RV college of Physiotherapy Bangalore can be the perfect destination if you are looking for a good physiotherapy college in Karnataka to pursue a degree in BPT or MPT. This is one of the top-ranked physiotherapy colleges in the city and provides the best curriculum. The BPT program at RV College is in huge demand among students. This college, certainly, provides a very bright career prospect in the healthcare sector. Read further to know more about the admission process, fee details, courses, placements, facilities offered etc.
Table of Contents
- RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
- RV College of Physiotherapy Course
- Eligibility criteria
- Documents Required
- RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Admission 2022-23
- RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore fees structure
- Campus life at RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
- Departments and Research
- RV College of physiotherapy Bangalore placements
- How to reach RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
- Frequently Asked Questions
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Overview
In the year 1940, on the auspicious Vijayadashami day, the Rashtreeya Sikshana Samiti Trust came into existence. It was the vision of its founder Sri M. C. Sivananda Sarma. It has been running over a period of seven decades, the conglomerate has over twenty-seven institutions. It includes various streams such as Engineering, Medical, Management, Dental Sciences, Physiotherapy, and Teacher’s Training.
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is affiliated with the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS). It offers graduate and post-graduate level programs, which are Bachelor of Physiotherapy and Masters of Physiotherapy.
The illustrious trust was founded by its former secretary and mentor Late Shri D. A. Pandu. In the year of 2003, the R V College of Physiotherapy Bangalore came into being. The RV Group of Institutions is headed by Dr M. K. Panduranga Setty the President of the Group. The other members of the management are:
- Vice President – Mr N. R. Panditharaya.
- Vice President – Mr. C. V. Hayagriv.
- Honourable treasurer – Mr K. G. Subbarama Shetty.
- Honourable Secretary – Mr A. V. S. Murthy.
- Honourable Joint Secretary – Mr D. P. Nagaraj and many more.
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is having a team of highly educated, experienced, and trained faculty members who are there to provide knowledge, mentor the students, and guide them through the course time, they are available on campus. Some of the esteemed faculties are:
- Dr Murali Sivanandam – HOD and Associate Professor (Department of Cardiorespiratory).
- Dr Pavanna Holla – HOD and Community Physiotherapy.
- Dr Venkateshan R. Assistant Professor – HOD (Neurology Department).
- Dr Pallavi Wajapey – Assistant Professor (Paediatrics).
- Dr Archana. P – Assistant Professor (Manual Therapy and Taping).
- Dr Trapathi Kamath – Assistant Professor (Vestibular rehabilitation, Kinesio taping).
- Dr Akshata Nadgir – Assistant Professor (MPT in Paediatrics).
- Dr Reshma Menon – Assistant professor (Cardiorespiratory).
Apart from all of them, there are guest faculties who provide insights into different areas like Orthopaedics, Traumatology, Community Based Rehabilitation, Research Methodology and Statistics, General Surgery, Community Medicine, Pharmacology, and much more.
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore is among the best colleges in the city. The college is located on the 9th Main Road in the 4th block at Jayanagar in the beautiful city of Bangalore.
RV College of Physiotherapy Course
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore offers bachelor’s as well as master’s level courses, which are BPT and MPT. It trains its students to become knowledgeable, skilled, competent, confident, independent, and self-motivated medical practitioners.
The students are provided training in performance-based ethical measures in an ethical, safe, and secure kind of environment. They also develop clinical reasoning ability and develop effective communication skills among medical professionals.
BPT at RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a graduate-level course with a duration of four and half years, which includes six months of rotatory internship. The course structure consists of various subjects relating to medical and physiotherapeutic studies with values.
Clinical based training
The students are provided good hands-on training experience in the second year of BPT, to postings at different hospitals in the third year of BPT. There is a rotatory internship provided after the completion of the third year.
MPT at RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
Master of Physiotherapy is a post-graduate level course with a duration of two years. It is a professional degree course that provides its student’s evidence-based practices and includes recent developments in the field of physiotherapy.
