Are you preparing to head off to college? If you are, there must be a tonne of information you’ll need about prospective institutions. Well, don’t worry! Hop on board to gain insights into Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bangalore. This student-friendly blog will give you foolproof information about every aspect of the college to help you on your quest. Read ahead to know more about the college’s admission process, courses, fees, placements, departments, scholarships etc.
Table of Contents
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Overview
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Courses
- Course-wise Seat Allocation and Quota Division
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Admission Criteria
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Fees and Scholarships
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Application Process
- Payment Procedure
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Placements
- Management Governing Council
- Facilities of Sapthagiri College of Engineering
- Sapthagiri College of Engineering Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Overview
Considered to be India’s MOST TRUSTED Engineering Institute, Sapthagiri College of Engineering takes pride in being placed under VTU (Visweswaraya Technological University). Sapthagiri College’s ranking has skyrocketed to the 36th position among the top engineering colleges in India by the NIRF and the 98th position in the Silicon India survey. As an added credential, it is an ISO 9001:2005 Certified Institute with an ‘A’ Grade Accreditation by NAAC and the NBA.
The College was established in 2001 at Hessarghatta Road, Bangalore, to provide a quality education that meets global standards with experienced faculty and a hands-on training curriculum. The institution offers a pool of courses in the engineering sphere, such as EEE (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering), ISE (Information Science and Engineering), Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.
The primary motto of Sapthagiri College is to make its curriculum student-centric. Using world-class education methods, the institution nurtures its students to grow their talents through teamwork, thereby creating a new generation of Indian citizens with a worthy skillset to shine across industries and meet societal requirements.
The bottom line is that the students who are tomorrow’s professionals will not just be regular employees but the powerhouses to impart knowledge for the growth of future India.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Courses
Sapthagiri College offers a clutch of attractive undergraduate and research courses to its students. So, if you are interested, go ahead and scroll through the various courses offered by the institution classified under the two subheadings for your easy understanding;
UG Program: BE (Bachelor of Engineering)
Here, you can choose from eight excellent specializations:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering: The course focuses on creating entrepreneurs rather than employees with a practical approach to learning.
- Computer Science & Engineering: The course focuses on generating qualified I.T. professionals and computer engineers with the competency to address technological and industrial demands.
- Information Science & Engineering: The course helps curate creative ideas for Information Technology, and grooms students into responsible professionals.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering: The course sculpts EEE graduates ‘for the nation.’ There is hands-on training with industry experts to impart quality technical education.
- Mechanical Engineering: This high-demand course exposes students to the country’s Automobile, Aerospace, and Defence sectors to cater the societal requirements.
- Civil Engineering: The course results in creating sound knowledge of the practical and the theoretical aspects with industrial and academic experience, thereby imparting research-oriented and technical competency to its students.
- Biotechnology: Industrial and academic exposure is given to students to become instruments for the nation’s economic growth in biotechnology.
- Basic Science: The course consists of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. It provides quality education in engineering physics with its branches across chemical sciences, and foundational mathematical engineering ideas and concepts.
The college offers eight research programs where students are undertaken by a guide to complete their thesis:
- Biotechnology Engineering.
- Computer science & Engineering.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Information Science Engineering.
Course-wise Seat Allocation and Quota Division
The following table shows the allocation of the courses with the number of available seats
|S. No.||Course Name||Total allocated seats|
|1.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||120|
|2.||Computer Science & Engineering||120|
|3.||Information Science & Engineering||120|
|4.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120|
The college offers the following quotas through which aspiring students can become a part of the Institution.
- CET quota is for residents of Karnataka. Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the CET examination. For more information, visit www.kea.kar.nic.in. 45% of the students get placed through this quota.
- COMEDK is an examination for both residents and non-residents of Karnataka conducted by the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association Authority. Check this link for more information- www.comedk.org. 30% of the students get placed through this quota.
- The candidates’ (either residents or non-residents of Karnataka) merit obtains management quota after counseling and qualifying minor norms of the admission requirements. These details will be announced shortly on the website between May and June.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Admission Criteria
Abiding by the laws of the Karnataka Government and AICTE Norms, the candidates applying for any of the undergraduate courses must fulfil the following criteria without which the application stands cancelled.
- A passing percentage is required in 2nd PUC/ 12th/ 10th or other qualifying exams with English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum aggregate of 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer Science.
- 40% marks are mandatory for candidates from SC, ST, Cat-1, 2 (A & B), 3 (A & B) category candidates).
