If you’ve qualified your 12th standard and ready for a challenging and satisfying career, then you should apply for a physiotherapy program. The physiotherapy sector is a thriving one in the healthcare industry of India. There are many good colleges for a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy but Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has become one of the leading institutes and manifests a legacy of more than 20 years. Students are nurtured holistically and the career prospects are quite better after a graduate degree from this institute. I have posted information based on my extensive research through faculty, students and alumni of the college. And, I can rate this college to be one of the best in my full command. Read further to know more about admission process, fee details, courses, placements, facilities etc.
Table of Contents
- Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Eligibility for getting admission to BPT
- Documents Required
- Facilities Available
- State-of-the-art Labs at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Hostel Facility at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Recreation Facility at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Hostel Mess at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Seminar Hall
- Training for Internship
- Clinical Facilities
- Sports and Games Facility
- Transport Facility
- Departments and Research
- Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
- How to reach Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Aditya College of Physiotherapy, Bangalore is a private institution that came into existence in the year 2000. The institute has got affiliations with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute and the Indian Institution of Physiotherapists. The institute is located on the Kogilu Main Road in Yelahanka in the city of Bangalore.
The Director of Aditya College of Physiotherapy is Dr. B. A. Viswanath, Professor Yashodamma is the Director of Nursing, Professor Shobha R is the Principal and Professor Marie Rosy is the Vice-Principal.
Apart from them, there is a team of highly qualified, experienced faculties who are experts in their respective fields. Some of them are:
- Associate Professor – Mrs. Vijay Lakshmi (MSc in Medical-Surgical Nursing).
- Associate Professor – Mrs. Hephzibah Keren (MSc in Community Health Nursing).
- Assistant Professor – Mrs. G. Pavithramma (MSc in Psychiatric Nursing).
- Assistant Professor – Mrs. Bhagyalakhshmi (MSc in Community Health Nursing).
- Assistant Professor – Mr. Syam Kumar (M.Sc. in Medical-Surgical Nursing).
- Assistant Professor – Mrs. Kavya H. S (MSc in Obstetrics and Genecology).
The institute offers graduate-level courses namely Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT), which has an intake of around forty seats.
Bachelors of Physiotherapy in Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelors of Physiotherapy is a program offered by Aditya College of Physiotherapy. The duration of the course is four and half years. It has to be followed by six months of internship. The program has got affiliation with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS). It also got recognition from Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, and Karnataka State Nursing Council.
Eligibility for getting admission to BPT
If you are looking to get admission into the BPT course, then you need to fulfill the required criteria:
- Candidates must have passed 2nd PUC/12th class or an equivalent examination with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in English. They must have scored not less than forty percentage marks together in subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (For SC/ST students, the score must be thirty-five percent).
- There is also a reservation of seats for certain categories like Rural and Kannada. The reservation of special categories such as Sports, NCC, etc. is applicable for the students in Karnataka, who have eligibility for Government as well as Government quota seats.
Fees for Application
The Application fees for the different categories are:
- For students in General and Other Backward Classes (including SC/ ST) is Rs 1000.
- For candidates in Category 1 and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) is Rs 500.
It is mandatory to bring the original certificates along with one more attested copy of the originals during the time of verification of documents. The documents required are:
- Printout of the application form which is available online.
- Receipt of payment of application fees.
- .10th Class/ SSLC Mark sheet (For verifying the date of birth).
- 12th class/ 2nd PUC or any other equivalent examination mark sheet.
- CISCE students are required to submit a study certificate from the Principal of the respective schools.
- Kannada Medium Study certificates duly signed by the BEO for students applying for the Kannada reservations.
- Certificate of Caste/Caste Income certificate/ Certificate of income to be issued by the respective Tahsildar in order to claim the benefits for reservation.
- For students applying for reservation in the Hyderabad and Karnataka region-Certificates of Parents-Study certificate of Parents/Hometown certificate/Domicile certificate/ Employment certificate/ Cumulative Record/ Marks Sheet.
- The above is also applicable to students who are applying for domicile/ study/ employment certificates.
- Students applying for reservations under SC/ ST and category-I have to produce income certificates issued by the respective tahsildars, during the verification, if they apply for certain exemption of fees.
- Certificates for students who are qualified for getting exemption from seven years of study in the state of Karnataka.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness.
Guidelines for completing the online application form
The procedure for filling out the application form is available on the college website. Kindly follow the steps to complete your application form.
Kindly fill out the application form keeping in mind the category code to which you belong, available in the table below:
Aditya Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore takes care of students who are studying in the college during the duration of the course. The facilities which are available on campus are:
State-of-the-art Labs at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The college has got an excellent infrastructure with well-equipped, modern, and state of art lab facilities. The labs are:
- Nursing lab with Medical-Surgical Nursing.
- Biochemistry and Physiology Lab.
- Anatomy Lab.
- Lab for Community Health Nursing.
- OBG Lab.
- Lab for Paediatric Nursing.
- Lab for Psychology.
- Nutrition lab
- Audio Visual Lab.
- Computer Lab.
Hostel Facility at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Aditya College has got hostel accommodation available for students who are on campus during the duration of their study. There are separate hostels for the boys and girls. All the rooms in the hostel are comfortable and well equipped with the facilities needed to study.
