If you’re looking for a good college in academics, placements, and co-curricular activities, then one college that comes first in mind is the MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology. Located in the city’s heart, MS Ramaiah has all its boxes ticked for academics, facilities, placements, and so much more. And these fantastic features are not only recognized by renowned organizations, the college alumnus, and many others.
Intrigued! Aren’t you? But wait, this is just a glimpse, and I will give you the whole picture of MSRIT in this article. And once you have made up your mind, you can contact us for guidance on your Direct Admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore. With 13+ years of experience in educational consultancy, I am positive that you won’t be disappointed by the college and our services.
Table of Contents
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Overview
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Admission
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Courses Offered
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placements and Scope
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Facilities
- Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Overview
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, one of India’s most well-known institutions for engineering education, was established in 1962 by the late Dr. MS Ramaiah, a well-known industrialist, philanthropist, and visionary.
MSRIT is a member of the Gokula Education Foundation (GEF), a trust that oversees 29 other educational institutions that offer law, dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, pure sciences, and hotel management programs.
In 2007, MSRIT was awarded the esteemed Autonomous Status. The institute is affiliated with Visveswaraya Technological University, approved by AICTE, and accredited by NBA and NAAC with an ‘A+’ grade.
According to the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF), MHRD, Govt. of India, MSRIT has been ranked among the top 100 institutions in India for the past four years.
Why choose MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore for Engineering?
- 60+ years of experience in Education.
- Ideally situated in Bangalore’s city center, with great convenience and connection.
- 67th Rank for Engineering in India by NIRF Engineering 2022.
- No. 1 Engineering College in Karnataka under VTU by NIRF 2020.
- Secured 8th in All India Rank 2020 for ARIIA (Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements.
- Holds a prominent position as one of India’s best-known names in engineering degrees and has produced almost 35,000 engineers who now hold important positions worldwide.
- Industry-focused educational materials are needed to achieve good alignment with the shifting needs.
- Strong connections with top industry players.
- A placement rate of 95% is consistently attained.
- Proctorial system in place for advice and counseling on a personal and professional level practice of outcome-based education.
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Admission
Before getting you into the details of the admission at MSRIT, let me update you that the admissions have already started for all the courses in MS Ramaiah. So, hurry up and read the admission details of this college and enroll yourself in your desired course.
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore offers full-time undergraduate, postgraduate, and research courses in engineering and architecture. To enroll in any of these courses, you must qualify for competitive exams like KEA (CET), COMEDK, and KEA Diploma Quota, concerning your course choice.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of MSRIT Bangalore.
- Step 2: Download the UG/PG application form from the website under the “Admissions” tab.
- Step 3: Fill out the application form and submit it with the appropriate details.
- To pursue an undergraduate engineering degree at MSRIT, a candidate must have passed the 10 + 2 patterns of examination (equivalent to the two-year Pre University in Karnataka), with Physics and Mathematics as required subjects and Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science, and Electronics as optional subjects.
- The minimum qualifying exam score for SC/ST, Category-1, and OBC candidates is 40%, whereas the minimum qualifying exam score for General Category applicants is 45%. Suppose the candidate’s marks in Chemistry fall short of the required aggregate percentage to determine eligibility. In that case, the candidate’s marks in Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science, or Electronics shall be taken into consideration in their place.
- Entrance Exam: KEA or COMEDK is required.
- A candidate who passes the 10 + 2 examination pattern (equivalent to the two-year Pre-university in Karnataka).
- Admission to the five-year B.Arch program requires a cumulative 10+2 grade point average of 50% in English and one of the following three subjects: physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- This stipulated that the applicant must also take the Council of Architecture’s NATA exam, open to SC/ST, Category-1, and OBC candidates, and receive at least a 40% score.
- Entrance Exam: KCET/NATA is required.
- MBA program is available to individuals with a 3-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least 50% overall in all years of the degree test, or 45% for candidates from Karnataka who fall under the SC/ST and Category-1 categories.
- Entrance Exam: Any KMAT, CMAT, MAT, or PGCET is required.
- Candidates for the MCA program must have completed a three-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%.
- The required minimum aggregate is 45% for candidates from Karnataka who fall under SC/ST and Category-l.
- Entrance Exam: KMAT or PGCET is required.
- Candidates having a BE/BTech degree in the pertinent field and a cumulative GPA of at least 50% are eligible for the M.Tech programs offered by MSRIT.
