Hello! If you are reading this, you may have just finished your 12th or are about to give your boards. Whichever it is, it is very normal to be anxious and nervous about which college or course to take. It is quite a tough task to choose the right course or college. Well, lucky for you, today I will guide you about Direct Admission in Mount Carmel College Bangalore 2023, one of the premier institutions in India, the college known for its academic excellence and for providing high-quality education over the last 75 years.
But hold your horses; don’t just jump into the pit right at the thought of direct admission to a premier institution. Here at Career Mudhra, we believe in complete guidance for students. Thus, although we will discuss direct admissions, let’s first look at the college’s various courses and facilities and help you better understand the college.
Before I start, If you are looking for Admission to Christ University, you can also go through my detailed post about Direct Admission in Christ University Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- Mount Carmel College Bangalore Overview
- Why Do Girls Prefer Mount Carmel Over Other Colleges?
- Mount Carmel College Bangalore Admission Procedure
- Mount Carmel College Courses Offered
- Mount Carmel College Bangalore Fee Structure
- Facilities and Infrastructure
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Overview
Mount Carmel College is a prestigious institution located in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Established in 1948, the college has a rich history of providing quality education to its students. The college is affiliated with Bengaluru City University and has been accredited by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC).
With its commitment to providing the best education, Mount Carmel College has established itself as a leader in the field of higher education.
The college is administered by the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa (CSST) and reflects the teachings of Jesus Christ. The values of love, peace, brotherhood/sisterhood, equality, joy, and service are at the forefront of everything they do.
Why Do Girls Prefer Mount Carmel Over Other Colleges?
Mount Carmel College in Bengaluru has several unique features that make it a preferred choice for women. These include:
- Safe and Secure Environment – The college has a safe and secure environment for women with a 24-hour security system.
- Girls’ Only – The college is for women only. As such, it has created a special environment that allows women to develop and grow into successful and empowered individuals in society.
- Women Empowerment – The college has several programs and initiatives to empower women and promote gender equality. The college has been the choice of the institute for many successful and influential women in our country.
- Supportive Faculty – The college has supportive and encouraging faculty who are always ready to guide and help students in their academic and personal journey.
- State-of-the-art facilities – The college has modern and well-equipped facilities, including a library, computer labs, sports facilities, and auditoriums.
- International Exposure – The college provides students with international exposure through various student exchange programs and international collaborations.
The college has been the alma mater of many successful and independent women in our country. Some of the notable alumni of the college are:
- Renowned journalist Faye D’souza.
- Famous actress Deepika Padukone.
- Renowned actress and Smita Patil Memorial awardee Anushka Sharma.
- Billionaire entrepreneur and founder of Biocon Kiran Mazumdar and many more.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Admission Procedure
The typical admission process for Mount Carmel College is a straightforward 6-step process:
- Start by accessing the online application form available on the college website.
- Fill in the application, attach all necessary scanned documents, and submit the form along with the application fee. Please note that incomplete forms will not be processed.
- The admission coordinators will verify the application and uploaded documents.
- Based on the eligibility criteria, the program admission coordinators will shortlist the candidates and inform them via email or call. A provisional list of selected candidates will be posted on the college website.
- The annual program fee will be assigned, and a fee payment link will be available in the admission portal. Candidates will receive a text message from the college regarding the fee payment, which must be done before the last date.
- Online fee payments will be acknowledged immediately, and students will receive a text message confirming their provisional admission. For offline payments made via NEFT, UPI, or bank payment, an acknowledgment will be sent after 48 hours.
Admission via Entrance Exam
The college has a separate admission procedure for M.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition, M.A. in English, and M.Sc in Psychology. Following that, the process is as follows:
- Register for the Entrance Exam from the official college website.
- Sit for the Entrance Exam.
- Based on Merit Scores in Undergraduate degree courses and Entrance Exams, students will be shortlisted for in-person selection interviews.
- Appear for the personal interview round.
- Based on their performance in undergraduate degree courses, entrance exams, and personal interviews, candidates are shortlisted for admission and intimated of the same.
