Success is achieved by those who put in a lot of effort and stay with those who don’t rest on their past accomplishments. Surana College Bangalore began its journey to educate and inspire students to prepare them better to tackle difficulties.
Surana is known for its friendly and welcoming faculty. Their sincere goal is to support the student’s personal development and emotional growth, enabling them to grow confidently. In this article, let’s learn more about Surana College admission, courses, fee structure, placements, and facilities!
Table of Contents
- Surana College Bangalore Overview
- Surana College Bangalore Admission
- Surana College Courses Offered
- Surana College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Placements and Training
- Surana College Bangalore Rankings
- On-Campus Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Surana College Bangalore Overview
Surana College Bangalore (founded in 1995) is affiliated with Bangalore University (under Section 53(5) of the Karnataka State Universities Act 2000). It is also authorized by Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of the UGC 1956. The college has been accredited by NAAC and certified by ISO and IAO.
|NAAC, NABCB & UGC
|Boys and Girls
- To pioneer the convergence of knowledge, skills, and values via holistic education and to be the academic institution of choice.
- To shape careers and character.
- To increase the overall efficiency of the curriculum, teaching method, and operations with quality education.
Why choose Surana College Bangalore?
Surana College Bangalore has over 25 years of experience in the educational field. The college has risen to academic excellence and made a promising name in these years. The college is rated among the top colleges in Bangalore, with its prominence in transforming students into professionals.
|1.75L Sq. Ft
|National Hockey Player
|National Tennis player
|Power Yoga Guru & Traditional Yoga
|National Volleyball Player
|Indian film Actress
Surana College Campuses
Surana College has 2 campuses in Bangalore, one in South End Circle, the main campus, and the other in Kengeri Satellite Town. The main campus offers UG courses and PG in M.Com and MSc, whereas the Kengeri campus offers only PG courses in MBA, MCA, and MSc.
|South End Campus
|Address: 16, S End Rd, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560004.
|Address: CA-17, Old Outer Ring Rd, Stage I, Kengeri Satellite Town, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560060.
|UG Courses: 5
PG Courses: 2
|PG Courses: 3
Surana College Bangalore Admission
Admissions at Surana College Bangalore are based on rules set by Bangalore University. Together with academic merit, the aspirant applicants will be evaluated on their conduct and behavior. Before releasing the application, each applicant will undergo counseling. There may be entrance exams when and where they are required.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Surana College Bangalore.
- Step 2: Go to the “Apply Online” tab, and you will be directed to an online application form webpage.
- Step 3: Fill out the application form with the required information and pay the application fee online.
- Step 4: The college will review the application and call you for counseling.
- UG Courses
- The applicant should have completed his 12th examination.
- The applicant should have scored 50% aggregate marks in the 12th examination.
- For SC/ST/OBC category, the aggregate marks scored in the 12th examination is 45%.
- PG Courses
- Any bachelor’s degree from an accredited university following the patterns 10+2+3, 10+2+4, or 10+2+4 (Honors) in India or abroad, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%, including language courses.
- For SC/ST/Category I applicants, there will be a 5% relaxation in the total marks earned, including languages.
- Verified CAT, MAT, CMAT, KMAT, or PGCET score reports.
- Those with a track record of co-curricular and extracurricular activities will be given preference.
- 12th Std Original Marks Card.
- 12th Std Original Transfer Certificate.
- Address Proof.
- Migration Certificate (Only for Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Caste Certificate.
- 5 Passport Size Photographs.
- 10th and 12th Marks Card.
- UG Degree Marks Card.
- UG Degree Certificate.
- Entrance Test Rank Card.
- Address Proof.
- Migration Certificate (Only for Non-Karnataka Candidates).
- Caste Certificate.
- 5 Passport Size Photographs.
Surana College Courses Offered
Surana College Bangalore offers numerous courses for students raised to attain distinction and ranks after admission. The focus is on educational research and training for students’ overall growth.
The college creates balanced educational and co-curricular elements inputs into its practice while continually recognizing value adds to the university’s prescribed curriculum.
