Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College was established in the year 1996-97 under the Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust (R). Over the last 20 years, the institution has excelled in producing graduates, postgraduates, and Ph.D. scholars with a profound knowledge of Ayurveda. SKAMCH provides an excellent range of courses in the field of ancient and modern medicine. It is also devoted to maintaining infrastructure and teaching of the most premium quality.
Alongside clinical training and practical exposure, students undergo numerous spiritual, cultural, social, and environmental activities to foster their moral values. The resulting doctors are both ethically driven and adequately equipped to cater to the medical needs of their community.
The institution’s motto, “Enter to learn. Go out to serve.” adequately captures its commitment to the health and well-being of society.
This profile intends to provide resourceful information about the college’s admissions process, the programs and degrees it offers, its fee structure, as well as a brief look into its history, mission statement, and vision for the future.
Continue reading for more!
Table of Contents
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Overview
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Course
- Eligibility Criteria
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Admissions
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Fee
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Facilities
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Placements
- Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. • What is unique about Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College?
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Overview
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College is the optimal choice for those looking to study Ayurveda at the graduate and postgraduate levels. The stellar curriculum covers all aspects of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Not only is the existing course structure well-developed, but dynamic research is also carried out regularly to discover new medicinal innovations. Furthermore, the college has an extensive teaching faculty of more than 50 different professors, each highly experienced and specialized.
The institution is situated in Vijayanagar, the heart of the garden city Bangalore, making it easily accessible for students from across the nation. There are a plethora of tourist attractions nearby that students may visit on occasion, including breathtaking botanical gardens, biological parks, majestic palaces, and temples. The centralized location of the institution enables students to have a more holistic and fulfilling college experience. Since they are not in an isolated region, they can explore academia beyond the boundaries of the classroom and apply their learnings to a real-world setting.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Course
At the undergraduate level, the institution offers an innovative, educational degree titled ‘Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). Its undergraduate degree is the most sought-after amongst applicants. It is studied in two parts i.e., the main course and electives. The total duration of the course is 5 years and six months throughout which students are evaluated by multiple examinations and internal assessments (both theoretical and practical).
The college also offers a postgraduate degree and a doctorate (Ph.D.). Students pursuing the postgraduate degree are trained in Panchakarma, Prasuti Tantra, Stree Roga, Kayachikitsa, Shalya Tantra, and Shalakya Tantra. Ph.D. studies, on the other hand, involve conducting extensive research in the field of Panchakarma and Kayachikitsa.
|Sl. No.||Course (s)||Intake Capacity|
|2||MS PRASOOTI TANTRA & STREE YOGA||6|
|4||MS SHALYA TANTRA||6|
|5||MS SHALAKYA TANTRA||6|
To learn more about the courses being taught, please visit SKAMCH’s website.
To be eligible to apply for Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College, candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- Applicants must have attained the age of 17 years as of 1st October on the year admission was sought/prescribed by the university.
- Students must have passed the 12th Std/two-year PUC examination of the PUC education board, Bangalore. Any other examination board with English as one of the languages and Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects including a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate of the relevant Science subjects is recognized as an equivalent and is also accepted.
Note: For students belonging to SC and STs, the minimum requirements for admission to the BAMS course are relaxed by 10%
- Foreign students can seek admission provided that the basic qualifications have been met by that student according to the University or the student submits a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi declaring the same. An eligibility certificate should be obtained from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka. There should be a specific mention of the subject ‘English’ on the marks sheet. As per the guidelines of the university, just ‘Foreign Language’ mentioned in the marks sheet may not be sufficient for eligibility.
- All Non-Karnataka applicants are expected to obtain an eligibility certificate issued by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Admissions
Admission is done on the basis of NEET scores and the selection of candidates is done through counseling. Applications and Prospectus are to be obtained from the college admissions office. After receiving the duly filled-in applications, candidates will be informed about the remaining admission formalities. For any additional information please contact the college office.
