Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is among the iconic institutions imparting homeopathic education in the State of Maharashtra. Students and Faculty Members are well-versed in the spiritual, ethical as well as academic fields. It is well known for producing the best healthcare professionals in the healthcare stream. In my article, I will share more information about college, courses offered, fee structure, placements, rankings, etc.
Table of Contents
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Overview
Ahmednagar Homeopathy Shikshan Sanstha founded the institution in the year 1989. The College is affiliated with MUHS, Nasik. Courses are approved and recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi, as well as by the Ministry of AYUSH. It offers undergraduate-level Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. The student intake for the BHMS Course is 100 seats.
|Name||Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital|
|Address||Savedi Road, Ahmednagar 414003 Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik|
|Approved by||Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi|
|Recognized by||Ministry of AYUSH|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
The Vision of the Institution is:
- To become a center of academic excellence in the field of homeopathic medicine.
- To provide patients with affordable treatments to benefit the individual, group, and society.
- To follow ethical standards and ethics as per the guidelines of the University.
The mission of the College is to create and develop a roadmap, which serves the purpose of guiding and visualizing the goals set by the institution. To nurture, guide, and develop the forthcoming naturopaths with high moral values and ethics.
Why study at Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is one of the best homeopathy colleges in Maharashtra. It aims to impart quality education and create awareness in the field of homeopathic medicine. A few reasons to study here are:
- The College has an attached 25-bed hospital with facilities such as Operation Theatre, Labour Room, Pathology Lab, ECG, Yoga, and Physiotherapy.
- Faculty Members are extremely knowledgeable, helpful, experienced as well as qualified in their areas of specialization.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities provided to students on campus, such as Hostels, Canteen, Gym, Sports Facilities, Free Consultation, Ambulance, Library, Computer Lab, Study Tour, and Field Visit.
- It runs 5 peripheral OPD units in and around the city.
- The College is running an NSS Unit under the approval of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik.
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Admission
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Course Admissions Procedure for the BHMS Course is:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: Download the application form.
- Step 3: Fill up the form with your personal details.
- Step 4: Once you have completed filling out the form, pay the fees in the Admissions Department.
- Step 5: Keep a copy for reference in the future.
Eligibility Criteria for BHMS
In order to get admission to the BHMS Course, you must fulfill the given eligibility criteria:
- Candidates should have completed 12th Class or any other equivalent 12th Science examination.
- He/She should have studied Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and English as the main subjects.
- The combined aggregate score must be at least 50% for Category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC Category.
- The minimum age for getting admission to BHMS is 17 years.
- Must have passed the NEET examination of the current year.
Documents Required for BHMS
You must bring these documents along with the application form during the counseling process:
- NEET Admit Card and Scorecard.
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Aadhar Card.
- Recent photos.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College Courses Offered
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital offers undergraduate-level Bachelor’s of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery BHMS. The annual intake for the course is 100 seats per year.
Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
BHMS, or Bachelor’s of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery, is a program that covers a duration of 5 and half years. It includes 4 and a half years of academics, followed by 1 year of compulsory internships. In the course, students learn in-depth about homeopathy and surgery subjects. The internship provides clinical hands-on experience in the healthcare sector.
BHMS Course Structure
The College imparts theoretical as well as practical knowledge in the homeopathic medicine field. Students need to do an internship for around one year after completing the fourth year. Some of the subjects which are covered in the BHMS Course are:
- Human Anatomy, Histology and Embryology.
- Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
- Organon of Medicine.
- Homeopathic Materia Medica.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Pathology, Microbiology and Parasitology.
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- Homeopathic Therapeutics, and so on.
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fee Structure
BHMS Course Fees
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fees Structure for the BHMS Course is as follows:
|Particulars||Open Quota/Reserved Quota||Institutional Quota|
|Admission Fees||INR 1500/-||INR 1500/-|
|Tuition Fees||INR 1,04, 325/-||INR 3,12,975/-|
|Development Fees||INR 10,425/-||INR 31,275/-|
|Eligibility Fee||INR 6,300/-||INR 18,850/-|
|Caution Deposit||INR 30,000/-||INR 30,000/-|
|MUHS Krida Prorata||INR 620/-||INR 620/-|
|Total Fees||INR 1,53,170/-||INR 3,95,220/-|
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital Fees for the Hostel are given below:
|Hostel Fees||INR 28,800/-|
|Mess Charges||INR 28,800/-|
|Hostel Deposit(Refundable)||INR 10,000/-|
|Total Hostel Fees||INR 67,600/-|
- Scholarships are awarded to students from the Government of Maharashtra.
