Do you feel that being creative and expressing your creativity is your thing? Are you perhaps the type to use drawings and artwork to express your ideas and thoughts? Then, arts is perhaps the stream that is right for you. But Arts is a very wide and expansive field. How about we focus on drawing, designing, and creating art as part of ‘Arts’? If that is what you are looking for, then you should check out the Asian Institute of Design Bangalore which specializes in arts and design and we will learn more about this incredible institute today.
Table of Contents
- Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Overview
- Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Admission
- Asian Institute of Design Courses Offered
- Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Fees
- Placements & Scope
- Rankings & Recognition
- On-Campus Facilities Offered
- College Contact Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Overview
The roots of the Asian Institute of Design Bangalore started in 2008 with the setting up of the Asian Institute of Gaming and Animation (AIGA) which was the first institute in India to offer courses specific to game development, game programming, and animation.
In 2017, it was rebranded into the now-known Asian Institute of Design Bangalore and started offering an even wider variety of courses as per the demands of the industry. It is the oldest and the most specialized college for game design and animation/VFX.
|Name||Asian Institute of Design|
|Address||41/1, Murugeshpalya, Old Airport Road, Opposite Kemp fort Mall, Bangalore – 560017, Karnataka, India.|
|College Type||Private College|
|Affiliated To||Bangalore North University (from 2018)|
|Accreditation||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Study Mode||Full-time/Regular, Distance/Online|
The vision of the Asian Institute of Design is to facilitate a culture that encourages innovation and diversity among its students, by committing to their best interests and being open and transparent in their aim to do so.
The mission of the institution is to develop leaders and professionally competent individuals through active learning and a focus on values. It also aims to provide good exposure for its students by partnering with various foreign institutions and organizations and allowing the development of real-world skills and abilities.
Why study at the Asian Institute of Design Bangalore?
Asian Institute of Design Bangalore is one of the oldest and is amongst the top colleges for arts specializing in the field of game design and animation. A few reasons to study at this college are:
- Well furnished, modern, and digital classrooms.
- Collaboration with foreign institutes and companies.
- Various clubs to explore extra-curricular activities and other interests.
- The campus has modern security with CCTV and guards to ensure the full safety of the students.
Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Admission
The admission process for the courses offered by the college are:
- Apply and register for the admission test online.
- Take the test (online/on-campus) at a scheduled date.
- Take the interview (telephonic/on-campus) at a scheduled date.
- Once selected, you will receive a mail regarding your provisional admission and details of the admission fees, and a checklist of required documents on your registered mail id.
- Remit the admission fees and email the invoice to confirm your admission.
- Your payment gets confirmed in 2-3 business days and your seat is booked.
- For degree courses – Minimum 12th passed.
- For diploma and professional diploma courses – Minimum 10th passed.
Documents required for Admission
- 12th Marksheet and passing certificate.
- 10th Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Identity Proof as in Aadhar, PAN, etc.
- Birth Certificate.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
Asian Institute of Design Courses Offered
The Asian Institute of Design Bangalore, offers a huge variety of courses ranging from degree-level bachelor courses in game art, product design, computer application, and data sciences to diploma and advanced diploma-level courses in arts, design, and Artificial Intelligence (AI). A typical degree-level course takes 3-4 years to complete while a diploma course ranges anywhere from 2 months to 2 years depending on the course, mode of study, etc.
The courses at the Asian Institute of Design are all uniquely designed with great stress on practical and industry knowledge. As such, a huge part of the course is the collaboration and working with industry specialists and pioneering institutions. They give stress practical and real-world application as much as theoretical and fundamental knowledge.
The college offers various courses in design and arts, given below:
- Bachelor in Animation and Game Art.
- Bachelor in Product Design.
- Advanced Diploma in Visual Effects.
- Professional Diploma in Game Art.
- Professional Diploma in Animation.
- Diploma in UX/UI Design.
- Diploma in Communication Design.
- Advanced Diploma in Video Content Creation.
