Are you interested in medicines or drugs? Then, a pharmacy is the best option for you. A pharmacy is a store where the purchases and sales of medicines or drugs take place. It is also known as the drug store. A pharmacist is a person who deals with these drugs and medicines. Pharmacy is among the most evergreen and growing fields with a lot of scopes. Here, I will be sharing relevant and important details about Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore. Its admissions, courses, departments etc.
Table of Contents
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore Overview
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Admissions
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Courses
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Fees
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Placements
- Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Ranking
- On-Campus Facilities
- Frequently Asked Questions
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore Overview
The college is among the institutions which come under the Acharya Group of Institutions. It is run primarily by the JMJ Educational Society under the guidance of Shri Premanath Reddy. It was founded in 1992. The main purpose of the institution is to provide good quality education by imparting knowledge and skills with human values.
The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It has also got approvals from the AICTE and is accredited as the topmost college by NBA. It has been ranked as the best pharmacy college by MHRD in Bangalore and has also got NIRF Ranking from the Government of India.
|College Name||Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy|
|Address||Acharya Institutes, Acharya Dr S. Radhakrishnan Road, Devanahalli, Bangalore 560107|
|Year of establishment||1992|
|Affiliated to||Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full-time|
|Hostel||Both Boys & Girls|
The college is located at Acharya Group of Institutes, Acharya Dr S. Radhakrishnan Road, Acharya P.O. Soladevanahalli, Bangalore 560107, Karnataka. The other colleges that come under the Acharya Group of Institutions are:
- Acharya Institute of Technology.
- Acharya NRV School of Architecture.
- Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies.
- Acharya School of Design.
- Acharya Institute of Allied Health Sciences.
- Acharya’s N R Institute of Physiotherapy.
- Smt. Nagarathnamma School of Nursing.
- Smt. Nagarathnamma College of Nursing.
- Acharya Polytechnic.
- Acharya Institute of English and Foreign Languages.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy are trying to create an ecosystem which is increasingly oriented toward the development of drugs and clinical-centric projects. There is a collaboration among the faculty members and researchers from various departments like pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy as well as analysis of the pharmaceuticals, which interlinks and integrates the research towards the scientific community.
Why study Pharmacy at Acharya and BM Reddy College?
Pharmacy is among the most popular courses which open lots of career opportunities for students after completing pharmacy courses. The institute is ranked among the best colleges in Bangalore. The main reasons to study pharmacy at the institution are:
- Course Structure: The courses which are offered at the institute are competitive with respect to the set standards. Each of the subjects is dealt with in detail with theoretical, practical and clinical experiences in the hospitals. The internships are provided at the top medical and research institutions.
- Faculty: The faculty at Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy are well qualified, experienced and learned to share their expertise and guidance among the students in the respective fields.
- Infrastructure: The college has excellent infrastructure facilities such as classrooms, hostels, dining hall, sports amenities and a cafeteria for the students residing within the campus.
- Placements: Students who are finishing their pharmacy courses are provided with an immense number of opportunities in various hospitals, industries and research labs.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Admissions
Acharya Group of Institutions is amongst the best institutions offering a vast number of academic courses at different levels, starting from the Diploma to the Doctorate level. Students can apply to the various courses on the mentioned website. The admission process for the college is as follows:
- Visit the college website and fill in the application form.
- Upload the mentioned documents.
- Once you have finished uploading the documents, the documents will be verified by the college.
- After verifying the documents, you are required to wait for the confirmation letter.
- You need to get your admission confirmed by paying the fees through DD, NEFT, Online banking etc.
- You are required to wait for the college to provide you with the confirmation letter.
Eligibility criteria for B. Pharm, D. Pharm & Pharm D
- Students must have passed the 12th Standard/ ”A “Level or any of its equivalent from any recognized board or council.
- Must have scored at least 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology Zoology or Computer Science.
- For Pharm D, candidates with Diploma in Pharmacy can also apply besides qualifying 12th.
- Must have completed seventeen years of age as on 31st December as on the year of admissions.
- 10th Class Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Marksheet and Passing Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate
- Nationality Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Gap Certificate (if required).
- Bank account information.
- EWS Certificate.
- Recent photographs.
Eligibility criteria for PB Pharm D
PB Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate – Doctor of Pharmacy) is a course for a duration of 3 years. The eligibility criteria for PB Pharm D admissions are:
- Must pass B. Pharm from a recognized Indian University or any other recognized university or must be affiliated with RGUHS and approved by PCI and AICTE.
- The minimum aggregate score which must be obtained is 50%.
