What is Engineering? Let me explain. In simple words, it is a science of effectively converting natural resources to human uses. According to the definition given by the Engineering Council for Professional Development, it is the innovative application of scientific principles, so as to develop structures, machines, apparatus, and manufacturing processes used together in order to design under specific conditions. It is a very sought-after stream these days. Now, I am going to share details about RV College of Engineering Bangalore.
Table of Contents
- RV College of Engineering Overview
- RV College of Engineering Admission
- RV College of Engineering Courses Offered
- RV College of Engineering Fees Structure
- RV College of Engineering Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Recognitions
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
RV College of Engineering Overview
The College was started in the year 1963, under the Rashtriya Shikshana Samithi Trust. It is affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, and the courses are approved by the AICTE and NBA, New Delhi. The course includes 12 undergraduates. 16 postgraduate and doctoral programs. Its sprawling campus is spread around 16.83 acres, on Mysore road, in the city of Bangalore.
|Name||RV College of Engineering|
|Address||Vidyaniketan Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore 560059|
|Affiliated to||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|Approved by||AICTE, New Delhi|
|Accreditation||NBA, New Delhi, NAAC B+|
|Study Mode||Regular/Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
Vision of the college is to be a center of academic excellence in technical education, provide quality research and development as well as focus on advances in technological fields.
The mission of the institution are:
- To provide standard education to the students, based on experimental teaching methods and also excellent infrastructure facilities.
- It aims to nurture technology professionals through a conducive learning environment to learn, grow, and develop knowledge and integrity for the benefit of society.
- To create an atmosphere for research and development.
- Provide a center for collaboration between academicians and industry, in order to promote entrepreneurship and leadership skills.
- Focus on advanced technologies which are inclusive, sustainable, and beneficial to society.
Why study at RV College of Engineering?
RV College of Engineering Bangalore is among the top colleges for engineering courses in Karnataka. The institution attracts students from all over India and abroad. You must study here because:
- It is a very old college which began in 1963.
- The Institution is having NAAC B + Accreditation and is also having NBA accreditation.
- It offers world-class infrastructure facilities to the students who are coming to stay and study during the course duration.
- The faculties are highly qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable in the field of academics and research.
- Students get placements in top companies with lucrative salary packages.
RV College of Engineering Admission
The admission procedure for getting admission to BE course under the management quota in 2022-23 is as follows:
- You are required to get a letter of allotment from the Management Office of RSST.
- The student must report to the Industrial Engineering and the Department of Management at RVCE. Here, the verification of the documents and admission letter will be done by the college authorities.
- Once, the above procedure, is completed, you will have to pay the fees in the form of a Demand Draft, mentioning your name, mobile number, and the bank branch.
- After submission of the DD, you must complete your online application.
- Finally, you will receive an acknowledgment of the documents and the fee receipt.
- The same procedure is applicable for Admission through KEA Quota and the COMED-K Quota.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
Bachelor of Engineering or B.Tech is an undergraduate course for a duration of 4 years. The eligibility criteria for Admission to the B.Tech course:
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 70% in Science and Maths in the 10th Standard.
- He/She must obtain 65% in Physics and Maths, in the 11th Standard.
- If the results are declared in the 12th standard, then the students must score 60%, in Physics and Maths separately.
- Aspirants must appear for any of the examinations, KEA/COMED- K/IIT JEE MAINS.
- For applicants who have studied at other universities, must obtain an equivalence certificate from AIU, New Delhi.
Documents required for B.Tech Admission
You are required to submit the following documents at the time of Admission:
- Admission letter issued by the college.
- 10th Standard Marksheet.
- 12th Standard Marksheet.
- Scorecard of Entrance examination.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- For students who have passed PUC from other states, he/she must compulsorily submit the original transfer certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- Category/SC/ST certificate(if applicable).
- PAN Card of the parents.
- 3 sets of photocopies of the above documents.
- 2 passport-size and 1 stamp-size photo.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
M.Tech or Master of Technology is a post-graduate program for a duration of 2 years. You are required to become eligible for getting admission to the M.Tech course:
- He/She must have passed B.Tech or B Tech or any equivalent examination.
- Aspirants must obtain an aggregate score of 50% for the General Category and 45% for SC/ST students.
