Here in this post, we will be giving you complete ideas and information regarding BSc Nursing admission in India.
Yes, we used to get thousands of queries regarding the BSc nursing course, nursing admission procedures, etc. This article is will clear almost all the doubts you are having about BSc nursing admissions in India.
First of all, before joining any nursing college check whether the college is approved by the nursing council of India. Last year a lot of nursing colleges lost their affiliations due to some reasons.BSc Nursing course includes both theoretical and practical sessions during the academics.
So, we prefer students to join nursing colleges which has good practical patient exposures. Before talking about anything else, I would like the candidates to know more about the BSc nursing course, s that the candidate gets an idea about the subjects and course structure.
Table of Contents
- About BSc Nursing Course
- Eligibility for Taking BSc Nursing Admission
- BSc Nursing Admission Procedure
- Subjects to Study in BSc Nursing Course
- The scope of B.Sc Nursing
- BSc Nursing Salary
- Documents for Joining B.Sc Nursing
- BSc Nursing Course Fee Structure
- How to Select a College for BSc Nursing Admission?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Nursing Colleges We Deal With:
- Features of Our BSc Nursing Admission Service
- Benefits of Taking B.Sc Nursing Admission Through Us
- Wrapping Up
About BSc Nursing Course
Course Type: Graduation.
Duration: 4 Years.
Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Admission Procedure: Entrance exams and management quota.
Exam Type: Semester or year wise.
Fees: Rs.30,000 to Rs.1,75,000 per year, depending on colleges.
Salary: Rs.2.6 lakh to Rs.3 lakh depending on placement.
Job area: Nursing colleges, Nursing homes, Hospitals, Clinics, Health Departments, Railways, Defense etc.BSc Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a four-year undergraduate degree program that has both practical and theoretical classes.
For taking BSc Nursing admission the candidate must have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
BSc nursing teaches and experiences the candidate to provide nursing care to patients in both socially and in hospitals.
After completing BSc nursing you will be eligible to work in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, health departments, railways, ESI, defense, etc.
You can also migrate to European and Gulf countries where nurses are paid very well and given great status in the society. In western countries, the patients consider nurses as an angel on earth. If you pursue masters after completing BSc nursing, you are given an upper hand during recruitment.
Eligibility for Taking BSc Nursing Admission
To get admission to any nursing college you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age on the 31st of December of the year of taking BSc nursing admission.
- The candidate must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- The candidate must be medically fit.
BSc Nursing Admission Procedure
You can join any nursing college in India by qualifying the related entrance exams or through management quota. To get admission you must fill the BSc nursing application form online or offline.
For the application, you can either go to the official website or contact our career guidance expert through phone or WhatsApp by clicking the below click to call button.
Subjects to Study in BSc Nursing Course
As I told you before, BSc nursing is a 4-year undergraduate course. The subjects you have to learn during each year is given below.
First Year BSc Nursing Subjects:
- Anatomy: In this, you will learn about the structure of the human body and internal workings.
- Physiology: Here you will study the parts of the human body and its functions.
- Nutrition: You will learn about the science of nutrients and related substances in food which will directly or indirectly relate to the growth, health, and other features of the human body.
- Biochemistry: In biochemistry, you will learn about the chemical process which is taking inside the human body. You will be learning about glycolysis, gluconeogenesis, citric acid cycles, etc.
- Microbiology: In microbiology, you will learn about microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc and its evolution, reactions, etc.
- Introduction to computers.
Second Year BSc Nursing Subjects
- Pharmacology: In this, you will learn about medicines, its uses, mode of actions, effects, contraindications, etc.
- Pathology: It is a kind of study of a disease, the reasons for the disease, and its findings.
- Genetics: It is about the study of genes, hereditary. genetic variations etc.
- Medical-surgical nursing.
- Communication and educational technology.
- Community health nursing.
Third Year B.Sc Nursing Subjects
- Medical and surgical nursing.
- Mental Health Nursing.
- Child health nursing.
- Midwifery nursing.
- Obstetrical Nursing.
Fourth Year B.Sc Nursing Subjects
- Administration and management of nursing services.
- Community health nursing.
- Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing – Part 2.
- Research and statistics.
These are the major subjects included in the BSc nursing course and I would suggest every candidate know about the subjects before taking BSc nursing admission.
The scope of B.Sc Nursing
It’s really a myth that BSc nursing doesn’t have a scope in the future. BSc nursing is one of the best evergreen course in Health and Science. You can even purse MSc nursing after completing your under-graduation.
What I found interesting is that nurses are in high demand in the Gulf and European countries. But, to work there you have to qualify entrance exams like IELTS, MOH, etc. Once you clear these exams and join abroad, your pay scale will be at least 5-10 times more than what you are getting paid in India.
You can also join government service in Army, Navy, Railways, ESI, ECHS, etc and earn a perfect salary, respect, and retirement benefits. After completing your course, you can work on the following:
- Staff nurse.
- Dental assistant.
- Management section.
- Home nurse.
- Case manager.
- Hospital management.