- For applicants from Karnataka who fall under SC/ST or Category-l, a minimum overall score of 45% is necessary.
- Entrance Exam: PGCET of Karnataka or GATE Qualified.
- Research Programs:
- Professionals with a B.E. are entitled to apply for a Ph.D., as are faculty members, individuals with a postgraduate degree in the relevant field, and in exceptional circumstances, working professionals.
- A four-year engineering degree program in the relevant field is a prerequisite for M.Sc. (Engg) programs.
- For UG Admission:
- 10th and 12th Marks Card.
- Competitive Exam Admit Card.
- Competitive Exam Score Card and Rank Card.
- Identity Proof.
- Caste and Category Certificate.
- Blood Group Report.
- Income Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- 2 Stamp Size Photos.
- For PG Admission:
- 10th & 12th Marks Card.
- Competitive Examination Admission Order.
- Degree Mark sheets.
- Degree Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste and Income Certificate.
- Blood Group Report.
- 2 Stamp Size Photos.
The Karnataka Examination Authority oversees the Karnataka Common Entrance Test, or KCET (KEA). It is held to admit students to professional programs such as Veterinary Medicine, Farm Science, Engineering Technology, and Pharmacy.
All applicants to engineering and architecture institutions and institutes in Karnataka must take the COMEDK UGET entrance exam, administered at the state level. The entrance test occurs once a year and will take place this year on May 28, 2023. On the official COMEDK UGET website, all the pertinent information, including applications, exam schedules, syllabuses, and a list of the colleges participating in COMEDK 2023, is available.
In addition to learning that the applicant has accumulated over the past few years that is related to the particular field of study, NATA assesses the applicant’s aptitude for that field of study, in this case, architecture, through assessments of cognitive abilities, sensory perceptions and aesthetic awareness tests, logical reasoning, and reasoning skills, etc.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT), often known as the MBA/PGDM Entrance Exam, is a nationwide entrance examination. The All India Management Association administers this examination (AIMA). The MAT entrance exam is given four times a year, and the applicants who meet the requirements can enroll in one of the more than 800 business schools that accept the MAT.
For admission to various MBA programs offered by Karnataka’s government, universities, private-aided, and private unaided professional education institutions, candidates must pass the PGCET Exam, which is a state-level exam.
PGCET tests must be taken by eligible individuals who wish to enroll in professional postgraduate management programs at Karnataka’s colleges and universities.
Suppose you didn’t make it to MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore. In that case, I suggest you consider RV College of Engineering Bangalore, one of the Best Engineering Colleges in Bangalore.
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Courses Offered
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore works to provide comprehensive, continuously improved technology and management education of a worldwide standard through the establishment of a Quality Management System and the cooperative efforts of the relevant stakeholders.
Various experts have made significant contributions to MSRIT in various roles, all expertly headed by Dr. M S Ramaiah, whose personal dedication has seen the institute through its early years. Today, MSRIT is one of India’s leading institutions for engineering training and has given birth to almost 35,000 engineers who hold authoritative positions worldwide.
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses and research programs in engineering and architectural departments. Let’s look into the details of these courses.
- Bachelor of Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) is an undergraduate academic degree awarded to a student after four years of studying engineering at MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore. The degree is based on a combination of theoretical and practical studies in engineering. MSRIT Bangalore offers BE in the following specializations:
- Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Civil Engineering is a four-year undergraduate degree program focusing on designing, constructing, and maintaining physical and natural built environments.
- Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Mechanical Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program focusing on designing, developing, and manufacturing mechanical systems. It covers thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, materials science, and engineering design.
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program focusing on designing, developing, and manufacturing electrical and electronic systems.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electronics and Communication Engineering is a four-year undergraduate program focused on studying electronic and communication systems.
- Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a field of study that combines the principles of engineering and computer science. It involves developing software applications, designing computer networks and hardware components, analyzing algorithms, and researching the latest technologies.
- Chemical Engineering
Chemical engineering is an interdisciplinary field that applies physical and life sciences (such as chemistry, physics, biology, and mathematics) with engineering principles to convert raw materials into valuable products.
- Industrial Engineering and Management
By simplifying procedures and processes, industrial engineers strive to minimize the waste of resources such as time, money, materials, energy, or other resources. This is accomplished by applying specialized knowledge and abilities to describe, forecast, and evaluate outcomes from systems and processes.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Instruments & Electronics Engineering is a branch of engineering that concentrates on creating and using electronic devices.
