|Apply for Admission 2022-23|
I welcome all of you to my posts about the physiotherapy colleges in Karnataka. I know that you are going through my posts and finding them interesting and useful. Let me tell you more about one more college, which is the Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore. It is a well-known college in the city.
Table of Contents
- Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- Courses offered
- Eligibility criteria
- Documents required
- Admission Process 2022
- Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
- Placements at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Facilities
- Departments and Research
- Frequently Asked Questions
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
In the changing times of the changing healthcare sector around the world and gained wider recognition regarding the physical rehabilitation for disabled people. Physiotherapy gained a lot of importance during the last fifty years in Western Countries. Vokkaligara Sangha felt the need for training our people in the particular area, for helping the poor and needy.
The Sangha sought permission from the Government of Karnataka and from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science in the year 1997. Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy, Bangalore just started with just twenty-five students.
Now, Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore has an intake of forty students for the course of Bachelors of Physiotherapy and an intake of ten students for Masters in Physiotherapy. The institution is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP). It is a private college that is recognized by the Karnataka Government. Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is located on K.R.Road, V.V.Puram, Bangalore-560004.
The principal of the college is Prof. Dr K.Balasarvanan.His team of highly qualified and experienced faculties is:
- Dr R.Raja-Professor.
- Dr Prem Kumar B.N- Associate Professor.
- Dr Rachana Shetty-Associate Professor.
- Dr Shridhar.S-Assistant Professor.
- Dr Sharath U.R-Assistant Professor.
- Dr Shruthi.T-Assistant Professor.
- Dr Pradeep.K-Lecturer.
- Dr Rajeeva.A-Lecturer.
- Dr Veena.A-Lecturer.
- Dr Prasanth. S-Lecturer and many more.
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers courses for graduates and postgraduates, including Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) and Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT).
Bachelors of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a full-time course for a duration of four and half years. It includes compulsory six months of internship. It has been recognized by the Government of Karnataka. It also meets the standard requirements set up by the Indian Association of Physiotherapists (IAP).
The course goes beyond academics, but it prepares you to become a full-fledged medical professional. The knowledge and training provided here will help in facing the challenges in the future.
Masters of Physiotherapy
Master of Physiotherapy helps in providing a faster learning process for the students who have already passed the bachelor’s degree, so as to gain proper knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviour which is expected of a physiotherapist. It is a two-year full-time course that is recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS).
The course curriculum is used to make a foundation in the form of learning through case studies as well as clinical practices. It helps in thinking critically. The various specializations offered are:
- Master’s in Physiotherapy in Musculoskeletal Disorders and Sports (MPT-MSS).
- Master’s in Physiotherapy in Neurological and Psychosomatic Disorders (MPT-NPD).
- Master’s in Physiotherapy in Cardio-Respiratory Disorders (MPT-CRD).
- Master’s in Physiotherapy in Community Rehabilitation (MPT-Comm).
- Master’s in Physiotherapy in Paediatrics (MPT-Ped).
Students who are looking to pursue a Bachelor of Physiotherapy at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore must satisfy the conditions:
- Must have passed the two-year pre-university examination, which is conducted by the Pre-university Department of the Karnataka Government. The subjects include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English. These subjects must be passed separately and individually. Or
- Should have passed any other examination which has been conducted by any Boards/Councils/Intermediate Examination which is established by the State or Central Government, equivalent to the Pre-University Examination conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences or the Association of Indian Universities.
- The students must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with English, both separately and individually. Or
- Students must have finished the pre-university vocational course with physiotherapy as one of the optional subjects. This will make them eligible for getting admission to BPT.
The admission process for getting admission to BPT is based on merit on the following basis:
- Must have passed Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the English language. The aggregate score for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology must not be less than forty-five per cent.
- In the case of students belonging to the SC/ST category, the aggregate score is around forty per cent.
- He/she should have completed seventeen years of age on 31st December on the year of admissions.
- Each student must furnish to the Principal of the college, a Physical Fitness Certificate, issued by an authorized Government Medical Officer, stating that he/she is medically fit to undergo the course.
If you are interested in getting admission to MPT, then he/she must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have passed B.Sc.(PT) or BPT from colleges, where it is a full-time program, for a duration of three and half years or four and half years duration from a University which is either in India or abroad, which is considered to be equivalent, with not less than fifty percent marks.
- Must have completed six months of compulsory rotating internship in colleges offering physiotherapy courses, which is recognized by RGUHS and the Government of Karnataka.
- Students who have passed through the correspondence courses are not eligible. Or
- Students who have completed BPT through bridge course or lateral entry, after finishing the Diploma in Physiotherapy, which is a full-time program in India or abroad or from any other university in India, should have scored not less than fifty percent and also should have completed six months of internship, which is recognized by the RGUHS and the Government of Karnataka are eligible.
The documents required during the time of admission for BPT are:
- 12th Standard/II PUC Mark sheet.
- 10TH Standard/SSLC Mark sheet.
- Certificate for Age Proof.
- Proof of address and Nationality.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration from previous University or Board.
- Certificate of Eligibility from the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Medical Fitness Certificate from an authorized Medical Officer,
- Recent passport size photographs-04.
The documents required during admission are:
- B.Sc. (PT)/BPT Course Year-wise Mark sheets.
- Course Completion Certificate.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Recent passport size photographs.
