Hi, everyone, and welcome back! Here we are with another blog on the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior. I hope we will solve all of your queries and will help you in choosing a dental college that will suit your purpose. Continue reading this blog for more information regarding the college fee structure, the courses offered, and the several facilities offered to the students on campus.
Table of Contents
- Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior Overview
- Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior Admission
- Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Courses Offered
- Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Fees Structure
- Placement And Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior Overview
The Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior is affiliated with the Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur, and started with its courses in the year 2006. The OPD was established in 2006 as well that caters to the dental health of all those in need.
The college’s three main goals include patient dental and oral care, outreach to the poor community, and excellent education. Under the leadership of Er.K.S.Kushwah the college is managed by a trust, which is registered under the name Madhya Pradesh Lok Vikas Nyas in District Gwalior (M.P.).
The college offers a BDS course. The faculty at the college are pioneers in their fields and help in shaping the students into dental health professionals. All the courses are affiliated with Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur (M.P.). The college works tirelessly to increase community access to dental care, with a particular emphasis on patients with special needs and vulnerable and underprivileged communities.
|Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS), Gwalior
|Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS), Near Toll Plaza, Etawah Road NH-92, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh-474020.
|Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur (M.P.)
|Dental Council of India
|Dental Council of India
|Provided for both boys and girls
- To provide the highest level of dental education.
- To cater to the dental needs of all especially to areas that have no access to dental or oral care.
- The college aims to produce the best dental professionals.
- To deliver high-quality dental treatment to all.
Why Choose the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior?
- Scientific Research and Innovation
The college has its own research facility for all its students. This makes them excel in the field of research along with a career in the dental field as a full-time working dentist. Oriented towards improving healthcare in India, the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior encourages students to pioneer the advancement of knowledge in the field through research and participation in conferences.
- Campus Environment
The institute building is properly made and offers a very conducive learning atmosphere. Every clinical and non-clinical department, well-built lecture halls, fully functional labs, dissection rooms, museum, expansive library, and a myriad of other amenities are all housed there.
- High-Quality Dental Training
The emphasis of the course will be on academic, clinical, and applied to learn, and it is intended to inspire, challenge, and involve the aspirant students to grow both personally and professionally.
- Faculty Team
The Faculty provides a diverse and distinctive range of undergraduate and graduate programs intended to develop dental professionals and postgraduates with a focus on research of the highest level and with an international reputation.
- Encouraging Environment
With the most well-sought-after teaching faculty that encourages the students to get to learn and have an upper edge over the other students.
The college has a well-equipped infrastructure with the latest and the most modern facilities. This will ensure a smooth experience for the students on campus.
- Anti-Ragging Cell
The college has an anti-ragging cell that keeps a tab on all the ragging activities on-campus, following which the student will be severely punished.
Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Gwalior Admission
|Bachelor Of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
- Candidates must appear for the all-India National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) in the year that they wish to enroll.
- After the result has been declared the candidate can then apply to the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior.
- Candidates must appear for counseling with all required documents.
- Candidate’s profile will be considered in detail.
- Candidates will be notified about admission status.
BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate shall complete the age of 17 on or before 31st December 2022. The age shall be determined as per entry in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary or its Equivalent Certificate.
- Candidate should have more than or equal to 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as your subjects in 12th standard.
Documents Required for BDS Admission
- SSC/10th class detailed mark sheet.
- HSC/ 12th class detailed mark sheet.
- Caste and Caste Validity Certificate (if applicable).
- Non-creamy layer certificate (for the students of VJ/NT, SBC).
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- NEET Admit Card.
- Online Application Form.
- Migration and Gap Certificate (if applicable).
- Aadhaar Card.
Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Courses Offered
The duration of the BDS Course is 4 years along with a one-year compulsory rotatory internship. The main objective of the course is to shape the students to the best of their abilities. Such that they provide the best dental and oral care to people in need.
The course devotes four years to teaching students the fundamentals of the disciplines. From general anatomy to dental anatomy, the course starts from a broader perspective and teaches students about medicine in general, and slows narrows down to teaching subjects related to dental education.
Along with in-depth theoretical understanding, the students also get practical training at the college’s labs, under the guidance of the best faculty members.
The course consists of the following subjects in the first four years:
Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies Fees Structure
At the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior fee structure varies according to the category and the course you wish to take admission. This subject to change is in accordance with the guideline of the Dental Council of India and the college.
