Do you want to be a doctor? Do you want to take BDS admission in India?
If you are a dental aspirant, then this is the right place to get complete information about BDS admission in India, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh Punjab, Rajasthan, etc. 😛
There are many misunderstandings and myths which every student and parent has about BDS or Bachelor of Dental Surgery or Bachelor of Dental Sciences. I will be breaking all the myths and clearing all the doubts about it today!
I have heard many of my friends and relatives asking me whether BDS has any scope in India. Can we earn well in dentistry? What are the placements? etc.
So I will be clearing all your doubts here.
So let me divide this article into sections so that you can navigate to what you want to know.
Experiences from the Previous Lockdown
Table of Contents
- Experiences from the Previous Lockdown
- BDS Admission – Course Overview
- BDS Syllabus
- BDS Scope
- MDS Specializations after BDS
- BDS Admission 2023 Eligibility
- Documents Required during BDS Admission
- BDS Counseling and Admission Procedures
- BDS Course Fee Structure
- BDS Admission Scholarships
- Selecting a good Dental College for BDS Admission
- How to take BDS admission in India easily?
- Facilities My BDS Admission Service Provide
BDS Admission – Course Overview
Bachelor of Dental Surgery or BDS is a 5-year specialized course that has 4 years of studies and 1 year of compulsory internship. For MBBS it is 4.5 years of academics and a 1-year internship.
The internship consists of practicals or in more simple words working on patients under seniors’ supervision in order to gain more confidence in the diagnosis of a problem and a systemic approach to treating the problem.
If you want to pursue post-graduation, then you can do an MDS or Master of Dental Surgery. MDS is a 3-year program and there are 9 specialties in MDS. You can choose the one which you are interested in.
Before joining any professional course, I would like all of you to know about the subjects you are going to study in the future. Here I will just list the subjects which you have to study during the 5-year- course.
BDS 1st-Year Subjects
- Human Anatomy, Embryology, and Osteology.
- Human Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Dental Anatomy and Dental Histology.
BDS 2nd Year Subjects
- Dental Pharmacology.
- Dental Materials.
- Pathology and Microbiology.
- Pre-clinical prosthodontics.
- Pre-clinical operative.
BDS 3rd-Year Subjects
- Oral Pathology.
- General Medicine.
- General Surgery.
BDS 4th Year Subjects
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
- Preventive and Community Dentistry.
BDS 5th Year consists of Internships in all Nine departments.
As I told you earlier, many of my friends and relatives ask me whether there is any scope in dentistry. I have seen many dentists degrading their profession as they are not able to earn well.
However, in reality, it’s not true. BDS is one of the most sought-after and highly dignified professions. Since BDS is a specialized subject and there is nobody in the world who can escape tooth problems in their lifetime, the patient is never a problem. Of course, name, fame, and money come after a time. It’s all about hard work and patience.
In the current scenario, if you join any private clinic after BDS you won’t be paid well. Yes, it is true!
But it is a complete misconception that you can’t earn well in dentistry. Most dentists join any private clinic, go for MDS or they give exams for joining government jobs. I would say there are many great options after BDS that would surely give you a better future.
A few of the options I would suggest after BDS are:
- Starting own private practice.
- Promote dental tourism.
- Join any corporate dental hospital.
- Do clinical research after BDS.
- You can go for a Master’s in Public Health.
- If you are interested then do a Master’s in Hospital Administration.
- You can also do MBA in Hospital Management.
These are only a few options I had listed and there are much more.
The next thing which sparks in your mind is, how much a dentist can earn. If you are joining any private clinic for a job then you will only be paid around Rs.10,000-Rs.15,000 per month as a fresher (Remember, you are joining to gain experience).
However, nowadays chain of Dental clinics has started that offer salaries up to 2 lahks per month after a considerable period of time.
But if you are starting your own practice in a good area, you can earn around Rs.70,000 to Rs.2 lakhs per month. I used these stats as I know people who are earning this much.
