Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine that brings together both the traditional as well as modern techniques of self-healing. It includes therapies such as massage, acupuncture, exercises, along with diet counseling. Nowadays, it is among the emerging medical courses with immense scope in the future. Are you interested in doing the naturopathy course? If yes, then you should go for BNYS. Karnataka has some of the best naturopathy colleges. One among them is Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri.
Table of Contents
- Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Overview
- Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Admission
- Alvas Naturopathy College Courses Offered
- Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Ranking and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Overview
The Institution was founded by its visionary and philanthropist, Dr. M. Mohan Alva. ANS was established in 2003. In a very short duration of time, the institution has become the Centre of excellence in the field of naturopathy and yogic sciences in the country. Students from various backgrounds across different states come to study at this top institution.
|Alvas Naturopathy College
|Vidyagiri, Moodubidire, D.K. District, Karnataka 574227.
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
|Government of Karnataka, Department of AYUSH
|Regular/ Full Time
|Both Boys and Girls
The vision of the college is to impart quality education to talented and meritorious children coming from poor financial backgrounds. To inspire the young aspirants with positive thinking, self-discipline, punctuality, aesthetic sense, tolerance, as well as respect towards culture, art, and tradition.
The mission of the institution is to become a well-known naturopathy college that provides education to rural children at reasonable fees. It looks forward to liberating young people and bringing about a change in society.
Why Study at Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri?
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri is known to be among the top education institutions for the naturopathy course in the country. The College finds itself on NH-13, 35 km from Mangalore. The picture-perfect destination is the best place to study because:
- The Institution is one of the top colleges in the D.K. District.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities are provided to the students during the course of study.
- Faculty Members are highly qualified, experienced, resourceful, knowledgeable, and helpful in their respective fields.
- It is well connected through various modes of transport like rail, road, and air.
- Students are offered well-paid salary packages in top medical institutions.
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Admission
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Admission Procedure for the courses offered by the college are:
- Step 1: Go to the Admissions Section.
- Step 2: Fill up the application form with your personal details.
- Step 3: Upload the documents required.
- Step 4: Pay the application fees of Rs 1000/- or its equivalent to get the prospectus from the Admission Department of the College.
- Step 5: Keep copies of the completed form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
Aspirants who are looking to pursue BNYS are required to fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
- He/She must have passed 12th Class or PUC with a minimum of 45% marks for General Category in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- For SC/ST/OBC, the aggregate mark to be obtained is 40%.
- The age limit of the student must be 17 years on or before 31st December in the year of admissions.
Documents Required for BNYS
You must enclose the following documents along with the application form for the BNYS Course admissions:
- HSC 10+2 or 12th Class/PDC/PUC Examination Mark Sheets with 3 photocopies.
- SSLC or 10th Class Marksheet with 3 photocopies.
- Transfer or School Leaving Certificate with 3 photocopies.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- 8 Passport Size Photos.
Eligibility Criteria for MD Courses
Eligibility Criteria for Doctor of Medicine (MD in Clinical Naturopathy)/(MD in Clinical Yoga) which you must satisfy to get admissions are:
- He/ She must have passed Bachelor’s Degree Course in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS) with a minimum score of 50% from a recognized College or University.
- Must be NEET qualified.
Documents Required for MD Courses
You must get the following documents along with the application form for admission to MD Course:
- Degree Certificate of BNYS/N.D.
- Year Wise Mark Sheets of BNYS.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Internship Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Character Certificate.
- Certificate of Character.
- Medical Fitness Certificate.
- Passport Size Photos.
Alvas Naturopathy College Courses Offered
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Courses Offered include graduate level Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS) as well as postgraduate Doctor of Medicine MD in Clinical Naturopathy and MD in Clinical Yoga.
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science(BNYS)
|5.5 years, including 1 year of internship
|Doctor of Medicine (MD in Clinical Naturopathy)
|Doctor of Medicine (MD in Clinical Yoga)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science is also known as BNYS. The course duration is 5 and a half years. It includes 4 and half years of academics and 1 year of internship. The objective of the program is to familiarize the student with naturopathy and yoga for treating bodily ailments.
Naturopathy is a system of medicine that is based on the ancient and simple laws of nature. Its holistic healthcare approach uses various drugless treatments such as Magneto Therapy, Massage Therapy, Physiotherapy, Reflexology, Acupressure, Yoga Therapy, and Fasting Therapy.
Doctor of Medicine MD in Clinical Naturopathy
MD in Clinical Naturopathy is a postgraduate course in naturopathy. The duration of the program is 3 years. The course looks into a comprehensive understanding of ailments and their treatments. The course can be pursued after completing a bachelor’s degree in BNYS. Course Structure is designed as per the guidelines of the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi, as well as the National Commission for System of Indian Medicine.
