Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem is among the most trusted and renowned colleges in the field of education. The founder of the Institution is Dr Madan Kumar S. The College comes under the AYUSH Ministry and offers state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities to medical aspirants from throughout the country. Its highly qualified faculties and staff train the students to get specialized knowledge in the naturopathy field. Let me tell you more about the institution in detail.
Table of Contents
- Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Overview
- Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Admission
- Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Courses Offered
- Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Overview
Sona Group of Institutions was established in 1958. Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem comes under Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai. The College offers an undergraduate Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yoga and is approved by the AYUSH Ministry, Government of India.
|Name||Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem|
|Address||Sona College Campus, TPT Main Road, Salem 636005 Tamilnadu|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu. Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Health and Family Welfare Ministry, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
To become an internationally reputed institution by creating a global healthcare system, performing research, generating new ideas as well as using technology in order to bring back ancient practices of heritage medicine in the naturopathy field.
The mission of the institution is:
- To impart standard education to undergraduates and postgraduates and also develop high-standard medical professionals.
- Upgrade the skills and knowledge of the faculty members with the help of adequate training.
- Create a world-class environment for research for the integration of traditional medicines and practices in order to meet global challenges.
- To offer healthcare solutions through quality medicines treatments and spread it throughout the globe.
Why study at Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem?
The College is among the well-known naturopathy institutions in Tamilnadu. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- The College is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH and affiliated to Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities are available to the students to help them gain knowledge in all disciplines in the medical field.
- It has a modern and well equipped 100 bedded multispecialty naturopathy hospital.
- The Institution is the first naturopathy college to have tied up with multi-specialty allopathic hospitals around Salem.
- The green campus provides safe, secure, and comfortable hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Admission
The admission procedure for the BNYS Course at Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem is as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the admissions section, where you must register yourself with your name, email ID, and phone number.
- Step 2: Once the registration is done, you will get your registered email and password.
- Step 3: Log in to your details and complete the application form.
- Step 4: Upload the required documents.
- Step 5: Pay the application fees in the given link. In order to reserve your seat in the management quota, you must pay INR 25,000 for booking the seats.
- Step 6: Keep a copy of the form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
To get admission to the BNYS Course, you must become eligible to apply for the same. In order to do that, you must first satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed their higher secondary or PUC or any other equivalent examination.
- He/She must have secured a minimum of at least 50% in Science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany, and Zoology.
Documents Required for BNYS
The documents mentioned below must be attached with the application form, along with two sets of photocopies signed by a Gazetted Officer:
- 10th Class Marks Card.
- 12th Class Marks Card.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Community Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- Passport Size Photos.
- Eligibility Certificate from Dr MGR Health University, Chennai (for Non-Tamilnadu Students).
- DD in favor of “Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga,” payable at Salem.
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Courses Offered
Naturopathy is a system of Indian Medicine that comes under the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. The system is based on the concept of self-healing of the body. The course offered by the college is UG Level, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences BNYS.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)
BNYS is an undergraduate course spread over a period of 5 and a half years. It includes 4 and half years of academics, followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. The course offers a deeper understanding of the healing capacity of the human body and its functioning. Students are taught the principles of naturopathy and follow the disciplinary way of life.
BNYS Course Structure
The BNYS Program is spread over 4 years, with the 1st year of 18 months, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year for a duration of 12 months. Students are taught using both theoretical and practical learning. A few of the subjects covered in the BNYS Course are:
- Human Anatomy.
- Community Medicine.
- Modern Diagnostic Methods.
- Medical Ethics and Hospital Management.
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Fee Structure
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Fees Structure for the BNYS Course is available below:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)||NA|
- Sona BNYS College Fees Structure consists of course fees, funds, deposits, examination fees, hostel fees, miscellaneous fees, and subscription fees, which are to be paid online.
- Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Fees are charged based on the guidelines of the University as well as by the management of the college.