At the time of admission, students should keep the following documents on hand:
- Soft Copy of recent passport-size photograph.
- Soft copy of the recent signature of the applicant.
- Candidates opting for caste/ reservations must submit a copy of their caste/ income certificate, valid for up to 5 years.
- A baptism Certificate is required for Catholic Applicants.
- A letter from the Parish Priest of the church of Catholic Applicants.
- Disability/ Handicapped Certificates issued by Registered Medical Practitioners for differently-abled candidates.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- 10th Marksheet with two copies.
- 12th Marksheet with two copies.
- Transfer Certificate issued by the head of the previous institution.
- Character Certificate issued by the head of the previous institution.
- Foreign students must obtain an eligibility certificate from Bengaluru City University before applying.
|BBA – Regular||
|BBA – Branding & Advertising|
|BBA – Business Analytics||
|MBA – Business Administration||
|B.Com – Regular||
|B.Com – Industry Integrated|
|B.Com – Professional|
|B.Com – Business Process Services|
|B.Com – Strategic Finance|
|B.Com – Corporate Finance|
|B.Com – International Accounting & Finance|
|B.Com – Tourism & Travel Management|
|M.Com – Regular||
|M.Com – Financial Analysis|
|M.Com – International Business|
|B.A – Communication & Media||
|B.A – Economics|
|B.A – Journalism & Mass Communication|
|B.A – Psychology|
|Bachelor in Sports Management|
|B.A – History, Political Science|
|B.A – History, Tourism & Travel Management|
|B.A – Political Science, Economics|
|B.A – Political Science, Sociology|
|B.A – Psychology, Communicative English|
|B.A – Psychology, English Literature|
|B.A – Psychology, Economics|
|B.A – Psychology, Journalism|
|B.A – Psychology, Sociology|
|B.Voc – Hospitality and Tourism|
|M.A – Economics||
|M.A – English|
|M.A – Public Policy|
|B.Sc – Biochemistry||
|B.Sc – Biotechnology||
|B.Sc – Fashion and Apparel Design|
|B.Sc – Food Science & Nutrition||
|B.Sc – Home Science|
|B.Sc – Interior Design and Management||
|B.Sc – Data Science|
|BCA – Computer Application||
|B.Sc – Botany, Zoology||
|B.Sc – Botany, Microbiology|
|B.Sc. – Chemistry, Biotechnology|
|B.Sc – Chemistry, Microbiology|
|B.Sc – Computer Science, Mathematics|
|B.Sc – Economics, Statistics|
|B.Sc – Environmental Science, Biology||
|B.Sc – Mathematics, Physics||
|B.Sc – Nutrition & Dietetics, Human Development|
|B.Sc – Zoology, Biotechnology|
|B.Sc – Zoology, Microbiology|
|M.Sc – Biochemistry||
|M.Sc – Biotechnology|
|M.Sc – Botany|
|M.Sc – Chemistry|
|M.Sc – Computer Science|
|M.Sc – Electronics||
|M.Sc – Food Science & Nutrition||
|M.Sc – Human Development|
|M.Sc – Life Science|
|M.Sc – Mathematics|
|M.Sc – Nano Science & Technology||
|MCA – Computer Application||
|M.Sc – Psychology|
NOTE – The college does not offer management quota seats. However, meritorious students can be offered seats based on academic recommendations from reputed institutions.
If the seats are filled in Mount Carmel College, then the next best option you can try is direct admission to St Joseph College Bangalore.
Mount Carmel College Courses Offered
Mount Carmel College Bangalore offers various courses – both undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It offers programs in various fields, such as Natural and Applied Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences, Commerce, and Management.
The college offers courses in such fields and specializations in many aspects of the course. Let us now take a brief look at the offerings of Mount Carmel College:
School of Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Regular.
- BBA in Branding and Advertising.
- BBA in Business Analytics.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
School of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) Regular.
- B.Com. in Tourism & Travel Management.
- B.Com. Industry Integrated.
- B.Com. Professional.