- Information Science and Engineering
The creation and use of information systems are the main topics of the academic area known as information science and engineering (ISE). It entails utilizing technology to manage, store, organize, and analyze data and information.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Modern engineering disciplines, such as electronics & telecommunications engineering, deal with the planning, fabrication, production, testing, and oversight of the manufacturing process of intricate electronic systems and products. It is a broad field that includes creating both conventional analog technology and cutting-edge digital components.
- Medical Electronics Engineering
Medical Electronics Engineering is a field of engineering that combines electronics and biomedical science. Medical Electronics Engineers create new technologies to help diagnose and treat medical conditions.
Biotechnology is an interdisciplinary field that combines technology and biology to produce valuable products. With a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in biotechnology, you can pursue a career in healthcare, food production, environmental protection, and pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor of Architecture
A Bachelor of Architecture program provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to pursue a career as an architect. It combines practical, hands-on artistic design training with theoretical studies in the history of architecture and relevant sciences such as structural engineering, physics, and mathematics.
- Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a professional graduate degree designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary for successful career paths in business, management, and leadership. It provides an understanding of core business topics such as accounting, finance, economics, marketing, operations management, and strategy.
- Master of Computer Applications
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a professional postgraduate degree designed for students interested in pursuing a career in computer applications. It typically includes courses such as database management, algorithm design, computer programming, software engineering, data structures, and operating systems. Through this program, students can acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful professionals in computing.
- Master of Architecture
The Master of Architecture (M.Arch) is a professional degree program that provides students with the advanced skills and knowledge needed to enter the architecture field. It typically requires three or four years of study, depending on the institution and area of specialization chosen by the student.
- Master of Technology
The Master of Technology (M.Tech) is a specialized postgraduate degree program focusing on teaching and training students in technology. It combines coursework, research, and practical experience to provide graduates with the knowledge they need to develop and utilize innovative new technologies in their respective fields.
MSRIT Bangalore offers M.Tech in the following specializations:
- Structural Engineering.
- Computer Network Engineering.
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering.
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
- Computer Applications in Industrial Drives.
- Industrial Engineering.
- VLSI Design and Embedded Systems.
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Digital Electronics & Communication.
- Software Engineering.
- Digital Communication.
Research programs offer valuable opportunities for students to gain experience in a particular field or topic. Through research, students can improve their understanding of the subject matter, develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and contribute to the field.
Research programs provide an invaluable opportunity to learn and grow in a hands-on environment. MSRIT offers Research Programs leading to MSc (Engg)/Ph.D. in the following subjects:
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering & Management.
- Information Science & Engineering.
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
- Master of Business Administration.
- Master of Computer Applications.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Medical Electronics Engineering.
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore Fees Structure
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore offers many courses in the field of engineering, management, architecture, and computer application fields.
The fee structure for these courses depends on the admission quota you are enrolled in at the college. Along with the tuition fees, you will have to pay miscellaneous fees of around 50k in the college.
|Course Name||Fees (1st Year)|
|BE (All Specializations)||INR 1,16,296/-|
|B Arch||INR 1,17,946/-|
|Course Name||Fees (1st Year)|
|BE (Karnataka)||INR 2,73,266/-|
|BE (Non-Karnataka)||INR 2,74,916/-|
|B Arch (Karnataka)||INR 2,74,916/-|
|B Arch (Non-Karnataka)||INR 2,76,416/-|
|Course Name||Fees (1st Year)|
|MBA (Karnataka)||INR 85,810/-|
|MBA (Non-Karnataka)||INR 87,310/-|
|MCA (Karnataka)||INR 92,810/-|
|MCA (Non-Karnataka)||INR 94,310/-|
|M Tech (Karnataka)||INR 97,000 – 1,04,000/-|
|M Tech (Non-Karnataka)||INR 98,000 – 1,05,000/-|
|Course Name||Fees (1st Year)|
|BE (Karnataka)||INR 2,72,766/-|
|BE (Non-Karnataka)||INR 2,74,266/-|
|B Arch (Karnataka)||INR 2,74,416/-|
|B Arch (Non-Karnataka)||INR 2,75,916/-|
|MBA (Karnataka)||INR 3,05,810/-|
|MBA (Non-Karnataka)||INR 3,32,310/-|
|MCA (Karnataka)||INR 2,62,810/-|
|MCA (Non-Karnataka)||INR 2,84,310/-|
|M Tech (Karnataka)||INR 1,30,810/-|
|M Tech (Non-Karnataka)||INR 1,42,310/-|
|M Arch (Karnataka)||INR 1,37,810/-|
|M Arch (Non-Karnataka)||INR 1,49,310/-|
If you are looking for Engineering Colleges in Bangalore without Donations, You can click on the below link to go through my Detailed Post on:
Placements and Scope
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore is a chosen academic institute for many firms seeking to hire our graduates. With enviable employment offers, the top names in business frequently visit the campus.
