Greetings! We have another edition of our famous blogs on medical and dental colleges. Your consistent positive feedback for our blogs keeps us motivated to bring new content regularly. I am aware that you must now decide which institution to attend and which career option to pursue. Please get in touch with our top-notch staff of counsellors, who will help you at every stage of the admissions process, to make this journey of yours a piece of cake. Now, let’s talk about the Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram.
Table of Contents
- Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Overview
- Admission Procedure
- Courses and Departments
- Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Fees
- Placements & Career Opportunities
- Rankings and Achievements
- On-Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Overview
|Name||Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences, Kanchipuram|
|Address||NH 32, JCK Nagar, Chengalpattu, Kanchipuram Tamilnadu|
|Website||Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Dental Sciences (kids.edu.in)|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated To||Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University|
|Approved By||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Both Girls and Boys|
The college was instituted in the year 2007 by founder Thiru S Regupathy. The institute is a part of the esteemed Karpaga Vinayaga Educational Group. The institute provides the best dental care to the masses and imparts quality dental education to many youngsters.
- The Campus is spread over a wide area with all infrastructure such as hostels, playgrounds, auditoriums, and research laboratories.
- Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram administration boasts about the qualified faculty who have many research publications to their name.
- The college is attached to a hospital with 250 seats that allow students to attend clinical sessions while delivering the best patient care.
- One can find cultural diversity on the campus with students belonging to different corners of the country.
- The student’s life on campus includes both academic progress and extracurricular advancement.
- The college preserves the creative side of the students by allowing them to explore more in the field of arts and culture.
The vision of the college is to develop as a pioneer dental institute in the field of education, research, and patient care.
The college envisages providing an academic environment by developing creativity and innovation skills in students. The students are guided to become social and morally responsible professionals providing dental care equally to all strata of people.
Why Choose KVIDS?
Safe and Secure environment:
The campus ensures a safe and secure environment for students by instituting an anti-ragging committee. The campus is under constant surveillance of the committee members to prevent any instances of ragging and bullying.
The KVIDS administration is proud of the fact that the campus is eco-friendly. The management provides bicycles and battery cars for internal transport. Plastic is not allowed on the campus as the college follows the motto “ Say No to Plastics”.
Research Oriented Education:
The college is well-known for its research activities. The campus has an animal house on the campus. The faculty is known for their research publication in elite science journals and helps students to build research and analytical skills.
The college is accredited by NIRF and NAAC for its advanced infrastructure, campus amenities, renowned faculty, and great teaching methods.
The college conducts orientation programs for first-years to give an idea of how life would be on campus and what the student should aim for while pursuing the course. Aside from that, the NEET orientation program helps final-year students to understand the right approach for the NEET-MDS exam.
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram is one of the premier dental colleges which caters to all academic and non-academic goals of candidates who choose to join the campus. However, not all pursuant are eligible for admission into the BDS and MDs course. One should meet the following eligibility criteria to join the respective courses.
Documents Required for BDS
- Certificate of Birth.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Admit Card of NEET.
- Score Card of NEET.
- Any identity card such as license, Aadhar, etc.
Documents Required for MDS
- Certificate of Birth.
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- BDS Certificate and Marksheet.
- State Dental Council Registration Certificate.
- Score Card of NEET-MDS.
- Any identity card such as licence, Aadhar, etc.
Courses and Departments
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram is an eco-friendly dental institute that provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses to NEET qualified candidates. The students are taught by experienced faculty. The students are moulded to have a research outlook. Let us get into the details of these courses now.
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)||4 years and a 1- year compulsory rotatory internship|
|Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.)||3 years|
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Bachelor of Dental Surgery is one of the sought-after professional courses and is the only Dental Council of India (DCI) approved undergraduate course in the field of dentistry in India. After the completion of this course, the candidate will be a certified dentist.
The students to pursue this course have to appear for the NEET examination after the 12th standard. Based on the rank secured in this exam, one can apply to various dental colleges in the country to pursue the BDS course.
The college has the infrastructure required to conduct practical and clinical sessions for BDS students. The faculty practically teach concepts and help students to develop research skills. The college alumni are famous dental practitioners across the globe.
Master of Dental Surgery
After the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in dentistry, one can appear for NEET-MDS. Based on the rank secured in the exam, candidates can join the 3-year master’s course in a reputed college and desired specialisation. Master of Dental Surgery is approved by the Dental Council of India.
The students in this three-year programme undergo practical and clinical sessions learning various dental surgical methods and treatment methods for wholesome patient care. They receive mentorship in their particular disciplines through in-depth practice and study. After the completion of the course, MDS graduates are hired by famous dental hospitals for the role of dentists, dental surgeons, and dental councilors.