Asian Institute of Design Bangalore Fees
The fees for the various courses at the Asian Institute of Bangalore are:
|Bachelor in Animation and Game Art||NA|
|Bachelor in Product Design||NA|
The institute offers dynamic scholarships which means the total amount of fees covered by the scholarship depends upon the performance of the candidate in 10th and 12th board examination, entrance test and portfolios developed by the candidates and is determined by the college on a case to case basis.
Placements & Scope
The placement cell at the Asian Institute of Design – Bangalore is the crux of what makes this institute unique and allow its students to prosper and lead successful career after graduating.
- The placement cell assigns internships at various companies and projects.
- It works in collaboration with Game studios like Rockstar Games, Microsoft Studios, Activision, etc.
- It also collaborates with Design and VFX studios with students having worked in the graphics department of blockbuster movies such as Avengers, Godzilla, etc.
- It also provides career counseling and guides students into choosing the right career path for them.
Rankings & Recognition
The Asian Institute of Design Bangalore is ranked amongst the top private colleges for design and arts because of its unique curriculum, practical approach to teaching, modern facilities, and great opportunities that it provides to its students.
The college is affiliated with Bangalore North University and is NAAC accredited. It even received the prestigious Certificate of Appreciation from Skill India on July 14, 2015. It also works closely on projects in collaboration with renowned foreign institutes such as Technische Universitat Berlin, Universitat de Barcelona, and Symbiosis International University.
On-Campus Facilities Offered
The classrooms are fully furnished, technology-assisted digital classes and lecture halls that are of international standards. All classrooms are also wi-fi enabled and IT-enabled to promote advanced and collaborative learning.
The computer lab is fully air-conditioned and has every software needed to design and create your portfolio. It has wifi facility, high-speed internet, and is fitted with the latest hardware.
The college is filled with various zones marked for recreation purposes. It allows the student to have a place to be creative and explore his ideas and creativity. It also promotes extracurricular activities and allows students to collaborate and encourage holistic development.
The gaming area on the campus allows for a chill and relaxing area for students to hang out and play games and enjoy themselves with each other. The computers are fitted with the latest hardware and various multiplayer games which are free to play for the students.
The college has various clubs and societies to encourage co-curricular activities and lateral development of the students. The various clubs are:
- Football Club.
- Photography Club.
- Animation Club.
- Comic Club.
- Art Club.
- 3D Modelling Club.
College Contact Details
- Address – 41/1, Murugeshpalya, Old Airport Road, Opposite Kemp fort Mall, Bangalore – 560017, Karnataka, India.
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone – +91 8040480900, +91 8884056789.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which university is the College Affiliated with?
The College is Affiliated with Bangalore North University.
2. What courses are offered by the college?
The college currently offers Bachelor in Game Arts and Animation and Diploma in UI/UX Design.
3. When does the Course Commence?
For bachelor's programs, the session starts in July of every year.
4. What are the minimum Requirements for the Courses?
You need to be a 12th pass for Degree Courses and a 10th pass for diploma courses.
5. Where is the College Located?
The College is Located in Murugeshpalya, Old Airport Road, Bangalore - 560017.
6. What are the career prospects in game design?
Game designing is one of the most emerging industry skills. With the global game market being around 200 billion dollars, it is an ever-growing industry with lots of opportunities to offer.
7. How are Placements at the Asian Institute of Design Bangalore?
The Asian Institute of Design Placement cell is always there to assess, analyze and guide you into finding the right opportunity or project for you, with many graduates working on blockbuster movies like Godzilla, Avengers, etc.
8. Does the College have online courses?
Yes, the Asian Institute of Design does offer various diploma and professional diploma courses in UI/UX design, game arts, and more, all from the comfort of your house through its online courses.
A Small Request
It makes us immensely proud and happy that you like our posts and find them intriguing and helpful. If you are an aspirant, a student currently, or alumni of this very college, please leave a review expressing your views and experience. It will be really helpful for the upcoming designers and artists of our time.