- The candidate must possess a qualifying rank in the CET or COMEDK entrance test.
- Also, the candidate must have qualifying grades in JEE Main and UGET exams.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Fees and Scholarships
The following table shows Sapthagiri College of Engineering’s fees for both undergraduate and MTech courses:
|S. No.||Course||Fees (per year)||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||BE (3-4 years)||₹ 1.76- 3.34 lakhs||10+2 with 45% + JEE Main|
|2||M-Tech (2 years)||Up to ₹ 1.28 lakhs||Graduation with at least 50% + GATE|
Nevertheless, the college offers online scholarships for students prevailing from low-income families. This is classified as:
- Families with income below 2.5 lakh get categorized under GT-1.
- Families with income below 1 lakh get categorized under 2A, 3A, and 3B.
Moreover, as an advantage for its students, the College offers all Government and State scholarships. In case you wish to apply for a scholarship after you get admitted into the College, here are some required documents you have to submit to the college while paying the fees. For B.E Candidates
- SSLC mark sheet
- PU mark sheet / TC
- B.E. 1st/ 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th/ 5th/ 6th/ year mark sheet.
- Paid fee receipt
- Diploma mark card of 5th and 6th semester
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Student’s Bank Passbook 1st page photocopy
- Aadhar and Ration card photocopy
For M. Tech Candidates
- M.Tech 1st Year or BE 7th and 8th Sem Mark sheet
- M.Tech 2nd Year, M.Tech (1st and 2nd Sem) MarksCard
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Student’s Bank Passbook 1st page photocopy
- Aadhar and Ration card photocopy
Note: In case you are applying for an online scholarship, scan the documents upto a 100 KB file size.
Students from the SC, ST, or Defence categories with an income between INR 2,50,000- INR 10,00,000 who wish to apply for the scholarship, must submit the following documents with the application form:
- CET order
- Dependent children of defense personnel need to enclose Part A, Part B. / Defence Certificate
- Caste proof
- Proof of income
- Aadhar card
- Government employees or pensioner’s salary certificate/ payslip
- Guardian’s income certificate (if the parents are deceased)
- Student bank account number (IFSC / RTGS and recent transaction copy).
- Copy of the college fees receipt is mandatory.
- Marks sheets to be enclosed must follow this order:
For B.E Candidates:
- 1st Year B.E students – SSLC & PUC
- 2nd Year B.E students – SSLC, I & II Sem BE / Diploma
- 3rd Year B.E students – SSLC, III & IV Sem BE
- 4th Year B.E students – SSLC, V & VI Sem BE Marksheet.
For M. Tech Candidates:
- 1st Year M.Tech students – SSLC & VII & VIII Sem BE Marksheet.
- 2nd Year M.Tech students – SSLC & I & II Sem BE Marksheet.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Application Process
If you are interested, apply here after reading this intriguing blog. Go ahead, as the college offers you both online and offline options to register your applications for both B.E. and M-Tech Programs. Those qualified with the JEE Main, KCET, COMEDK UGET, and Karnataka PGCET must take an entrance examination through the college’s official website. Follow these procedures for dropping your application:
- For those applying online, the application is available on the college website.
- Tap the link on the website’s home page to view undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- You can go offline too to collect applications for the respective courses.
- You can reach out to the college for any information via email or phone.
- Only shortlisted candidates will get a reply from the college either through phone or mail.
- Only on the counseling day will the shortlisted candidates get the course depending on their ranks in the respective qualified exams.
- Don’t forget to carry all the necessary documents to the counseling center.
The following are the documents are required for the counseling process if you hear from the institution:
- Class 10 mark sheet for Date of Birth proof.
- Marksheet and certificate of Class 12 (for B. Tech).
- Mark sheet and certificate of B.E/ B.Tech (for M.Tech).
- Rank card of the entrance examination (JEE Main, KCET, COMEDK UGET, Karnataka PGCET).
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photographs
Note: You might be asked to remit a certain amount to the college as an admission fee post joining the College.
Here we have the payment procedure of the college that is also available on the college website:
Please note that payments in cash or by cheque are not accepted.
- DD/ Pay order drawn in favor of “Sapthagiri College of Engineering, Bangalore.” (Must be payable in Bangalore)
- For the candidates paying through NEFT or RTGS:
- Account Holder: SAPTHAGIRI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING.
- Account No: 33849902920.
- Bank Name: SBI Bank.
- Branch name: HESARAGHATTA ROAD BRANCH, BANGALORE.