The table below gives us an overview of various departments of dentistry at the Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram.
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||
|Public Health Dentistry||
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Fees
|Programs||Fee Amount/ year (INR)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||–|
|Master of Dental Surgery||–|
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram fee structure will generally be on the high-end as is the case with many dental colleges.
The courses of BDS and MDS are usually priced high which deters many students and parents from joining these courses. However, it is not wise to give up on one’s dream because of financial constraints. There are several scholarship programs offered by governments, colleges, and NGOs. Students should educate themselves about such programs and apply to realize their dream to become dentists.
Apart from the scholarships, students can also take advantage of the educational loans provided by many banks at low interest. So, if you are interested in knowing more about these programs and college fees reach out to us without any inhibition.
Placements & Career Opportunities
The placements and job opportunities that come after pursuing a course is an important aspects to think about before finalizing a career option. Once you have graduated from the BDS course at Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram, you find yourself with the following career options.
The five-year BDS course includes a 1-year mandatory rotatory internship after completion of which one can be certified as a dentist by the Dental Council of India. So, the BDS pursuant should complete this internship at a dental facility to gain practical and clinical experience.
- Master’s Degree in Dental Surgery:
Many dentists aspire to get a master’s degree in any dental field. Such aspirants may appear in the NEET-MDs exam following which one can join a master’s program in a specialisation based on merit. The MDS graduates have high demand in the field of dentistry as they can be recruited as dentists or professors.
- Forensic Dentistry:
One can opt for a forensic course if interested in handling criminal cases. Forensic dentistry is a booming field and allows one to apply for forensic dentist jobs nationally and internationally.
Research is another career option that requires good knowledge and analytical skills. If you are good at both, apply for a PhD program in any reputed institute. You will be able to publish your work in reputed journals and contribute to the growth of the field.
The Cosmetic Industry has seen growth recently and requires dentists to perform cosmetic surgery on the jaw and teeth. This field is remunerative across the globe.
- Government Jobs:
The government conducts exams to recruit dentists for government hospitals and clinics. Getting a government job is quite difficult given the competition but once secure gives a lifetime of security.
- Career Options Abroad:
The BDS certification approved for dental practice by the Dental Council of India is valid in many nations. Therefore, one could establish a clinic in these countries. This is a remunerative career option.
Many dental colleges recruit BDs graduates as lecturers with decent salary packages. If you are in search of immediate placement then this option will suit your needs.
- Clinical practice:
If you want to be self-employed then it is advisable to start a clinic and attend to patients. This is the most common career option among BDS graduates.
- Top recruiters:
Among the top recruiting institutions that seek BDS graduates for the role of a dentist include Fortis Hospitals, Max Super Speciality Hospitals, Apollo Hospitals, and Smile Care Dental Clinic in India.
Rankings and Achievements
Parents and aspirants should check the ranking of a college before joining as it gives a better perspective about the college. The ranking depends on the faculty, academic performance, infrastructure and safe environment of a college. So, it is wise to check the college rankings before applying for a course.
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram is a premier dental institute in Tamil Nadu with experienced faculty and world-class infrastructure. The college is a green campus with an anti-ragging policy. The college is accredited by NIRF and NAAC which reflects its academic and research excellence besides being one of the Top-ranked BDS Colleges in India.
The college facilitates the overall development of an individual and delivers the best dental professionals every year. But if you are curious to know about college rankings and assessment please contact our efficient team to know more details.
Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram Reviews:
- Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram hostels are spacious and well-equipped with a rack, a cot, a chair and a table. The boys and girls are allotted separate hostels with a lift, and a 24/7 water and power supply.
- The students are provided with hot water for bathing in the mornings. The rooms are well-designed with an attached bathroom and are comfortable for residing according to the student’s review.
- The hostels have a mess, a gymnasium, a reading room, and a TV room. The students watch shows and movies after college hours in the TV room. The hostel has a RO drinking water facility. The students avail the laundry facility in the hostel arena.
- The students have to sign a register while leaving and entering the hostel for security purposes. The wardens monitor students’ activities in the hostel. The security is well trained and provided a 24/7 security system.
- Wardens also guide students in case of any help or problem. For security purposes, the girl’s hostels have two gates. The area between the compound wall and the main building is used as a play area by the students.
- Girls play badminton and other games in this area. There is a KIMS hospital on the campus which attends to all the medical emergencies inside the campus.
- The hostels have a waiting hall furnished with a sofa and table for visitors. Hostels are no smoking, no ragging and no plastic zones. The principal and rector pay surprise visits to see the functioning of the hostel system.