- B. Pharm Passing Certificate.
- B. Pharm Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if any).
- Aadhar Card.
- Recent photographs.
Eligibility criteria for M. Pharm
- Must have passed B. Pharm from any recognized University or College, or recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences and approved by PCI or AICTE.
- The minimum marks scored must be around 55%.
- Year-wise Marksheet of B. Pharm
- B. Pharm Passing Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if any)
Eligibility criteria for Ph. D (Pharmacy)
Students must have completed an M. Pharm degree from any college or university which is recognised by the AICTE or PCI or Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
B. Pharm & Pharm. D Cut-off
Every year, the cut-offs are declared by the institution, after the declaration from the Karnataka CET examination. The cut-offs are applicable to the available for courses which are offered in the college:
|Courses||1st Round||2nd Round||3rd Round|
CET 2022 Important Dates
|KCET 2022 Notification Release Date||16 April 2022|
|Application Form starting from||18 April 2022|
|Application Form Ending on||20 May 2022|
|KCET Registration Reopening from||11 June and 12 June 2022|
|Last Date for paying the application fees||20 May 2022|
|KCET Admit Card||2 June 2022|
|KCET Exam Dates||16,17 and 18 June 2022|
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Courses
Pharmacy refers to the art, science or profession of preparation and dispensing of medical drugs. It is amongst the most popular courses in today’s medical field. There are a growing number of opportunities available in India and abroad after completing pharmacy.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore offer courses to students at various levels such as undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral. Different programs of pharmacy offered by the college are:
|Sl. No.||Course (s)||Duration|
|1.||D. Pharm – Diploma In Pharmacy||2 years|
|2.||B. Pharm – Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|3.||Pharm D – Doctor of Pharmacy||6 Years|
|4.||Pharm D – Post Baccalaureate||3 years|
|5.||M. Pharm – Pharmacology||2 years|
|6.||M. Pharm – Pharmaceutics||2 years|
|7.||M. Pharm – Pharmaceutical Chemistry||2 years|
|8.||M. Pharm – Quality Assurance||2 years|
|9.||M. Pharm – Pharmaceutical Analysis||2 Years|
|10.||M. Pharm – Drug Regulatory Affairs||2 years|
|11.||Ph. D – Pharmaceutical Chemistry||3 years|
|12.||Ph. D – Pharmaceutics||3 Years|
|13.||Ph. D – Pharmacology||3 Years|
D. Pharm (Diploma in Pharmacy)
The job of the pharmacist is to mix, prepare, compound and dispense the drugs in the form of medicines, ointments, pills, powders, tablets and injections on the prescriptions given by medical practitioners, dentists or the veterinarian. After finishing their Diploma in Pharmacy, students can set up their own pharmacy or drug store, which can be registered under the State Pharmacy Council of India.
B. Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
Bachelor of Pharmacy or B. Pharm is an undergraduate-level program in the pharmacy field. The pharmaceutical industry opens a lot of job opportunities for medical aspirants. The graduates are in demand in the fields of clinical research, drug testing and documentation, government health departments etc.
Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy)
Doctor of Pharmacy or Pharm D is among the newest courses which have been introduced in the Indian Pharmaceutical sector. The most important role of the pharmacist is to make the patient feel happy about his health by giving proper advice to the patient.
PB Pharm D (Post Baccalaureate – Doctor of Pharmacy)
PB Pharm D is among the courses which have been newly introduced in the education field. The knowledge of healthcare and pharmacy can help in providing opportunities with information for physicians, nurses and also the patients.
M. Pharm (Master of Pharmacy)
M Pharm is the postgraduate degree program in pharmacy. It is offered after completing a B. Pharm degree. It is a course offered for a duration of 2 years. You can get job opportunities in government, private and multinational organizations. The specializations offered are:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
- Quality Assurance.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Drug Regulatory Affairs.
Ph. D (Pharmacy)
Ph. D is a doctoral course in the field of pharmacy. It focuses on the various subjects of research and the research methodology. It is a full course for a duration of 3 years and a part-time for a duration of five years. The specializations in which PhD can be pursued are:
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Faculties play an integral part in any student’s life. They are the ones who groom, guide, mentor and monitor them during the course duration. Few of the esteemed faculty members in the college are:
- Dr. Venkatesh D P – Professor.
- Dr Sanjeev Kumar B – Professor.
- Moumita Banerjee – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Madhavi B.L.R – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Sateesha S.B – Associate Professor.
- Dr Uday Raj Sharma – Associate Professor.
- Dr. Surendra V – Associate Professor.