Apart from these, you will be given different and unique high paying posts in private companies, hospitals, clinics, etc depending on the sector.
BSc Nursing Salary
The salary for nurses depends on experience and the hospital or department you are joining. The minimum salary starts at Rs.10,000 and can go up depending on your experience.
Private hospitals and clinics also check with your working efficiency too. Above is the case in India and when you work abroad in gulf countries you will get paid from Rs.75,000 to Rs.2.5 lakh depending on experience.
If you clear the IELTS entrance exam then you can work in western countries who will pay you more. In western countries, life is better and you can earn good respect as a nurse.
Documents for Joining B.Sc Nursing
While taking BSc Nursing admission, you must have a few important documents to submit to the nursing college you are joining. The documents you need while taking BSc nursing admission are:
- 12th pass certificate.
- 12th marks card.
- 10th marks card.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Passport size photo – 4 nos.
- Identity card copies.
In some cases, few colleges may ask for extra documents which we will inform prior to taking admission in BSc nursing.
BSc Nursing Course Fee Structure
The fee structure for BSc nursing admission depends on colleges, universities, candidates marks, and location of the college. Our main partnered nursing colleges are from Bangalore, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, etc. We have many nursing colleges with low fee structure and scholarship options. But, as an average, the course fee might range from Rs.50,000 to Rs.1.5 lakh per year depending on colleges. These are the BSc nursing fees in private colleges. Every college will be having extra fees for:
- Books and study materials.
- Hostel and food charges.
- Examination fees.
Few top-ranking colleges will also charge for any other services they provide.
You can also read:
How to Select a College for BSc Nursing Admission?
Before taking BSc nursing admission in any nursing college I would advise you to make a checklist. This checklist will help you select a good nursing college within your budget. Only opt for nursing colleges which:
- Are approved by the government of India.
- Are affiliate to a reputed university.
- It is recognized by the Nursing Council of India: Last year a lot of nursing colleges lost their recognition due to some issues. So when you choose a nursing college please beware of it.
- Have a good hospital partnered with the college. If you can afford a nursing college with an attached hospital, then you can take admission there without any doubt.
- Has very good patient exposure: You are doing a health and science course and without practical experience, it will be a waste. If you get exposure to different kinds of patients, it will be easy for you in the future after your graduation.
- Have the best faculties, especially in the clinical departments. Without clinical experience, completing nursing will be a waste of time and money.
- Good climatic conditions: See whether the location has an adaptable climatic condition. Most of the parents are worried about their children about this.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it necessary to give the entrance exam for BSc nursing admission?
No! You can take BSc nursing admission through management quota or NRI quota. But, the fee structure will be more than the government decided fees. The fee structure depends on colleges.
2. How Will I Know Whether The College is Recognized?
We deal with recognized and government-approved nursing colleges for BSc nursing admission. If you want to recheck it, please refer to the official website of the Nursing Council of India.
3. What are advanced or post-graduation courses after Nursing?
After BSc nursing, you can pursue MSc nursing, M.Phil in Nursing, Ph.D. in nursing, etc.
4. Will I get a scholarship for studying BSc Nursing?
Yes, if you have good marks then a few of our partnered institutes will provide scholarships depending on the candidates.
List of Nursing Colleges We Deal With:
We deal with hundreds of nursing colleges in India and we are listing a few of the nursing colleges where we can provide BSc nursing admissions. You can check the list of nursing colleges below.
- KMCT Nursing College.
- Rajarajeshwari Nursing Colleges.
- Bapuji Nursing College.
- Subbaiah Nursing College.
- Nanjappa Nursing College.
- Hillside Nursing College.
- Oxford Nursing College.
- AECS Maruthi College of Nursing.
- Ashwini College of Nursing.
- East-West College of Nursing.
- Krupanidhi College of Nursing.
- Padmashri Institute of Nursing.
- TJohn College of Nursing.
- Koshys College of Nursing.
- MVJ College of Nursing.
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Nursing.
- BSE Group of Institutions.
- Adharsha College of Nursing.
- Ambika School and College of Nursing.
- Acharya Institute of Health Science.
- Dr.Shyamala Reddy College of Nursing.
- RR Nursing Institutions.
- Yenepoya Institute of Nursing.
- AJ College of Nursing.
- Vydehi Nursing College.
- Sapthagiri College of nursing.
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Nursing Science and Research.
- Manjushree College of Nursing.
- KMCH College of Nursing.
- Aditya College of Nursing.
- South East Asia College of Nursing.
- Alvas Institute of Nursing Science.
- RVS Group of Institutions.
- Sree Ramakrishna College of Nursing.
- Bangalore City College of Nursing.
- Diana College of Nursing.
- Florence College of Nursing.
- BMS Hospital College of Nursing.
- Karnataka College of Nursing.
- Ocean College of Nursing.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya College of Nursing.
- Appolo College of Nursing.
- Fortis College of Nursing.
- Sarvodaya College of Nursing.
- SB School and College of Nursing.
- Sri Raghavendra School of Nursing.
- Vijayanagar College of Nursing.
