Engineering is the practice of using mathematics, science as well as scientific methods to increase productivity, improve performance and bring changes in the systems. Do you want to become an engineer? If yes, Bangalore is the best place with top engineering colleges. In this article, I will be sharing more information on one of them, Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Overview
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore Admission
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Courses Offered
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Overview
Nagarjuna Education Society was founded in the year 1995 by its visionary and industrialist, Sri J.V. Rangaraju. Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology was established in 2001 and came under the Visvesvaraya Technology University, Belagavi.
AICTE, New Delhi recognize courses. The College is NAAC, NBA, and ISO 9001 Certified Institution. Graduate-level Bachelor of Engineering(B.E) and Post Graduate level Master of Technology( M.Tech) Programs are taught in the college.
|Name||Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology|
|Address||Beedaganahalli, Venkatagiri Kote Post, Devanahalli, Bangalore 562110 Karnataka.|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Accreditation||NBA, NAAC A +, ISO 9001|
- To give utmost importance to the transformation of the personality of the student through innovative, experimental, and unique teaching methods.
- To become a Centre of academic excellence in the engineering field.
- To act as a force used for providing various services such as information technology to aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Build a culture of entrepreneurship in the organization.
- Help to prepare the students to face real-life challenges.
- Provide guidance and support to the students.
- To develop a trained and skilled workforce for taking up long-term and short-term assignments.
Why Study at Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore?
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology is among the best engineering colleges in the state of Karnataka. It attracts students from within India as well as abroad.
A few reasons to study at the institution are:
- The Institution has been a pioneer in the field of engineering education for the last 25 years.
- It is a NAAC Accredited and ISO 9001 Certified College.
- Courses come under VTU Belagavi and are recognized by AICTE, New Delhi, and NBA.
- Teaching methodology includes experimental as well as activity-based learning.
- The campus has state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities such as a library, classrooms, hostels, conference hall, placement department, etc.
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore Admission
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section on the website.
- Step 2: An application form will appear, which you must fill up with your personal details.
- Step 3: Upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees on the link provided. Keep a hard copy of the completed application form for reference in the future.
- Step 5: Admissions take place on the basis of the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) and Consortium of Medical, Dental, and Engineering Colleges of Karnataka(COMEDK) entrance examinations. The college also takes lateral entry admission and admission through management quota.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Program
- Bachelor of Engineering(B.E)
Admissions to the B.E Program take place through KCET/COMEDK, Lateral Entry, and management quota.
The Eligibility Criteria differ for various categories under the KCET/COMEDK. You must know your category and fulfill the mentioned criteria for admission. Eligibility for different categories is mentioned below:
The Eligibility criteria for lateral entry admissions to B.E is:
- Aspirants must have passed a qualifying examination like any diploma or any other equivalent examination.
- He/She must have obtained an aggregate score of 45% for the General Category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC students from Karnataka.
Eligibility Criteria for B.E Admissions through the management quota is:
- Candidates must have written either KCET or COMEDK or JEE entrance examination.
- He/ She must have an aggregate score of 50% in 12th Standard or 2nd PUC with subjects like Physics, Maths are compulsory, along with Chemistry or Computer Science or Electronics as optional subjects
Documents Required for Undergraduate Program
Documents Required for engineering admissions through KCET and COMEDK are different. You must check the documents required before going for the counseling process in the engineering college. Documents required under the above-mentioned categories are given below:
|KCET Counselling||COMEDK Counselling|
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Program
- Candidates must have written GATE or Karnataka PGCET examination and have a Valid Score.
- He/ She should have passed the B.E/B.Tech course in the relevant specialization.
- Aspirants from General Category must score at least 50% aggregate in all subjects taken together. For SC/ST/OBC Students, the aggregate score should be at least 45%.
Documents Required for Post Graduate Program
Documents Required during the M. Tech admissions are:
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 10th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- B.E/B.Tech Degree Certificate.’
- Year Wise Marksheet of B.E/B.Tech.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Experience Certificate(if having work experience).
- PGCET examination hall ticket.
- PGCET application form copy.
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Courses Offered
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology offers undergraduate Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) and postgraduate Master of Technology (M.Tech) Courses.
(Bachelor of Engineering – B.E.)
|Post Graduate Courses (Master of Technology – M.Tech)||–|
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.)
Bachelor of Engineering is also known as B.E. It is an undergraduate course for a duration of 4 years. The course is divided into 8 semesters. Students can choose from the various specializations in the engineering stream. Specializations offered by the college are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
B.E(Computer Science and Engineering) is a UG course for a time period of 4 years. The program is the most popular among students. The course is industry-based, and those looking to make a career in computer science can opt for the program.
- CSE Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
B.E(CSE Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning) is a bachelor’s degree for a duration of 4 years. AI and ML are two of the emerging technology domains in the field of information technology. The program develops AI&ML models to identify patterns, perform tasks as well as take desired actions.
Students specialize in robotics, natural language processing, computer vision, cyber security, and business intelligence.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
B.E (Electronics and Communication Engineering) is an undergraduate course in the engineering stream. The time taken to complete the program is 4 years. The Department was started in the year 2001. The course focuses on improving the technical and professional skills required to face the challenges in the technological field.