- Candidates must have appeared for either PGCET 2022 or have a scorecard for GATE 2022.
Documents required for M.Tech Admission
The following documents are required during M.Tech course Admission:
- Original admission letter issued by the management.
- 10th and 12th Standard Marksheets.
- Year Wise Mark Sheets of B.Tech or B Tech Degree.
- PDC/Degree Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Valid GATE scorecard.
- Photocopy of the Aadhar Card the student.
- Aadhar Card and PAN Card Copy of the parent.
- 3 sets of photocopies of the PGCET or GATE Scorecard.
- 3 sets of all the above documents.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
RV College of Engineering Courses Offered
RV College of Engineering Bangalore offers undergraduate B.Tech and postgraduate M.Tech programs.
B.Tech or Bachelor of Engineering is a UG course, which takes 4 years to complete. The course structure helps to develop technical skills in the field of engineering and technology. The Institution offers the following specializations in B.Tech:
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering : B.Tech Aerospace Engineering began in the year 2015. The number of students taken for the course is 60. It aims to develop knowledge in aerospace structural design, aerodynamics, propulsion, and control systems.
- B.Tech in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning : B.Tech Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning is a UG course for 4 years. Nowadays, Information Technology and Communication Technology have been transforming AI and ML capabilities. It aims to educate students about Big Data, the Internet of things, Cloud Computing, etc.
- B.Tech in Biotechnology : B.Tech Biotechnology was started in 2002. The intake for the course is 60 students. The program has got NAAC Accreditation from the year 2015. The department offers 2 postgraduate courses, M.Tech in Biotechnology and M.Tech in Bioinformatics.
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering : B.Tech Chemical Engineering began in 1982. The course intake is 40 students. Its main objective is to impart standard education in the basic and applied areas of Chemical Engineering.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering : B.Tech Civil Engineering is among the oldest streams in RV College of Engineering Bangalore. It started in 1963. The annual intake for the course is 120 students.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering : The Department started in 1984. It offers 3 UG courses, B.Tech(CSE), B.Tech(CSE- Data Science), and B.Tech(CSE Cyber Security), and 2 postgraduate courses M.Tech(CSE) and M.Tech(CNE). Two new programs which started in 2022-23 are B.Tech(CSE-Data Science) and B.Tech(CSE-Cyber Security).
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering : B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering is an undergraduate course that began in 1963. The number of students taken for the course is 60. During the course duration, students learn more about hardware and software design skills needed in the corporate world.
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering : B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering started in 1972. Student intake per year for the course is 180. The Department offers 1 undergraduate program, 2 postgraduate programs (M.Tech in Communication Systems and M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems) as well as a Ph.D. program, which is affiliated with VTU.
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering : The course was started in the year 1981 and the current intake per year is 60 students.The course comprises subjects like Signal and Image Processing, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, VLSI, Computer Communication Networks, and so on.
- B.Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management : B.Tech Industrial Engineering and Management began in 1980. The number of students taken for the course is 60. The students develop techno-managerial abilities, so as to become future engineers in service, manufacturing, and research organizations.
- B.Tech in Information Science and Engineering : The undergraduate B.Tech Information Science and Technology began in the year 2000. The number of students taken for the course is 60. The department also offers MTech in Software Engineering and Information Technology in 2016.
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering : The B.Tech Mechanical Engineering program was started in 1963. The current annual intake for the course is 120. The main objective of the course is to develop expertise in the areas of Thermal, Design, Materials, design, manufacturing, and manufacturing.
- B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering : The undergraduate B.Tech Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering course began in 1992. The number of students taken for the course is 60. The course curriculum looks into concepts and designs of software, hardware, embedded systems, and so on.
The expanded form of M.Tech is Master of Technology. It is a PG course for a duration of 2 years. You can pursue your M.Tech after completing the bachelor’s B.Tech or B Tech Degree. RV College of Engineering Bangalore offers M.Tech in the following streams:
- M.Tech in Structural Engineering
M.Tech Structural Engineering is a PG-level course for 2 years. It was started in 2006. The course is affiliated with VTU and accredited by NBA. The annual intake for the course is 18 students.