- B.Com in Strategic Finance (Integrated with CMA).
- B.Com in Corporate Finance (Integrated with US CPA).
- B.Com. Business Process Services (BPS) in Association with TCS.
- B.Com. International Accounting and Finance (IAF) Accredited to ACCA.
- M.Com. in International Business.
- M.Com. in Financial Analysis.
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- B.A. (Honors) in Communication and Media.
- B.A. in Economics.
- B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- B.A. in Psychology.
- Bachelors in Sports Management.
- Bachelor of Vocational Course in Hospitality and Tourism (BHT).
- B.A. in History and Political Science.
- B.A. in History, Travel and Tourism.
- B.A. in Political Science and Sociology.
- B.A. in Political Science and Economics.
- B.A. in Psychology and Communicative English.
- B.A. in Psychology and Economics.
- B.A. in Psychology and English Literature.
- B.A. in Psychology and Journalism.
- B.A. in Psychology and Sociology.
- M.A. in Economics.
- M.A. in English.
- M.A. in Public Policy.
- M.Sc. in Psychology.
School of Natural and Applied Sciences
- B.Sc in Biochemistry.
- B.Sc in Biotechnology.
- B.Sc in Composite Home Science (H.Sc.).
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA).
- B.Sc in Data Science.
- B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design (FAD).
- B.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition.
- B.Sc in Interior Design Management (IDM).
- B.Sc in Botany and Microbiology.
- B.Sc in Botany and Zoology.
- B.Sc in Chemistry and Biotechnology.
- B.Sc in Chemistry and Microbiology.
- B.Sc in Computer Science and Mathematics.
- B.Sc in Economics and Statistics.
- B.Sc in Environmental Science and Biology.
- B.Sc in Mathematics and Physics.
- B.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics and Human Development.
- B.Sc in Zoology and Biotechnology.
- B.Sc in Zoology and Microbiology.
- M.Sc in Biochemistry.
- M.Sc in Biotechnology.
- M.Sc in Botany.
- M.Sc in Chemistry.
- M.Sc in Computer Sciences.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA).
- M.Sc in Electronics.
- M.Sc in Food Science and Nutrition.
- M.Sc in Human Development.
- M.Sc in Life Science.
- M.Sc in Mathematics.
- M.Sc in Nano Science and Technology.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Fee Structure
The fee structure for various courses at Mount Carmel College Bangalore are:
|COURSE||SEM – 1 FEES||SEM – 2 FEES|
|BBA – Regular||Rs. 84000||Rs. 40000|
|BBA – Branding & Advertising||Rs. 146500||Rs. 50000|
|BBA – Business Analytics||Rs. 90000||Rs. 45000|
|MBA – Business Administration||For PGCET Applicants – Rs. 125000||For non-PGCET/ KAT/ CAT Applicants – Rs. 210000|
|B.Com – Regular||Rs. 40000||Rs. 32000|
|B.Com – Industry Integrated||Rs. 61500||Rs. 35000|
|B.Com – Professional||Rs. 67100||Rs. 30500|
|B.Com – Business Process Services||Rs. 43500||Rs. 30000|
|B.Com – Strategic Finance||Rs. 75500||Rs. 42000|
|B.Com – Corporate Finance||Rs. 75500||Rs. 42000|
|B.Com – International Accounting & Finance||Rs. 77000||Rs. 40000|
|B.Com – Tourism & Travel Management||Rs. 50800||Rs. 30000|
|M.Com – Regular||Rs. 57200||Rs. 35000|
