Howdy, All! Hope you are doing really great.
Today in this post, I will be giving you an in-depth guide on direct admission to RV College of Engineering. If you don’t know what is direct admission, then you can read my post on direct admission in India.
RV College of Engineering in Bangalore is one of the most demanding engineering colleges in India. The college is among the top 5 engineering colleges in Bangalore and many students dream to study in RV college of engineering.
In this article, I will be covering all the doubts you are having about direct admission to RV College of engineering through management quota.
So let me start by giving you an idea about the college and its infrastructure, this will help you get a better view of the college. If you know everything about the college, then you can skip this part and read about the courses available at RV College of engineering.
Table of Contents
Founded Year: 1963.
Campus Area: 51 acres.
Accreditation: NAAC -A.
Ranking: 5 Star.
RV College of Engineering was founded in the year 1963. Yes, in 1963! It is one of the oldest private engineering colleges in Bangalore. Today the college offers 12 UG programs, 21 PG, and Doctoral programs.
The college is run by a non-profitable organization called RSST or Rashtriya Sikshana Samithi Trust, which was founded by Mr.Shivananda Sarma in the year 1940.
There are more than 1200 students who are studying in the college for both UG and PG programs.
The major departments in RVCE are:
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Information Science.
All these departments are running with the best faculties and staff who could guide the students in reaching a successful life.
As I told you earlier the college is spread in 51 acres of campus, with 95% of the classrooms which are technology-friendly.
The main facilities available in the college are:
- Food court.
- Outdoor and indoor sports.
- Transportation Facilities.
- In-campus health center.
- In-camps banks.
- In-campus Post-Office.
- High-speed internet facilities.
- Hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Seminar Halls.
Courses and Seat Matrix in RV College of Engineering
Let me separate the list of courses as under-graduate and post-graduate courses which are available in RVCE.
Undergraduate Courses available in RV College of Engineering are:
- Aerospace Engineering – 60.
- Mechanical Engineering –
- Computer Engineering – 180.
- Civil Engineering – 120.
- Information Science Engineering – 60.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering – 180.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering – 60.
- Biotechnology – 60.
- Industrial Engineering – 60.
- Chemical Engineering – 40.
Postgraduate courses available in RV College of Engineering are:
- MCA or Master of Computer Application -120 seats.
- MBT or Master in Biotechnology – 18 seats.
- MIT or Master in Information Technology – 18 seats.
- MSE or Masters in Software Engineering – 18 seats.
- Radiofrequency and microwave engineering – 18 seats.
- Digital communication -36 seats.
- Computer Network Engineering 18 seats.
- Computer Science Engineering – 18 seats.
- Communication Systems 18 seats.
- VLSI Design and Embedded Systems – 36 seats.
- Machine Design – 18 seats.
- Power Electronics – 18 seats.
- Computer Integrated Management 18 seats.
- Highway Technology – 18 seats.
- Product Design and Manufacturing – 36 seats.
- Structural Engineering – 18 seats.
Placements in RVCE
You don’t have to worry about placements when you RVCE. The college has the best placement facility and placement cell in Bangalore.
Here I will be sharing few statistics of the placements done in RV College of Engineering, Bangalore. I will be sharing the statistics of the past 3 years which will help you decide you must take direct admission to RV College of Engineering.
The total number of offers given in 2017 was 1194. Yes, it the statistics which are published by the college on their official website. The branch wise placement split is given below:
- Computer Science – 264.
- Electronics and Communication – 241.
- Mechanical – 117.
- Electrical and Electronics – 80.
- Information Science – 78.
- Telecommunication – 56.
- MCA – 51.
- Information technology – 58.
- Chemical Engineering – 52.
- Computer Engineering -33.
- Biotechnology -35.
The total number of offers given in the year 2018 is 1197 and in 2019 is 1452. The statistics show that the top departments are Computer Science Engineering and Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The maximum CTC in the year 2019 was 52 lakhs for the candidate. The average salary package made was Rs.9 lakhs yer annum. A total of 233 companies visited the college last year.
You can also check the branch-wise placements held in RV college of Engineering. I had mentioned it in percentage and not in numbers. 😀
- Computer science – 100%.
- Information Science – 100%.
- Electronics and Communication – 100%.
- Electrical and Electronics – 94%.
- Mechanical – 80%.
- Biotechnology – 79%.
- Civil – 76%.
- Telecommunication -74%.
- Chemical – 66%.