- M.Tech in Highway Technology
M.Tech Highway Technology was started in the year 2009. The number of students taken for the course is 18. The course aims to help enhance knowledge of the use of modern tools in designing highways.
- M.Tech in Product Design and Manufacturing
The PG program began in the year 2004. Student intake for the course is 36. The course provides in-depth knowledge of product design, product development, and manufacturing.
- M.Tech in Computer Integrated and Manufacturing
M.Tech Computer Integrated and Manufacturing is a PG program for 2 years duration. Its annual course intake is 18 students. Students learn more about computer-integrated manufacturing systems, which is done through automation in manufacturing, assembling as well as testing.
- M.Tech in Machine Design
The postgraduate M.Tech in Machine Design began in 2006. The annual intake for the course is 18 students. Its main objective is to develop the students by practicing the design of systems of engineering through knowledge of mechanical engineering skills.
- M.Tech in Power Electronics
M.Tech in Power Electronics is a PG-level course for a 2-year duration. The intake for the program is 18 students. The course curriculum has been designed in such a way as to pursue interdisciplinary research and development, industrial consultancy as well as entrepreneurial abilities.
- M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
The post-graduate level program is for a duration of 2 years. The number of students taken for the course is 36. The program covers four semesters. The curriculum includes managerial skills as well as applying the approaches in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems.
- M.Tech in Communication Systems
M.Tech Communication Systems is a PG Course for a duration of 2 years. The annual intake for the course is 18 students. The objective of the program is to give the students a deeper understanding of channel encoding, decoding, modulation, demodulation, and so on.
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
The program was started in 2004. The student intake capacity per year is 18. The main objective of the course is to analyze, evaluate and develop knowledge by applying the techniques of Engineering, Maths, and Computer Science.
- M.Tech in Computer Network Engineering
M.Tech Computer Network Engineering began in 2005. The intake of students per year is 18. The program covers subjects like Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks, Optical Networks, Cloud Computing, Advances in Computer Networks, etc.
- M.Tech in Digital Communication
It is a postgraduate level degree for a duration of 2 years. The number of students taken for the course is 18. The main objective of the course is to give a deep understanding of Digital Communication Engineering.
- M.Tech in Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering
The PG course was started in the year 2013 with an intake of 18 students. It aims to teach the students about the application of tools of engineering.
- M.Tech in Software Engineering
M.Tech Software Engineering began in the year 2006. The course intake is around 18 students. The program aims to create, design, and evaluate different software systems as per the requirement of the client.
- M.Tech in Information Technology
M.Tech Information Technology is a full-time PG Program for 2 years. The number of students taken for the course is 18. The course objective is to solve business-centered problems using information system solutions.
- M.Tech in Biotechnology
M.Tech Biotechnology is a post-graduate level course that started in 2011. The student intake for the course is 18 students. Course subjects include Genetic Engineering, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Bioprocess Engineering, and so on.
RV College of Engineering Fees Structure
The course fees for the various courses offered at RV College of Engineering Bangalore are:
B.Tech Course Fees
|B.Tech Course Specialisation||Fees/Year|
|Civil Engineering||5 LPA|
|Mechanical Engineering||6 LPA|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||5 LPA|
|Electronics and Communication||6 LPA|
|Industrial Engineering and Management||4 LPA|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||4 LPA|
|Chemical Engineering||4 LPA|
|Computer Science and Engineering||11 LPA|
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||4 LPA|
|Information Science and Engineering||9 LPA|
|Aerospace Engineering||5.5 LPA|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||9 LPA|
|Computer Science and Engineering (Data Security)||9 LPA|
|Computer Science and Engineering(Cyber Security)||9 LPA|
M.Tech Course Fees
The fees structure for the various specialisations in M.Tech course are:
|M.Tech Course Specialisation||Total Fees|
|Structural Engineering||10.20 LPA|
|Highway Technology||4.20 LPA|
|Product Design and Manufacturing||3.20 LPA|
|Machine Design||5.20 LPA|
|Power Electronics||3.20 LPA|
|VLSI and Embedded Systems||9.20 LPA|
|Communication Systems||3.20 LPA|
|Computer Science and Engineering||8.20 LPA|
|Digital Communication||1.20 LPA|
|Software Engineering||2.20 LPA|
|Information Technology||2.20 LPA|
Apart from the course fees, students have to pay for hostel fees and transport fees for the year.
|College Bus Fees||Rs 30,000/-|
|For Girls staying in the Krishna Garden Hostel||Rs 4,250/-|
Please review my detailed post about RV College of Engineering Management Quota Fees if you want more in-depth information.