|M.Com – Financial Analysis||Rs. 61800||Rs. 38000|
|M.Com – International Business||Rs. 61800||Rs. 38000|
|B.A – Communication & Media||Rs. 61500||Rs. 45000|
|B.A – Economics||Rs. 44500||Rs. 28000|
|B.A – Journalism & Mass Communication||Rs. 51100||Rs. 35000|
|B.A – Psychology||Rs. 51100||Rs. 35000|
|Bachelor in Sports Management||Rs. 44500||Rs. 28000|
|B.A – History, Political Science||Rs. 28500||Rs. 13000|
|B.A – History, Tourism & Travel Management||Rs. 39400||Rs. 32000|
|B.A – Political Science, Economics||Rs. 28500||Rs. 13000|
|B.A – Political Science, Sociology||Rs. 28500||Rs. 13000|
|B.A – Psychology, Communicative English||Rs. 51100||Rs. 35000|
|B.A – Psychology, English Literature||Rs. 32500||Rs. 18000|
|B.A – Psychology, Economics||Rs. 32500||Rs. 18000|
|B.A – Psychology, Journalism||Rs. 46650||Rs. 30000|
|B.A – Psychology, Sociology||Rs. 32500||Rs. 18000|
|B.Voc – Hospitality and Tourism||Rs. 34700||Rs. 22000|
|M.A – Economics||Rs. 48600||Rs. 30000|
|M.A – English||Rs. 48000||Rs. 28000|
|M.A – Public Policy||Rs. 74100||Rs. 44000|
|B.Sc – Biochemistry||Rs. 57500||Rs. 35000|
|B.Sc – Biotechnology||Rs. 52750||Rs. 39750|
|B.Sc – Fashion and Apparel Design||Rs. 76000||Rs. 50000|
|B.Sc – Food Science & Nutrition||Rs. 61500||Rs. 35000|
|B.Sc – Home Science||Rs. 35000||Rs. 12000|
|B.Sc – Interior Design and Management||Rs. 70500||Rs. 50000|
|B.Sc – Data Science||Rs. 55500||Rs. 40000|
|BCA – Computer Application||Rs. 60500||Rs. 35000|
|B.Sc – Botany, Zoology||Rs. 33000||Rs. 12000|
|B.Sc – Botany, Microbiology||Rs. 39850||Rs. 20000|
|B.Sc. – Chemistry, Biotechnology||Rs. 67900||Rs. 35000|
|B.Sc – Chemistry, Microbiology||Rs. 39850||Rs. 20000|
|B.Sc – Computer Science, Mathematics||Rs. 41000||Rs. 22000|
|B.Sc – Economics, Statistics||Rs. 35400||Rs. 16000|
|B.Sc – Environmental Science, Biology||Rs. 39850||Rs. 20000|
|B.Sc – Mathematics, Physics||Rs. 33000||Rs. 12000|
|B.Sc – Nutrition & Dietetics, Human Development||Rs. 45600||Rs. 30000|
|B.Sc – Zoology, Biotechnology||Rs. 67900||Rs. 35000|
|B.Sc – Zoology, Microbiology||Rs. 61500||Rs. 35000|
|M.Sc – Biochemistry||Rs. 57900||Rs. 37000|
|M.Sc – Biotechnology||Rs. 59200||Rs. 38000|
|M.Sc – Botany||Rs. 54700||Rs. 35000|
|M.Sc – Chemistry||Rs. 52600||Rs. 31000|
|M.Sc – Computer Science||Rs. 57400||Rs. 36000|
|M.Sc – Electronics||Rs. 52600||Rs. 31000|
|M.Sc – Food Science & Nutrition||Rs. 75000||Rs. 47000|
|M.Sc – Human Development||Rs. 52400||Rs. 30000|
|M.Sc – Life Science||Rs. 54700||Rs. 35000|
|M.Sc – Mathematics||Rs. 52600||Rs. 31000|
|M.Sc – Nano Science & Technology||Rs. 52600||Rs. 31000|
|MCA – Computer Application||NA||NA|
|M.Sc – Psychology||Rs. 57400||Rs. 37000|
Mount Carmel College, Bangalore, strongly commits to providing education to marginalized sections of society and supporting students in their academic journey. The college offers various scholarships, fee concessions, group medical insurance, and mid-day meal schemes to support student’s academic pursuits.
The college is also eligible for government scholarships such as Minority Scholarship, PG Single Girl Child – UGC, Minority Education Loan, SC/ST Scholarship, Sanchi Honnamma Scholarship, and SC/ST Above 60% Scholarship.
