs.1500.
- Cooler fitting charges – Rs.500.
*Fittings are done by the college staff
We understand that the fees for dental college can be quite high. To make sure that you don’t face a financial crunch, you can take up an education loan with low interest or enquire if the college allows you to pay the fee in instalments. For SC students, the college provides a post-matric scholarship for them.
Career Opportunities & Scope
Previously, BDS students had limited options. Some continued their dental education to adopt and practice a more specific branch of dentistry while others resorted to private yet general practice. However, with the rise of pioneering institutes like Gian Sagar Dental College, dental sciences have broadened the scope and students are now beaming with soaring prospects in the field.
- Medical Practitioner in Public or Private Sector
Students can choose a safe career in either the private or Government sector. With government policies in place to facilitate medical services and their accessibility to people living in towns and villages, the opportunities are enormous.
GS Dental College is unique as far as academics and research are concerned. The quality of education provided by the college is so inspirational that the students are inspired to opt for further research in a field of their choice.
The college also provides internship opportunities to all of its students and you may get a chance to work in medical camps and have experience of working in paucity.
- College Placement Cell
The Placement Cell of GS Dental College organizes personality development programs, seminars, workshops, and schedules industry visits to train their students for their respective industries.
Ranking & Recognitions
The rankings of any college are based on the overall performance of the college. Gian Sagar Dental College is considered one of the best dental colleges in India and for years it has been soaring high as far as rankings are concerned. Students from all over the country go there to pursue their BDS and MDS degrees.
There are several reputed and experienced dentists who graduated from the same college. Along with the exceptional course structure, one year of internship is included in the course curriculum where students are expected to intern with our senior dentists in the lab.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
Gian Sagar Dental College is a well-known and reputed college in Patiala with good infrastructure and a locality. The college boasts great teaching personnel, a good learning environment, excellent library facilities, and a commitment to producing dental graduates of exceptional performance and cultivating a culture of dedication. Furthermore, the institution provides a hostel facility with linked bathrooms for both male and female students.
Other facilities include fully air-conditioned lecture theatres for students and well-maintained playgrounds.
Internet-facilitated Classroom Learning
All lecture halls are fitted with the best LCD projectors. Internet connection across the institution eases smoother transactions and fast learning processes. All classrooms are spacious and well-ventilated.
They have well-equipped laboratories available for students to benefit from learning proper experimental skills.
The auditorium built inside the campus holds theatre and other cultural events. It also features dressing rooms equipped with at least one restroom. If required, there is also a price tag sales space available. The theatre has an invigorated sound device and decent lighting equipment.
GS Dental College & Hospital has a huge library for their students where they can sit and indulge themselves in the world of books. It can accommodate approximately a hundred students at any given time.
The university maintains separate hostels for boys and girls. The institution has a plethora of facilities for residential college students and day scholars. CCTV cameras are installed throughout the hostels, college, and mess for the security of college students. To shield you from ragging, there is a separate lodging for Ist year BDS students. “Say No To Ragging” signs are posted in various locations of the institution.
In addition to this, GS Dental College has an anti-ragging committee, especially for their students and no stone is left unturned to make sure that students are living at peace.
Sports, Fitness & Health
The college has a well-maintained playground for its students and they feature a sports floor for athletic and sports activities. Special sports are organised within the university as a kind of recreation.
Extra Curricular Activities
To rekindle the students’ creativity, the college offers art, internships, academic teams and clubs, creative pursuits, political activism, and a lot more to keep the spirits high amongst the student body.
Every student is encountered with a very stressed and preoccupied phase during their board and entrance examinations. We understand that and what we provide is services that specifically cater to students who are looking to find the best college that is well within their interests. Let us make your admission process amicable without letting you lose a sweat! So, reach out to us if you want a hassle-free experience as you bridge over to the next phase of your life.
College Contact Details
Address: GMH9+3V3, NH 64, Jansla, Punjab 140506.
- Phone: 01762 520 000.
- Email: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Gian Sagar Dental College have a hostel?
Yes, GS Dental College provides hostel facilities to all its students. 2. What about providing an internship to students at GS Dental College?
After 4 years of rigorous learning, students have to work as an intern for a year in their hospital. 3. How to get admission at GS Dental College, Patiala?
Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission at Gian Sagar Dental College, Patiala. 4. Is GS Dental College a government college or a private college?
Gian Sagar Dental College is a private college. 5. How many seats does Gian Sagar Dental College offer?
They offer 50 seats in the government quota and 50 seats in the management quota for the BDS course. 6. When does the admission process start at Gian Sagar Dental College?
The admission process mostly starts in April. 7. Does GS Dental College offer an MDS degree?
Gian Sagar Dental College only offers a BDS degree. 8. When was Gian Sagar Dental College & Hospital, Patiala established?
GS Dental College was established in the year 2007.
1. Does Gian Sagar Dental College have a hostel?
Yes, GS Dental College provides hostel facilities to all its students.
2. What about providing an internship to students at GS Dental College?
After 4 years of rigorous learning, students have to work as an intern for a year in their hospital.
3. How to get admission at GS Dental College, Patiala?
Students must score good marks in the NEET exam to get admission at Gian Sagar Dental College, Patiala.
4. Is GS Dental College a government college or a private college?
Gian Sagar Dental College is a private college.
5. How many seats does Gian Sagar Dental College offer?
They offer 50 seats in the government quota and 50 seats in the management quota for the BDS course.
6. When does the admission process start at Gian Sagar Dental College?
The admission process mostly starts in April.
7. Does GS Dental College offer an MDS degree?
Gian Sagar Dental College only offers a BDS degree.
8. When was Gian Sagar Dental College & Hospital, Patiala established?
GS Dental College was established in the year 2007.
You can also check out the link below to go through my detailed post on another dental college:
One Small Ask:
If you are a graduate or a students pursuing a degree in dentistry from Gian Sagar Dental College, please do share your views and experiences in the comment box below about college and campus life. This can help the budding dental spirants to a greater extent in their future education and career goals.