MDS Specializations after BDS
There are 9 specializations of MDS after BDS. Out of the 9 departments, 3 are non-clinical departments. The specializations available in Master of Dental Surgery are:
- Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology – Non-clinical.
- Preventive and Community dentistry – Non-clinical.
- Oral pathology – non-clinical.
I just mentioned these just for the basic information for students.
BDS Admission 2023 Eligibility
The first eligibility criteria for taking BDS admission is that you must attend and qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam. Every year we get hundreds of calls asking for BDS admission without NEET.
NEET Eligibility is mandatory even if you want to study these medical courses abroad.
It is the rule from the government that you must qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam to take admission for courses like BDS, MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, etc.
Other than that I will list the other admission criteria below.
- Qualify for the NEET entrance exam.
- You must score at least 50 per cent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2.
- You must also score 50% in English.
- The aggregate score in the 12th standard must be at least 50%.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years of age by the 31st of December 2021.
Documents Required during BDS Admission
During the counseling procedures, many students don’t even have basic documents. Here I am listing the required documents for BDS admission please keep 3 sets of attested Xerox copies for hassle-free admission.
- NEET scorecard.
- NEET admit card.
- 10th marks card.
- 12th marks card.
- 12th pass certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate.
- Identity proof.
- Document for date of birth.
- Community certificate, if applicable.
- Income certificate, if applicable.
- A medical certificate, if applicable.
BDS Counseling and Admission Procedures
As I told you earlier you must qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam to join any dental college in India. After the results are published the state authorities and central authorities will conduct separate counselings for filling up the seats.
All India Quota and Deemed universities admissions will be filled by MCC and the balance of seats will be filled by the respective state authorities.
The procedures are not the old school style and are a bit different and are changing every year. The major steps involved in the counseling procedures are:
- Online registration for counseling.
- Document verification.
- The first round of counseling.
- Choice filling.
- Choice locking.
- First counseling results.
- The second round of counseling.
- Second counseling results.
- MOP-UP Round.
These are the steps involved in the counseling conducted by both state and central authorities. Here I will explain each step separately.
Online Registration for Counseling
You have to register for the counseling by providing all the basic information and NEET admit card details. There will be a registration charge ranging from Rs.1000 to Rs.3000.
Registrations will be separate for the All India Quota and state quota separately. If you want to apply to colleges in Karnataka and Maharastra, then you must register for counseling in both states separately.
For example, online counseling of dental colleges in Karnataka will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority.
Pro Tip: As per my personal experience, I would suggest you choose a state where you want to join and then proceed with the counseling procedures of that state. If you concentrate on multiple states, the counseling dates might clash with each other and you may end up losing one year.
The counseling authority will announce a date for document verification. During that time, the candidate must be present at the counseling center with all the original documents without fail or if there is an online mode of document verification then the necessary steps mentioned on the website should be followed.
In a few states, you might have to submit a demand draft of Rs.1 lakh as a security deposit along with the registration amount which will be adjusted or refunded as your tuition fees. I had mentioned the list of documents for BDS admission above.
1st Round of Counseling
During the registration process, you have got the login credentials with which you have to log in to your dashboard. After logging in you must select the college of your choice and lock the option.
Choice Filling and Locking
In this phase, you must select the college of your choice in the same order. You can select as many colleges as you like and you must lock the choice you have selected. Pay attention to the fee structure of each college as per your affordability before locking the choice.
The locked choice cannot be changed in this round again.
1st Round Results
Now if you had been allotted any college of your choice then you can accept that college and join the college or you can attend the second round of counseling.
2nd Counseling Round
It is the same as the first round of counseling. You have to log in to your dashboard and then select the choice of your college and lock it. If you had been allotted a seat then you can join the college or you can attend the MOP-UP round.
This is the final round of counseling. The seats which are vacant after the 2nd round of counseling will be transferred to the offline MOP-UP round.
A few important things about the MOP-UP round are:
- MOP-UP will be conducted offline.
- The candidate must be present at the counseling center with the required documents.
- The candidate must carry a demand draft favoring the state authority.
- The MOP-UP results will be declared on the same day.
