Naturopathy is a comprehensive system of healthcare management. The practice includes many types of treatment modalities along with a wide array of non-pharmacological treatment methods. When it is integrated with yoga, it benefits overall well-being. Tamil Nadu is the center of the best naturopathy colleges in the country. In this article, I will give in-depth information about one of them, Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur.
Table of Contents
- Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Overview
- Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Admission
- Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Courses Offered
- Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliation
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Overview
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur comes under the K.K.O Mohamed Ibrahim Educational Trust in the year 2018. The College is affiliated with TN Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai. The Health Ministry approves the BNYS program in New Delhi, as well as the National Institute of Naturopathy, Government of India. Number of students taken per year is 100.
|Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science
|Anakudi Road, Kovilacheri, Kumbakonam Taluk, Thanjavur District 612503 Tamilnadu
|Tamilnadu. Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai
|Health and Family Welfare Ministry, National Institute of Naturopathy, Government of India
|Regular/ Full Time
|Both Boys and Girls
The Vision of the Institution is:
- To become a well-known medical institution to create and provide standard quality education in the field of health sciences.
- To develop a competent and socially responsible healthcare mechanism by strengthening medical knowledge, service, and research.
- Create excellence through the updated course curriculum, impart the values of integrity as well as social sensitivity, who are best suited to serve the nation and the community.
The mission of the College is:
- To impart the best quality medical education to the students through state-of-the-art teaching methods as well as providing self-learning opportunities.
- Provide excellence in educational as well as skill development processes.
- Inculcate an exciting as well as rigorous research environment.
Why Study at Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur?
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur is among the well-known naturopathy colleges in Tamil Nadu. The Institution attracts students from throughout the country. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- College Campus is located amidst the best natural surroundings.
- State-of-the-art laboratories, museums, classrooms, lecture halls as well as dissection halls.
- Dedicated, experienced, and qualified faculty members.
- Digital and Central Library with a vast collection of textbooks, reference books, and journals.
- Valued added programs and field activities in the herbal garden.
- Separate hostel accommodation for boys and girls.
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Admission
The admission procedure for admissions to BNYS Course is given below:
- Step 1: Applicants are required to complete the application form along with the supporting documents.
- Step 2: The College will screen and review all the application forms.
- Step 3: Shortlisted candidates are called to attend the interview, which is conducted by the faculty and staff.
- Step 4: Once you get selected, you are given the acceptance letter, and you must submit the fees.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
ACNYS seeks to admit those who are inclined towards learning more about naturopathy and yogic sciences and are able to deliver healthcare facilities to individuals as well as society. The academic requirements which you must fulfill to get admission to BNYS are:
- Aspirants must have passed Higher Secondary or any equivalent examination.
- He/ She should have secured a minimum score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Botany, as well as Zoology.
- In the case of students, who have submitted the mark sheets with grades, the minimum grades will be taken into consideration for subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Botany, and Zoology.
Documents Required for BNYS
You must attach the following documents along with the application form, along with two sets of copies attested by the Gazetted Officer:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Certificate of Transfer.
- Certificate of Migration.
- Recent photos.
- Community Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- Eligibility Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Courses Offered
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur offers an undergraduate program, Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences. The Course comes under TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, and is recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi. Number of students taken every year is 100.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences is popularly known as BNYS. The undergraduate level course covers 5 and half years, which includes 4 and half years of academics along with 1 year of Compulsory Residential Rotatory Internship. The Internship is recognized by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi, and the National Institute of Naturopathy, New Delhi.
BNYS Course Structure
The Academic Course is spread over a time period of 4 and half years, which is divided into 4 parts, 1st year of BNYS of 18 months, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of 12 months each. The teaching methodology includes lectures, seminars, workshops, conferences as well as clinical training. Students are encouraged to publish their research papers in top national and international journals.
