Choosing career as a physiotherapist in India is one of the best options in today’s healthcare industry. This industry is growing by leaps and bounds and is in much demand today. The very first professional ladder is to pursue a degree in BPT from a recognized college. Now, you must have been pondering which college to choose.
So, if you are a physiotherapist aspirant, then you must read this post completely. Here I have tried to put light on some of the key aspects of one the most promising and an upcoming physiotherapy colleges in Bangalore i.e., Akash Institute of Physiotherapy. Read further to understand in details about the admission process, courses offered, fee structure, placements, facilities, ranking etc.
The Akash group of institutions is located on the Prasanna Halli Road which is in Devanahalli near the Kempe Gowda International Airport.
Table of Contents
- Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Courses
- Eligibility Criteria for BPT Course
- Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Admissions
- Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
- Documents Required
- Facilities Available on Campus
- Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Placements
- How to Reach College?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy was established in 2019 by the Akash Education Trust which came into existence in 2014. The trust has been created and managed by the Akash Group of Institutions. It is a coeducational institution that is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences Institute (RGUHS) as well as by the Karnataka Government.
The Principal of the college is Dr Shivaprakashan N. C and Dr Kailash. N is the Medical Superintendent and Professor of ENT. There is a team of highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculties who take a keen interest in imparting knowledge and skills, for becoming healthcare professionals in the healthcare industry. Some of the esteemed faculties are:
- Professor and HOD – Dr Sunil Kumar D. R (Department of Community Medicine).
- Associate Professor – Dr Guru raj M. S (Department of Community Medicine).
- Professor and HOD – Dr Ravi Shankar S. N (Department of General Medicine).
- Associate Professor – Dr Sadananda C. D (Department of General Medicine).
- Professor and HOD – Dr Shivaprakash N. C (Department of Pediatrics).
- Professor – Dr Jagannath (Department of Pediatrics).
- Professor and HOD – Dr Muralidhar (Department of Orthopedics).
- Professor – Dr B S Vijayakumar (Department of Orthopedics).
- Professor and HOD – Dr H R Surendra (Department of Ophthalmology).
- Professor – Dr C. N. Gupta (Department of Ophthalmology) and many more.
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Courses
The Akash College offers a graduate-level course, which is the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). It has got a student intake of forty for the given course.
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) is a four-year course along with an internship of six months. It is during the course time you will be able to gain knowledge about how physiotherapy has gained relevance in the healthcare field. It uses different techniques of treatment such as therapy using exercises, manual therapy, and electrotherapy for providing remedies to impairment to help in improving mobility and functioning of the body.
Physiotherapy helps in improving the lives of the patient through examination, diagnosis, and physical intervention by educating the patient. Apart from these clinical activities, there are other activities included such as doing research, consultation, and administration-related work. It is provided as the main type of treatment or subsequent to any other related treatments.
The course includes subjects such as Human Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Biomechanics, etc.
Department & Research
Research is an integral part of academic development and improving the knowledge and understanding of the subjects. The highly qualified faculty members help in mentoring and inclining them towards research and development. There are a lot of research papers published by the students during the course duration.
Eligibility Criteria for BPT Course
If you are looking to get admission into the BPT course, then you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Candidates must have passed the II PUC/ 12th class with subjects like English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with an aggregate of forty-five percent for the general category from a recognized board.
- The aggregate is forty percent for OBC/ SC/ ST category. Or,
- Candidates must have passed any other examination conducted by any other boards or councils or any other Intermediate examination which has been established by the Central or State Government or has been recognized as equivalent to any pre-university examination.
Students who are applying for a Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy course must have completed seventeen years of age as of December 31st on the year of admission. Before applying for the course, you need to submit a medical fitness certificate to the Principal of the college, which is duly authorized by the Government Medical Officer, stating that you are physically fit to go through the course.
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Admissions
For getting admission into the Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore you can apply through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) counseling for the merit seats.
Students who are looking to apply for the Management/ NRI Quota need to apply through the following procedure:
- First, you need to click on the ‘Apply Now’ to get the Application form.
- After getting the form, you need to fill in the correct details mentioned on it.
- Lastly, you have to submit the completed form.
- Students who will get shortlisted will be called for the selection process.
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore charges fees according to the channels of admission. The fee structure of the various categories of students are:
|Sl. No.||Student Quota||Fees|
|1.||Management Quota||Rs 7,40,000 (including food and hostel fees)|
|2.||NRI student Quota||Rs 10,90,000 (including food and hostel fees)|
Apart from this, there are other fees such as clinical fees, Registration of university fees, and examination fees.
When you are planning to get admission to the Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore the following necessary documents would be required at the time of admission procedure:
- One set of original documents along with one set of attested copies during the time of verification of documents.
- Printout of the online application form.
- Receipt of fee payment.
- Mark sheet of 12th standard/II PUC.
- Certificate of Study which should be signed by the concerned BEO. CISCE candidates should produce the study certificate from the principal of the respective school.
- Kannada Medium Study Certificate, for students claiming reservation under the Kannada Medium.
- Rural Study certificate signed by the BEO during verification. Certificate of Caste/Income of Caste Certificate/Certificate of Income has to be obtained by the respective Tahsildar.
- Students claiming reservations under the Hyderabad Karnataka region have to produce a certificate that is present in Annexure -1 during the verification of documents.
- For students claiming reservation under the Government seats based on their domicile/study/employment of parent, they need to produce a certificate of parents study/parent domicile certificate/employment of parent’s certificate/marks card of the parents, etc.
