Would you like to become a doctor who can heal? Is Naturopathy a good career option? Let me help you with the answers. Naturopathy is an alternative system of medicine that uses natural substances for treating ailments. Professionals who perform these treatments are Naturopaths. Tenkasi is a District in Tamilnadu. There is only one naturopathy college, S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi. Let me share more information about the institution!
Table of Contents
- S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Overview
- S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Admission
- S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Courses Offered
- S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Overview
Thiru K Subramania Nadar Vadivoo Ammal Educational Trust established S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi in the year 2020. The founders of the College were Shri K Subramania Nadar and Vadivoo Ammal. The College comes under TN Dr. MGR University, Chennai. The Co-educational institution offers a Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences. The annual intake is 100 students per year.
|Name||S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi|
|Address||Vasudenallur, Athuvazhi, Tenkasi 627758-Tamil Nadu.|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu, Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Health and Family Welfare Ministry, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The vision of the college is to provide standardized medical education to the students. It will help to deliver the best healthcare services to the community at a minimal cost.
The Mission of the College is to deliver healthcare to the public using innovative methods of care, service, innovation, excellence as well as quality. The patient should recognize the institution as the best place to study and practice medicine.
Why Study at S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi?
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi is amongst the well-known naturopathy colleges in Tenkasi. The college attracts students within as well as outside Tamilnadu. A few reasons to study here are:
- Faculty Members are knowledgeable, experienced as well as qualified in the naturopathy field.
- The College gives top class infrastructure facilities such as hostels, transport, labs, library, recreation, teaching hospital and canteen.
- A 100-bed teaching hospital is located within the premises. The hospital is well-equipped with modernized facilities and naturopathic doctors. Specialized treatments are given at reasonable rates.
- Students get placements in the top healthcare organizations in the country.
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Admission
The admission procedure for the BNYS Degree in the institution is given below:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: An application form will appear, which you must fill with your personal details.
- Step 3: On completion, you must pay the application fees in the link given.
- Step 4: After fee payment, you can take a printout of the completed application form.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
The academic eligibility criteria for the BNYS Course is decided based on the guidelines of the University. Aspiring students are supposed to satisfy their eligibility for admission to the BNYS Program. The eligibility criteria are:
- Candidates must have passed the 12th Class or PUC from a recognized college or institution.
- He/ She must have secured a minimum aggregate score of 45% in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Aggregate marks for OC 50%/BC 45%/ MBC 40%/SC 35%.
- Students must be physically fit to take up the course.
Documents Required for BNYS
At the time of visiting the college for the counseling, you are supposed to bring the following documents along with the application form:
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet or PUC Certificate.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- Birth Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Migration Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate certified by a Naturopathy and Yoga Practitioner or Allopathic Practitioner.
- Recent Passport Size Photos.
- Stamp Size Photos.
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Courses Offered
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi offers a UG medical degree program, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS). Number of students taken for the course is 100.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
BNYS, or Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, is a bachelor’s level course for a duration of 5 and half years. The Course includes 4 and half years of academics and 1 year of compulsory internship. The UG program focuses on understanding the elements of yoga and naturopathy. Students usually learn more about the body’s defense mechanisms and help to lead a healthy lifestyle.
BNYS Course Curriculum
BNYS Course Structure gives a deeper understanding of the concepts of naturopathy and the philosophies and methods used in the application. The Aspiring Naturopaths are required to complete one year of compulsory internship and show the development of skills. Some of the subjects covered in BNYS are:
- Human Microbiology.
- Human Anatomy.
- Community Medicine.
- Hospital Management.
- Human Physiology.
- Yoga Therapy.
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Fee Structure
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Fees Structure for the BNYS Course is given below:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)||NA|
BNYS Course fees comprise the yearly fees, one-time deposit, and other miscellaneous expenses. Hostel and Mess Charges are charged separately from the students. Students must pay these fees at the time of getting admission to the course.