The college also provides institutional scholarships, which alumni have established, staff, and the general public. These scholarships are provided to academically deserving and financially needy students based on the verification of necessary documents.
In addition to government and institutional scholarships, the college also offers private scholarships to eligible students.
Facilities and Infrastructure
Mount Carmel College Bangalore is a premier educational institution that offers its students a wide range of facilities and infrastructures. The College campus is spread over an area of 18 acres. It is equipped with all the necessary amenities and services to make the learning experience of its students comfortable and hassle-free.
Let’s take a brief overview of the various facilities offered by the college:
- Classrooms – The College has spacious, well-lit, and air-conditioned classrooms equipped with the latest teaching aids like overhead, LCD, and interactive whiteboards. The seating arrangement is comfortable and allows students to participate actively in classroom activities.
- Library – The College library is one of the most well-stocked libraries in Bengaluru and is equipped with a vast collection of books, journals, periodicals, and online resources. The library also has a separate reading room where students can study and access the available resources.
- Laboratories – The College has state-of-the-art science and computer laboratories with the latest technology and equipment. These labs provide students with hands-on experience and training in various scientific and technical areas.
- Hostel – The college provides facilities for students from far-off places. The hostels are equipped with all necessary amenities and provide students with a safe and secure environment.
- Sports Facilities – Mount Carmel College has a well-equipped sports complex that includes facilities for various indoor and outdoor sports activities like basketball, football, volleyball, badminton, and table tennis. There are also facilities for fitness and yoga.
- Cafeteria – The College has a well-maintained and hygienic cafeteria that provides students with nutritious and healthy meals at affordable prices.
- Auditorium – The College has a well-equipped and spacious auditorium that can accommodate large audiences and is used for various cultural and academic activities, seminars, workshops, and guest lectures.
- Medical facilities – The College has a well-equipped health center that provides students with basic medical facilities and first-aid services.
These are some key facilities and infrastructures that Mount Carmel College provides its students. The College is constantly upgrading and adding new facilities to provide its students with the best possible learning environment.
Mount Carmel College Bangalore Address
- Address: 58, Palace Rd, Abshot Layout, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560052.
If you have come this far, you must be familiar with Mount Carmel and its offerings. So, if you think this college is the one and have decided this is the right course for you, don’t think a second more and call the Career Mudhra Team.
Our team is always accessible to give you the admission guidance and information you need about Direct Admission at Mount Carmel College Bangalore. Feel Free to Contact us, and we’ll be happy to guide you.
I’ll sum it up by saying that your study at Mount Carmel College Bangalore will prepare you for a world that is both competitive and highly networked. The comprehensive training will support your interests, encourage you to establish informed ideas, instill managerial and administrative skills, and develop acceptable educational and research approaches.
Given the wealth of opportunities Mount Carmel College Bangalore offers, you should be a keen observer and learn to recognize circumstances that will work in your favor and promote your development. Possess the self-confidence to collaborate effectively, have common objectives that line up with the institution’s, enjoy good relations with other university stakeholders, and exercise discrimination in your decision-making.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the college located?
The college is located at No 58, Palace Road, Vasanthnagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560052.
2. When was the college established?
The college was established in 1948.
3. Which university is the college affiliated to?
The college is affiliated to Bangalore City University.
4. Which type of courses does the college offer?
The college offers both undergrad and postgrad courses in a variety of fields from applied sciences, social sciences to commerce and management.
5. Does the college offer Student Accommodations?
Yes. The college offers student accommodations for both boys and girls with all modern amenities and facilities for a comfortable stay.
6. What type of college is it?
It is an autonomous private college.
7. Does the college offer placement services?
Yes. The college has a dedicated placement cell to help fresh graduates find placement at reputed companies as well as help students find internship and work experience opportunities.
8. What does autonomous imply?
Mount Carmel College Bangalore is an autonomous college that means it has autonomy when it comes to academics. This means the college has the freedom to create its syllabus and hold its examinations.