Students are made knowledgeable, adaptable, self-motivated, and reflective by virtue of critical thinking and helping them make judgments based on their judgments, which are supported by scientific evidence.
RV College of Physiotherapy offers MPT Courses in five different specializations namely:
- Musculoskeletal Disorders.
- Neurological and Physomatic Disorders.
- Community Rehabilitation.
The candidates who are interested can go for direct admissions or the management quota seats. The number of seats available is dependent on the college and also on the agreement with the state government.
Eligibility required for the BPT course are:
- Students must have passed the 12th standard/II PUC with a recognized board with forty percent marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects optional, with English as the language.
- For students belonging to the SC/ST category-The percentage of the qualifying marks is thirty-five per cent.
Eligibility criteria for MPT course are:
- Students who have completed BPT from UGC-recognized universities.
- Students who have completed BPT through correspondence or distance learning are not eligible for getting admission to the program.
The students must have a copy of the original documents required once they have been selected for counselling or direct admission.
The documents required during the admission for BPT are:
- 10th standard Mark sheet.
- 12th standard/II PUC Mark sheet.
- Certificate of transfer (For students outside Karnataka).
- Proof of Identity (PAN/Aadhar/Driving License/Passport).
- Provisional Allotment (If it is applicable).
- Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Certificate of Eligibility by RGUHS, Bangalore.
The documents required for the MPT admission are:
- BPT Course certificate from any recognized university.
- Mark sheets of all the passed university exams (1st year to 4th year of BPT).
- Completion certificate of a paid rotatory internship from a recognized university.
- Identity proof is issued by the Government.
- 10th standard and 12th standard mark sheet for proof of age.
- Caste/Community Certificate (If it is applicable).
- Students must fulfil the eligibility criteria before the last date of admission which has been notified by the university. A post-graduate student must get registered in the university within a month of submitting the fees of the application.
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore Admission 2022-23
RV College of physiotherapy Bangalore is a college which is a well-known institute known for its undergraduate and post-graduate level courses. If the students satisfy the mentioned criteria, they can go for direct admissions or through the management level quota.
Admission to the BPT and MPT courses are based on merit. The applications are available online on the website. The students first need to check their eligibility and follow the instructions mentioned on the RV College of Physiotherapy website. You can also call me and I will guide you through the complete admission procedure.
Process for filling the Application Form
- Firstly, visit the website.
- Secondly, register yourself using a valid phone number and email id.
- Thirdly, download the application form.
- Fourthly, Fill in the required credentials carefully.
- Finally, you are required to submit the form along with the required documents.
- After that, pay the application fees using debit/credit /PayPal or any other money transfer application.
RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore fees structure
The course fees for the different courses available at RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore are:
|Rs 2,31,000 to Rs 2,41,000
Campus life at RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore
The campus has housed a very large and integrated academic structure, with facilities available at the RV College of physiotherapy campus. It has got ample amount of space, facilities, and equipment for treating the patients. It has a large multi-story building in a vast area.
The facilities available on campus are:
- State of art Lecture halls.
- Digital Library.
- Audio-Visual Room.
- Labs for Anatomy and Physiology.
- OPD, Consultation Room.
- Common Room for Girls.
- Anti-ragging cell.
- Placement assistant cell.
- Sports facilities for indoor and outdoor games.
- Transportation Facility.
Departments and Research
The different departments under the RV College of Physiotherapy are:
Department of Neurology Physiotherapy
Neurological physiotherapy treats patients with neurological conditions, which are characterized by movements and functional disorders caused by impairment of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system.
The main aim of such kind of physiotherapy is to treat conditions like stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, brain injury, etc. It is tailored to the needs of the individual with personalized goals.
Department of Community Physiotherapy
The college integrates the provision of services to patients with neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders at community levels at home and steps autonomously or combined with various community-based agencies.