After the MOP-UP round, the seats which will be vacant will be given to the college management. The college management can provide seats to students who have registered and attended the counseling procedures only.
I had also written detailed posts about BDS admission in different places and you can read that if you are interested.
- BDS admission in Delhi NCR.
- BDS admission in UP.
- BDS admission in Dental College Ghaziabad.
- BDS seats in Bangalore.
BDS Course Fee Structure
I guess, now you have got an idea about the BDS admission procedure. Now I would like to give you a rough idea about BDS course fees. I had also written a detailed post about the BDS fee structure in private colleges.
I will give you a rough idea of the fee structure. There are very low-cost dental colleges that charge fees as less as Rs.75,000 to Rs.7 lakh per year. I suggest you go to an average college with good clinical experiences. You can continue reading this article and I had given an in-depth idea about choosing a dental college for BDS admission.
We have tied up with many top dental colleges that provide BDS admission without any donations.
You may also like to read:
BDS Admission Scholarships
The scholarship facilities are not provided by any government organizations. There are few dental colleges that provide scholarships to deserving students depending on some criteria. The scholarship criteria differ from colleges.
There are dental colleges that provide scholarships for students referred by us. Yes, it is true!
You might be thinking, why they must provide scholarships to students referred by me. Right? I have been dealing with a few dental colleges by conducting many seminars, CDE programs, and more. They always give me a special preference. 😛
The scholarships are categorized and are mentioned below.
- Scholarships for students with more than 75% marks in 12th standard.
- Scholarships for ex-servicemen’s children.
- Scholarships for financially backward students.
- Scholarships for students who clear the scholarship exam.
- Scholarships for students from the North-Eastern states of India like Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, and West Bengal.
- Scholarship for students from disturbed areas like J&K.
Selecting a good Dental College for BDS Admission
There are more than 300 dental colleges in India and it is not easy to select one. First I want you to make a clear idea of where you want to join for BDS, I mean in which state you want to join.
The next thing you have to consider is, how much fee can you afford. If you are joining our consultancy service then I will surely give you personal guidance.
You can contact me after choosing the state you want to join and the fees you can afford. After that, I will give you a list of colleges which you choose from.
Apart from these, it would help if you only chose dental colleges with the following:
- Excellent patient exposure: The college must have excellent patient exposure in clinical departments. The student-patient ratio must be good. Most colleges have MDS and the patient will be first served to MDS students. If the BDS students must get good patients, the patient exposure must be really good.
- Faculties in clinical departments: The faculties in the clinical departments must be really good. I had seen in some colleges that lecturers won’t give RCT patients to BDS students.
- Technologies: See whether the college uses the latest treatment technologies. There are many colleges that use CBCT machines, 3D printing machines, etc.
- Extra fees: Most of the colleges in India charge extra fees for sports, transportation, library, etc. Choose dental colleges that don’t charge students for unnecessary things.
- University: Enquire under which university the college is affiliated. There are many universities that publish their results after 5-6 months of their university exams. This makes it really hard for the students.
How to take BDS admission in India easily?
There are two different ways to take dental admissions and it is very simple.
- You can contact the preferred college directly and a few colleges will guide you through the counseling procedures.
- You can find career counselors like me and they will guide you in selecting a good dental college at competitive fees.
So you might be thinking about which one of the above you must choose. If you want to join only a specific college then you can contact the college directly.
You can contact us if:
- You don’t know which college to join.
- You want BDS admission at a low fee structure.
- You want to get complete counseling guidance.
- You want support for educational loans.
- You are looking to apply for scholarships.
- You are looking for some colleges with students belonging to the same place.
Tip: If you want to join a dental college near your place and you are not interested in any other college, then you can contact the college management directly.
You can contact me on the phone or on WhatsApp at +91-7353000393 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facilities My BDS Admission Service Provide
I am not the kind of money-making consultant who would dump you into any college without thinking about the student’s future. 😛 Here I am listing a few features of my service that you would like to know.
- College selection: I have the data of all the private dental colleges in India, with patient exposure, clinical details, and everything else. I had also made a list of dental colleges with fee structures, with which I can help you choose a good dental college with a low fee structure.