To learn more about the eligibility criteria and admissions process, please visit their website.
The following documents are a requisite for admission into the Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College and Research Centre
- 10th Marksheet.
- 12th Marksheet.
- Pass Certificate for Class 12.
- Pass Certificate for Class 10.
- Birth Certificate.
- Most recent passport-size Photo.
- Stamp-size photo of the candidate.
- Character Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate from the Board of Education.
- Aadhar card.
- In case of applicability, certificate pertaining to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes.
- Medical Certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner.
- Certificate related to income.
- Physical fitness certificate.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Fee
|Course||Duration||Total Fees (Approx.)|
|BAMS||5 years, fulltime||INR 1.1 lakhs|
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Facilities
Classrooms at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College are spacious and well-ventilated. They are equipped with blackboards, whiteboards, comfortable seating, OHP, and LCDs. Each department has a separate laboratory namely Clinical Pathology, Bhaishajya Gruha, and Rachana. All laboratories have the necessary articles required for the practical demonstration of Ayurvedic principles. There is also a library stocked with more than 20,000 books and 2,000+ journals. Students have access to the active internet connection, through which they may utilize the University’s digital library as well i.e., CINAHL, MEDLINE, and Helinet Facilities. Along with state-of-the-art laboratories, the University also houses a herbal garden with more than 400 different species of medicinal plants.
Housing facilities too, are of top-notch quality. Not only is the hostel clean and comfortable, but there are also plenty of recreational activities for one to participate in during their course of study. SKAMCH has a visitors lounge, recreation hall, study hall, prayer hall, and facilities for indoor games, magazines, and television.
As illustrated by its exceptional research and housing facilities, the University is geared toward creating the best possible educational experience for its students.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Placements
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College is the optimal institute if you wish to work full-time after obtaining a degree and also receive a good starting stipend from your first job. The internship offered with their hospital at the end of the BAMS program gives students the experience and the necessary skills required to be a practicing Ayurvedic doctors, hence, they are hired considerably fast. They may choose to work at the SKAMCH hospital or opt to work at a different hospital.
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College Contact Details
Address:10, Pipeline Rd, Vijayanagar 2nd stage, Hampi Nagar, RPC Layout, Vijayanagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560104
- Phone: 080 2340 7806
- Email: email@example.com
Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College is renowned for its exceptional infrastructure and teaching faculty. More than 40,000 students are benefited from its rigorous research-based pedagogy each year, and go on to become qualified Ayurvedic doctors.
I hope this profile has given you an adequate idea of the kind of education you will receive should you choose to apply to this prestigious institute. We sincerely request alumni and students currently enrolled with the university who are reading this to leave their reviews as well, so that they may guide others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. • What is unique about Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College?
What sets this institution apart from other medical colleges is its mission statement. It is one of the few universities in India that is devoted primarily to the field of Ayurvedic medicine and research. Furthermore, the university seeks to systematize Ayurvedic knowledge to suit International Standards, thereby enabling its students to use its principles to heal patients worldwide. This opens up a vast array of job opportunities for their college graduates.
2. • What is the campus like at Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic Medical College?
The campus at SKAMCH is very well-maintained. It consists of departments from all branches of medicine and each department has multiple ventilated classrooms. SKAMCH is equipped with audio-visual aids, charts, specimens, books, instruments, and models pertaining to Ayurveda learning. There is a Digital Library with internet facilities, as well as a separate UG & PG Library consisting of a huge number of Ayurvedic journals and textbooks. The campus also has an auditorium, seminar hall, herbal garden with various Ayurvedic plants, and separate boys’ and girls’ hostels. Finally, there is a hospital wing that provides services to OPD and IPD patients.
You can also check the link below to know about another Ayurvedic college in Karnataka.
Just a Moment:
It would be great if you could put a review below in the comment section below. I and my team will be happy to hear from students pursuing their degrees or even from alumni of Sri Kalabyraveshwara Swamy Ayurvedic College.