RV College of Engineering Placements and Scope
The placement and training department at RV College of Engineering Bangalore was started in 1997. It looks after the placements and internships of undergraduate and postgraduate students in more than 200 companies that come to campus for placements. These organizations recruit engineers and technocrats as well as PGCET/CET pass-outs at various positions in the organizations.
It also grooms and develops the students by conducting training sessions so that they are ready for the industry. Training programs for skill development are:
- Soft skills training.
- Value-added activities like personality development programs, technology training sessions, and bridge courses required for the industry,
- Career guidance and higher education.
- Scholarships are offered to students on a merit and means basis. Around Rs 72,00,000 is given to 110 students.
Rankings and Recognitions
RV College of Engineering Bangalore is ranked among the top engineering colleges in Karnataka. It is ranked because of its world-class infrastructure, course structure, faculties as well as facilities offered on the campus. Students get placements in top organizations. They are offered handsome salary packages.
Bangalore is ranked among the top engineering colleges in Karnataka. The ranking of the college is good because of its world-class infrastructure facilities, course structure, highly qualified faculty members, and campus placements. Students are offered lucrative jobs in top organizations in the country. The top achievements of the institution are:
- The College was placed 2nd among the Technical Institutions in the World Bank-supported TEQIP, which was organized with the help of the Government of India.
- It is ranked as the No 1 self-financing engineering college in India, in the Survey conducted by Outlook Magazine in June 2013.
- It also has been ranked 1st in sports undeRVTU engineering colleges.
- The Institution is ranked 1st among the affordable engineering colleges in the country.
- Top sportspersons such as Mr. Anil Kumble, Mr. Chetan Babbur, and HAL Chairman Mr. Ashok Nayak are among the alumni of the institution.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The Campus of RV College of Engineering Bangalore is spread over 16.85 acres of land on Mysore Road in Bangalore It is around 13 km from the heart of the city. Its sprawling, lush, green campus is well connected through various means of transport. The college has specially designed facilities for even the physically challenged students. Life on the campus includes facilities like:
Separate buildings are allocated for girls’ and boys’ hostels. Wardens and the senior faculties are in charge of looking after the hostelites. The rooms are allotted on sharing basis. Students are required to follow the rules and regulations while residing in the hostels.
The College mess is spread over an area of around 500 square meters. It can look into the needs of more than 1000 students as well as faculty members. It has a modern kitchen where the food is prepared in a hygienic way. There is also a small canteen located on the other side of the campus.
Transport facility is available for both the faculty members and students. The College has located around 12 km from the city and also 20 km from the suburbs. There is a fleet of buses that pick up and drop off the students in different parts of the city.
College Contact Details
- Address: Vidyaniketan Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore 560059.
If you want to know more details about the college, fees structure, placements, etc, call us or drop us a message. We will get back to you ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which courses are offered by RV College of Engineering?
RV College of Engineering offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.Tech) and Master of Technology (M.Tech) courses.
2. How many specializations does the college has in the B.Tech Course?
The college has 13 specializations in the B.Tech Course.
3. Does the institution have NAAC Accreditation?
Yes, the institution has NAAC B + Accreditation.
4. How much is the course duration of the B.Tech Degree?
The course duration of B.Tech is 3 years, which comprises eight semesters.
5. Masters of Technology or M.Tech Program is given in how many streams?
M.Tech Program is given in 16 different streams.
6. Does the college arrange for placements?
Yes, the college arranges placements for all the students.
7. Which stream got the highest package in 2023?
The Information Science and Engineering stream got the highest package in 2023.
8. Are there separate hostels for girls and boys?
Yes, there are separate hostels for girls and boys.
A Small Ask
If you are an distinguished alumni or a student pursuing any course in the college, I would request you to do me a small favor. Kindly, spare some time to write a review about the institution. Your opinion will help in deciding the career of a future engineer. Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!