Hey readers! Having you here reading our article is a real delight to us. As our only aim is to provide genuine information to our readers to make them aware of the institutions where they are eligible to get enrolled. As quality education is now the top priority of the youth, researching universities that cater to their interests has become the norm. This is where we come in. From finding solutions to all your queries to assisting you through and providing you with all the necessary information you need to get into Guru Nanak Dev Dental College (GND Dental College & Research Institute).
Table of Contents
- Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Overview
- Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Admission
- Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Courses Offered
- Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Overview
Guru Nanak Dev Dental College & Research Institute was the first private dental college to be established in North India specifically and was inaugurated by the former Minister of Punjab, Mr Sh. Bhagwan Dass Arora. He was dedicated to the noble cause of providing modern medical education to the poorer sections of society. Furthermore, he established many hospitals to provide poor and sick people with quality treatment and education.
Sunam is the birthplace of freedom fighter Shaheed Udham Singh located in the centre of the Malwa region of Punjab. The town has great connectivity as far as roads and rails are concerned with connections to merely all the major cities including Jammu & Kashmir. The town is approximately 15 km from Sangrur, 65 km from Patiala, and 90 km from Ludhiana. Also, the town is well connected by airways and the nearest airport is Chandigarh which is approximately 110 km distant from the town.
|Guru Nanak Dev Dental College & Research Institute
|Patiala-Chandigarh Road, Sunam
|Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
|Mr Sh. Bhagwan Dass Arora
|Both boys and girls
The institute plans to take the education policies of its institutions to the next level to provide students with quality education, quality treatments for their patients, and community quality research.
The institute aims to provide the world with quality dental experts to meet the requirements of global oral health care. Additionally, the institute is all about providing a system of education that is efficient and effective to the teaching community and the teachers as well. The institute is dedicated to developing helping values in students to create an environment where people stand for each other and help each other pure-heartedly.
Why Study at Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam?
There are several reasons why choosing GND Dental College & Research Institute for your Dental degree makes sense.
- Anti-Ragging Policies
The college administration has zero tolerance when it comes to ragging practices by anyone in any capacity. The form of violence can be either physical, verbal, psychological, or emotional. Concerning the degree of the offence, the college will charge the offender with a fine or can choose to expel the offender from the college entirely. With the college administration and security personnel ensuring a safe space for everyone, every form of violence from teasing, threatening, humiliating, and abusing to causing distress of any kind is punishable by law.
The college provides its students with smart and comfortable classrooms and also a well-equipped mobile dental van. Adding to its glory, students also have access to separate accommodations for boys and girls. This is one of the Best BDS Colleges in India.
The library of this college is considered one of the most well-informed libraries in the state of Punjab with an experienced librarian overseeing the smooth functioning of the library. The environment is very calm, peaceful, and fully furnished. Students can read and learn without any outside disturbance.
As far as the atmosphere of the campus is concerned, the environment is lush and green and is designed in a way that facilitates a calming experience for the students. The institute’s campus has a pleasant location where students can socialize with each other, make new friends, and interact with each other.
Each professor has a strong educational background and is an expert in their respective field. They often interact with students and provide each student with the required attention. Most of the faculty members have papers published in some of the most reputed national and international journals.
- Academic Record
This institution has an impressive record of academic performance. The management is working hard to give students access to the necessary technical resources so they can stay up-to-date with the newest advancements in the dental industry.
Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Admission
The admission process of this college differs from course to course since every speciality in any course requires specific requirements to be fulfilled by the candidate.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Program
|Distribution of Seats
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
|4 years and a 1-year rotatory internship period
Eligibility for BDS
The following points are to be kept in mind to take admission to Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam, Punjab as the college takes students as per the NEET cut-off released in a particular academic year.
- The students must have a pass certificate of 10+1 and 10+2 years attested by the principal of the attended college.
- The candidate should be of age 17 years on or before December 31st of the year of admission.
- A minimum of 50% marks should be obtained by the candidate in the subjects of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English in the qualifying exam.
- The candidate should clear the medical examination performed by their physician to join the BDS programme at the GND Dental College & Research Institute.
- The admission process is open to the students based on the cut-off released by the college and the students scoring the desired cut-off in NEET will be invited to get enrolled in the college.
Documents Required for BDS
- Admit card.
- Class 10th mark sheet.
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Id proof (Adhar card/driving license or any registered id).
- Eight passport-size photos.
- Provisional allotment letter.
- Cast certificate (if applicable).
- PWD certificate (if applicable).
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
The students willing to get admitted into the college for an MDS degree have multiple options as far as specialities are concerned. Following is a table that lists the specialities as well as their uptake of students.
|Specialities of the MDS program Offered
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
|Oral Medicine & Radiology
Eligibility for MDS
In addition to qualifying for the NEET MDS cut-off released by the college, the students applying for masters are bound to fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- A bachelor’s degree in dental sciences from any recognized university registered with the State Dental Council.