The desire of businesses to visit the university and hire the top employees is fiercely competitive. Many organizations have historically focused their recruitment efforts on MSRIT.
Averaging roughly 250 nationally famous firms visiting the school each year to perform their recruitment process, the amount of recruiting organizations has grown exponentially with each passing year.
|Highest Package||50 LPA|
|Average Salary Package||7 LPA|
MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Facilities
The campus of MSRIT, alongside the other institutions in the group, spans 85 acres in the center of Bangalore. Students and visitors may easily access the campus’s necessary amenities and services because of its proximity to the City Railway Station or Central Bus Stand and Bangalore International Airport, which are both 7 km and 25 km away.
To maintain its competitive lead, MSRIT has, over the decades, undertaken considerable infrastructure expenditures to ensure its facilities are on par with the best available worldwide. The complex is 1.5 million square feet and includes centers of excellence and carefully thought-out research facilities.
- Well-appointed single, double, or triple occupancy rooms with heated water in the connected or shared bathrooms.
- Two large halls for relaxing meals.
- The mess serves South and North Indian food for breakfast, lunch, snacks in the evening, and a special dinner. The cost-sharing mess menu is decided by the Mess Committee, which is composed of student delegates from various regions of the nation.
- Subsidized clothing ironing services.
- There are sizable recreation rooms in each of the three hostel blocks with LED TVs, newspapers, and magazines.
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor gaming.
The university is essential to the intellectual endeavors of students, faculty, and the local community with its collection, information tools, and innovative information services. Its carpeted surface of 1762 square meters is a centrally air-conditioned, completely automated library with cutting-edge technology applications.
Its knowledge holdings are primarily in engineering, technology, management, and related fields.
The data center has appropriate power backup and air conditioning. Also nearby is Internet Gateway. A UTM device with an antivirus and spam detection database controls and regulates the internet connection.
The institute is home to numerous cutting-edge auditoriums. The graduation ceremony, first-year inauguration, freshmen party, Felicitation parties, alumni events, major departmentalization events, and other events are held in these auditoriums.
There are two food courts at MSRIT, giving students a wide range of options. The two fully-fledged canteens serve scrumptious, hygienic meals in both North and South Indian flavors. The canteens also offer fruit juice counters and quick nibbles.
- College Address: MSRIT Post, M S Ramaiah Nagar, MSR Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560054.
If you’re planning to get Direct Admission in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore, I suggest you contact our team and get the best assistance and services for admission. You can call us, or you can also visit us at our office.
One of India’s well-known names in engineering education, MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, has created engineers who are leaders in their fields and hold top positions worldwide.
In the Golden Jubilee year 2011, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the Former President of India, graced their inaugural event with his kind words saying that the institute would have generated 50,000+ technologists and engineers who are positioned in different fields in India and abroad.
These facts and words from a person who is an idol for so many people in our country is an evidence of the quality of MSRIT. You can also be part of this prestigious institute and mold your career into a success story of your life. We hope to see you soon enrolled in MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology campus area?
MS Ramaiah campus has a built-in area of 1.5 million square feet, with well-planned research facilities and centers of excellence with industry collaboration.
2. Does MS Ramaiah have a lateral entry?
Yes, MS Ramaiah accepts lateral entry for all its courses.
3. What is the MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology timings?
The class timings start from morning 9:00 to evening 4:00 daily at MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology.
4. When is MSRIT admission getting started?
The admissions for all the courses at MSRIT have already begun and are currently going on.
5. Can I get direct admission in MSRIT?
You can get direct admission in MSRIT through management quota without much difficulty.
6. What is the MSRIT fee structure for BE through COMEDK?
The fee structure for BE at MSRIT is from INR 2.7 to 2.8 Lakhs.
A Small Ask
If you’ve visited the MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology Bangalore, I request you to share your experiences in the comment section below.