Department of pediatric physiotherapy
Pediatric physiotherapy helps children to attain the maximum level of physical development. It is a profession that deals with the assessment and treatment of children with developmental, neurological, and growth-related conditions.
Department of Musculoskeletal physiotherapy
It is clinically and physically designed to equip the students with critical, evaluative, and clinical skills spread across the pillars of practice like research, education, and leadership.
Department of cardiovascular and pulmonary physiotherapy
The department of cardiovascular and pulmonary physiotherapy aims to instil student academic knowledge with patient care. The aim of the department is to provide the best treatment based on evaluation, clinical reasoning, and management skills in different areas.
Department of sports physiotherapy
The Department of sports physiotherapy is dedicated to teaching athletes, professionals, and recreational to reach their full potential and make them injury-free. Sports physiotherapists provide screening, surveillance, and injury surveillance programs both on and off the field.
RV College of physiotherapy Bangalore placements
RV College of Physiotherapy has got a dedicated placement cell that acts as a bridge between the students and the healthcare sector. The college is playing an active role in placing its undergraduate and post-graduate students at the best possible placement companies. It provides opportunities in reputed corporate hospitals, NGOs as well as rehabilitation centres.
The college also offers internship opportunities to its students. The students can also choose to take an internship program for the organization of their choice. Besides, various workshops and industrial visits are made available to students, so they can get an understanding of real-time work culture. The placement ratio of the college is at par and students can be assured of a good ROI against the expenses of the program.
How to reach RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore?
The college is located on the 9th main road, which is in Jayanagar’s 4th Block in Bangalore. It is well connected by all kinds of transport like bus, train and public transport. The different routes to reach the college are:
- Via Outer Ring Road – It is around 10.5 km which takes around 32minutes.
- 50 feet road – It is around 11.2 km which takes around 33 minutes.
- Via Pipeline Road – It is around 11.5 km which takes around 36 minutes.
I have taken lots of time and effort in gathering information about RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore. I have a few of my friends who are studying there. I got to know more about their experiences at the college and placements. I have also researched online. I hope it will be helpful in your career decision. To know more, please visit: http://www.karnatakaphysio.org/. You can write your questions and queries in the comment box or you can call me. I will surely reply soon.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is BPT harder than MBBS?
Both the courses are good and are tougher. MBBS is a five-year course whereas BPT is four and half year course. Your hard work and dedication in any course will determine your success.
2. Is studying BPT difficult?
No, any course is not difficult. It depends on your interest. Bachelor of Physiotherapy may be a bit new for any intermediate student but once you get adjusted it will become easy.
3. Does BPT need NEET?
NEET is not required for pursuing BPT in India. The student has to attain seventeen years of age with Science in the 12th standard Biology with at least fifty percent marks in each subject.
4. What is the salary after BPT?
The average salary of physiotherapists ranges from Rs 2, 00,000 to Rs 8, 00,000 and it will increase as their experience and expertise grow in the field.
5. Is CET compulsory for BPT?
Yes, Karnataka CET (KCET) is the entrance examination for BPT admissions. Students looking for government merit seats should write the exam. It is not mandatory for getting admission to BPT colleges.
6. What is called physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is also known as physical therapy. It is the treatment used for treating a disease, injury, disability, or treat any disability to improve the quality of life.
7. Is physiotherapy a good career?
Physiotherapy is considered a lucrative career option for science students who are intending to serve in the health sector. Students after finishing their master’s degree can open their own physiotherapy clinic.
8. Is physiotherapy in high demand?
Yes, physiotherapy is in high demand in the field of medical science. There is a lot of demand for physiotherapists for different types of patients like those who are recovering from the surgery, or accidents and those who are suffering from diseases like arthritis and need the services.
ONE SMALL REQUEST:
In case if you are a student or alumni of RV College of Physiotherapy Bangalore, then please drop a review or comment about the college. This will help other students in knowing the college better and choosing a career for them.