- The hostels have attached dining halls and cooking areas. The mess kitchen has modern cooking equipment and steam cooking facilities. The students find the food served in the mess hot, nutritious and delicious.
- Students are given well-balanced vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. The mess is a big and well-furnished hall that can accommodate several students at a time. RO drinking water facility is available in the mess area.
There is a cafeteria on the campus where students are found involved in recreation activities. The food available at the canteen meets all hygiene standards and is affordable. Students are seen shopping for ice creams, fruits, fresh juices, tiffin, snacks, and rice varieties.
There is a CK bakery outlet on the campus that provides cakes and pastries round the clock. With a good ambience and accommodating place, it attracts students from campus most of the time.
The auditorium on the campus is a huge hall with a seating capacity of 1500. It is air-conditioned with state-of-the-art acoustic facilities. The auditorium is the place where the college’s cultural fests, seminars, and conferences are organised. It is well lit and the dais is well situated so that the last person in the hall can see the program without hindrance. Apart from the auditorium, the campus has seminar halls and conference rooms.
Bank and ATM Facility
It would be difficult for students to travel into the city for cash and ATM facilities. But this is not the case with Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram as there is a Canara Bank extension counter on the engineering campus. This helps students to make college fee transactions. For other regular transactions, the students can avail themselves of the services of Axis bank ATM and Indian bank ATM on the campus.
A strong body and a strong mind help individuals to succeed in their goals. Sports are how individuals better themselves physically and mentally. The KVIDS campus provides both outdoor and indoor sports facilities. The students of Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram participate in inter-college and intra-college tournaments.
Apart from this, students also participate in various events during the sports-day celebrations. The students from different houses compete vigorously with dedication and spirit to win medals for their respective houses.
Students can also maintain physical strength by using the gym facility on campus. A gym is a favourite place for many students as they can see their stress and anxiety levels coming down after a workout session. The gym facilities on the campus are well equipped with all cardio and strength training equipment. The gym facilities are open to both students and staff.
- Karpaga Vinayaga Dental College Kanchipuram bus fleet travels across the Chennai, Chengalpattu and Kanchipuram districts to pick and drop off students and staff. Students can choose the route of their transportation while joining the campus.
- The buses are well maintained and provide a safe and secure transportation facility for the KVIDS students. Industrial and Hospital visits are also made convenient with these transport facilities.
Choosing the best dental college to enrol in can be difficult for 12th-grade students. Detailed research and examination of the college’s facilities, professors, setting, and campus safety are necessary before selecting the best dental institution. Before sending their children to college, parents also take into account the college’s reputation, cost, and history.
We comprehend the struggles that kids and parents face and offer first-rate assistance to ensure that your child has an easy time getting into college. To learn more about the services we provide, please get in touch with us as soon as you can.
College Contact Details
Adress: NH 32, JCK Nagar, Chengalpattu, Kanchipuram Tamil Nadu.
- Email: NA.
- Phone: NA.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the duration of BDS and MDS courses?
The BDS course is a five-year-long curriculum with a 1-year internship while the MDS course is a three-year-long course.
2. Does KVIDS have a gymnasium on campus?
KVIDS has a gymnasium on campus with all the necessary equipment to maintain physical fitness.
3. Does KVIDS provide a transport facility?
Yes, KVIDS has a fleet of buses that provide student and staff transport facilities. Aside from this, the college has bicycles on campus to encourage students to use eco-friendly means of transport on campus. It also maintains a battery car for internal transportation.
4. What is the address of the KVIDS?
Address of KVIDS is NH 32, JCK Nagar, Chengalpattu, Kanchipuram Tamil Nadu.
5. How many seats are available for BDS at KVIDS?
100 seats are available for BDS at KVIDS.
6. How is a student's life on campus?
The student's life is exciting on the green campus of KVIDS. They take part in academic and extracurricular activities with enthusiasm and goodwill. The campus facilitates the all-round development of the students.
7. Is there a hostel facility for students at KVIDS?
There is a separate hostel facility for boys and girls on the campus of KVIDS
8. Is the college well connected?
Yes, KVIDS offers a well-connected on-campus experience. It has transport facilities that encourage students to pursue their dream career choice without distance being a hindrance factor. All the teaching and non-teaching faculty, as well as students, are provided with free Wi-Fi services through the college and hostel premises.
Are you looking out for another dental college? If yes. Follow the link below to go through my detailed post on:
A Small Request:
Thank you to all our readers who consult our blog posts and read through them till the end. However, if you are someone who is currently a student or an alumnus of the college, feel free to drop off a crisp review in the comments section. This might seem insignificant to you but will benefit the youngsters a lot. Kindly consider!