Naturopathy is the holistic approach towards wellness and helps a person live a healthy life. The alternate system of medicine uses natural remedies to help the body to perform self-healing. Nowadays, naturopaths are in demand throughout the world. Tamil Nadu has some of the top naturopathy colleges in the country. In my article, I will be giving you more in-depth information on one of these colleges, Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy!
Table of Contents
- Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Overview
- Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Admission
- Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Courses Offered
- Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Fee Structure
- Placements and Scope
- Rankings and Affiliations
- On Campus Facilities
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Overview
Ramakrishna Education and Charities Trust founded Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy. The College was established in the year 2019 and comes under Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai. The annual intake for the BNYS Course is 100 seats. The esteemed institution is fully dedicated to promoting yoga and naturopathy as holistic approaches in the healthcare stream.
|Name||Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College|
|Address||Kottaimedu, Irungalur, Manachanallur, Trichy 621105 Tamilnadu|
|Affiliated to||Tamil Nadu. Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai|
|Approved by||Health and Family Welfare Ministry, New Delhi|
|Study Mode||Regular/ Full Time|
|Hostel||Both Boys and Girls|
To become a renowned educational institution and to nurture the students with unique teaching and learning techniques. To provide a comprehensive learning experience in the medical as well as clinical research in the field of Naturopathy and Yoga.
The mission of the institution is:
- To emphasize developing the students with the rigorous and standardized course structure.
- Help to achieve the creation of a healthy lifestyle through naturopathy and yoga.
- The objective of the college is to provide health for all.
Why Study at Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy?
The College has a vibrant campus, which provides a conducive environment to help foster personal growth and development. Students from various parts of the country come here to study. Some of the reasons to study here are:
- The Campus offers top-class infrastructure facilities such as hostels, transport, conference hall, recreation, yoga, and so on.
- Faculty Members are experienced, qualified, and knowledgeable in the naturopathy field.
- The College organizes health care camps as well as community outreach programs.
- The course syllabus is updated with the latest developments in the field of naturopathy and yoga.
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Admission
The admission procedure for the BNYS Course at KNYMC is mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the admissions link.
- Step 2: Download and fill up the application form with your personal details. Attach the necessary documents.
- Step 3: After that, you will get a link to pay the fees for the application.
- Step 4: Take a printout of the completed form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria for BNYS
In order to get admission to the BNYS Course, you must become eligible by satisfying the eligibility criteria:
- Aspirants must have passed Higher Secondary or any other equivalent examination.
- He/ She must obtain an aggregate score of 45 to 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Botany, along with Zoology.
- The aggregate score for categories such as SC/ST/OBC/BC/MBC and OC varies as per the communities.
Documents Required for BNYS
At the time of the counseling round, you are required to carry the following documents along with the application form:
- 10th Class Marksheet.
- 12th Class Marksheet.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate.
- Certificate of Conduct.
- Community Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Courses Offered
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy offer undergraduate level courses in Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science. The intake for the program is 100 students every year.
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS)
Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science is also called BNYS. The program covers a duration of 5 years and 6 months. It includes 4 years and 6 months of academics, which is followed by 1 year of compulsory internship. Students are taught various subjects using both theoretical as well as practical teaching methodologies.
BNYS Course Curriculum is designed so that students gain knowledge through patient care. Learning is done through various teaching methodologies like lectures, clinical demonstrations, bedside teaching, seminars as well as workshops. Degree of Completion is awarded after finishing the internship. Students become Government Registered Medical Practitioners in the stream of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences.
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Fee Structure
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Fees Structure for the BNYS Program is:
|Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science (BNYS)||NA|
- Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Fees for the BNYS Degree differ according to your category. The fees are charged as per the guidelines of TN Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Hostel Fees and Mess Fees are taken separately from the students.
Scholarships are monetary boosters given to students based on their overall performance in both academics as well as extracurricular activities. The Committee shortlists the eligible candidates on the basis of performance in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Financial assistance is given in the form of monetary benefits to eligible students.
