Engineering is known as the art or science, where there is application of physics and chemistry, to build structures like buildings, bridges, engines, mines, buildings as well as chemical plants. Engineers are professionals who possess the ability to solve complex problems, using cost effective and practical applications. Would you like to become an engineer? If yes, then let me help you out. Karnataka is the hub of the best engineering colleges in the country. I will give you more information about RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore in this article.
Table of Contents
- RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore Overview
- RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore Admission
- RNS Institute of Technology Courses Offered
- RNS Institute of Technology Fees Structure
- RNS Institute of Technology Placements & Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore Overview
The visionary behind the foundation of the institution is Dr R N Shetty, who is an educationist, philantrophist as well as an industrialist.It was founded in the year 2001. The main purpose of the college is to provide quality education in the fields of technology, engineering and management. It offers 9 undergraduate courses and 4 post graduate courses. Mr Satish Shetty is the Managing Trustee of RNS Group of Institutions and Dr M K Venkatesha is the Principal of the institution.
|Name||RNS Institute of Technology|
|Address||R R Nagar Post, Channasandra, Bangalore 560098.|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|Approved by||AICTE,New Delhi|
|Accreditation||NBA, New Delhi, NAAC A +|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Vision of the college is to become a world class centre of excellence in the fields of management, technology as well as engineering.
The mission of the institution is:
- To attract students and prepare them with strong basic fundamentals, from various streams so that they are able to make contributions to society and the nation.
- Provide need-based, skilled, value-based, and also imparting value-based education, so as to produce world-class professionals, who are socially responsible.
- Help to provide excellence in the fields of teaching, training, and consultancy, in order to make scholarly faculty and students.
- Providing exposure to the students in various streams of knowledge and making them ready for industry, entrepreneurship, higher education, and consultancy.
Why study at RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore?
RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore is among the top engineering colleges in the city. It attracts students from various parts of the country and abroad. You must pursue a course here because:
- It is known to be among the premier engineering institutions in India with NAAC A + Accreditation.
- The institution imparts standard education in the field of education, technology as well as management.
- The green landscaped campus is well equipped with the state of art infrastructure facilities, and modernised labs and also conducts different activities.
- College provides excellent placement packages with the top multinational companies.
- There are around 300 faculties who are experienced, qualified as well as experienced in their respective streams of engineering.
RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore Admission
The admission procedure for the various UG, PG, and doctoral programs is as follows:
- Admissions to the courses are based on the scores of entrance examinations like CET, COMEDK, JEE, GATE, PGCET, and KMAT.
- You must create your profile using your name, email, and phone number.
- Once you have created your profile, fill up the application form with your personal details.
- Upload the required documents.
- After finishing the uploading of documents, you will get a link to pay the fees of the application.
- Pay the application fees and the application number will get generated to use for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
In order to get admissions to the UG courses,you must satisfy the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed 12th Standard or 10 +2 from a well known institution with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Maths subjects respectively.
- He/She must have scored 50% as the aggregate score.
- Minimum age for admissions is 18 years and the maximum age is 24 years.
Documents Required for B.Tech Admission
You must bring along the given documents during admissions to the UG courses:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class or PUC Marksheet.
- Entrance Examination Scorecard.
- Diploma Certificate for lateral admissions.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Certificate of Migration.
- 5 passport size photos.
- Caste Certificate(if applicable).
- Aadhar Card.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
The eligibility criteria for admissions to M.Tech courses are:
- Aspirants must have valid B.Tech or B Tech Degree from a recognised college or university.
- He/She must have written the GATE entrance examination.
- Students who have completed five year scientific or applied science are eligible to apply.
- Those who have studied M Sc with science, computer science etc are eligible to apply.
- MCA students with software design are eligible to apply.
Documents Required for M.Tech Admission
Documents required for admissions to M.Tech courses are:
- 10th and 12th Class Marksheet.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Entrance examination scorecard.
- Degree Certificate Passing and Completion Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Passport size photos.
RNS Institute of Technology Courses Offered
RNS Institute of Technology offers bachelor’s degree B.Tech and post graduate M.Tech Degree.
Bachelor of Technology is also known as B.Tech. It is an undergraduate course in engineering which covers both the aspects of engineering and technology. The course is designed to develop the technical skills of aspirants who wish to work in sectors of Technology and Development. It comprises both theoretical as well as practical aspects. Students get to learn more about different hardware and software streams.
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) : CSE is a bachelor’s degree course for a period of 4 years. The College intake for the course is 180 students. It focuses on the learning of both the hardware and software systems.The program offers specialisations in Data Science and Cyber Security.
- Information Science and Engineering (ISE) : ISE also refers to bachelor of engineering in information science and engineering. The UG course is for a time period of 4 years. The annual intake for the course is 180 students.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE) : ECE began in the year 2001. It is known as Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering.The intake of the course is 180.
- Electricals and Electronics Engineering(EEE) : The course was started in the year 2004. It has an annual intake of 60 seats. The program is NAAC A Accredited and also has NBA Accreditation.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE) : EIE is also called bachelor of engineering in electronics and instrumentation engineering. The number of students taken for the course is 60 students.