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
One of the best B.Com Colleges in Bangalore offers Bachelor of Commerce courses that are created to give students a broad range of managerial abilities while also developing their expertise in a specific field of business study.
The broad business principles, taxation, finance, accounting, statistics, human resources, marketing, banking, economics, and information systems are covered in this stream.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The BBA program seeks to generate professionally polished individuals who have received education in various academic areas. In learning management, leadership, and entrepreneurship principles, students gain knowledge of the critical facets of international business.
- Communication & Public Speaking.
- Advanced Excel.
- SAP-Sales, FICO, HR.
- Excel For Beginners.
- Intellectual Property Rights.
- Business Simulation.
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
The BCA program equips students with the ability to succeed in a competitive IT career with gratifying jobs. Also, it equips students with the necessary background to move forward with assurance for higher education, such as an MBA, MIT, MCA, MS in computers, etc., and to gain better competency.
- Advanced Excel.
- Graphics Design & Animation.
- J2ee Programming.
- Personality Development Programme.
- Web Development Using Django.
- Data Analytics Using Power Bi.
- Python Full Stack Development.
- Mobile Application Development.
- Net Programming.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Surana College Bangalore is a premier MBA college in Bangalore that launched its MBA program in 1999 with a permitted enrollment of 120 seats. The Program offers dual specialization as an autonomous course under Bangalore University with the consent of UGC, New Delhi, and uses a choice-based credit system.
The Department now includes 12 full-time faculty members, 4 adjuncts, and 5 doctorates. The average faculty member is 30 years old, and they have 15 years’ worth of experience. The combination of industry, academia, and research exposure is found in the faculty.
Master of Commerce (M.Com)
M.Com is a two-year, four-semester post-graduate program that allows graduates to learn theoretical and practical business aspects.
One benefit of earning a master’s degree in business is being able to work in academia and research. Offers in other fields of business and finance, like managerial accounting, financial governance, costing, taxation, consulting, banking, and financial services, are an alternative.
- Financial Modeling and Data analysis through Software.
- Stock and Commodity Market.
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
MCA aims to generate qualified professionals with the abilities and knowledge to satisfy the rising demand for computer science and applications.
The course strongly emphasizes programming languages, software engineering, test automation, web technologies, and application development to meet IT requirements. In contrast, a solid basis is provided by mathematics, statistics, and computing principles.
Surana College Bangalore Fee Structure
One of the many attractive aspects of Surana College Bangalore is its affordable fee structure. The college doesn’t take any donations from its students. Additionally, the college also offers scholarships to students for many factors.
|Fees (Per Year)
Education has emerged among the most valuable and costly things in the modern world. Students seek financial aid to embark on the career of their dreams, which involves several years of study. Scholarships emerge as the most requested type of financial aid in such a situation.
Financial assistance is offered at Surana for:
- Meritorious Students.
- Physically Challenged Students.
- Financially Weak Students.
- Sports Students.
- Teacher’s Kids.
- Accident Insurance Policy.
Placements and Training
Surana College Bangalore has a Placement cell, a courtship between the academic community and business. Every student receives assistance from the placement cell in utilizing the campus’s resources. Students will have access to an enthusiastic faculty, illustrious alumni, a library, and internet resources to help them succeed in this cutthroat environment.
In addition to providing its students with a superior education under university requirements, Surana College works tirelessly to ensure that they are marketable and placement-ready through pre-placement training programs distributed over a three-year undergrad curriculum.
|Tally ERP 9 (BCom Students)
|Business Analytics – Certification from IBM (BBA Students)
|Digital Marketing – Google Certification (BBA Students)
|J2EE, .NET, Python programming (BCA students)
|Alumni and Corporates Guest Lectures
Career Guidance serves as a finishing school by increasing the employment prospects of Surana College students, preparing them for employment, and placing them in employment during their last year of graduation.
The college’s policy is to expose students to as many of the best business practices as possible through:
- Alumni and Corporates Guest Lectures.
- Project Works.
- Industrial Visits.
