Welcome to another detailed post about BSc agriculture. In this post, I will be giving you complete information regarding BSc agriculture salary per month in India. I will also tell you about the different sectors where you can join and also the salaries they provide.
First of all, I want to tell you that BSc Agriculture is recognized as a professional course by the government of India. That means the pay scale in the government sector will be equal to as an MBBS, BDS, BAMS, B.Tech graduates. 😀
Everyone out there has the question in their mind before joining the BSc agriculture course in India.
What is the Salary after BSc Agriculture Course?
The basic salary of a BSc Agri graduate will start from Rs.15,000 to Rs.50,000 per month. This is just the basic salary a graduate can get. If you pursue postgraduation after BSc agriculture, then you will be able to get a salary than the above.
The salary of BSc Agri pass out will differ in different sectors. If you join the government sector then you will be paid much far better than the private sector. In the government sector, you will also be having many benefits like pension schemes, insurance schemes, salary hikes, promotions, etc.
I personally know many people who are earning more than Rs.40,000 per month in private sectors. They were able to crack the interviews and also a few of them had good work experience. Yes, it is true that you will be able to earn more with your experience.
As of now, there is a great demand for BSc agriculture graduates due to the booming organic food market. In western countries, you can earn a lot with experience in agricultural research and engineering.
I would be great f you could be able to work in European countries where you will be able to earn more than in India.
My personal advice: Don’t let yourself down if you are not able to secure a good position and salary in the Agricultural field. Agri market is expanding like anything. So, think, and make things creative. Most of the people change their field without knowing about the future of agriculture.
My Personal Advice 2: It will be good if you take admission in ICAR recognized colleges. Only students who have passed out from an ICAR recognized university can join jobs in the government sector.
How much can you earn in different agricultural designations?
Here I will give you an idea about the expected salary for each post in the agricultural industry. This information are from my online research.
Managers in Plantations
There are many plantations in India and the salary is different for different plantations. Here I will list a few approximate salaries in different plantations.
- Jute Plantation: Rs.27,000 to Rs.48,000 per month.
- Tea Plantation: Rs.23,000 to Rs.40,000 per month.
- Coffee Plantation: Rs.21,000 to Rs.35,000 per month.
- Pepper Plantation: Rs.20,000 to Rs.36,000 per month.
- Teak Plantation: Rs.30,000 to Rs.65,000 per month.
- Cocoa Plantation: Rs.24,000 to Rs.45,000 per monthn.
- Rubber Plantation: Rs.25,000 to Rs.45,000 per month.
- Tobaco Cultivation: Rs.25,000 to Rs.40,000 per month.
- Cardamom Plantation: Rs.25,000 to Rs.43,000 per month.
- Indigo Plantation: Rs.20,000 to Rs.40,000 per month.
- Wood Plantation: Rs.30,000 to Rs.60,000 per month.
- Horticulture: Rs.25,000 to Rs.45,000 per month.
- Nursery: Rs.30,000 to Rs.50,000 per month.
Social Forestry Officer
Social forestry means the protection and management of forest, afforestation, deforestation with the intention of helping the environment, social, and rural development. SFO can earn around Rs.23,000 to Rs.45,000 per month.
Land Geometric Surveyor
LGS can earn around Rs.20,000 to Rs.45,000 depending on the experience. In this post experience really matters. If you have good skills then you will be paid more.
Soil Quality Officer
Soil quality officer has the role to survey the soil and study the fertility and other contents of the soil. Soil quality Officer will be having a salary of around Rs.22,000 to Rs.35,000 per month.
Grafting experts are really in demand. This is because the person should be able to work with the utmost care. This post is also called as a plant breeder. They will get a salary of around Rs.25,000 to Rs.50,000 per month.
Tissue Culture Expert
Tissue culture or budding experts can earn anywhere between Rs.20,000 to Rs.40,000 per month.
The above mentioned are the jobs mainly in the private sector. Now I will also list a few positions in the government sector and the expected salary range.
- Agricultural Loan Officer: Rs.40,000 to Rs.1 lakh/month.
- Irrigation Specialist: Rs.40,000 to Rs.80,000/month.
- Agricultural Educator: Rs.30,000 to Rs.50,000/month.
- Agricultural Engineer: Rs.25,000 to Rs.55,000/month.
- Farm Engineering Trainer: Rs.45,000 to Rs.1.1 lakh/month.
- Crop Science Manager: Rs.68,000 to Rs.1.5 lakh/month.
- Innovative Agricultural Officer: Rs.55,000 to Rs.1.1 lakh/month.
- Agronomy Expert: Rs.60,000 to Rs.1.45 lakh/month.
- Farm Finance Manager: Rs.45,000 to Rs.90,000/month.
- Farm Researcher: Rs.40,000 to Rs.80,000/month.
- Food Technologist: Rs.30,000 to Rs.70,000/month.
- Animal Nutritionist: Rs.35,000 to Rs.60,000/month.
- Fisheries Officer: Rs.27,000 to Rs.45,000/month.
- Fish Farm Manager: Rs.27,000 to Rs.45,000/month.
- Quarantine Inspector: Rs.40,000 to Rs.90,000/month.
As a lecturer in any agriculture college or university yon earn around Rs.60,000 to Rs.1.5 lakh/month. To get a lecturing post, you must be a postgraduate and also a clear NET entrance examination.
I think I had given you a complete idea about the BSc agriculture salary in India. Here I had tried my best to help all my readers with information collected online and also through people I know personally.
If you feel this article is worth sharing, then please do share it with your friends and people in need. If you have any questions in your mind, then comment it below and I will revert back to you as soon as possible. In case of any urgent queries, you can contact me via phone or WhatsApp on +91-79078 87585.
This post is also useful for people who are searching for BSc agriculture job salary.