- Students who are claiming eligibility for caste, category, and income benefits only if he/she has a claim in the online application form. For SC/ST and Category-I reservation categories, students should produce a certificate of income signed by the Tahsildar, for claim exemption in the fees.
- Relevant documents are required for claiming an exemption for seven years of study in the state of Karnataka.
- Certificate of physical fitness
The application fees for different categories are:
- For students belonging to General and OBC is Rs 1000 (SC, ST).
- For students belonging to Category-I and PWD (Person with Disabilities) is Rs 500.
Guidelines for filling up the online application form
When you are filling out the online application form, please follow the instructions mentioned on the website. Fill out the application carefully and get the printout of the same, during the verification of documents.
Facilities Available on Campus
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is spread across a very vast area of land. It is built architecturally with modernized campus spaces. It has got top-class infrastructure facilities which help in education, promoting as well as providing a safe and secure environment for the students and faculties residing there.
The facilities are:
The library has got more than ten thousand books. It has got a wide variety of books like para clinical, clinical, and postgraduate books. There are book reading corners for students. The E-Library provides e-journals in various disciplines which help in research and enhance learning. It includes books, e-books, WHO publications, and other resources.
The college provides emphasis with the skill-based learning provided by the highly qualified and experienced faculty. The clinical skill labs give hands-on experience, in order to practice the clinical skills in a safe and secure environment.
The auditorium is a modern, well-equipped facility, which has got seating capacity of around two thousand people. It is the venue for conferences, seminars, clubs, and cultural activities.
Sports and Recreation Facility
Sports and Recreational activities are important for the overall personality development of the students. The outdoor games facilities are athletics, football, cricket, basketball, badminton and indoor games like chess, carom, table tennis, etc.
There is a gymnasium for both students and staff. The campus has also got cardio and physical fitness equipment.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls who are pursuing the course on campus. The Institution has got modernized hostels with round-the-clock security as well as modern surroundings.
It has a mess facility that provides hygienic food through a buffet system.
The Akash Group of institutes provides transport facilities to faculties and students, who are coming to campus from various parts of Bangalore. The buses go to and fro, from campus to Devanhalli town, for making it convenient for the public.
There are ambulance services available in the Emergency Department.
The college has got a temple of Lord Hanuman which is located at the entrance of campus. It is a place that provides spiritual well-being to faculties and students. Many festivals are celebrated in the vicinity of the temple.
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Placements
Akash College provides placement facilities to students. They have a placement cell that provides the soft skills required for getting through campus interviews. The students are also trained in the various practical and clinical skills of medicine and physio practices. The students are also trained on resume building besides pre-placement training.
The college also provides internship opportunities to the students. Besides, the students can also opt to take their internship from organizations of their choice. Students are also provided with industrial visits which provide them with an in-depth understanding of real-time working practices.
Students are recruited across top companies like Abbott, Apollo Hospitals, Max Healthcare, SAI etc. The minimum average salary package for a BPT graduate is around INR 3-4 LPA which is bound to increase with more experience in the field. Besides, students can also choose to go for higher studies like MPT or PhD, if they are interested in research.
How to Reach College?
The Akash Institute of Physiotherapy is located on the Prasanna Halli main road, which is near the Kempegowda International Airport.
There are three routes for reaching the college:
- Via SH-104-It takes thirty-nine minutes for a distance of around 24.6 km.
- Via SH-104 and NH648-It take fifty-six minutes for a distance of around 30.0 km.
- Via NH648-It takes one hour for a distance of around 32.7 km.
Akash Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore provides excellent infrastructure facilities along with experienced and qualified faculties, who mentor and guide the students throughout the duration of the course. I have gathered information about the college using both online and offline resources. If you want to know more or you have queries, leave a message for me in the comment box below and I will revert back ASAP. Please visit: http://www.rguhs.ac.in/, to Know more about admissions, course details, and placements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the duration of the course Bachelor in Physiotherapy?
The duration of the Bachelor in Physiotherapy is four and half years which includes six months of internship.
2. What are the documents required to submit while taking admission to Bachelor of Physiotherapy?
The documents required to be submitted while taking admission in Bachelor of Physiotherapy are: 12th standard/II PUC Certificate Board of Secondary exam certificate School leaving or transfer certificate Aadhar Card Passport size photos
3. What is the average fee for the course Bachelor in Physiotherapy?
The average fees for the course Bachelor in Physiotherapy range from Rs 20,000 to Rs 2, 00,000 yearly.
4. What is the average salary for someone who has completed a Bachelor of Physiotherapy?
The average salary for someone who has completed a Bachelor of Physiotherapy is around Rs 3.5 lakhs to Rs 5 lakhs. This can increase according to the experience you have.
5. What can you do after completing a Bachelor of Physiotherapy?
The available options after completing your Bachelor of Physiotherapy are: Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT). Masters of Physiotherapy (Neurology). Masters of Physiotherapy (Sports Physiotherapy). Sc. in Physiotherapy. M.D in Physiotherapy. Ph.D. in Physiotherapy.
6. Is NEET required for BPT?
If you have got 50 and above marks in the 12th standard Biology Science group, you can go for Physiotherapy. NEET is not required for getting admission into the BPT course.
7. How to get admission to BPT?
You can get admission into BPT by directly following up with the college, unlike MBBS where you have to write the NEET examination. For MBBS and BPT, colleges conduct their own tests. The colleges where you are looking for admission will have their admission criteria.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of Akash Institute of Physiotherapy, please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.