Placements and Scope
The Placement Department at the institution looks after the placement-related activities for giving placements and internships. Students are trained by experts in the field through activities such as seminars, conferences, workshops, hospital visits as well as guest lectures. Clinical practice is offered during the internship period of 1 year. Top hospitals and healthcare institutions visit the institution for placement activities.
Job Profiles After Completing BNYS
BNYS Graduates have an ample number of opportunities available across both the government as well as private sectors. The average salary packages differ according to the amount of experience in the medical field. Some of the job profiles offered to BNYS Graduates are:
- Research Assistant.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Healthcare Consultant.
- Physiotherapist, and so on.
Rankings and Affiliations
The Institution is ranked among the top naturopathy colleges in Tamilnadu. Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy comes under TN Dr MGR Health University, Chennai, and the courses are approved by the AYUSH Ministry. The College is ranked good because of its excellent infrastructure facilities, experienced faculty members as well as placements. Students are placed in top government and private sector organizations with handsome packages.
On Campus Facilities
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy Address is located at Kottaimedu, which is in Trichy, Tamil Nadu. Its lush, landscaped, and green campus provides the most conducive environment to stay and pursue their studies. Trichy is an ancient city with a rich cultural heritage. The place is known for the top medical institutions in Tamil Nadu. It is well connected by road, rail, and air. Facilities Offered to the students within the campus are:
Hostel Accommodation is provided for both boys and girls. The Campus has separate buildings for boys and girls. Mess is attached to the individual hostels. It offers snacks and healthy vegetarian food. Staff members also reside within the campus for the safety of the students.
The library is the knowledge Centre of the College. There is a vast collection of 1,000 volumes of reference books, study books, reference materials, and journals. The digital library gives access to online resources to both the students as well as faculty members. It has a small study area where the students can have group discussions and assignments or study peacefully.
Krishna Naturopathy, Yoga and Medical Hospital is located within the college premises. It offers treatments such as Hydrotherapy, Mud Therapy, Massage Therapy, Diet and Nutrition, Yoga Therapy, Physiotherapy, and so on. The experienced doctors also treat diseases like Asthma, Diabetes, Hypertension, Arthritis, etc.
Other Facilities given to the students within the campus are:
- Seminar Hall with 100 people capacity.
- Generator Facility.
- Adequate Water Supply.
- Yoga Hall.
- Computer Lab.
- Medical Care Centre for the Students.
If you want to go to a college with students coming from all over India, then you should check out this college – S Thangapazham Naturopathy College Tenkasi.
College Contact Details
- Address: Kottaimedu, Irungalur, Manachanallur, Trichy 621105 Tamilnadu.
- Distance from Trichy Airport: 24.7 km.
- Distance from Trichy Railway Station: 23.7 km.
- Distance from Trichy Bus Stop: 23.5 km.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy located?
Krishna Naturopathy and Yoga Medical College Trichy is located at Kottaimedu in Trichy.
2. Can BNYS Doctors prescribe allopathic medicine?
No, BNYS Doctors are not allowed to prescribe allopathic medicine.
3. What is the duration of the BNYS Course?
The duration of the BNYS Course is 5 years and 6 months.
4. How many students are taken for the BNYS Course?
Number of students taken for the BNYS Course is 100.
5. Does the college provide hostel accommodation?
Yes, the college provides hostel accommodation.
6. Can I open a clinic after BNYS?
Yes, you can open a clinic after BNYS.
7. How much time is required for a compulsory internship?
Time required to complete compulsory internship is 1 year.
8. How much can a BNYS graduate earn in Tamilnadu?
A BNYS Graduate can earn around INR 2 LPA to INR 3 LPA in Tamilnadu.
A small ask
If you are an alumni or a student who is currently pursuing a course in the college, I would request you to write a review for us. Let me know what you like and dislike about the institution. Your opinions can help a fellow student make a better career decision.