- Counseling: I have experience in counseling procedures from when centralized counseling was introduced. I will help you through the complete online counseling procedures, which will be really helpful for you.
- Competitive Fees: As I told you earlier I can provide you with BDS seats at a low fee structure in good dental colleges.
- Scholarship: Few dental colleges in India provide scholarship facilities for students referred by me.
- Seat booking facility: After the NEET results are published you can book the seats easily and be tension free.
- Installment payments: I can talk with a few colleges and make fee payments comfortable for you with installment payments.
- Secure payments: All the payments made will be secure with proper receipts and allotment letters.
- Loan support: 70% of the students who contact me are from the middle class and they always study using educational loans. I can help you get supporting loan papers which will make the loan application process easier.
- Educational Dental Kit: I will be providing educational kits to students which will be really helpful for students in the future.
- Support: We can help you to connect with the students from the same place studying in the college or the students who have passed out from that college. This will help you to gain more knowledge about the kind of quality of education and atmosphere prevailing, thus helping you to make a decision.
Interested to take BDS admission through me? You can contact me at +91-7353000393.
I always conclude personally and I wish to know whether the information provided here helped you. If it did help you please do share it with your friends and people in need. If you have got any questions you can comment below and I will respond as soon as possible.
Please beware of people who say they can get you BDS admission through the management quota without NEET.
43 thoughts on “BDS Admission in India 2023 – Counseling Procedures, Fee Structure”
my expected neet score is 280 can i get a bds seat
fees should not exceed 10L
I want to know about course fees and admission process and education loan of MBBS/BDS
I am general candidate will got 420 marks as per answer key published by nta neet. Please guide me low budget dental college through counselling or if MBBS college possibible in such mark.please give me the suggession in how i select the colleges in counseling.Please give me the names serially.Sir i am domicile of west bengal.
Hello i want to know how many indian dental institutions accept GCE A levels?
I have A* in Physics, A in Biology, A in Chemistry ,B in Mathematics and C grade in AS level First Language English.
i’m from karnataka obc category 2BR student expecting neet 2020 score 0f 212 can i get bds seat in manipal college of dental science mangalore ,and what will be the fee structure.will u be able to help me get addmission in manipal university
sir i need low fees bds collage which providing education low
Can I change the college in another state
Hello sir,I want a bds seat in delhi/NCR at lowest fees..can you help me in this?
What will be the fees to get admission in bds at ITM dental college, Greater noida ?
sir which are the dental colleges in tamil nadu and karanataka with low fees like 2.5 lakh per yr to 3 lakhs per year ?? plz do reply sir …..!!!!
Hello Dear Student
Welcome to our blog on BDS Admission
For BDS in Low Fee structure in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu Private Dental Colleges , there are very less colleges.
Kindly get in touch for more details
sir how can i get details ??? actually my score is around 160 – 170 for neet 2021 and obc category actually is it possible to get in kerala if not which are the colleges in tamil nadu and karanataka with low fees package and good patient exposure ???
sir how can i get details ?? actually my neet score is abt 160 -170 range in 2021 obc category
will it possible to get in kerala if not which are the colleges in tamilnadu and karnataka with low fee package and with good facility and faculty …..
Welcome to our blog on BDS Admission.
NEET Qualification is mandatory for admission in BDS and MBBS in India.
There are 39 private dental colleges in Karnataka.
Lots of colleges among these have comparatively lower fee structure.
You can choose from those options of Private dental colleges in Karnataka.
For more information , you can reach out to us via whatsapp and Email.
Hey i am securing 400 to 450 marks in neet can i get a good bds collage what are the list of collage that i can opt
Hello Dear Student
Yes, you can definately get a top BDS college in Karnataka.
There are many top colleges to mention.
