Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore is a constituent unit of the great charitable trust, Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Trust. The trust’s main objective is to spread knowledge and create awareness in the upcoming generation about the traditional and ancient methods of Ayurveda. This premier institution follows the Gurukul Parampara of teaching and learning. In my article, I will share more insights about this iconic institution. Let’s know more!
Table of Contents
- Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Overview
- Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Admission
- Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Courses Offered
- Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Placements and Training
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Overview
The Institution was founded by the Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Trust in the year 2017. The College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences University, Bangalore, and recognised by the Government of Karnataka. It offers the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, which the Ministry of AYUSH and NCISM approve. The annual intake for the course is 60 seats.
|Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College
|No 91, Kaivalya Sannidhanam,Arjunabettahalli, Kasaba Hobli, Railway Gollahalli, Nelamangala Taluk, Bangalore Rural 562123 Karnataka.
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
|Ministry of AYUSH, NCISM
|Government of Karnataka
|Boys and Girls
The Vision of the College is always to engage, focus, resolve, and make use of the resources by preserving, performing, and performing deeds in thoughts, words, and action, as mentioned in Sanathana Dharma, in order to discover our true selves and include everyone in the journey of life.
The mission of the Institution is to contribute resources towards the revival of the ancient Ayurveda system and give patients free treatment to serve society. To nurture and develop knowledge and awareness about the Ayurvedic Healthcare System of Medicine in the students.
Why study at Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore?
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore is among the top colleges in Bangalore. Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Charitable Trust is totally dedicated to serving humanity across various fields. Some of the reasons to study BAMS here are:
- The comprehensive curriculum comprises providing knowledge on subjects like Ayurveda, Veda, Roga, and MarmaChikitsa, along with the current practices taught to the students.
- A team of experienced, dedicated, and qualified faculty members give practical training to the medical aspirants.
- A full fledged hospital with modernised facilities is dedicated to treating the patients through various techniques of Ayurveda.
- Students are trained in the Gurukula method of teaching. This method brings about refining the thinking and building the students’ character.
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Admission
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Admissions for the BAMS Course are given below:
- Step 1: Application Forms and the Prospectus can be obtained from the Admission Department.
- Step 2: You must duly fill in the application form with your personal details.
- Step 3: Once you have filled out the form, attach the necessary documents.
- Step 4: You must submit the completed application form and also pay the application fees.
- Step 5: After completing the formalities, the college will inform you about the other formalities for admissions.
Eligibility Criteria for BAMS
You must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to become eligible for admission to BAMS:
- Aspirants must have passed 10+2, Intermediate, or any equivalent examination from the respective State Board and Education Board, with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The aggregate marks of PCB combined together as well as taken separately for the General Category is 50%, and for SC/ST is 40%.
- The minimum age during admission is 17 years, and the maximum is 25 years.
- He/She must be NEET qualified with a minimum score of at least 50th percentile in the NEET examination.
Documents Required for BAMS
Documents that you are required to bring along with you for admission to BAMS are:
- Class 10th Marksheet.
- Class 12th Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
- Identity Proof.
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- Recent Photos.
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Courses Offered
Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore offers undergraduate level Bachelor’s of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery BAMS. The UG Program is a full-time course that is spread over a period of 5 years and 6 months, which includes 4 years and 6 months of academic studies, which is followed by 1 year of internship. Students taken per year is 60.
A BAMS Graduate is allowed to practice Ayurvedic Treatment in India and Sri Lanka after getting registered with the government-approved license body.
The BAMS Course comprises 4 years and 6 months of academic learning. During this course of time, students get in-depth knowledge about various subjects in Ayurveda. These subjects are divided into various departments, where specialized faculty members teach them about the respective subjects. BAMS Departments present in the college are:
- Rachana Shareera.
- Kriya Shareera.
- Samhita and Siddhanta.
- Rasashastra and Bhaisajya Kalpana.
- Roga Nidhana Evam Vikruti Vignana.
- Swasthavritta and Yoga.
- Prasuti Tantra Evam Stri Roga.
- Shalya Tantra.
- Shalakya Tantra.
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore Fee Structure
The Course Fees for BAMS at Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore are:
- BAMS Course Fees are charged based on the guidelines of RGUHS, Bangalore, as well as by the management of the college.
- Food and Accommodation are taken separately from the candidates every year. The College charges reasonable fees for all categories of students.
Placements and Training
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical Hospital is located within the college premises. It has OPD and IPD Departments with a specialized team of experienced Ayurvedic Doctors, nurses, and staff. The hospital looks after the healthcare requirements of patients residing in the vicinity of the campus. Patients are given the best treatments with top-class amenities at reasonable rates.
Medical Health Camps are conducted by the college every year. Some areas covered in these camps are Tyadahalli, Begur, Nelamangala, Gollalahali, Gopalapura and so on. These camps are conducted at least twice a month. Students visit the places and treat the patients free of cost. Such camps help provide practical learning to aspiring doctors.
Rankings and Affiliations
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore is among the top colleges in the Ayurvedic Field in Bangalore. The Institution is affiliated with RGUHS, Bangalore, and recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
The BAMS Course is approved by the Ministry of Ayush as well as NCISM. The ranking is good because of the best infrastructure facilities, qualified faculty members, updated courses, and excellent placements. Students get selected in top organisations with handsome salary packages.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at Nelamangala Taluk, which is in the Bangalore Urban, in the State of Karnataka. The Campus provides a calm, quiet, and serene environment for the academic pursuits of the BAMS Students. Bangalore is a young and vibrant city with the best colleges and educational institutions. A large number of students come here to stay and make careers in the medical field.
Students are made to feel at home on the campus. Some of the facilities offered are:
The College has 5 modernized, well-laid lecture halls with the best teaching aids. Each classroom has a seating capacity of around 60 students. The desks are well-spaced, and the halls are well-ventilated and airy. Students get the best atmosphere to study here.
The library is the knowledge center of any institution. It has a vast collection of around 11,000 Books. The students and the faculty members are given access to the library during college hours. There are separate reading rooms where they can study in a peaceful environment.
Students are given all the necessary facilities to feel comfortable on campus. The other facilities provided by the college are:
- Herbal Garden.
- Transport Facility.
College Contact Details
- Address: No 91, Kaivalya Sannidhanam,Arjuna Bettahalli, Kasaba Hobli, Railway Gollahalli Post, Nelamangala Taluk, Bangalore Rural 562123 Karnataka.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Majestic Railway Station: 35.7 km.
- Distance from Majestic Bus Stop: 35.8 km.
- Distance from Kempegowda International Airport: 50.2 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was the institution established?
The Institution was established in 2017.
2. What are the courses offered by Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore?
The courses offered by Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore is UG level Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
3. How much is the student intake for BAMS at Sri Paripoorna Sananthana Ayurveda Medical College?
The student intake for BAMS is 60 at Sri Paripoorna Sananthana Ayurveda Medical College.
4. Is NEET essential for admission to BAMS?
Yes, NEET is essential for admission to BAMS.
5. Does the Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore have a hostel facility?
Yes, Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore has a hostel facility.
6. Sri Paripoorna Sananthana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore is affiliated with which University?
The College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore.
7. What Teaching Method is used in Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College?
Sri Paripoorna Sanathana Ayurveda Medical College Bangalore uses the Gurukul Method of Teaching.
8. What is the minimum age limit for admissions to BAMS?
The minimum age limit for admission to BAMS is 17 years.
A small ask
If you are an alumni or an ayurvedic student currently studying here, please write a review about the college. Tell us what you like and dislike about the institution. Your views and opinions can make the career of an upcoming ayurveda doctor. Thanks for your time and review!