- MICR No.: 560002105.
Upon payment, submit the documents by entering your name and USN on the RTGS/NEFT challan & to the college office. Other payable modes include debit card/ credit card, UPI/ BHIM/ PhonePay.
To get in touch with the college for queries, go through the information given below:
- Address: #14/5, Chikkasandra, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Bangalore – 560057.
- Email to: email@example.com.
- Call us @ 080-28 372800.
- Fax- 080-28 372797.
For further assistance, you can contact the college head office through this information:
- Address: Head Office # 92/ B, 36th Cross, II Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore- 560 010.
- Mobile no.: 9900072632.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The college website (www.sapthagiri.edu.in) also offers a separate tab to drop in your queries:
- On the college website homepage, click “Contact us”.
- Type in your name, email, contact number, and your query in the boxes given below.
- Then hit the arrow button to post the message. Soon you will receive a response from the college.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Placements
The placement cell at Sapthagiri College of Engineering strives to steer individuals’ lives towards professionalism & skill development so that they become assets to the institutions after placement. Therefore, the college has tied up with reputable institutions striving to create dynamic individuals armed with the best knowledge to face the corporate world and excel as successful global leaders.
Key highlights of the placement training:
- To develop the student’s overall interpersonal skills to get themselves placed in top industrial firms.
- Also, the students are regularly monitored and educated to improve their academic scores. Did you know that Sapthagiri College of Engineering is amongst the few top colleges that balance academics and placement for the benefit of its students?
- Some of the areas of training undergone by the students include software, core industries, management, etc. Some of the most reputable industries have offered exciting placement opportunities to the students of Sapthagiri to begin a successful careers.
- Over the years, as the college excels towards successful years, simultaneously, several recruiters from reputable industries have joined hands with the institution to build the students professionally. Then they get placed in companies that match their requirements.
Most importantly, the placement cell and the training are equipped and well organized with excellent infrastructure. It consists of pre-placement talk rooms, group discussion rooms equipped with LCD projectors, PCs, and AV facilities. It also has sufficient interview rooms with great library books to prepare students for an interview.
Placement Training Process
Now that we have spoken about the college’s intense dedication to placements, let’s delve into the dynamics behind the screen for students undergoing training before they get placed in a reputable institution.
Placement training begins very early for students: when they are just in their first year! From Semester-1, their journey starts until they are 100% placed. This program is otherwise known as “CAREER CONNECT PLACEMENT ORIENTED TRAINING PROGRAM.” Here the students are trained by top-ranked institutes in their respective fields.
The students are trained in Business English, personality development, grooming, resume writing, communication skills, group discussions, and technical and personal interview skills to boost their chances of getting selected for the job they seek. Such activity aims to make students presentable, sensitive to cultural diversity, proficient in business etiquette, and positive in their approach to their careers.
Also, various workshops conducted help their growth continually by molding them into committed individuals with uncompromised ethics and values.
Apart from this, the students are privileged to work with industry experts through frequent industry visits. They conduct projects and undergo training, breaking the barrier between academia and industry. The faculty is open to feedback and they constantly strive to educate students about the latest trends in the industry.
The motto behind the S.C.E. placement training is to help students instantly get recruited in an organization, thereby making career and placement fairs a distinct feature of the institution. Some of the particular companies that conduct on-campus placements are Aricent Technologies, Indian Navy, Infosys, Wipro Technologies, L & T Infotech, Techjini Solutions, Mphasis, IBM, NTT Data, Mphasis, Alkholocks, Colours software, ConsLeague, Fame Technologies, Global Edge Software Pvt. Ltd., Hexaware Technologies, Mindtree, Artech Infosystems Pvt. Ltd., Yellow Messenger, Nokia, Adobe, Vedantu, Accolite, Odysseus, etc. The list is endless. Check out the rest on the college website.
Procedure for Enrolling in Placement
- Go to the college website and click the placement option.
- Now click the fourth option on the left side of the page, “Registration”.
- Fill in all the details that include your name, college name, 12th percentage, 10th percentage, mobile number, email ID, USN number, and BE percentage.
- After filling in these details, hit the arrow button that submits your application. If you are shortlisted, you will get a response.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Careers
Suppose you are interested in getting placed within the college as a professor and you have ample knowledge and the required skill set for the post. In that case, the institution offers a separate column for an on-campus career.
- Just go to the “career” column on the college website.
- Click on the option “submit your resume”.