- Information Science and Engineering
B.E(Information Science and Engineering) is a bachelor’s degree course for a duration of 4 years. Information Science is a multidisciplinary field that deals with the analysis, storage, manipulation, and retrieval of information. The program focuses on understanding the core computer domain, enhancing programming skills, and improving analytical skills.
- CSE Data Science Engineering
B.E. (CSE Data Science Engineering) is a UG course that covers a time period of 4 years. The complete course is divided into 8 semesters.
Data Science comprises preparing data for analysis, cleansing, aggregating, and manipulating data for analysis. During the course, emphasis is given to preparing students for industry exposure.
Civil Engineering is the engineering stream that deals with the infrastructural development of the country. The Department was founded in 2004. The Course aims to impart technical knowledge, skills, and environment to groom and help in the development of the nation.
Master of Technology (M.Tech)
Master of Technology or M. Tech is a postgraduate program for a duration of 2 years. It is a professional PG Degree awarded after completing 2 years of study in specific areas of specialization. Various specializations offered in M. Tech are:
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering and so on.
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore Fee Structure
Nagarjuna College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore fees structure for the different courses offered is mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)||NA|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)||NA|
Nagarjuna College of Engineering Hostel Fees are charged separately from the course fees. Students can opt for A/C and Non A/C Rooms on a sharing basis. Depending on your choice of hostel room, hostel fees are charged accordingly. Mess charges are included in the hostel fees.
Also, check – PES College of Engineering Mandya.
Placements and Scope
The Placement Department of the NCET looks after the internships and final placements of engineering graduates and post-graduates. Student Coordinators are in charge of creating and managing the student database.
It is updated from time to time as per the company’s norms. Inhouse Training includes Aptitude Tests, Group Discussions, and Mock Interviews. Students are groomed to face challenges in the future.
Every year the placement cell organizes on-campus placement activities. Companies are invited to conduct the Aptitude Test, Group Discussion, and Final Interviews. Students get handsome salary packages across various sectors. Some of the companies visiting campus are:
- Crimson Logic.
- Tech Mahindra.
- SLK Software.
- NDS Motors.
- Persistent Systems.
- Nokia and many more.
Rankings and Affiliations
Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore is among the top-ranked engineering colleges in Karnataka. The Institution comes under VTU, Belagavi; the courses are recognized by AICTE, New Delhi, and by NBA.
It is a NAAC A+ Accredited College along with ISO 9001 Certificate. The ranking is good because of the updated course structure, experienced faculties, on-campus facilities, and placements. The minimum average salary package offered is INR 4.5 LPA.
Nagarjuna College of Engineering & Technology Bangalore is located at Venkatagiri Kote Post in Devanahalli. The Institution is well-placed in the heart of the city of Bangalore.
It attracts students from India as well as abroad. The College provides a secure environment for aspiring engineers to live and study during the course duration.
Facilities offered within the college campus are:
The Central Library has a vast collection of around 43,000 books. The first floor has a reference section where the faculty members and students can access reference books and journals. Services available in the library are:
- Reference Section.
- New Books.
- Journals Section.
- Web Online Public Access Catalog.
- Digital Library Service.
- Internet Service and so on.
Student Grievance Redressal Cell
Student members constitute the Cell along with faculty members. Its main objective is to find solutions to student problems. It also caters to the well-being of the students on the college campus.
Ragging is strictly prohibited on campus. To ensure that the students follow the rules and regulations of the college, there is an anti-ragging committee. It comprises of Committee Members and Flying Squads who keep monitoring to prevent ragging activities within the college.
Apart from the above, the other facilities offered on campus are:
- SC/ST Committee.
- Sports Facility.
- Conference Hall.
- Alumni Committee.
College Contact Details
- Address: Beedaganahalli, Venkatagiri Kote Post, Devanahalli, Bangalore 562110 Karnataka.
- Distance from Kempegowda International Airport: 27.1 km.
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 49.9 km.
- Distance from Nearest Metro station: Vijayapura Metro Station 12.3 km.
For more details about the college, write to us or mention your queries in the comments section below. I assure you I will revert back soon. Our team of experienced couselors will help you through the admission process. Thanks in advance!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology NIRF Ranking?
The NIRF Ranking of Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology is 151-300 at the All India Level in the year 2023.
2. How much is Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore CET cutoff for B.E Computer Science and Engineering?
The CET cutoff for B.E Computer Science and Engineering is 40187 Rank in Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore.
3. The College is affiliated to which University?
The College is affiliated to VTU, Belagavi.
4. How much is the average package offered at NCET?
The average salary package offered at NCET is INR 4.5 LPA.
5. Does Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore offer hostel accommodation?
Yes, Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology Bangalore offers hostel accommodation.
6. Is the college NAAC Accredited?
Yes, the college is NAAC A+ Accredited.
7. What is the duration of the B.E Course?
The duration of the B.E Course is 4 years.
8. How many specialisations are given in the B.E Course by the college?
The College gives 6 specialisations in the B.E Course.
A small ask
If you are an alumnus who has studied or an engineering student pursuing a course in the institution, I will request you to spare a few minutes of your time to write a review for us. Help you know what you like and dislike about the college. Your opinion can make the future of an upcoming engineer.