Dr D Veerendra Heggade is the Philanthropist and Visionary behind the SDME Society. It is his vision that fostered the establishment of the SDM Group of Institutions. During the past few years, there has been an increased demand for Ayurvedic Professionals across the world. So, to cater to and bridge the gap of knowledgeable doctors, the SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore was founded. Now, it has gained a lot of reputation in the field. Let me tell you more about this prestigious institution:
Table of Contents
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Overview
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Admission
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Courses Offered
- SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Fees
- Training and Placements
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Overview
The Institution is the latest addition to the SDM Group of Institutions. It was started in the year 2010. The College is affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore. Course offerings are undergraduate Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS and Post Graduate MD/MS Ayurveda. The intake for the BAMS Course is 100 students. MD/MS Ayurveda is offered in 6 specializations.
|Name||SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital|
|Address||NH-275, Anchepalya, Bangalore 560074 Karnataka|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Central Council of Indian Medicine|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Hostel||Boys and Girls|
To achieve academic excellence in the field of education as well as healthcare by imparting knowledge in Ayurvedic Medicine. To develop professionals who serve humanity with goodwill and compassion.
The mission of the College is:
- To promote value-based ethical learning as per ethical standards.
- To nurture the students to meet the global challenges in the healthcare field.
- To create awareness about human rights, culture, value systems, heritage, and the environment by treasuring the knowledge in Ayurveda.
- To provide state-of-the-art treatment facilities to the poor and needy people.
Why study at SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore?
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore is one of the units of the SDM Group of Institutions in Bangalore. The institution was set up to meet the growing demand for Ayurvedic Doctors across the world. A few reasons to study Ayurveda here are:
- In the field of academics, the main focus is on imparting quality and standard education using theoretical, practical, and conventional teaching methodologies.
- The College aims to bring up the level of education through quality teaching, selfless service, and cost-effective healthcare services.
- It aims to become a leader in the field of education, research, and training.
- The faculty members take up clinical studies and research projects in the relevant subjects to contribute to the documentation of ayurveda.
- The hospital is well equipped and beautifully placed to render healthcare services at reasonable costs.
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Admission
The admission procedure for Undergraduate BAMS and Post Graduate MD/MS Ayurveda is as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section and apply for All India Admissions through the KEA Counseling.
- Step 2: Fill the application form as per the instructions given by KEA.
- Step 3: State Quota is reserved at 85%.
- Step 4: Application procedures are managed through NEET.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
To get admission to BAMS at SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore, you must satisfy the given eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have completed the 12th Class with the Science Stream.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum aggregate score of 50% in PCB.
- Must have written the NEET examination and qualified
Documents Required for BAMS
You should carry the given documents along with the application form during the counseling process:
- NEET Admit Card.
- NEET Score Card.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Recent photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MD/MS Ayurveda
The eligibility criteria for getting admission to MD/MS Ayurveda are:
- Candidates must have completed a BAMS Degree from a recognized institution.
- He/ She should have done 1 year of internship.
- Must be qualified in the Government Conducted Entrance Examination.
Documents Required for MD/MS Ayurveda
Documents Required for admissions to MD/MS Ayurveda are:
- BAMS Degree Certificate.
- BAMS Year Wise Mark Sheets.
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Admit Card and Scorecard of the Entrance Examination.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Recent Photos.
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Courses Offered
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore course offerings are Bachelor’s Degree of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS as well as Post Graduate Level Doctor of Medicine MD/MS Ayurveda.
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery is a full-time UG Program for a duration of 5 years and 6 months. The Course includes 4 years 6 months of academic learning, which is followed by 1 year of internship. Students learn in detail about both the theoretical as well as practical concepts of Ayurveda. They are also given practical exposure through clinical sessions and hands-on training experience. The annual intake for the course is 100 students per year.
MD/MS Ayurveda or Doctor of Medicine in Ayurveda is a PG Course for a duration of 3 years. The Program can be pursued after completing the bachelor’s Degree in BAMS. It is a traditional Master’s Degree in the field of Ayurveda. The College offers 6 specializations in MD/MS Ayurveda:
|MD Ayurveda||MS Ayurveda|
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore Fees
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore fee structure for the various courses offered by the institution is given below:
- The Course Fees for BAMS and MD/MS Ayurveda are decided based on the guidelines set by the Rajiv Gandhi Health University, Bangalore, CCIM, as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi.