Payment Method Options
To make the payment of fees convenient and easy for the parents and the guardians, the college has given various types of modes in which the fees can be paid. A few of the fee payment options are:
- Demand Draft.
- Online Banking.
- UPI Payment.
- Bank Transfer.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
Placements and Scope
Where will I get placements? How much salary package will I get after completing BNYS? These are the questions which come to the mind of any student. The Placement Department looks after the placements and internships for the BNYS Graduates.
Students are given training and grooming sessions to improve their personality. Mock Interviews, Guest Lectures, and Training Sessions are conducted for their personality development.
BNYS Career Scope
BNYS has a wide scope in both the public as well as private sectors in India. There is tremendous scope, even at the global level, including Foreign Cruises. Yoga Trainers are in demand throughout the world. You can also pursue higher education like MD, M.Sc, and Ph.D. after completing your BNYS Degree. Campus Placements ensure support and guidance for a successful career.
Rankings and Affiliations
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem Ranking is among the best naturopathy colleges in Tamilnadu. The Institution comes under the Tamilnadu Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. It is a well-known institution because of its state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities, course structure, experienced teaching faculty members as well as placements.
On Campus Facilities
The College Campus is located on 22 acres of sprawling, lush, green, and landscaped environment. Students can find a peaceful and quiet environment to learn and study throughout the course duration. The students are made to feel safe and secure within the campus premises. The Institution ensures a homely atmosphere despite being far away from their hometowns. Some of the facilities offered within campus are:
Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga Salem provides a separate hostel facility for national and international students. There are individual blocks allotted for hostel boys and girls. The hostel rooms have chairs, beds, study tables, and cupboards. Hostels are looked after by the Wardens and Deputy Wardens. Facilities given in the hostels are:
- Spacious Dining Room with Modern Kitchen.
- Healthy, hygienic, and quality food at reasonable prices.
- RO Purified Water on each floor.
- Wi-fi, Gym, and Indoor Games Facility in the Hostels.
The Institution encourages the students to develop and improve their skills and knowledge through various club activities. Each club has an advisor and co-advisor. The Clubs have monthly meetings, and events take place on a regular basis. Some of the student clubs are:
- Blood Donors Club.
- Readers Club.
- Beauty and Wellness Club.
- Technology Club.
- Music Club.
- Sports Club.
- Yoga Club, and so on.
The Institution offers other amenities apart from the ones listed above. The facilities available on campus are:
- Yoga Hall.
- Dining Hall, and so on.
College Contact Details
- Address: Sona College Campus, TPT Main Road, Salem 636005 Tamil Nadu.
- Distance from Salem Railway Station: 23.2 km.
- Distance from Salem Airport: 40.1 km.
- Distance from Salem Bus Stand: 23.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do BNYS Doctors have a licence to treat patients?
Yes, BNYS Doctors are licensed under AYUSH Councils to treat patients
2. Does the Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga Salem have hostel accommodation?
Yes, the Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga Salem has hostel accommodation.
3. Is there a Naturopathy Yoga Hospital inside the campus?
Yes, there is a 100 bed Naturopathy and Yoga Hospital inside the campus.
4. Does Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem provide campus placements?
Yes, Sona Medical College of Naturopathy Yoga Salem provides campus placements.
5. Is education loan facility given by Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga Salem?
Yes, an education loan facility is given by Sona Medical College of Naturopathy and Yoga Salem.
6. What is the duration of the BNYS Course?
The duration of the BNYS Course is 5 and half years.
7. Do I need to study Biology in 12th Class to get admission to BNYS?
Yes, you need to study Biology in 12th Class to get admission to BNYS.
8. Will I get government jobs after BNYS?
Yes, the recruitment is conducted through a medical recruitment board.
A small ask
To know more details about the college admissions, fees, courses offered, placements and so on, you can drop a query or call us in the numbers mentioned below. Our team of experienced counsellors will help you at every step of your admission process. Please take time and write a review for us. You can become a changemaker in someone’s career. Thanks in advance!