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Fee Structure
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur Fees Structure for the BNYS Course is:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
Payment Method Options
For the convenience of parents and students, the college has provided the option of payment of course fees online. You must go to the link of the online payment, enter your roll number and complete the payment using any of the methods:
- Demand Draft.
- Online Banking.
- Payment through UPI.
- Debit Card.
- Credit Card.
Placements and Scope
The Placement Department at ACNYS looks after the placements as well as internships of the students. It conducts placement-related activities such as workshops, seminars, conferences, written tests, as well as mock interviews. Guest Faculties are invited from reputed health organizations to make them aware of the current happenings in the field. Job Opportunities are available for naturopathy graduates across diverse fields.
Job Opportunities after BNYS
A degree in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences will help improve the knowledge and skills to pursue a wide range of career opportunities. Jobs are available in both the public and private sectors. Sectors that employ BNYS Graduates are:
- Physicians in Government Hospitals/Health Centers.
- Lifestyle Consultants.
- Private Clinical Setup for the General Public.
- Health Spa Managers.
- Wellness Centers.
- Health Resorts.
- Med Spas.
- Rejuvenation Centers.
Rankings and Affiliation
Annai College of Naturopathy and Yoga Science Thanjavur is ranked among the best naturopathy colleges in Tamil Nadu. The Institution is affiliated with TN Dr. MGR Health University, Chennai, and the courses are approved by the AYUSH Ministry, Government of India. Students are offered top-class infrastructure facilities, experienced faculty members, course structure, and excellent placements. Lucrative salary packages are given to naturopathy graduates.
In the list of top Naturopathy Colleges in Tamil Nadu comes the Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy. Click the link and read the article to learn more about the college.
On Campus Facilities
ACNYS Campus is located at Anakudi Road, which is in the Thanjavur District of Tamilnadu. The Institution is spread across 15 acres of land with the best infrastructure facilities made for the students studying in the college. Facilities given by the college are:
Ragging is strictly prohibited on campus. The Anti-Ragging Committee is responsible for maintaining discipline among students during college times. Members ensure that rules and regulations are strictly followed. Fines and penalties are imposed on students who indulge in wrongful activities.
Girls and Boys have separate accommodation facilities within the campus premises. Mess is attached to each of them. Hostel Fees and mess are charged differently as per the rooms you opt for during the time of study. The Institution looks after the safety and security of the hostel residents.
A 100-bed hospital is situated around the campus vicinity. There are qualified and experienced specialist doctors who look after the healthcare needs of people living in the nearby areas. Students are given clinical training in the herbal garden, which uses herbs for natural therapies.
College Contact Details
- Address: Anakudi Road, Kovilacheri, Kumbakonam Taluk, Thanjavur District 612503 Tamilnadu.
- Distance from Thanjavur Railway Station: 54.3 km.
- Distance from Thanjavur Bus Stand: 47.8 km.
- Distance from Thanjavur Airport: 62.9 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur comes under which University?
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur comes under TN Dr MGR Health University, Chennai.
2. How many seats are there for BNYS in ACNYS?
There are 100 seats for BNYS in ACNYS.
3. Can BNYS Graduates be called Doctors?
Yes, BNYS Graduates are Registered Doctors.
4. When was the Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur established?
Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur was established in the year 2018.
5. What is the duration of the BNYS Program?
The duration of the BNYS Program is 5 and ½ years.
6. In which place is the ACNYS located?
ACNYS is located in Kovilacheri in the Kumbakonam Taluk, Thanjavur District of Tamilnadu.
7. Do naturopaths treat depression?
Yes, naturopaths treat depression using naturopathic medicine.
8. Does the Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, Annai College of Naturopathy & Yoga Science Thanjavur provides hostel accommodation.
To know the list of BNYS Colleges, read my article on:
A small ask
I hope you are finding my articles on the college interesting and relevant. Please write a review about what you like and dislike about the institution. Your views and opinions really matter to us. You can contribute to building the career of a naturopath. Thanks for your review!