- Certificate for Age Proof.
- Proof of Address.
Admission Process 2022
Details regarding admission to Bachelors of Physiotherapy and Master’s in Physiotherapy (MPT) are available on the website of Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore. If you are looking for more information, you can call us or write to us in the comment box below. I will get back to you soon.
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Fees Structure
The course fees structure for Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is:
|1.||BPT||Four and half years||Rs 2.50,000|
|2.||MPT||Two years||Rs 3,10,000|
Placements at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore has got a placement assistance cell, which helps all the students to get internships in the hospitals. They are also placed as per the requirement of the organizations. The placement cell grooms the students in various skills so as to make them industry-ready.
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore Facilities
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is located on the sprawling campus at R.R.Puram.The facilities available for students on campus are:
Hostel Accommodation at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore
There are separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel’s preclinical campus is located at Banashankari’s second stage. It is around four kilometers away from the campus. Students can travel between the two colleges as a bus facility is provided.
It is looked after by the supervisor and also controlled by the warden. Ragging, use of contraband substances, alcohol, and sound pollution are not permitted on campus. They have to adhere to the rules and regulations.
Library Facility at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The library is the source of knowledge in any institution. There are three separate libraries:
- Banashankari Campus Library.
- Central Library at KIMS block and
- The Reference Library.
Around seventeen thousand books on all the various subjects in medicine and physiotherapy are available. It has got a collection of national and international journals. It has got an exclusive collection of books on physiotherapy.
Next to the library, there is an internet centre, in which the students can gather information on the internet at a very nominal fee.
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore has three functioning canteens in the college. One of them is at the B.I.T building campus, the KPIT building, and the KIMS Hospital. It supplies different types of refreshments and foods during the working hours of the college.
The computer lab provides the following services:
- Browsing the internet and providing internet access to the journals.
- Gives facilities for presentations such as slides, transparencies, and scanning.
- Helps the students and faculty members in preparing projects, editing thesis, data analysis, and setting up the file for presentation and printing.
Five buses which include one minivan and two Maruthi vans are available for transporting students from the campus at Banashankari campus to the hospital and training centres. The buses ply between the campus and the students can board at different times during the day.
Transport facilities are available for the students between the V.V.Puram and their pre-clinical Banashankari campus. The buses go to and fro from the campus at all times. They can board the buses at various points in the college and the pre-clinical campus. A nominal fee is charged to the students. Transport facilities are available for the students between the V.V.Puram and their pre-clinical Banashankari campus. The buses go to and fro from the campus at all times. They can board the buses at various points in the college and the pre-clinical campus. A nominal fee is charged to the students.
The bank facilities are available on campus. An extension centre of the Syndicate Bank is available at the B.I.T Building. He/she can open his/her accounts and perform all the financial transactions.
A well-equipped gym facility has been set up in our fitness centre. Its facilities can be used by the students and the general public.
Departments and Research
The Departments at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy, Bangalore are:
- Department of Ortho-Physiotherapy.
- Department of Neuro-Physiotherapy.
- Department of Paediatric Physiotherapy.
- Department of Community Based Rehabilitation.
Research is given a lot of importance at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore. The faculties mentor the students to write research papers in national and international journals.
I have taken lots of time and research to put in together my research, which I have done online as well as offline. Few of my friends are studying there, so I have talked to them about their experiences at Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore. It has got excellent infrastructure facilities and experienced faculties to mentor and guides the students. To know more, please visit http://www.rguhs.ac.in/.
Please write to me if you are interested in knowing more about the college, admission procedure, placements, etc, leave your message in the comment box. I will get back to you at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the purpose of doing the six months internship?
It is during the six months of internship, students get trained in Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, General Medicines, and General Surgery. They are given exposure in the Neurology and Neurology wards. Community posting is also compulsory.
2. Is the NEET score required to get admission to BPT?
No, NEET score is not required to get admission to BPT.
3. What are the career options for physiotherapists?
Physiotherapists help patients with physical difficulties, by providing them with a healthy life. There are jobs available in hospitals, clinics, special schools, sports clinics, football clubs, and nursing homes.
4. Which is the nearest bus stop to Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
Mahila Seva Samaja is the nearest bus stop to Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy.
5. Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy Bangalore is affiliated to which university?
Kempegowda Institute of Physiotherapy, Bangalore is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
6. Which course is better: BPT or BOT?
Both the courses are good, students of BOT are gifted as they can help the patient heal physically, mentally, and socially, in order to get back to their normal life.
7. Does doing BPT in a private college have a good scope?
In order to have a good scope, it is ultimately dependent on your skills and knowledge. It does not depend upon whether it is government or private college.
8. Which is a better course: BAMS or BPT?
BAMS has got job prospects in both governments as well as private. Physiotherapy is gaining more popularity in smaller cities in India as well as abroad.
9. Which country is the best job after the BPT?
India, Gulf and European countries are the best to work in after completing BPT.
10. Is Bachelor of Physiotherapy easy?
No course is easy or tough, everything depends upon your course liking and interest. You need to find smart educational choices, in order to create better career opportunities.
11. What is the cut-off for a physiotherapy BPT in private colleges?
There is no cut-off for private colleges. The admission process depends on the admission criteria, you need to score more than sixty percent, to get admission on a merit basis.