- Accommodation and Mess Charges are revised every year and taken separately from the students at the beginning of the course.
Training and Placements
SDM Ayurveda Hospital
SDM Ayurveda Hospital, Bangalore Address is located at Gnana Bharati Post, Opposite Aryan Hospital. It has gained a lot of popularity within a short period of time within the city of Bangalore. The 250 Bedded Hospital has both OPD as well as IPD Facilities. It has seven OPD Departments:
- Shalakya Tantra.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Prasuti Tantra and Stri Roga.
It has a fully equipped physiotherapy unit with expert doctors in the hospital. Here, the in-patients and outpatients are given therapies combined with Ayurvedic Treatments and Consultations.
Physiotherapy, Yoga and Naturopathy Facilities
SDM Ayurveda Hospital utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach to treat clinical conditions. The approach uses Panchakarma pre-procedures along with Physiotherapy, Yoga, and Naturopathy, which is customized according to the patient’s diagnosis, reports, and condition. Facilities which are available in the Physiotherapy Unit are:
- Interferential Therapy.
- Muscle Simulator.
- Ultrasound Therapy.
- Traction Unit.
- Hot Moist Pack Unit.
- Shoulder Exercises.
- Parallel Bars, Steps, and Ramp.
- Cross Trainer.
- Other Training Equipment.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is the latest constituent unit of the SDM Group of Institutions. The Institution comes under RGUHS, Bangalore, and is approved by the Central Council of Indian Medicine as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. It is known to have a good ranking because of its facilities, faculties, courses and placements. Campus Placements take place where the companies visiting campus offer the best salary packages to all the Ayurveda Students. SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore got good reviews from alumni placed in top organizations.
On Campus Facilities Offered
SDM Group of Institutions Campus is located at Anchepalya, which is in Bangalore, Karnataka. SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore is in a seven-storey building, which has an academic block along with fourteen well-established teaching departments. Each of the Department has a museum, library, demonstration, and the tutorial rooms. Facilities Offered within the campus are:
The College has individual girls’ and boys’ blocks for hostels. Girls Hostel can accommodate 245 students, and Boys Hostel can accommodate 225 students. Each hostel has a modernized kitchen and spacious dining hall in the independent building. Vegetarian Menu is provided to the students in the Mess. Hostels are secure with round-the-clock security and CCTV.
The Herbal Garden is spread over a vast area of land with around 293 species and 2143 Medicinal Plants. It includes medicinal, Ayurvedic, and endangered species of plants. It is developed to educate the students about identifying the different types of herbs used in Ayurvedic Medicine.
Apart from the facilities above, other amenities within the campus are:
- Seminar Hall.
- Sports Facility.
- Bank ATM.
- Gym and Fitness.
- Cafe Coffee Day.
College Contact Details
- Address: NH-275, Anchepalya, Bangalore 560074 Karnataka.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 30.6 km.
- Distance from Majestic Bus Stop: 25.6 km.
- Distance from Kempe Gowda International Airport: 63.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is the BAMS Cut off at SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore?
The BAMS Cut off for Open Category is 50 percentile and other categories are 40 percentile at SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore.
2.When was SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore established?
SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore was established in 2010.
3. What are the courses offered by the college?
The College offers undergraduate BAMS and post graduate MD/MS Ayurveda.
4. How much time does it take to complete MD/MS Ayurveda?
It takes 3 years to complete MD/MS Ayurveda.
5. How many BAMS seats are there in SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore?
There are 100 seats for BAMS at SDM Institute of Ayurveda and Hospital Bangalore.
6. Does the college have a hostel facility?
Yes, the college has a hostel facility.
7. How many specializations are there in MS/MD Ayurveda?
There are 6 specializations in MS/MD Ayurveda.
8. Is SDM Ayurvedic Hospital located within the campus?
Yes, SDM Ayurvedic Hospital is located within the campus.
A small ask
Please like and share it with your friends and family. Another help, Please share your experiences about the college. Your opinions can guide a future Ayurveda Doctor and help him/her make a career move. Thanks for your review!