- Industrial – 64%.
Few of the major companies are:
- Reliance Jio Infocom Ltd.
- Zuari Cement Ltd.
- Dell India Pvt Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited.
- Daikin Airconditioning.
- JSW Steel.
- Cyro Bank.
- VIACOM etc.
RV Engineering College in Bangalore is one of the best engineering colleges in Bangalore. The college is ranked 63 in the All India Engineering College Category. You can check the ranking of the college below.
Eligibility for Direct Admission RVCE
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age on or before December 31st of the year of taking admission.
- The candidate must attend KCET, COMEDK, or JEE or any other entrance exam for professional programs without fail.
- The candidate must have 60% in Maths and Physics separately.
- The candidate must have 65% in Maths and Physics separately in 11th
- In the 10th standard, the candidate must have 70% Science and Maths separately.
RV College of Engineering Admission Procedure
The candidate can contact us with all the required documents and we will organize it and apply it to the college. After the management approves your documents, we will make an appointment with the office.
During that time the candidate must take Demand Draft or Cash which must be paid during the admission. The candidate will receive the admission letter from the college and the candidate must be present on the day classes starts.
Can I take Admission During the COVID Lockdown?
Yes, you can take Direct admission to RV College of Engineering online. All the fee payments will be made to the college, through their official website. You don’t have to worry about it, we are there to help you out.
Fee Structure in RVCE
The fee structure for each branch is different. I will also be mentioning the extra fees and details here.
Aerospace/Electronics and Communication: The total fees for the course will be 25 lakhs in which the yearly fee will be Rs.5 lakhs and there be a non-refundable security deposit of Rs.5 lakhs.
Biotechnology/ETE/EIE: For these branches, the total fee will be Rs.15 lakhs. The yearly fee will be Rs.3 lakhs per year and there will be a non-refundable deposit of Rs.3 lakhs.
Information Science and Engineering: The total course fee will be 36 lakhs. The yearly tuition fee is Rs.7 lakhs and there will be a non-refundable deposit of Rs.8 lakhs.
Computer Science: The total course fee will be Rs.50 lakhs. The yearly fee will be Rs.10 lakhs and there will be a non-refundable deposit of Rs.10 lakhs.
Chemical Engineering: The total fee will be 17 lakhs. The yearly fees will be Rs.3 lakhs and there will be a non-refundable deposit of Rs.5 lakhs.
Industrial Engineering: The course fee is Rs.19 lakhs and the yearly tuition fees are Rs.3.5 lakhs. Apart from the tuition fees, there will be a non-refundable deposit of Rs.5 lakhs.
EEE: The total fees for EEE in RV college of Engineering is Rs.21 lakhs and the yearly fees are Rs.4 lakhs. The non-refundable deposit will be Rs.5 lakhs.
Mechanical Engineering: Rs.6 lakhs/year + Rs.4 Lakhs Non-refundable deposit.
Civil Engineering: Rs.4.5 lakhs/year +Rs.4 lakhs.
Apart from the tuition fees and non-refundable deposit, you will also have to pay some extra fees. The charges for hostel and food are not included in these fees.
Seat Allotment for RVCE
In this section, I will be giving you a complete idea about the percentage of seats that will before the management quota.
In every engineering college, only a few seats will be allotted through management quota. The other seats are given through entrance exams.
- Karnataka CET – 45% seats.
- COMEDK – 30%.
- Management quota – 25%.
Yes, only 25% of the seats in RV engineering colleges are given through management quota and direct admission. This is for the undergraduate programs.
For postgraduate programs, the seat allotment is given below.
- GATE – 80% seats.
- Management quota – 20% seats.
This is the reason why RV engineering college has international standards. Most of the engineering colleges in India sell their seats like pancakes. But RV college of engineering gives seats only to deserving students.
Don’t want to take direct admission in RVCE?
Then you can attend the entrance exams given below and join the college through the merit list. The list of entrance exams you must qualify to take direct admission in RV college of engineering is given below.
- Karnataka CET – only for Karnataka native students.
- COMEDK – for students out of Karnataka state.
- JEE – For all the students.
In this post, I had tried my best to include all the information regarding direct admission through management quota in RV engineering college.
If you liked this article, please do share it with your friends and people in need. If you are having any queries, you can comment below and I will try my best to revert back as soon as possible.
This post will be helpful for people who are looking for direct admission to RV engineering college Bangalore and other top engineering colleges in Bangalore.
We can also help you with: