Hello Readers! Are you searching for the most suitable dental colleges in India for admission? If yes, our blog will help to make your job easier. Today I have come up with yet another college which is one of the Best Dental Colleges in India, The Government Dental College Raipur Chhattisgarh. Keep reading to know details about the college, including the Admission Procedure, Courses, Eligibility etc.
Table of Contents
- Government Dental College Raipur Chhattisgarh Overview
- Government Dental College Raipur Admission
- Government Dental College Raipur Courses Offered
- Government Dental College Raipur Fees Structure
- Job Opportunities And Scope
- Ranking And Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Government Dental College Raipur Chhattisgarh Overview
The Government Dental College Raipur Chhattisgarh was established in the year 2003. The college is situated in the heart of the capital city of Chhattisgarh, Raipur. With their service to humanity and their teaching techniques, the college gained fame and importance in society. The college provides the best dental education and contributes to the needs of the population through efficient oral care.
The Government Dental College Raipur gave rise to eminent dental professionals to serve the nation. Many of their alumni have brought the college to the attention of the world because of their achievements. The college gives immense support to its students in not just academic but also extracurricular activities.
|Name||Government Dental College Raipur|
|Address||Government Dental College, Rajbandha Maidan, Raipur(C.G), Pincode – 492001|
|Affiliated to||Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University, Ayush & Health Sciences University Chhattisgarh|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
To become the best educational institution in Dental education and research. Thereby providing quality Dental health care to rural populations.
The mission of the Government Dental College Raipur is to achieve the finest standard goals in all domains of curricular development aspects. Which includes the learning, teaching, and evaluation process, innovations in the research area, and focus on public health & community services.
Why choose Government Dental College Raipur?
Nowadays both Government and private dental colleges provide exceptional educational resources and the best faculties. However, the OPD is always more excellent when it comes to a Government college than a private college. Government Dental College Raipur is strategically located in the capital city, Raipur.
One of the best and largest Government Medical colleges and super specialty hospitals are nearby. As a result, the patient flow is always very high here. The college always strives to help its students to expand their educational and clinical skills. Above all, they constantly conduct dental programs and camps to give the students more opportunities to get better at clinical work.
Government Dental College Raipur Admission
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||100|
|Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)||20|
Departments Offering MDS
|Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics||3|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||3|
|Oral Medicine & Radiology||2|
|Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology||3|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||3|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||3|
- The applicant must attend and qualify for the NEET-UG entrance examination.
- All the candidates should score above the cut-off marks set by the authority.
- Chhattisgarh Directorate of Medical Education (CGDME) schedules the NEET – UG counseling.
- For counseling, all the applicants must register on the state council’s official website.
- Counseling will be conducted on many tiers.
- After all the counseling rounds, you will get admitted to the college for the course you choose.
- The candidates should attend and qualify for the NEET-PG Entrance examination.
- The Chhattisgarh Directorate of Medical Education will conduct the compulsory NEET counseling.
- Counseling is arranged on many tiers.
- Which will be based on the marks you have scored for the NEET examination.
- Once the counseling is done, you will get allotted to the college.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years by the period of allotment.
- You should successfully pass classes SSLC and 12th Board.
- The examinations should be attended by any recognized Higher/Senior secondary school.
- The candidate must score at least 50 percent in the subjects physics, chemistry, biology, and English separately.
- The candidate must attend and qualify for the undergraduate entrance examination, NEET-UG.
- The candidate should attend all the rounds of counseling.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- The candidate must be a minimum of 21 years old by the period of admission.
- The candidate must score at least 50 percent for the Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
- The college from where you completed BDS must be recognized by the Dental council of India (DCI).
- It is mandated to attend and Qualify for the NEET- MDS entrance examination.
- After completing the Bachelor of Dental Surgery, the candidate must register with the Dental Council of India / State Dental Council.
- The candidate should complete the rotatory internship.
- It should be completed by March 31st of the year in which the candidate seeks admission.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Marks card of Tenth standard (SSLC).
- Marks card of Twelveth standard (10+2).
- NEET – UG final Marks card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Conduct certificate.
- Migration certificate (Only for out-of-state nominees).
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Aadhar Card or Any Identity proof.
- Community certificate (if needed).
