Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy can lead your career to greater prospects. This industry is growing by leaps and bounds in the contemporary healthcare sector. There is a huge demand for physiotherapist professionals in India. Physiotherapy is not all about massage and exercises, as there are disease cases like arthritis, vertigo etc. which fall under physiotherapy.
So! If you are looking for a good physiotherapy college to pursue a degree in BPT, then this post is for you only. MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is one of the best BPT colleges in Bangalore. This college comes under one of the most reputed congregations of MVM trust. Read further to know more about the admission process, fee details, placement, facilities etc.
Table of Contents
- MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Academic Eligibility
- Documents required
- MVM College of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
- Placements at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Admission Process 2022-23
- Campus Life at MVM College of Physiotherapy
- MVM College of Physiotherapy Departments
- Frequently Asked Questions
MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
MVM Group of Institutions is among the well-known institutions in the city of Bangalore. The visionaries who with their enduring efforts formed the group of institutions are Sri M. V. Muniraj who is the Chairman of the MVM Educational Trust, Shri Mukesh Surana Director of MVM Group of Institutions, and Shri Ravi Chanda Director of MVM Group of Institutions. All the colleges are looked after by the MVM Educational Trust by Smt. Shantha Venkatesh is the founder and member of the MVM Educational Trust.
It is offering courses for various streams. MVM College of Nursing was established in the year of 2004. After which, the College of Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Allied Health Sciences, Nephropathy, and Yogic Science was started. All the courses offered are affiliated with RGUHS. The colleges which come under the MVM Group are:
- MVM College of Pharmacy.
- MVM College of Physiotherapy.
- MVM College of Allied Health Sciences.
- MVM College of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management.
- MVM College of Speech and Hearing.
MVM College of Physiotherapy is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. It is also recognized by the Karnataka Government. The location of the college is at No.1336/72/2, Behind Trident Hyundai Showroom, Vikas Layout, Palanahalli, Maruthi Nagar, Yelahanka, Bangalore 560064 Karnataka.
Courses offered at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers a Bachelor’s of Physiotherapy course at the graduate level. It is a full-time course for a duration of four years and six months. It includes compulsory six months of clinical internship. Physiotherapy is a rehabilitative course that deals with physical movements, and the prevention of diseases and also helps in preventing disability.
Purpose of Physiotherapy
The main purposes for which physiotherapy is practised are:
- Helps in relieving and treating pains.
- Maintain and increase the strength of the muscles.
- Correction of the postures.
- Maintain and improve the functioning of joints.
- Re-educate the muscles.
- Healing of wounds and ulcers.
- Help in facilitating motor functioning.
- Increasing the general capacity of the functioning of the body.
- Maintain and improve the coordination of the body.
- Advice on physical work.
- Suggesting the general health of the body.
- Help in preventing contracture and deformities.
Scope after completing Bachelor of Physiotherapy
In today’s technologically advanced modernized world, there is a vast growing scope of opportunities that are available for BPT graduates within India as well as throughout the world. The main scope which you will have after completing BPT are:
- After completing Bachelor in Physiotherapy, numerous avenues will open for the undergraduates who become eligible for a Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) in India and in other countries such as Australia, the UK, and New Zealand. They are also eligible for a Doctorate in Physiotherapy in India, the USA, and many other countries. They can also pursue higher studies in M.Sc. Anatomy, Physiology, Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Sciences, Hospital Administration, and so on.
- There is a tremendous amount of job prospects in India through contact practice and referral practice. Lots of investment is needed for setting up a private physiotherapy clinic.
- It has become an integral part of every hospital. The full-fledged department of physiotherapy is opening lots of job opportunities in clinical and academics.
- Physiotherapists nowadays give customized fitness programs according to the requirement.
- The courses which are conducted by the colleges are recognized by the various international credit rating agencies, which makes physiotherapists in India equally competitive with academics worldwide. There are openings for therapists from India in developed countries like the USA, UK, Ireland, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries in the Middle East.
BPT is a graduate-level course for a time duration of four years and six months. You can get admissions, once the eligibility criteria are satisfied. The academic eligibility for BPT courses are:
- Must pass 12th Standard/ 10 +2 examination in Science, which is conducted by the respective State or Central Government authorities in which English is one of the subjects which is compulsory and other subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) or Biology (PCB or PCMB).
- The aggregate mark for the General category is forty-five percent.
- For SC/ST/OBC (3a) category, the aggregate score is forty percent.
- The minimum age of the students must be seventeen years of age as of 31st December of the year of getting admissions.
- Must produce a Certificate of Physical Fitness from a Government Authorized Medical Officer.
During the time of the admission process, it is helpful to keep around four to five photocopies of the original documents. Keep them ready beforehand, so that the admission process goes smoothly. The documents required for BPT admission are:
- 10th Standard Mark sheet.
- 10th Standard Passing Certificate.
- 12th Standard Mark sheet.
- 12th Standard Passing Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Aadhar Card.
- Identification Proof.
- Recent photographs.