Doctor of Medicine MD in Clinical Yoga
Doctor of Medicine MD in Clinical Yoga is a PG program in the field of yoga. The duration of the course is for 3 years. The program focuses on different aspects of yoga, including ethics, anatomy, philosophy, and psychology. It is designed in such a way that the students get knowledge and get prepared to become experts in the field.
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Fee Structure
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Fees Structure for the different courses offerings in the institution is mentioned below:
|MD in Clinical Naturopathy
|MD in Clinical Yoga
- Apart from the course fees, the students are charged hostel fees separately according to their room preferences and allotment. Rooms are given on a first cum first-serve basis.
- Hostel Accommodation and Mess Facility is charged to the students on a yearly basis.
- Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri Fees are charged as per the Ministry of AYUSH guidelines and by the college management.
Alvas Educational Foundation gives financial assistance to meritorious students coming from different categories. The Scholarship Committee shortlists suitable candidates based on academic performance and the interview. On final selection, students get monetary help to continue their studies. Some of the scholarships awarded by the college are:
- Merit cum means scholarship.
- SC Scholarship.
- Vidyasiri Scholarship.
- DTE Scholarship.
- Sahu Jain Trust.
- Reddy Jana Sangha Scholarship.
Placements and Scope
The placement department at Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri looks after the internships and placement opportunities for naturopathy aspirants. Placement committee members and Faculty Members form an integral part of the team. Various Placement Activities such as Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Written Tests, Guest Lectures, Hospital Visits, and Mock Interviews are organized on campus. Students are prepared to face the challenges in the naturopathy field.
Alvas Pragati is a huge placement event conducted by the Alvas Educational Foundation. The objective of the event is to provide immense career opportunities not just to achievers but people from different states of the country. Placement activities are organized throughout the year.
Ranking and Affiliations
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri comes under Rajiv Gandhi Health University, Bangalore, and the courses are approved by the AYUSH Ministry, Government of India. The Institution ranking is good because of the best faculties, infrastructure, course curriculum, and final placements. Students get hands-on training in the best hospitals. Well-paid salary packages are offered after the completion of the course.
On Campus Facilities
The Institution is located at Vidyagiri, Moodbidri in the D.K. District of Karnataka. The lush and green landscaped campus provides a calm and quiet environment for young aspirants. The College ensures safety and security during the course study. Students are made to feel a homely atmosphere in spite of being away from their homes. Some of the facilities offered on campus are:
The library is a knowledge Centre of the institution. It has a vast collection of national and international books on medical sciences. The catalog of the library had more than 2000 medical books and journals. Internet and broadband facilities are available for faculties and students.
The NSS unit at the Institution works towards generating community responsibility as well as creating awareness in society. The unit organizes blood donation camps, health guidance camps, and community awareness programs like AIDS, forestation, and monument protection in the villages. It also organizes personality development courses for the students.
Alvas Nature Cure and Care Hospital
Anandamaya Arogyadhama is a health Centre attached to Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri. The hospital is located on 2 acres of herbal garden with around 2500 medicinal plants. The lush green facility has experienced staff and treatment rooms for the best treatments available. Its pollution-free, calm and quiet environment helps the process of rejuvenation and healing.
Other Facilities which are offered within the campus are:
College Contact Details
- Address: Vidyagiri, Moodbidri, D.K . District 574227 Karnataka.
- Distance from Mangalore International Airport: 19.7 km.
- Distance from Mangalore Railway Station: 29.4 km.
Looking to know more about the college, please write to us or call us. I assure you we will revert as soon as possible. Our career counseling team can help you pick the best college for you. Thank you for your time and review!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri established?
Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri was established in 2003.
2. Which courses are offered at ANC?
The courses offered at ANC are Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS) and postgraduate Doctor of Medicine MD in Clinical Naturopathy and MD in Clinical Yoga.
3. In which place is Alvas Naturopathy College located?
Alvas Naturopathy College is located at Moodbidri in the D.K. District of Karnataka.
4. ANC is affiliated to which university?
ANC is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences University, Bangalore.
5. How much time does it take to complete the BNYS Course?
It takes 5.5 years to complete the BNYS Course.
6. How many seats are there for BNYS at Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri?
Number of BNYS seats at Alvas Naturopathy College Moodbidri is 60.
7. Does the ANC Campus have a hostel accommodation facility?
Yes, ANC Campus has a hostel accommodation facility.
8. Can I do BNYS without NEET?
Yes, you can do BNYS course without NEET.
A small ask
If you are an alumni or a student who is currently studying a naturopathy course in the college, I would request you to spare some time to write a college review for us. You can write your review in the comments section below. Your views and opinions can help an upcoming naturopath.