- An alternate option is to mail the institution at email@example.com.
If you get selected for the post, you will get a response.
Management Governing Council
|1||Mr. G. Dayananda||Chairman||Business /Educationist|
|2||Mr. G.D. Manoj||Executive Director||Business /Educationist|
|3||Dr. H. Ramakrishna||Member Secretary||Principal, SCE|
|4||Dr. KS. Jayanth||Member||VTU Nominee|
|5||Mr. J. Alexander||Member||Former Chief Secretary & Former Cabinet Minister, Govt. of Karnataka (Retd. I.A.S)|
|6||Mr. Aga Sultan Murthuza||Member||Educationist|
|7||Prof. Vedula||Member||AICTE Nominee|
|8||Dr. H.U. Talawar||Member||Director, DTE|
|10||Dr. Annaiah||Member||Vice Principal, SCE|
|11||Dr. K.N. Ravi||Staff Representative||Prof. & Head, EEE Department|
|12||Dr.Shripad Markande||Staff Representative||IQAC Co –Ordinator|
|13||Mr. G. Dayananda||Chairman||Business /Educationist|
Facilities of Sapthagiri College of Engineering
Till now, we have been exploring the academic life of the college. But as a student, we need an environment that guarantees fun and enjoyment. So, sit back and enjoy reading about the infrastructure of SCE.
- E-campus: The campus has lease-lined high-speed internet facilities, especially for the student community. As an added benefit, it’s supported 24/7!
- Amphitheater: The state-of-the-art open theatre with its surrounding lush greenery often hosts various cultural events, discussions, and fests for the students.
- Hostel: There are separate hostels for boys and girls where they can socialize outside of college hours. The charges are separate from the amount paid for College fees. The hostel has a pharmacy and leisurely courses like stitching, embroidery, and automotive engineering.
- Transportation: A fully equipped transportation facility is available for the students. Also, those commuting in metros can get to the college quickly.
- Library: There are multiple online and offline resources in the library to keep students sound in knowledge. It’s also considered the calmest and most comfortable place on campus with a friendly environment for bookworms to spend time.
- Committees: For the benefit of the students, the college has initiated committees such as the Student Counseling Committee, Career Guidance, and Placements Committee, Grievance Redressal Committee, Women Empowerment Cell, Prevention of Sexual Harassment Cell, Anti-Ragging Committee (Help Line 1800-180-5522, Email: Helpline@Antiragging.in), Human Rights Club, R&D, Entrepreneurship Committee & Incubation Center, ECO Club, NSS (Swayam Seva), Community Club, Health Club, Cultural Committee, Photography Club, Library Committee, Proctor/Mentor Committee, Sports Committee/ Gymnasium/ Sports Utility Center, Alumni Association, Equal Opportunities Committee, Parent-Teacher Association, Add-on Courses/ Value-Addition Courses, FDP Cell, MOUs/ Linkages, and the Student Council.
Last but not least, the campus itself is always alive with its lush greenery, walking areas, lobbies, etc., which is soul-soothing for every student who steps into it. To get more out of college, you need to step in to explore!
In my opinion, from the above-curated points, I find Sapthagiri College for Engineering exciting and full of opportunities with experienced faculty and supportive management who mold its students holistically. So, if you get an opportunity to apply here, I bet you are adding a feather to your cap. An engineering degree from here will ensure a bright and prosperous future.
Sapthagiri College of Engineering Contact Details
Address: 4/5, Hesarghatta Rd, Chikkasandra, MEI Employees Housing Colony, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560057
- Phone: 080-28 372800
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the fee structure of Sapthagiri via COMEDK?
It is ₹1,12,500 for a year.
2. Why choose SCE Sapthagiri?
It is a well-equipped college for boys and girls with a curriculum that gives practical and theoretical knowledge. Moreover, the placements provided by the college are a bonus for any student wishing to join here.
3. Is Sapthagiri a private college?
Yes, it is a private college. However, it's affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University.
4. How are the faculty at Sapthagiri College of Engineering?
The teachers are knowledgeable and helpful in delivering quality content to the students. Most people also report that the teachers are approachable to the students. On the website Shiksha, students have rated the highest for faculty members, which is 4.1 out of 5.
You can also follow the link below to know about other good engineering colleges:
Show Your Love & Support:
Please write to us in the comment section below about your experiences at Sapthagiri College of Engineering if in case you are a student or alumni of the college. I hope it won’t take much of your time, but it will help the prospective students in their future careers.