Dentistry is a branch in the field of medicine, which includes diagnosing, treating, managing, and treating ailments related to the mouth, teeth, gums, and jaws. Your oral health impacts the complete mind and body. Are you interested in knowing more about dental care? Which course should I go for? No worries. I will help you. Dental sciences are among the popular courses in medicine. There are numerous excellent Dental Schools in India. Now, let me share details about NIMS Dental College Jaipur.
Table of Contents
- NIMS Dental College Jaipur Overview
- NIMS Dental College Admissions
- NIMS Dental College Courses
- NIMS Dental College Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Rankings & Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
NIMS Dental College Jaipur Overview
NIMS University is among the top private Universities in the State of Rajasthan. It is among the leading institutions which are known for its quality of education in various disciplines. The University was founded under the NIMS University Act of 2008. It’s sprawling campus is located on the foothills of the Aravalli Hills in the city of Jaipur. NIMS Dental College Jaipur began in the year 2008.
|Name||NIMS Dental College|
|Address||NIMS University, Jaipur-Delhi Highway (NH-11C), Jaipur 303121, Rajasthan, India.|
|Affiliated to||NIMS University, Jaipur|
|Approved by||Dental Council of India|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Vision of the institution is to provide formal education by providing excellent facilities and by following best practices in the field.
The mission of the college is to help create a learning environment for the students. To promote academic research activities and ensure that healthcare is available to all sections of society.
Why choose NIMS Dental College Jaipur?
The Institution is among the well-known college in the field of dentistry. A few reasons to pursue a course in the college are:
- NIMS University Campus is located in a built-up area of around 22 lacs square feet.
- The faculties of medicine have been taken from top medical institutions like AIIMS, PGI, KGMC, and other well-known institutions in the country.
- It has a state-of-the-art library in an area of 46 square feet, with a vast collection of 55,000 books.
- The College provides well-furnished hostel facilities for boys and girls.
NIMS Dental College Admissions
Admission Procedure for the courses offered at NIMS Dental College Jaipur is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the admissions link.
- Step 2: Complete the filing of your application form with the correct details.
- Step 3: After filing the application, upload the documents.
- Step 4: Pay your fees for the application and keep a copy for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BDS
To get admission to BDS, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have passed 12th Standard or 10+2 or any other equivalent examination.
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English subjects.
- The aggregate score of PCB for the General Category is 50% and 40% in SC or ST or OBC students.
- He/she must be NEET qualified.
- Minimum age must be 17 years as of 31st December in the year of admissions.
Documents required for BDS
Documents which you need to carry during the time of admissions are:
- Admit Card of NEET examination.
- Scorecard of NEET.
- 10th Standard Marks card.
- 10th Standard Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marks card.
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Domicile Certificate.
- SC/ST/Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Valid Government Identity Proof (Aadhar/PAN/Driving License/Passport).
- Recent photographs.
Eligibility Criteria for MDS
You are required to satisfy the following eligibility for MDS admissions:
- Candidates must have completed BDS from a recognized college or university.
- Must have finished 1 year of internship after the course.
- Minimum score for the General category is 50% and for SC/ST/OBC is 40%.
- Should have qualified in the NEET examination.
Documents required for MDS
Documents which are needed during MDS admissions are:
- NEET MDS Marks card.
- NEET MDS Admit Card.
- BDS Passing Certificate.
- Year-wise mark sheet of BDS.
- Internship Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Identity Proof.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate.
- Recent photos.
NIMS Dental College Courses
NIMS Dental College Jaipur offers undergraduate, Bachelor of Dental Surgery, and post-graduate level, Master of Dental Surgery.
Bachelor of Dental Surgery
BDS is also referred to as Bachelor of Dental Surgery. The program covers a duration of 5 years, which includes 4 years of academics and 1 year of internship. The annual intake for the program is 100 students. The course curriculum is approved by the Dental Council of India. In this program, students learn the requisite skills, acquire knowledge as well as develop the values to become a dentist.
The aspirants are given in-depth knowledge about diagnosis, prevention, and treatments of illnesses related to the teeth, jaws, mouth and other related parts.
Master of Dental Surgery
Master of Dental Surgery is also called MDS. It is a course for a duration of 3 years. The program gives vast knowledge about specialized areas in dental sciences. The students get to learn more about dental problems related to teeth, gums, jaws and overall oral health. Specializations offered by the college are:
- Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology.
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial.
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
NIMS Dental College Fees
The course fees for the various courses at NIMS Dental College Jaipur for the year 2022-23 are:
|Course||Fees/Year (Indian Students)||Fees/Year (Foreign Students)|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery||INR 1.75 LPA||INR 2.10 LPA|
|Master of Dental Surgery||INR 5.50 LPA||INR 6.60 LPA|
NIMS University provides assistance to students from various streams based on the academic performance and their needs. The institution believes in awarding students for their academic excellence as well as hard work. Around 50,000 deserving applicants have received the scholarships. Scholarships given by the University are:
- Scholarships after the 12th.