- Mechanical Engineering : The program began in the year 2011. Mechanical Engineering is a UG program for a duration of 4 years. Its main objective is to analyse and solve complex engineering problems.
- Civil Engineering : Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering began in 2014. Its annual intake is 60 seats. Its purpose is to create a centre of academic excellence in field of technical education.
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI&ML) : AI&ML is a undergraduate course for a duration of 4 years.The program aims to develop the students in the field of artificial intelligence ,machine learning, Python, Cloud Computing etc.
M.Tech or Master of Technology is a postgraduate engineering awarded to candidates after completion of bachelor’s degree in the field of engineering. Students can pursue higher studies after completing the M.Tech Degree.The course is designed to provide knowledge in specialised areas. Different specialisations offered in M.Tech are:
- Computer Science and Engineering : Master of Technology in CSE is a post graduate program for a duration of 2 years.The program is recognised by VTU. The annual intake of students is 18.
- Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) : VLSI is a PG course for a time period of 2 years.The number of students taken for the course is 18.The program is recognised by VTU, Belagavi.
RNS Institute of Technology Fees Structure
The course fees for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses at RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore is are given below:
|B.Tech Computer Science||INR 6.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Information Science||INR 5.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Electricals and Electronics Engineering||INR 4.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Cyber Security||INR 4.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Artificial Intelligence||INR 4.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Data Science||INR 4.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Civil Engineering||INR 1.5 LPA|
|B.Tech Mechanical Engineering||INR 1.5 LPA|
- Students are charged hostel fees of INR 1 LPA for all the engineering specialisations.
Mode of Payment
The college offers different kinds of modes of payment, in order to create convenience in the payment of fees.Methods of payment given by the institution are:
- Online Banking.
- Demand Draft.
- UPI Payment.
You can read my in-depth post about the Management Quota fees at RNS Institute of Technology if you’re looking for detailed information about the fee structures of various programmes.
RNS Institute of Technology Placements & Scope
The placement department at RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore placements and internships to the BE and M.Tech students.Head of the Placement Department is Dr Mamtha G. It improves the student employability by organising training programs in mathematical ability,language skills,analytical as well as technical skills.Apart from it,online mock tests and training sessions are organised by the industry experts.
The Institution is among the top colleges in the engineering stream.Top Companies visit the campus for recruiting students for final placements and internships. The highest salary package offered this year is INR 55 LPA.Top Recruiters for engineering are:
Rankings and Recognitions
RNS Institute of Technology Bangalore is top rated engineering college in the state of Karnataka. The institution comes under VTU. Its courses are approved by AICTE, New Delhi as well as NBA.t is having NAAC A+ Accreditation.The ranking is excellent because of the state of art infrastructure facilities, qualified faculties, updated course and excellent placements. Students get offers of upto INR 55 LPA.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The institution finds its location in R R Nagar, which is in Channasandra, in Bangalore city. Its lush green landscaped campus offers the best infrastructure facilities, with the most conducive environment to live and study. It ensures to provide a safe environment for the students. Facilities given to the students on campus are:
There are 3 hostels, out of which 2 are boys hostel and 1 is the girls hostel.The hostel rooms are well ventilated with facilities available for the students. Mess facility is charged to the students on a separate basis.
Indoor and Outdoor Games Facilities
Indoor and Outdoor games facilities are available for sports like Cricket, Volleyball,Basketball,Kabaddi and Athletics. Students are given training by the coaches and they are motivated to take part in various state and national level championships.
The Institution has a 1200 seating capacity,modernised and well equipped auditorium.It is a place where the seminars, conferences and workshops take place.Cultural are also organised here every year.
The other facilities which are given to students on the campus are:
- Cultural Activity Club.
- Technical Clubs.
- Social Responsibilities.
College Contact Details
- Address: Dr Vishnuvardhan Road, R R Nagar Post, Channasandra, Bangalore 560098.
- Nearest Bus Stop: Uttarahalli Main Road 400m.
- Nearest Metro Station: Lalbagh Metro station 11.3 kms.
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 13.9 kms.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What courses are offered by RNS Institute of Technology?
The courses offered by RNS Institute of Technology are undergraduate B.Tech and post graduate M.Tech.
2. How much time does it take to complete the B.Tech course?
It takes 4 years to complete the B.Tech course.
3. Which specializations are given in B.Tech course?
The specializations offerings in B.Tech Course are CSE,ISE,ECE, Mechanical,Civil as well as AI and ML.
4. How much is the time duration of the M.Tech Course?
M.Tech course is a post graduate course for a duration of 2 years.
5. Which specializations are offered in M.Tech?
The specialisations offered in M.Tech are CSE and VLSI.
6. How much is the highest salary package given for engineering graduates?
The highest salary package offered to engineering graduates is INR 55 LPA.
7. Who are the top recruiters for B.Tech graduates?
The top recruiters for B.Tech graduates are Tech Mahindra, Capgemini,TCS,Wipro and so on.
8. Is hostel accommodation provided to the students?
Yes, hostel accommodation is provided to the students.
A small help
If you are an alumni or a student who is currently pursuing the course in the institution, I would request you to write a review about the college. Your opinion can help in making the career of a future engineer.