- Dr Suresh Janadhri – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Raghavendra Nulgunmalli Manjunathaiah – Professor.
- Dr. Selvakumar K – Assistant Professor.
- Dr Geetha Jayaprakash – Assistant Professor.
- Arun Chandran R – Assistant Professor and many more.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Fees
The details about the fees structure for the various courses at Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore are:
|Course (s)||Fees/ Yr||Eligibility|
|D. Pharm||Rs. 96,175||12th Standard|
|B. Pharm||Rs. 2,30,000||12th Standard|
|Pharm. D||Rs. 5,01,000||Diploma/ 12th Standard|
|PB Pharm. D||Rs. 2,76,000||B. Pharm|
|M. Pharm||Rs. 3,76,000||B. Pharm|
|Ph. D||Rs. 5,01,000||M. Pharm|
Instalment Facilities: The College provides instalment facilities with the banks with which the college has got tied up. The instalments of fees can be paid through DD, Cheque, NEFT Transfer and NET Banking.
Scholarships: A scholarship facility is provided to students who have scored good marks in their examinations. It is a way of helping the students who are in need of help.
Educational Loans: The institution arranges loans for various nationalized and private banks. You can avail of this facility and get the loans on an instalment basis.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Placements
The placement cell at Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore looks after the employment opportunities for the students and also arranges campus interviews for the students in the final year and also provides internships for the students in the pre-final year.
The placement process for the pre-final semester students starts in the month of June. The College looks into the process for hassle-free recruitment of its students. The students get placed in top hospitals, research institutions and government institutions.
- Drug inspector
- Clinical Research Associate
- Research Officer
- Medical Writer
- Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Formulation Development Associate
- Marketing executive
|Cipla||Lupin||Dr Reddy’s Laboratories||Sun Pharma|
|Glenmark||Abbott India||Piramal Enterprises||Glenmark|
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Ranking
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy have received the NIRF Ranking for the Best Pharmacy College in Bangalore. The institution is ranked as India’s top industry-linked Pharmacy College. Having an affiliation with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, the college has got a good reputation for industry interface. The professionals from the institute have managed to get 6 Ranks and 2 gold medals. Few of the laurels bagged by Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy are-
- Technology Enabled Library in India.
- Most Diverse Private Campus in India.
- Bengaluru’s Largest Composite Academy.
- Pharmacy College in Bangalore.
- Industry Linked Pharmacy College in India.
- SIRO Status.
- Green Campus Award.
The institution is located in an area of around 120 acres of land in the city of Bangalore. Acharya Group of Institutes with its green landscaping provides the most conducive atmosphere for a learning environment where they can gain knowledge and also participate in the events happening on campus. The infrastructure facilities available are:
Acharya Group of Institutes has got twelve residences, of which 5 are for boys and 7 are for girls. The hostel can accommodate around 1500 students in one room, with double and triple sharing bedrooms. It has facilities such as TV and newspapers. The Chief Warden and Deputy Warden are in charge of supervising the hostel.
The dining halls provide a well-maintained kitchen with hygienic food. Different varieties of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food are cooked as per the needs of the students. Students can also have access to snacks and soft drinks from the cafeteria.
Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy Bangalore has a world-class counselling centre in which one on one counselling, group counselling and other career-related courses are offered to the students.
The institution offers smart classrooms with whiteboards and state-of-art response systems, in order to help and improve the teaching and learning experiences. It uses Learning Management Systems in order to ensure good quality and learning for the students.
Learning Skills and Activities
In order to increase learning and performance, lots of learning activities and games are taught along with the learning activities. Other skills like soft skills, communication skills and leadership skills are also taught to them during the interactive learning sessions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Acharya and BM Reddy a private college?
Yes, it is a private college.
2. Is Acharya and BM Reddy College affiliated?
The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
3. What is the location of the institution?
The location of the institution is at Acharya Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Road, Soldevanahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka.
4. How many years does it take to complete B. Pharm?
The course duration for completing B. Pharm is 4 years.
5. What is the eligibility for M. Pharm?
Candidates must have completed B. Pharm to be eligible to get admission to M. Pharm.
6. Does the college provide placement?
Yes, the college provides placement assistance to the students.
7. Is there hostel accommodation available on campus?
Yes, hostel accommodation is available on campus for both boys and girls.
8. What is the average salary of pharmacists?
The average salary of pharmacists is around Rs 4 lakhs per annum.
You can also check on the college link below. If you are interested in physiotherapy programs, you can get to know about the college’s various detailed information.
One Small Request:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Acharya and BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.