MVM College of Physiotherapy Fees Structure
|2nd – 4th Year
|INR 60,000/- per year
Placements at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has a full-fledged placement cell that looks after placement activities such as:
- Pre-placement training activities such as writing resumes and facing interviews.
- Arranging Medical Guest Lectures.
- Organizing Industrial Visits to other hospitals and medical institutions.
- Personality Development of the students by providing need-based training for improving knowledge in the medical field.
- Providing opportunities for summer internships for students in the healthcare sector.
The placement cell was started in the year 2001 for benefiting the students to help in choosing career paths for a good future. The students get placed in top private hospitals and medical research institutes.
Admission Process 2022-23
The admission procedure for the courses available at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is available on the website. Please follow the steps to complete the admission procedure:
- Select the desired branch and press Apply Now.
- Fill up the application forms correctly (Requires Google Id Login and Google Forms).
- Confirm the application details and submit the Application Form.
- You will be getting a confirmation mail from the college.
You can also call me or write to me. I will help you through the whole admission process.
Campus Life at MVM College of Physiotherapy
MVM Group of Institutions has got a beautiful campus located at Yelahanka. It is known to provide excellent infrastructure facilities for the students. The facilities on campus are:
The girl’s hostel staff is welcoming and friendly. They keep the premises neat, clean and tidy. Due to the convenient location, it has got proximity to restaurants, medical shops, hospitals, buses, and auto stands. Food is served to them according to their requirement. It is made with care and quality. Apart from it, there is a free Wi-Fi facility and a landline connection for emergencies.
MVM hostel rooms are comfortably furnished, in order to make them feel at home away from home. Girls’ and boys’ hostels have separate blocks with a fixed amount of capacity. The hostels can accommodate more than four hundred students. The cleanliness and hygiene are of the highest standards. Mess facilities are available to the hostilities keeping in mind their health and nutrition.
The college believes in protecting the interests of the students. Every possible measure is taken to ensure that the students have access to a learning environment that is safe and secure.
The library is the knowledge hub at the MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. It houses a large collection of textbooks, reference books, CDs, periodicals, journals, and e-books. The digital library looks after the needs of the faculty members, students, and research fellows to access e-books, notes, and online tutorials round the clock. There is a dedicated language lab according to the norms of AICTE. The lab has twenty computers with online courses through the SWAYAM portal.
The canteen at MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has different kinds of cuisines for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Snacks are also provided during the breaks during the lectures.
MVM Finishing School gives its students a structured and practical program to increase the industry readiness and productivity, bridge the gap between the education fields, and increase the pool of industry-ready students who are available for recruitment.
Outdoor games facilities such as cricket, Football, basketball, throw ball, and table tennis are available in the college. Indoor games such as chess, carom, and table tennis are available in their hostels.
Cultural events such as Annual Day and Convocation are organized once a year on the campus. They are encouraged to participate in various inter-college. State and national level events.
Facilities on Campus:
MVM College of Physiotherapy Departments
MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got different departments for each of the subjects so that the students’ hands-on clinical experiences before working in hospitals. Various departments in the college are:
- Department of Musculoskeletal rehabilitation.
- Department of Neurological rehabilitation.
- Department of Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Department of Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Department of Pediatrics.
- Department of Community Based Rehabilitation.
- Department of Sports Rehabilitation.
- Department of Antenatal or postnatal.
It took me a lot of time and effort in gathering and collecting information about MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. Few of my friends studied there. I talked to them about their experiences at the college. The institution has got a good location, experienced faculties, and excellent infrastructure to study well. To know more, visit http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/.
If you find my post interesting, please do share it with your friends and family. More questions on your mind, write to me or call me. I will reply ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have not studied English since my 12th standard. I have studied PCB. Will I get admission to the BPT course?
If the student has not studied English as a subject but studied in the English medium, the pre-requisite condition of English medium can be waived off during the admission test.
2. What are the medical courses to go for after the 12th standard?
The medical courses to go for after the 12th standard are: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS). Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery (BAMS). Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS). Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS). Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS). Bachelor in Veterinary Science. Bachelor of Physiotherapy or BPT.
3. Is BPT Course better than Pharma?
Yes, BPT is much better than Pharma in terms of job scope and opportunities. If you become a physiotherapist, you will have a certificate of allied health services and you can use the prefix Dr.
4. Can I go abroad after completing my BPT?
Yes, you can go abroad after completing my BPT from India. You can complete your post-graduation or doctorate degree from universities abroad.
5. What is the future of physiotherapy in India?
Physiotherapy as a career is in increasing demand in India. There is an enormous number of opportunities available for physiotherapists in the healthcare field. Specializations are available in the fields of Geriatrics, Cardiorespiratory, Orthopedics, and Neurology.
6. Can physiotherapists perform surgery?
No, physiotherapists cannot perform surgery. Some physiotherapists can perform wound care and repair the tissues.
7. Is there a high demand for physiotherapy?
Yes, the demand for physiotherapy is increasing rapidly with new clinics opening on a weekly basis. There is massive growth and demand for physiotherapists within India and across the world.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of MVM College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.