Master of Dental Surgery
- Scorecard of Tenth standard (SSLC).
- Scorecard of Twelveth standard (10+2).
- NEET – UG final scorecard.
- Transfer certificate from the institution you completed your BDS degree.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Migration certificate (Only for out-of-state students).
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Aadhar Card Or Any Identity proof.
- Community certificate, if needed.
- BDS Provisional certificate.
- BDS Registration certificate.
Government Dental College Raipur Courses Offered
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
The Bachelor of Dental Surgery program is an undergraduate program. BDS is the only undergraduate program recognized by the Dental Council of India if you want to be a Dental surgeon. BDS is concerned with learning and managing the condition and disorders associated with teeth and their supporting structures. This program incorporates learning and understanding different disorders of the Neck and Head region.
The UG Dental degree is a five-year course. In this, four years are theoretical education and one year is a compulsory rotatory internship. Once the course is completed, you can work as a dentist.
Departments in Government Dental College Raipur:
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral Pathology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
Master of Dental Surgery is a postgraduate program. The duration of the entire course is three years. However, you can finish the degree in two years’ duration if you have completed the PG diploma. Out of 9 departments, 7 of them provide MDS specialization.
Listed below are the departments:
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Oral Medicine & Radiology.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Government Dental College Raipur Fees Structure
Tuition Fees For BDS
Tuition Fees For MDS
- The total course fee is divided into yearly payments.
- That is, the fees for BDS will be divided into 5 settlements and MDS into 3 settlements.
- Other than the annual fees, there will be a few added fees as well.
- This includes the caution fees, hostel fees, canteen fees, material fees, and the fees organized by the university for the examinations, sports, etc.
- The caution fee is totally refundable. After the entire course is completed, you can collect the amount from the office.
- The right fee structure for each course is not known for now. To know about the fee structure, contact the college. I will be providing the contact details of the college in the below section.
Job Opportunities And Scope
The field of Dentistry is one of the most trending careers in today’s society. It’s not only due to increased care in Oral health But also because it is most prominent in the cosmetic industry. In short, getting a job once you pass out the degree is not even a question! I have listed down a few career opportunities.
- Hospitals: Once you graduate with a Bachelor’s degree you can work as a Dental surgeon. A job in which you will provide dental care to patients as part of a huge healthcare team.
- Public health clinics: Bachelor of Dental Surgery graduates can work in public health clinics. Thereby being a part of the community to help the poor who cannot pay for the treatments.
- Private practice: BDS graduates can start there at a clinic for a dental practice. Or they can join an existing clinic to get more practical skills.
- Specialization: The graduates can join for postgraduate studies to specialize in any particular area of dentistry such as Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge, Oral Medicine & Radiology, Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology and Oral Microbiology, Periodontology etc.
- Teaching and research: Academic careers can be pursued in dental universities, schools, etc. And concentrate on teaching dental students and conducting research in any area of dentistry you like.
- Industry: Once you complete the degree the graduates can work in the dental industry.By providing consulting services for dental-related products. Or even work in developing and marketing dental products.
- In addition to these options, if you have completed BDS and want to improve your knowledge in any special stream, you may also choose to study further. The Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) program is the higher level of BDS.
Ranking And Recognitions
- Government Dental College Raipur is recognized by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare & Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Government Dental College Raipur is affiliated with Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University and Ayush & Health Sciences University Chhattisgarh.
There are two separate hostels for Girls and Boys. Both the hostels are built within the campus. The management always makes sure that the boarders feel as comfortable staying at home. All the rooms are well maintained here. Even though you have to share the room, the rooms are very spacious. Study tables, dressing tables, wardrobes, etc are provided as well.
Round-the-clock security and Medical service are made available here. The internet is unlimited and has a very good feed. The power backups and generators installed will make sure the electricity is never interrupted. Recreational facilities and indoor game areas are much maintained here. All within the hostel radius.
Apart from the Hostel for the students, there is a separate building within the campus. The teaching and non-teaching faculties are accommodated here. Just behind this residential complex, there is a big parking area.
Mess & Canteen
For the hostelers, the food is provided in the hostel mess. The mess is individual for staff quarters and both the hostels. Which is within walking distance from both buildings. Healthy and hygienic food is served hot here.