- BGS Apollo Nursing College.
- CMR School of Nursing.
- Canara College of Nursing.
- Dayanand Sagar College of Nursing.
- Al-Shifa College of Nursing.
- Dr.M V Shetty College of nursing.
- MIMS College of Nursing.
- Thalassery College of Nursing.
- Father Muller College of Nursing.
- MES College of Nursing.
We also deal with many other colleges and we will surely help you with BSc nursing admission procedures in these colleges.
Features of Our BSc Nursing Admission Service
We are one of the leading educational consultants in India and we are in this industry for more than 13 Years. Yes, you heard it right! We have been providing unique and creative benefits to all our candidates, which helped us being one of the best educational and admission consultants in India.I had listed the unique features of our consulting features below:
- Selection of College: Our health and science course experts will help you choose the best nursing college within your budget and marks. There are hundreds of nursing colleges in India and it is very difficult to search for the one which is appropriate for you. We will take your requirements and place you with all the support.
- Counseling support: We will provide you complete support for application procedures, counseling procedures and even completing all the documentation which taking BSc nursing admission.
- Booking seat: Do you want to book your seat early? If yes, our partnered nursing colleges are really happy to provide our candidates with the facility. When you book your seats early, chances are there to get at the lowest fee structure.
- Fee Affordability: Representing the candidate, we talk to the college and try our best to provide our candidates at an affordable fee. This is the main reason why our old candidates refer hundreds of candidates every year. Our fee structure for BSc nursing admission is competitive in the industry.
- Secure Payment Facility: We never take any kind of payment in our office or through our representatives. We make the candidate pay their fees at the college so that every transaction is secure.
- Easy Payments: We provide our candidates with an option to pay fees semester or year wise. Most of our clients are middle-class students and installment payment is preferred by 99% candidates.
- Loan Support: If you are opting for educational loans, then we will provide you with the loan paper and supporting documents from college and universities which you need while taking BSc nursing admission.
- Support Even After Admission: It is not that we don’t take care of our candidates after taking admission. In case of any professional or personal support, we will surely help the candidates. We are the best industry because of these reasons.
Benefits of Taking B.Sc Nursing Admission Through Us
If you loved the features of CareerMudhra, then you will surely be impressed by the benefits we provide to our candidates. The major benefits are:
- Scholarship Support: If the candidate has got very good marks, then we will have a word with our partnered institutes and provide you scholarship options. This will surely help students and parents equally.
- Edu Kit: We provide our candidates with an educational intro kit, which includes, materials, stationery, gadgets, etc. which will surely help the candidates in the future.
- Discounts and offers: We are partnered with few merchants who will provide regular offers on educational products and gadgets which are useful for your future studies and BSc Nursing Admission.
- Career Support: CareerMudhra is also partnered with HR consultancies and a few abroad recruiters. In case if you are not able to find a suitable job, you can easily get it through our reference. I will give you complete support from BSc Nursing Admission to placement.
Still, you don’t want to take BSc nursing admission through us?
It’s okay! But, we would like to tell you a few things you must keep in mind while choosing an educational consultant for BSc Nursing admission. For taking admission in nursing choose educational or admission consultants who have the following:
- Office: I not telling that freelance consultant without offices is bad. I suggest people with the office because in the future if you are having any issues, you could directly to their office for any kind of clarifications.
- Communication: Choose consultants who are easy to communicate through phone, mail WhatsApp, chat or any kind of your convenience. Before selecting a consultant to ask him all queries and see whether he attends your call every time or else whether he gives you a callback.
- Experience: Check the history and experience of the consultant. Because, only experienced consultants have an exact idea about the admission procedures, counseling procedures, etc.
- Recognized colleges: Deal with consultants who deal with reputed and government approved colleges only.
- Support for Educational loan: Most of the candidates comes from a middle-class family and they study by taking an educational loan. To get an educational loan, the consultant must arrange the loan paper and other documents from the university and college. Choose consultants who provide you loan paper.
- Fees: Different consultants has a different fee structure in the same college. It depends on the relationship he is having with the college. So check whether the fee structure provided is competitive in the industry.
- Service Charge: Feel free to ask about the service charge. Most of the colleges pay a service charge and there is no need to charge it from the candidate. In a few cases, the college doesn’t pay the consultant, which makes the candidate pay it. If you feel what you pay is worth, then choose that consultant.
- Support after taking admission: Choose that consultant, who gives you the best after support and benefits. In the future, if the candidate needs any help, the admission consultant must be able to serve the candidate. This depends on different consultants and we are really unique in it.
In this exclusive article about BSc Nursing admission, I had tried my best to cover all your doubts as of my knowledge. If you have any more queries regarding nursing admission, you can click the below button to call us. If you found this article about BSc nursing admission useful and informative, please do share it with your friends and people in need. If you need nursing admission in India, you can contact our career guidance experts. I had also written a detailed post about nursing admission in Kerala.
The majority of the students are interested in taking admissions in Karnataka as it s the educational hub. So, for those students, I had written a detailed post about BSc nursing admission in Bangalore.