Naturopathy is a holistic system of treatment in which a person builds harmony with constrictive principles of nature, along with the body’s inherent healing and disease treatments using elements of nature. If you want to become a doctor who can heal your body and mind, then go for the naturopathy course. Karnataka is the home to the well-known naturopathy colleges in India. Now, let’s learn more about Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere.
Table of Contents
- Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Overview
- Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Admission
- Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Courses Offered
- Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Overview
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere was established in 1998. The Institution comes under the RGUHS, Bangalore. Courses are approved by AYUSH Ministry, Karnataka Government. It offers a Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS).
|Name||Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences|
|Address||Doddabathi 577566, Davanagere, Karnataka.|
|Affiliated to||RGUHS, Bangalore|
|Approved by||Department of AYUSH, Karnataka Government|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The vision of the institution is to benefit humanity through education, research, and healthcare. Help to support the community and the society where we live and work together. To develop skilled professionals in order to fulfill the requirements of the future.
To become the best educational institution in the field of naturopathy. Nurture and train the next generation of naturopathic experts. Help to transform health as well as healthcare practices based on lifestyle, naturopathy as well as yoga practices.
Why Study at Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere?
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere is among the top naturopathy colleges in the state of Karnataka. The College ensures that you are studying on a world standard lively campus. You should take up a course in the college because:
- Highly educated, qualified, and knowledgeable faculty with strong academic and research backgrounds.
- The degree provides various specializations such as Acupuncture, Nutrition, Psychology, Wellness Management, Clinical Research, Chiropractic, Natural Medicine, Applied Yoga, etc.
- Multi-Disciplinary Course Structure allows aspirants to explore new dimensions in the field.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure includes lecture halls, well-equipped clinical labs, a library, digital materials, sports facilities, and a Yoga Centre.
- A well-developed residential facility with a spacious girls’ hostel with an attached mess facility.
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Admission
The process of admission to the Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) course is:
- Step 1: Medical students should complete the application form and attach the documents to the prescribed form.
- Step 2: The College will scan and review the applications.
- Step 3: On selection, eligible students will be called for the interview. It will include interviews with the faculty and staff members of the college.
- Step 4: Shortlisted students are offered admission to the course.
- Step 5: Selected candidates are required to submit the acceptance letter, along with the fees.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
If you want to study BNYS, first, you must become eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria for admission to the BNYS course are:
- Aspirants should have passed 12th Class from a recognized school or board.
- He/ She must have a combined score of at least 55% in English subject, along with an aggregate of 55% in Physics, Chemistry as well as Biology taken together.
- For SC/ST students, the aggregate score is 50%.
Documents Required for BNYS
The documents which you are supposed to bring along with the application form and two sets of photocopies attested by a Gazetted Officer are:
- 12th Class or PUC Scorecard.
- 10th Class or SSLC Scorecard.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Community or Caste Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
- 5 Passport Size Photos.
- 2 Stamp Size Photos.
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Courses Offered
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS).
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences is also known as BNYS. The program covers a duration of 5 and a half years. It comprises 4 and half years of academic coursework, followed by 1 year of internship. The Course is affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore, and approved by the AYUSH Ministry, Karnataka Government.
BNYS is a unique course that covers the human body’s natural systems, defense mechanisms against diseases, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Some of the subjects covered in BNYS are:
- Nature Care Philosophy.
- Yoga Practices.
- Yoga Applications.
- Nutrition, Dietetics, and Herbs.
- Holistic Practice of Naturopathy and Yoga.
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Fee Structure
The fee structure for the BNYS course is decided by the management of the college as well as the guidelines of the RGUHS, Bangalore. It also varies as per the category to which you belong to. Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere Fees Structure for BNYS is mentioned below:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences(BNYS)||NA|
Hostel Fees are charged separately from the students every year apart from the course fees. Charges for accommodation are based on the type of rooms which you are going to take up during the course time. Management of the college decides to provide residential facilities at reasonable rates. Parents or guardians can make payments by any way: debit card, credit card, cheques, demand draft, UPIor any other method.
Placements and Scope
Students put in their time and energy to achieve their career objectives. The Placement Department at Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere forms an important part of shaping the career of naturopathy students. Various placement-related activities such as seminars, workshops, conferences, mock interviews, and written tests are organized on campus. Experts from the Medical field visit the campus to keep the students updated about the current happenings in the field.
Tapovana Nature Cure and Yoga Hospital
Tapovana Nature Cure and Yoga Hospital is located between Harihara and Davanagere City. It is situated around 6 Km from the city of Davanagere. The healthcare facility charges reasonably for the different kinds of treatments. Patients need to follow natural principles during the time of treatment as well as after returning home. The treatment center caters to the healthcare needs of people living around the vicinity of the institution.
Rankings and Affiliations
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere is affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore. BNYS Course is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Karnataka Government. The Institution is well known for the Tapovana Nature Cure and Yoga Hospital. Patients are given treatments at affordable rates from all sections of the society. Placements and internships are offered in the Best Naturopathy Hospitals in Karnataka.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The TMCNYS Campus is situated in Doddabathi, which is in the city of Davanagere. The college ensures a lively campus atmosphere. It aims to merge technologies with the unique teaching methodology taught to the students. Learning is made more effective and efficient. Students are given the necessary facilities within the campus. Facilities given to the students within the campus are:
The College provides well-equipped technical labs from different departments in order to ensure a standard quality of education. Some of the labs are:
- Anatomy Dissection Hall.
- Physiology Haematology Lab.
- Biochemistry Lab.
- Clinical Nutrition Lab.
- Psychology Lab.
- Community Medicine Museum.
- Acupuncture Training Lab.
The library at Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere has a huge collection of reference books, study books, and naturopathy books for different subjects. The digital library is fully automated. Faculty Members and Students are given access to the books during college hours.
Other Amenities which are offered by the institution are:
- Multimedia Facility.
- Hostel Accommodation.
- Transport Facility.
College Contact Details
- Address: Doddabatti, Davanagere 577566 Karnataka.
- Distance from:
- Davangere Railway Station: 8.5 km.
- Davangere Bus Stop: 8 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.Where is the Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere located?
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere is located at Doddabathi in Davanagere District in Karnataka.
2.Does TMCNYS offer scholarships to students?
Yes, TMCNYS offers scholarships to students.
3.Does BNYS have a good future scope?
Yes, BNYS has a good future scope with an immense number of opportunities across various healthcare sectors.
4.How much is the minimum salary package of a naturopathy doctor?
The minimum salary package of a naturopathy doctor is INR 2.40 LPA.
5. Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere is affiliated to which University?
Tapovana Medical College of Naturopathy Davanagere is affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore
6. What is the duration of the BNYS Course?
The duration of the BNYS Course is 5 and ½ years.
7.Is naturopathy part of AYUSH?
Yes, naturopathy is one of the seven systems of AYUSH.
8.Can BNYS Doctor practise allopathy?
No, BNYS Doctor cannot practise allopathy
A Small Ask
I hope you are finding our articles on the naturopathy course relevant and interesting. If you like our articles, please share them among your near and dear ones. Kindly spare a few minutes to share your views on the institution. Your opinions can enlighten and bring a change in the life of a doctor.