- Corporates and Government Officials’ Workshops
Surana College Bangalore Rankings
In recent years, affiliated with Bangalore University, Surana College Bangalore has achieved 54+ University Ranks. The college has been re-accredited with an “A+” grade by NAAC. Let’s look at the awards the institution and the students achieved in various events.
Awards and Achievements
- Surana College Bangalore was awarded for excellence in teaching, learning, research, and consultancy during Times Business Awards Bengaluru 2022.
- Raheel, notable alumni of Surana, was the top goal scorer and was awarded the best player at the Hockey5s Lausanne 2022.
- For the first time, the Bangalore University Team won the All India Inter University Netball Championship for Men 2023. The winning team included six deserving Surana students.
- Mohammad Yaqub Khaan received the Judo gold medal in the All India Inter SAI Competition held at CRC SAI Bhopal on Feb 2023.
- Surana College’s men’s cricket team won the intercollegiate cricket tournament 2022–23, which VET First Grade College in January 2023 organized. They won the gold medal at the All India Inter University Floorball Championship, which was played at ITM University in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, in February 2023.
Students will enjoy the appropriate freedom on campus, accountability, and discipline. The institution promotes interdisciplinary and lateral thinking in research to question existing knowledge and life paradigms. The pursuit of entrepreneurship is also encouraged.
Even in outreach initiatives, community volunteer work, and academic environment maintenance, student involvement is essential to the college’s core operations. Acceptance from parents and the general public has been a massive help to the college’s operation.
Journals, magazines, newspapers, and online platforms for information about faculty and student activities. In addition to textbooks, the library has a growing collection of reference works, including dictionaries, encyclopedias, yearbooks, and journal back issues.
Moreover, the library provides access to various e-books and e-journals via the NLIST/INFLIBNET/DELNET e-consortium. Moreover, the library provides access to various e-books and e-journals via the NLIST/INFLIBNET e-consortium. The British Council Library in Bangalore offers interlibrary loans through the library.
Clubs & Forums
Several groups and forums have been started at the college to create a connection between the campus and the business world. These organizations offer a top-notch center focused on students that motivate all students to advance not just academically but also engage in college and extracurricular activities.
Everyone who needs it can receive mental health care at the Surana Well-Being Center. This effort aims to offer the public and SEI stakeholders a methodical and scientific service.
The Surana Wellness Center offers a range of psychological services to the community, corporate businesses, schools, and institutions. It intends to offer assessment, psychotherapy, counseling, training, research, and extracurricular activities.
Training in life skills will be based exclusively on the WHO program. These psychological services will aid the maintenance of overall well-being.
- South End Campus Address: 16, S End Rd, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560004.
- Kengeri Campus Address: CA-17, Old Outer Ring Rd, Stage I, Kengeri Satellite Town, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560060.
Management course admissions are at a boom in Bangalore. With that, there is a lot of competition among colleges. We can help you by giving appropriate guidance on the college and the fee structure. You can contact our team to clear your doubts about Surana College Bangalore and its admission procedures.
You can also check out my detailed post on Lorven College of Science and Management Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the vision of Surana College?
Surana College has envisioned pioneering the convergence of knowledge, skills, and values via holistic education and being the academic institution of choice.
2. How many campuses does Surana College Bangalore have?
Surana has 2 campuses in Bangalore, one in South-End Circle and the other in Kengeri.
3. What courses are offered in Surana College Kengeri Campus?
Surana College Kengeri Campus offers MBA, and MCA courses.
4. Who are the notable alumni of Surana College?
The notable alumni of Surana College include Raghunath V, Pannaghabharam, Nikshep B R, Raheel, Rebecca Jose, and many more.
5. Does Surana College provide scholarships?
Yes, Surana College does provide scholarships to its students.
6. How is the faculty of Surana College Bangalore?
The faculty of Surana is very friendly and supportive.
7. Are there any active co-curricular activities at Surana College?
Yes, the college is very active in co-curricular activities and has also achieved many awards for the same.
8. Does Surana College Bangalore have a hostel?
No, Surana doesn’t provide hostel facilities.
A Small Ask
If you have visited Surana College Bangalore, I would like to request you write a review of this college in the comments section below.