- Scholarships based on NIMS Entrance examination.
- Scholarship after Graduation.
- Scholarships for State and National Level Players.
- Scholarships for State and National level entrance examination.
- Scholarship for NIMS Alumni.
- Defense Scholarships.
Payment Method Options
Payment Method Options are the different techniques used for paying course fees. These methods offer convenience and ease of making payments. Some of the options available are:
- Demand Draft.
- Online Banking.
- Payment through UPI.
Placements & Scope
The placement department at the NIMS Dental College Jaipur is in charge of looking after the placements and internships for the students. Students are selected as Committee Members who look after the placement activities.
Objectives of the Placement Department
The main objectives of the placement department are:
- To look after the placement-related activities in the college.
- To coordinate with the prospective recruiters to arrange for placement activities and interviews.
- Help to get the student prepared for aptitude tests, group discussions, and technical and HR Interviews for trainers.
- Assist in providing internships and pre-placement and final placement for its students.
Rankings & Recognitions
NIMS Dental College Jaipur is ranked among the best colleges in Rajasthan. The institution comes under Rajasthan Health Sciences University, Jaipur. Programs are recognized by the DCI. The ranking is good because of its faculty members, course structure, infrastructure, and placements. Students are offered placements in the top organizations. Some of the awards and recognitions received by the College are:
- NIMS University was awarded the Best University for Skill Development in the year 2018 and 2019.
- National Education Excellence Award by ASSOCHAM as the Best University for the year 2017.
- International Excellence Award 2017 as the Best Private University.
- Six Sigma Healthcare Award 2015 for NIMS University, Jaipur.
- Best Private University in India 2017, awarded by Centre for Education Growth and Research.
- It was awarded the Best Private University, given by Times Research in 2013.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
NIMS University is located on National Highway No 11, which is on the Jaipur Delhi Highway. The Campus is spread over around 32 acres of land, with excellent infrastructure facilities for learning and living. Students from various states come here to live here and study. The institution assures safety and security within the premises. Various amenities within the campus are:
The in-house residential facility is provided for both boys and girls. The college takes care of the privacy and security of the hostilities. You can choose your rooms from different options like a single room, a triple room and four rooms. Each room is well equipped with a television, the internet as well as a pantry.
All the hostels are fully air-conditioned and comfortable. They also provide a conducive environment for students to learn and study.
The institution provides healthy and nutritious food to all the students. There are 8 cafeterias spread across the campus. Students get their meals free of cost. A nutritionist monitors the diet given to them.
The Institution gives a lot of importance to the overall development of the students. The Campus has an indoor gymnasium with basketball, tennis, and badminton courts. Every hostel has a yoga center with an instructor.
The library at NIMS Dental College Jaipur is spread over around 2500 square meters. There is a vast collection of 62166 books with different titles. It has subscribed to 288 national and international journals. The services are fully automated with the library management services.
Classrooms at the institution are spacious and fully equipped with modern teaching aids for presentations and lectures. They are designed in the style of an amphitheater which helps in student-faculty coordination.
Medical and Emergency Services
NIMS University has a super specialty hospital within the college premises. It runs rounds the clock with specialist doctors and staff. There are ambulances and vans with specialized emergency equipment.
The University gives utmost importance to the safety and security of its students. The whole campus including hostels, classrooms, residential areas, mess and cafeteria has CCTV cameras for surveillance. There is a security patrol and security guards are present during the day and night respectively.
NIMS Dental College Jaipur has also arranged for other facilities such as:
- Post office.
College Contact Details
- Address: 5XR3+H9H, NH11C, Puth Ka Bas at Chawa Ka Bas, Rajasthan 303121.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Phone: 0141 238 8966.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. The College comes under which university?
The College comes under Rajasthan Health Sciences University, Jaipur.
2. Are the courses approved?
Yes, the courses are approved by DCI.
3. What are the course offered at NIMS Dental College Jaipur?
The course offered are Bachelor of Dental Surgery and Master of Dental Surgery.
4. When was the college founded?
The College was founded in the year 2006.
5. Does the institution have hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college has hostel accommodation.
6. How much time will it take to finish the BDS course?
It will take 5 years to finish the BDS course.
7. How many specializations does the college offer in MDS course?
The College offers 9 specializations in the MDS course.
8. How much is the fees for the BDS program?
The yearly fee for the BDS program is INR 1.75 LPA.
If you’d like to read our detailed article on a different dental college, click and follow the link below:
Take some time
I would like to spare a few minutes of your valuable time for us. You can write a review about the college in the comments box below. Your views and opinions can be helpful to the forthcoming dental aspirants. If you find the post useful, share it with friends and family. Thanks for your time!