- The fees should only be paid through the Demand Draft of a Nationalised Bank.
Placements and Scope
Where will I get my placement? How much salary package will be offered for BHMS Graduates? These are some of the questions that arise in young medical aspirants’ minds. The College looks after the placements and internships of all the students. The Placement committee comprises Faculty Members along with Student Representatives. It makes a database of the students and matches it to the openings of the organizations.
Various Career Enhancement Sessions are conducted within the campus. They are groomed through conferences, seminars, guest lectures, workshops, and mock interviews. Companies conduct campus interviews, and students are offered lucrative salary packages.
Job Profiles after BHMS
In the past few years, there has been an increase in demand for qualified and experienced homeopathic professionals in the country as well as abroad. The salary packages are based on the years of experience in the field. Some of the job profiles offered to BHMS Graduates are:
- Public Health Specialist.
- Private Practitioner.
- Manager and many more.
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical Hospital is situated within the campus premises. The 25-bed healthcare facility has OPD and IPD Departments. There are specialist doctors who look after the healthcare needs of people living in the surrounding areas. Fees are charged at reasonable rates from the patients.
Rankings and Affiliations
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is among the top homeopathic institutions in the country. The Institution comes under Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nasik.
The BHMS Course is approved and recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH as well as by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi. Students get placements in top healthcare organizations with lucrative salary packages.
On Campus Facilities Offered
The Institution is located at Savedi Road in Ahmednagar, in the state of Maharashtra. Ahmednagar city is a relatively small place in the Ahmednagar District. It is well connected to other cities like Pune, Mumbai and Aurangabad. The College provides a safe environment for the BHMS Students while they are residing in the hostel premises.
Some of the facilities offered on the campus are:
Girls and Boys have separate hostel buildings on the campus premises. The boys hostel can accommodate 36 students, and girls students can accommodate around 108 students. Each of these hostels has an individual mess that provides vegetarian and nonvegetarian food options. The rooms are spacious, airy and well-furnished.
The library at Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is the knowledge center of any institution. It has a vast collection of around 2430 Textbooks, 4922 Reference Books, 17 Journals, and 9 Newspapers. The reading room can accommodate 100 students. There is internet and wi-fi available in the library.
Apart from the facilities mentioned, the college offers other facilities within the campus:
- Cultural Activities.
- Staff Quarters for Non-Teaching Faculties.
- Gym Facility for Faculty and Students.
- Free Consultation.
- Ambulance Facility.
- Computer Lab.
- Study Tour.
- Field Visit.
College Contact Details
- Address: Savedi Road, Ahmednagar 414003 Maharashtra.
- Distance From:
- Distance from Ahmednagar Railway Station: 7.9 km.
- Distance from Ahmednagar Airport: 77.4 km.
- Distance from Ahmednagar Bus Stop: 3.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the BHMS Cut off for Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital BHMS Cut off for General Category is 50 percentile and SC/ST Category is 40 percentile.
2. When was Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital established?
Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital was established in 1989.
3. Which course is offered by the college?
The College offers undergraduate Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
4. What is the student intake for the BHMS Course?
The student intake for the BHMS Course is 100 seats.
5. Can I get admission to BHMS without NEET?
No, you cannot get admission to BHMS without NEET.
6. How much is the BHMS Course Fees at Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital?
BHMS Course Fees at Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital is INR 3,95,220/- for institutional quota.
7. Does the Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, Ahmednagar Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital provides hostel accommodation.
8. What is the duration of the BHMS Course?
BHMS is a full time course for a duration of 5 and half years, which includes 4 and half years of academics followed by 1 year of internship.
A small ask
If you are alumni or a student currently pursuing a course, please share your views and opinions about the institution. Let us know what you like and dislike about the college. Your review and feedback can begin the career journey of a future homeopathy doctor. Thanks for your time and review!