There is a lounge for the visitors who come to visit the students in the hostel. The hostel also has a study hall and prayer hall.
Recreation Facility at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The college hostel has got recreation facilities such as an indoor games area, magazine reading, and Television viewing place.
Hostel Mess at Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There is a hostel mess that is hygienic and well maintained by the college, which is located just adjacent to the hostel. Students can have the food in the dining hall which caters to all the students living on campus.
The seminar hall within the campus is well equipped with facilities like LCD, OHP projectors, screens, and whiteboards for lectures.
Aditya College of Physiotherapy has got a vast library with around three thousand three-fifty books. There is a separate reading space available for faculties and students. It has got access to journals, thesis, and research projects which are available both online and offline. The college has a subscription with HELINET for providing students access to international as well as Indian journals.
The college has a modern and well-equipped auditorium which has got seating arrangement for around a thousand people. It serves as the venue for various conferences, workshops, and seminars.
Training for Internship
Training for the internship is arranged by the college which is the requisites of the course. The students are given internships at K.C.General Hospital and Nava Chetan Hospital in Bangalore.
The students get hands-on clinical experience by the postings in various specializations such as
- Department of Medicine and Surgery.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Department of Pediatrics.
- Department of Ophthalmology.
- Department of Psychiatry and so on.
Sports and Games Facility
The institution arranges sports and recreation activities through its Department of Physical Education. There are various kinds of sports available such as Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Handball, Badminton and Lawn Tennis. Indoor games like Chess, Carom and Table Tennis are also available for the students.
The college has a transport department that looks into the transportation facilities for the faculties, staff, and students. They ensure safe and hassle-free commutation. It operates deluxe buses on five different routes for students at a very nominal cost.
Departments and Research
Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore gives a lot of importance to research. The students are mentored by the faculties to write research papers for national and international journals. This is done to improve their knowledge and also incline them towards recent developments in the healthcare sector.
Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Placements
The institution has got placement cell that conducts campus interviews for the various companies on campus. The campus placement activities start around the month of June or July every year, after the completion of the course. The companies recruiting are
- Apollo Hospitals.
- Fortis Hospitals.
- Columbia Asia.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals and many more.
Once you have completed your Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT), there will be lots of career opportunities available for you, some of them are:
- Personal Physiotherapists.
- Personal trainers.
- Health experts.
- Yoga and wellness coaches.
- Dance movement Therapists.
- Consultants and many more.
How to reach Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
Aditya College is located in the beautiful garden city of India, Bangalore. It is at a place called Yelahanka which is well connected with various means of transportation such as buses, trains, and public transport.
The different routes which you can take to reach the college are:
- The route is via NH-75 and the Outer Ring Road-The distance to the college is about 26.9 km which can take around forty-nine minutes.
- The route is via Bellary Road and Outer Ring Road-The distance to the college is about 29.2 km which takes around fifty-four minutes.
- The route via Outer Ring Road-The distance to the college is about 27.8 km which takes around one hour and two minutes.
I have taken lots of effort and time in gathering information about Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. I talked to the students and the faculties about the college. Along with their resources, I have also done research online. The institute is known to be good in its academics and placements. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
If you have questions regarding admissions, courses, placements, etc, please leave a message in the comment box, and surely I will get back at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are BPTs called doctors?
2. Is BPT Course as tough as MBBS?
Every course is tough at each and every level. When you join the course, you think physiotherapy is all about exercise. At the end of the first year, when you start learning more about the course, it becomes tough and more challenging.
3. Is BPT tough for an average student?
No, any course will not be tough if you work hard to learn something new. Before going for the course, do thorough research on the course and curriculum? Observe or shadow someone who is working in the same field. See if your interests are aligning with the given profession. These are a few tips for doing hard work.
4. If you are not selected for an MBBS, is BPT a good option?
Yes, BPT is a growing field and the demand is increasing day by day. BPT has the same subjects as MBBS like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and so on. It will feel like doing MBBS. When you are studying at the topmost college, then BPT is a very good option to go for.
5. Is physiotherapy a good career option? How much does a physiotherapist earn in India?
Yes, physiotherapy is a good career option. It is a respected profession and you can work in public, private as well as open your own clinic. It is a growing field in India. BPT can earn around ten thousand to twenty thousand. MPT can earn from around twenty thousand to thirty thousand rupees.
6. Which is the best after a bachelor of physiotherapy?
There are many options which you can go for after completing your bachelor of physiotherapy. You can pursue a Master’s in Physiotherapy in the field of your liking. The fields can be Sports, Obs, Gynae, Musculo Skeletal. Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Hand and foot rehabilitation, Cardiopulmonary. Neurology etc.
7. Which course is better for earning, BPT or BAMS?
Both of them are different fields, BAMS deals with ayurvedic medicine, after that you can get jobs in government hospitals, private ayurvedic medicine companies, and spas and can also run a private clinic. When you do your BPT, you can get a job in private and government hospitals. In recent times, Physiotherapy is a growing field and there is an increase in demand and in job prospects. Both BPT and BAMS, have equal scope and earnings depending on your ability.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case you are a student or alumni of Aditya College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.