- The candidate must have completed their compulsory one-year rotatory internship under the name of any state or centrally recognized college/university.
- Provisional or permanent registration at the State Dental Council.
- Candidates who possess a PG diploma with successful completion of their 2-years program from an institute recognized by the Dental Council of India are also eligible for the Master’s programme at the concerned institute.
Documents Required for MDS
- NEET MDS Scorecard.
- NEET MDS Admit Card.
- Mask sheet of BDS 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-year examinations.
- The qualified exam certificate/degree of BDS exam.
- Internship Completion certificate.
- Class 10th mark sheet.
- Valid ID proofs.
- Cast Certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Medical Fitness.
- Transfer Certificate from your previously attended university.
- An anti-Ragging affidavit was signed by the student and their parents following DCI guidelines.
- Certificate of Proof of Birth.
Note: Candidates are required to come with original certificates in both programs.
Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Courses Offered
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
The most popular choice among medical degrees is a bachelor’s degree for dentists or BDS.
- At GND Dental College & Research Institute, the course takes nearly five years for the graduation program including one year of the compulsory rotatory internship.
- The college is governed by the rules of the Dental Council of India.
- The distribution of seats may vary as per the needs and changes in the decision of the admission department. The admission department works in tandem with the governments across all verticals as well as the Dental Council of India.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
The programme most opted by dental students to become a specialist after their BDS degree is MDS. Forntunationately, the same is also offered in the form of seven specialities by the GND Dental College & Research Institute. The course makes their academic career look much more preferable.
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
|This is a speciality in which dentists are taught to reconstruct the defective part of the patient’s mouth, neck, and jaws. Such a speciality demands surgeons to require degrees in both dentistry and medicine.
|Such a specialization entails the specialist to focus on the inflammatory diseases that destroy the gum and other supporting structures around the teeth and are trained to cure them before the infection increases.
They also help their patients to maintain their teeth to keep them safe and predict the signs of disease if any in the mouth.
|Such specialization in dentistry requires the students to be taught to deal with children from birth to the age of adolescence.
Why this branch requires a separate training programme because it is through their training that the dentists are taught to treat the children effectively without harming their teeth, and gums with harsh chemicals.
|In this branch, the students are taught to treat complex dental and facial problems including restoration, replacement, and establishment of new teeth using artificial devices.
The training programme enables these specialists to be highly trained in dental implants, crowns, bridges, dentures, jaw disorders, and much more.
|Oral Medicine & Radiology
|Oral Medicine & Radiology can be defined as the speciality in which the professional has all the knowledge on diagnosis and medical management of diagnostic and medical disorders affecting the mouth and jaws.
The students in GND Dental College & Research Institute are taught these subjects by highly educated faculty. Under the guidance of educated and updated faculty, the students can learn proper treatment processes, associated complications, and their cures from professionals.
Dark rooms and rooms for intraoral and extraoral radiography are also available for examination of patients.
|Such a speciality demands that the students are taught to diagnose, prevent, manage, and correct the mal-positioned teeth and jaw. This may also require students to learn the art of modification of the face.
|It is a specialization that desks with the students being taught to conserve the patient’s teeth in every possible way. This predominantly requires the students to emulate the practice of restoration techniques of teeth to perfection.
Guru Nanak Dev Dental College Sunam Fees Structure
|Category of Fee
|Annual Amount (in INR)
(for candidates belonging to Govt. and management quota)
|2000 (One-time payment)
|1,500 (One-time payment)
|Co-curricular events including sports, cultural fests, house examinations, etc.
|Participation charges in Dental Education Program, and charges for Visiting Faculty
|College security fee
|Library security fee
|University Registration fee
(for candidates belonging to Govt. and management quota)
|2,500 (One-time payment)
|400 (One-time payment)
|CET Education facilities charges
For PG courses in GND Dental College & Research Institute, there are 17 seats divided into different specialities and the fee is charged equally to every student from every speciality and every category,
|Total Fees (in INR)
|MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
It is only natural that most technical colleges in India have an overwhelming fee amount. This is for your information that the numbers you see on the table are a culmination of the extravagant cost of the kinds of laboratory equipment as well as some select chemicals. If this burns a hole in your pocket, you might want to consider availing yourself of student loans with low-interest rates. Additionally, you can enquire about the college administration if they can provide you with an option to pay the fees in instalments.
Placements and Scope
The overall placement process at Guru Nanak Dev Dental College is rated 3.5 stars. Such a high rating prescribed to the college is mostly because the majority of students directly enrol themselves to be a specialist by completing their MDS degree. So, even though there is no placement cell provided by the institute directly, the students are quite successful in landing a job in a private or government hospital.
GND College & Research Institute guarantees 100% placement concerning the 1-year mandatory internship because practically, all hospitals and clinics are more than happy to welcome interns from the institute because of its sheer reputation and excellent academic record that it holds.