How will the fee payment be done? Should I pay the complete fees or in installments? These are a few questions arising in the minds of worried parents and students. Let me help you. The College ensures that the parents or guardians and the students are given the convenience of fee payment by giving them options to make the fee payment. Some of the modes of payment are:
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
- Bank Transfer.
- UPI Transfer.
- Online Banking.
- Demand Draft.
Placements and Scope
Placements are an integral part of career development for any medical student. S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Placement Cell looks after the internships as well as placements of the BNYS Students. Various career-related activities are organized to groom, develop, and train the students to become aware of the current happenings in the field of naturopathy. Handsome salary packages are offered in the best hospitals.
The Naturopathy and Yoga Hospital is located at Vasudevanallur in the Tenkasi District in Tamilnadu. The hospital provides 24-hour inpatient services with fully furnished rooms with individual treatment sections for men and women. Outpatient services are available during the hospital timings. Doctors are well experienced and qualified to ensure the complete cure of the patients. Facilities given to the patients in the hospital are:
- Luxurious suites and individual rooms.
- Well-ventilated Rooms.
- Well-maintained organic herbal garden.
- Yoga Hall.
- Separate Treatment Sections for Males and Females.
- Experts Doctor Consultation.
- Well Equipped Treatment Methods.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. The College is a well-known institution in the Tenkasi District. Its ranking is good because of its well-experienced faculty members, updated syllabus, teaching hospital, and placements. Students get exposure to the clinical training during the period of internship. Internships are offered in the best hospitals in Tamil Nadu.
On Campus Facilities
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi Address is located at Vasudevanallur, Athuvazhi, which is in the Tenkasi District of Tamil Nadu. The well-planned and lush green campus offers the best amenities to aspiring medical students who have come to study from various parts of the country. The safety and security of the boys and girls is ensured by the institutions.
Amenities given to the students within campus are:
The library is a knowledge Centre of the college. It has a vast collection of around 3000 books in different streams of medicine, including Indian and International Authors. It has subscriptions to various national as well as international journals.
Advanced and well-equipped labs for subjects like Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology. There is a separate Dissection Hall and Anatomy Museum that provides exposure to the aspirants to learn more about Human Medical Sciences.
BNYS is a fully residential program where the students are required to stay in the hostels during the duration of study. The College provides transport facilities for students to go to health camps in and around the District of Tenkasi. Transport is also available twice a month for outings of students and staff.
A few other facilities arranged by the college within the campus are:
- Lecture Hall.
- Teaching Hospital.
College Contact Details
- Address: Vasudevanallur, Athuvazhi, Tenkasi 627758-Tamil Nadu.
- Distance from Tenkasi Bus Stand: 38.7 km.
- Distance from Tenkasi Railway Station: 40.5 km.
- Distance from Kayathar Old Airport: 73.6 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi established?
S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi was established in the year 2020.
2. Which course is offered by the S Thangapazham institution?
The undergraduate level program BNYS is offered by the institution.
3. Does BNYS have a good scope?
Yes, BNYS has a good scope. After completing BNYS there are opportunities in various public and government organisations, NGO’s, Speciality Hospitals and Fitness Centres.
4. Is Sanskrit compulsory for BNYS?
No, Sanskrit is not compulsory for BNYS.
5. How many seats are there for BNYS?
There are 100 seats for BNYS.
6. Does the S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi offer scholarships?
Yes, the S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi offers scholarships.
7. How much is the average salary of BNYS in India?
The average salary of BNYS in India is INR 4.8 LPA.
8. Will the college provide internships and placements?
Yes, the college provides internships and placements.
A Small Ask
I hope you are going through my articles regularly and finding them interesting. Please like and share with your friends and family. To know more about the college, post your query in the comments section. I will respond as soon as possible. Kindly write a review about the institution. You can bring change in an aspiring naturopath’s life. Thanks in advance!