The canteen in the college is so spacious. The food is prepared in a very hygienic environment. There is a kiosk in the canteen where you can buy eatables. Snacks, packed food items, soft drinks, hot drinks, etc are available here at any time.
The Government Dental College Raipur has one of the finest libraries among other colleges. The library is literally filled with study materials here. You can find any sort of materials regarding dentistry here. Even the rarest books for references, journals published locally and internationally, informational CDs and videos, etc are available here.
More than 15 computers are installed here. Every one of them is connected to fast unlimited wifi. The students can browse anytime for educational stuff. Thereby letting them use their time outside the classroom wisely.
The active alumni network at Government Dental College Raipur always conducts occasions like dental camps, get-togethers, and meet-ups. The goal is to mingle with the present students. Help them throughout their journey by sharing their knowledge, experiences, and views.
The Outpatient Department in this college is super good. Patients from all across the city and nearby villages go to this hospital. This means, the higher the patient inflow, the more chances for the students to practice. Other than the outpatients, the college also provides free camps. This will help the poor to get free treatments and checkups. In short, the Government Dental College Raipur always strives for the betterment of its students.
This college is built on 5 acres of land. And the college has one of the greenest campuses in the whole of Raipur. The campus is filled with trees and plants which gives the students the perfect ambiance to free their minds. There are both flowering and vegetation plants here. Altogether, This setup will help them to loosen up their mind from their busy schedule. The campus has a nursery and the gardening is maintained throughout the year.
If a student has to face any type of disturbance physically, psychologically, academically, or culturally, it is counted as ragging. A particular committee is formed to stand against any of such incidents. The committee includes both teaching faculties and student representatives. The college is very strict when it comes to rules and regulations. And actions will be taken right away.
Rain Water Harvest
Being in the central part of India, the water availability in summer is not easy. The campus brought up the novel idea of water conservation to save water for future needs. This environment-friendly harvest system will benefit during the summer seasons.
The college has a dedicated power supply from the Electricity Board. State of art power distribution system is equipped here. The management techniques guarantee an economical power supply. Which will help the working environment uninterrupted. The solar panel is under construction here.
College Contact Details
- Address: Government Dental College, Rajbandha Maidan, Raipur(C.G), Pincode – 492001.
- Website: https://www.govtdentalcollegeraipur.in/.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
The given below are the details of the distance from the Government Dental College Raipur to these transport facilities:
- Nearest Airport, Raipur: 14.8 Km.
- Nearest Railway Station, Raipur: 2.8 Km.
- Nearest Bus Station, Raipur: 2.2 Km.
I hope the details provided above will come useful to you in finding the college which is the best for you. The details regarding facilities, faculties, placement options, laboratories, etc are very important. Make sure to compare the colleges before you join.
If you have any doubts regarding the details I have provided, just call us at the contact numbers I have provided below. We are always happy to help you in deciding the perfect college for you. Just know, we are one phone call away!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Government Dental College Raipur located?
Government Dental College Raipur is located in heart of the capital city of Chhattisgarh, Raipur.
2. Do we get enough practical classes at Government Dental College Raipur?
Yes, The patient inflow is very high in Government Dental College Raipur. This gives the students more opportunities to improve their practical skills.
3. Is NEET mandatory at Government Dental College Raipur?
Yes, the candidate must attend and qualify for the entrance examinations to get admission to BDS and MDS.
4.How to get BDS admission to Government Dental College Raipur?
The applicant must appear and qualify for the NEET-UG examination. Also, it is mandatory to attend counselling by the state council once qualified.
5.What are the courses available at Government Dental College Raipur?
Government Dental College Raipur offers BDS and MDS.
6.Does Government Dental College Raipur have an active alumni association?
Government Dental College Raipur has a very efficient alumni association. They frequently conduct events to help their juniors by sharing their views and knowledge.
7.Does Government Dental College Raipur has a placement cell?
Yes, Government Dental College Raipur has a well-organized placement cell. The college helps every student to get placed after graduation.
A Small Request
Thanks for reading this article. If you know any information other than what I have provided here, feel free to comment below. If you are a present student or an Alumni, I’d really appreciate it if you can spend one minute writing a review. Thank you.