Some choose to start practising privately on their own by establishing their private clinics and running them as per their wish.
Others who are not willing to apply for jobs or open private clinics have opted for pursuing further education abroad to apply themselves extensively in the field of pharmaceutical and drug studies.
Some of the top recruiters that are actively hiring dentists are mostly from the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries such as Aspen Dental, Delta Dental, Pacific Dental, Smile Brands, Clear Choice Dental Implants Centre, and many more.
Rankings and Recognitions
The Guru Nanak Dev Dental College is certified as a reputed college located in Punjab with good education and highly educated faculty in their fields, the infrastructure of the college is lush and green which makes it a suitable place to study also there is hostel accommodation for both boys and girls which make it easier for students to stay connected with the place they study at.
The college is reviewed as the best college in Punjab for dental studies. Its ambience, lush green environment, computer labs, fully furnished dental van, furnished and quiet library, etc make it a better place to invest time and money in.
There are so many reviews posted on the official website by the students which makes it easy for us to say that irrespective of its academic and non-academic facilities, the college is committed to providing students with all that they need to harbour a focused environment on the campus.
Many different facilities are provided to the students studying at GND Dental College, some of which are stated below
The college has the facility to provide immediate medical assistance to the needy and is provided to all the students and the college staff in the college. Non-teaching staff can also access such services in exceptional circumstances.
A fully furnished library with stacked books and research papers is established on the college campus providing students with all the needed study material, all the while facilitating a better and silent environment to study. Faculty members can also choose to avail themselves of these services.
There is an auditorium that is specifically built for the students to conduct meetings, arrange conferences, and workshops and host any cultural or non-cultural activity that is well within the policies of the college administration.
Accommodation facilities are provided to both boys and girls to let the students stay connected with the place they study in. Furthermore, the hostel premises are well connected with Wi-Fi. Basic amenities such as water and electricity are well in place for the student’s comfort. However, there are certain rules to be followed as stated below
- No changes can be done to the room allotment in the running year as the rooms are allotted as per the criteria.
- The students have to show the fee receipt and the rent payment receipt to the hostel warden at the time of admission to the hostel for the warden’s satisfaction.
- The student is not allowed to keep any unauthorized objects in the room. If found, the student will be liable for the decision taken by the hostel authority.
- The students are not allowed to use any electric appliance without the permission of the hostel in charge.
- The student receding in the room will be liable for the furniture or electric connection damage in the room.
- Students willing to keep gold items in the room must get them insured.
- No student can leave the hostel without the written permission of the warden.
- The students are supposed to stay inside the hostel till 7:00 pm in winter and 8:00 pm in summer for girls and 10 pm for boys.
Sports are the best way to keep one fit and the college management committee understands that. Following this principle, the college has a policy to allow students to enjoy various sports activities while funding various sports equipment to make them available to the students to help them stay fit.
A large cafeteria is provided to the students to ensure they have a space inside the campus to sit, relax, and eat. If orders are made a day before any event, the cafeteria provides snacks for various events that are held in the campus arena.
However, most parents and candidates find the admission process to be quite overwhelming and keeping records of every little document can be a very demanding process. To ease things out for you, we have expert teams that will help you throughout the entire admission process. Reach out to us to know more about our services and we assure you will not be disappointed!
College Contact Details
- Address: Sunam, Bathinda Rd, Patiala, Punjab 148028.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to get admission to Guru Nanak Dev dental college?
To get into college one needs to clear NEET entrance examinations, register in Punjab NEET counselling, and follow the admission process.
2. How many seats does Guru Nanak Dev dental college provide?
These are 100 seats provided by the college for the BDS course offered.
3. What is the cut-off of Guru Nanak Dev dental college?
For general category students, the desired cut-off on average is 50 percentile, i.e, 720-138 and for OBC/SC/ST the desired percentile is 40%, i.e, 137-108.
4. Does Guru Nanak Dev dental college charge admission fees excluded from tuition fees?
Yes, an amount of Rs. 2000 is charged by the college as admission fees that are excluded from tuition fees.
5. How long does it take to complete the BDS course at GND Dental College & Research Institute?
The BDS course is a five years undergraduate programme that includes a mandatory one-year rotatory internship.
6. Does GND Dental College have a hostel?
Yes, GND Dental College has hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
7. Does GND Dental College provides internship?
Yes, they provide internships to every student after the completion of four year BDS course for 1 year.
8. Is GND Dental College a private or government college?
GND dental college is a private college.
You can also check out the link below if you are looking for other dental colleges:
One Small Ask:
Are you a graduate or a student pursuing a degree from Guru Nanak Dev dental college? If yes. Then please put a review in the comment section below about your experiences at the college campus. This will help the budding dental aspirants in their future careers and educational avenues.