Rankwise list of Top Dental Colleges in Karnataka are
Kasturba Manipal Institute of Dental Sciences
KLE Dental College Belgavi
AB Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences
JSS Dental College Mysore
MS Ramiah Institute of Dental Sciences Bangalore
BIDS Dental College Bangalore
My name is shaista and i want to know that…. What is the quota for bhms bams in Karnataka…
I cant taking coaching because my family and me is not feeling well….. So my neet exam is not going well☹️…. But i want to do career in medical only….
My neet score is around 370-375 belonging to obc category. Can I get a good bds college in rajasthan
Dear Monica Singh
Yes , you can choose from the good private dental colleges like NIMS , Pacific , Darshan , Ekalavya
Hello sir..i am expecting around 300 marks in neet 2021…can u please suggest be few bds colleges in tamilnadu with least fee structure
Sir i belong to obc category and expecting my neet ug score to be around 300…can i get any private dental colleges in tamilnadu …and can u please list few colleges
My Neet Score 2021 Is 466 Sir
Which BDS Government College Will I get In South India ?
I belong to OBC NCL Reserved Category
Congratulations on expecting this NEET score.
You can get through in most of the private dental colleges in this score.
You can choose the Dental College with various fees structures.
My neet score is around 250.Can I get admission in bds collage with package of 10-12 lakh including food and hostel.Will you please guide me through it.
Dear Dental Aspirant
welcome to our blog on BDS admission in India.
Surely , if you get qualified , then you will have lots of options of Private dental college to choose from.
We have Emailed you the details.
My neet-2021 score is 234 (GEN-EWS) . Can I get admission in BDS collage with package of 10 lakh including food and hostel?
Will you please guide me through it.
I can suggest you the Private dental colleges offering scholarship.
We have emailed you the details.
Sir I got 175 marks in OBC category can I have to get seat in bds
welcome to our exclusive blog on BDS Admission in India .
Yes, since you have qualified the NEET – UG , you can opt for choosing BDS in any of the Private or Deemed Dental Colleges in India.
You have to select the Dental college as per your budget for Fees.
Different private dental colleges in different states has Fees ranging from 165000 per annum to 800000 per annum.
Kindly get in touch via Email or Whatsapp for more details.
Colleges which have fees structure below 14 lakk package for dental
Can I get your email?
Hello Dear Student
Welcome to our Blog on BDS Admission in India.
We have sent you a Test Mail from our ID.
My Daughter has scored 481 marks in NEET’2022. Can she get the BDS govt seat in karnataka. Pls guide me.
We are from karnataka state. Reside in Gulbarga district.
Hello sir I’m from indore (mp) i score 343 marks in neet 2022 can I get admission in dental college with low fee structure and can you plz suggest me some good private dental college
There are lots of private dental colleges in Madhya Pradesh whose Fee structure is lesser.
You can try for Peoples dental college , Rishiraj Institute of dental sciences , RKDF Dental College Bhopal.
Dear Mr Gopal
Yes , in this score she can get a government seat in private dental colleges in karnataka if you are a state domicile candidate.
I AM FROM PONDICHERRY, CAN I GET BDS WITH 211 MARKS IN NEET 2022 WITH LOW FEE ACCEPTING COLLEGES ANY WHERE IN INDIA.
Congratulations on Qualifying NEET.
Yes, surely you can get.
Depends upon your Budget for fees as well.
Sir, I want to know can i get admission in bds along with bs.c
Dear BDS Aspirant
Yes , you can get admission in BDS course along with Bsc if you have qualified NEET.
Let me tell you about my experience for admission support for my son in BDS in Bangalore. I was looking for admission help in BDS through NRI seat as I am working abroad. I met Dr. Sushil Agrawal of Careermudhra. He was very confident about admission & assured us admission with reasonable fees. He guided us through all counseling sessions and smoothly completed admission in one of the top dental colleges in Bangalore. I didn’t need to be present over there for long time. He completed all formalities without my presence. So it was a hassle-free experience.
I would surely recommend Career mudhra to avail their services for admission/ career counseling.
ThankYou Mr SoneJi for the amazing words.
We try to set the expectations right for our viewers in order to keep the promises.
Such happy words from our users keeps us motivated to work harder, Ethically and with outmost honesty.