For further queries and inquiries on the fee structure please feel free to contact the college via email or through the numbers provided in this article.
|Annual Tuition Fees
|Annual Hostel Fees
|Annual Tuition and Hostel Fees
|Annual Tuition and Local Transportation Fees
The fees of dental college can be costly for some but not to worry as the college has many options available. Do not forget to contact the college regarding the same. They will be the best to help you regarding the fee structure and how you can easily pay it off. Students can also take a loan and can pay it off later by working for some time. This will also help them to gain experience in the field of dentistry.
Note- The college can vary its fee structure every year. The above-mentioned fee structure is for the year 2022-23.
Placement And Scope
The Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior offers many opportunities for its students. It guides all its BDS graduates as to which career option will suit them. There are many students who opt to do MDS while others go into clinical practice instead. Some even change their subject line and do an MBA or get into a clinical research course. You can also go MDS and then Ph.D. if you want an upper edge in your field of dentistry.
Some of the private and government hospitals which hire dental students are:
- Max Healthcare.
- Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Ganga Ram.
- Fortis Healthcare.
- Most private colleges have their own hospitals and hire dental professionals.
- Apollo Hospital.
Some of the government hospitals which hire dental students as junior residents are:
- Ram Manohar Lohia.
- Lady Harding.
- Guru Teg Bahadur.
- Maulana Azad.
Rankings and Recognitions
The college has won many awards in the field of dentistry owing to the highly skilled faculty and the students with excellent dental skills. All dental students are taught the latest methods with all the modern tools. The college is affiliated with the renowned Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, and the course is approved by the Dental Council of India.
The students are achievers too. One of their students, Sabanaz, qualified for the National Board of Dental Examinations and entered the International Dental Program. Students excel in extra-curricular activities, too. Students like Shantanu and Ranjan Bora have won medals in Badminton and Volleyball respectively.
The college has several laboratories for BDS students. This helps them to learn while practicing. As practice makes a man perfect.
Hostel and Mess
The college provides separate hostel facilities for boys and girls along with a mess facility. The mess provides hygienic and nutritional food to all its students on campus. There is also a huge parking lot where the students can park their cars, bikes, or bicycles.
The college offers a fully accessible as well as a computerized library. It has a huge database of books, textbooks, journals, and other helpful materials covering all the BDS subjects. The library team is headed by a well-qualified and well-trained librarian.
The college has a well-built and well-equipped hospital attached where students practice polishing their dental skills.
- Address: Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS), Near Toll Plaza, Etawah Road NH-92, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh-474020.
If you’re a student looking for the right course and specialization, then we are here for you. We understand that the process is tedious and time-consuming, which is why we bring these detailed blogs to you so that you can make an informed decision regarding admission. Go through our other articles on the Best Dental Colleges in India and get in touch with us if you need help in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the stipend for the BDS internship students at the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior?
The college does not offer any stipend to BDS internship students as it is a private college.
2. Are there hostel facilities at the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior?
The college offers excellent hostel facilities. In addition, it also offers excellent mess facilities with hygienic and nutritious food.
3. Is BDS good for the future?
Yes, BDS has one of the most promising career options. There are several career opportunities available for BDS graduates. You can also go for higher education.
4. What are the career options after graduating from the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior?
After graduating from the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior you can set up your own private practice, get into teaching, become a research or forensic associate, or join any private or government hospital as a dentist.
5. What are the courses offered by the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior?
The college offers a five-year-long BDS course.
6. How does the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior decide its cut-off?
The cut-off is decided on the NEET result of that particular academic year in which the candidate wants to take admission.
7. Are the courses offered by the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior recognized by the Dental Council of India?
Yes, all the courses are recognized by the Dental Council of India and affiliated with the Madhya Pradesh Medical Science University, Jabalpur (M.P.).
8. Where can I get information about the courses the Institute of Dental Education & Advance Studies (IDEAS) Gwalior offers?
All the information regarding the courses, seats offered, and fee structure is available on the college’s website which is mentioned in the article.
You can also look for another dental college. All you need to do is click and follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
Note to readers:
In case you have any more additional information regarding the admission process, the courses offered, the fee structure, or the contact information, please do mention it in the comments as it would be helpful for future candidates. It will also give a clearer insight to the candidates who want to take admission. Thank you in advance.